• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend:Milan Games Week Smash the Record Defend the North & More

crash-14

Top 16 DtN

winners

LTOD|Native Impact (T. Hawk) vs EG|Justin Wong (Rufus)
FNO|CrazySalvi (Rose) vs PIE|Smug (Dudley)
OG|Shine (Yang) vs RB|Snake Eyez (Zangief)
FNO|BobbyBlunts (Seth) vs Liquid|NuckleDu (Decapre)

Losers

YOMI|Dieminion (Guile) vs. PG|Coach Steve (Blanka, Rolento)
OG|RLBS (Guy)
PxG|Integra (Ken) vs. CoinUp|Ludovic (Chun-Li)
DCB|AfterDeath (Zangief) OCV|Riceata (Blanka)
EMP|Hiro (M. Bison) vs. L1|Zaferino (Fei Long)
STVG|Flocker (Cammy) vs. TSC|Sanford Kelly (Oni)
KIG|Problem X (C. Viper)
YOMI|Joel (Ryu)

If Justin failed to win SpabRog, he would have faced Problem X (who already beat SpabRog)

Yes, I said that before the start of Milan Game Week. But still a bad result for an EG member.

Yeah so Ricki won't be in Capcom Cup. She will need an absolute miracle at Canada Cup and she just hasn't been impressive this year. Even at events with low competition she struggled.

Yeah so Ricki won't be in Capcom Cup. She will need an absolute miracle at Canada Cup and she just hasn't been impressive this year. Even at events with low competition she struggled.

Agreed, it was once hard to imagine this but she has fallen off a bit in the past year. Not much, but it doesn't take much to fall short of qualifying for Capcom Cup when the competition is so stiff now.

Milan is such a huge tournament because it has the most players who can really shake up the standings. Ryan Hart, Kbrad, and Phenom are all barely on the outside with Haitani and Valmaster barely on the inside. Then you still have pretty good players like Eita, Kindevu, and RB who have almost no points but are very capable of taking it.

If only Luffy didn't gatekeep Europe so well we would probably have maybe 2 or 3 extra Europeans in point contention right now lol. But him and Infil are ruthless. Nobody gets any scraps as long as they can help it.

Shouta

Native got impatient there. He really just has to stand his ground and counterpoke with MK because it's so good against low buttons.

crash-14

So

Winners Top 8

Smug vs Justin
Snake Eyez vs Nuckledu

Smug really has his chance to be at Capcom Cup. MGW looks good for those ones expecting gate keeps. Luffy, Xian, Fuudo and Tonpy are still in winners and can make it to top 8 winners together.

I honestly don't know why Problem X hasn't used Seth. I honestly think he's better with that character right know.

jbug617

Banned
Nuckledu use to give Snake Eyez problems but I don't think I they played since Snake leveled up from his Japan trip.

I'm 40 mins from Defend the North, to go or not to go..
What say you Kokonoe?
20130921_kokonoe_resize.jpg

That woulda been weird as hell. I almost went too. I wonder if ive seen you at any events and just dont know it.

I honestly don't know why Problem X hasn't used Seth. I honestly think he's better with that character right know.

If Seth does more than 2 reversals that are blocked then he's dead. With Viper he has a unlimited number of safe reversals with or without meter. You can tell that's a integral part of his play style.

Marz

If Seth does more than 2 reversals that are blocked then he's dead. With Viper he has a unlimited number of safe reversals with or without meter. You can tell that's a integral part of his play style.

Lol yup pretty much. I think hes one of those players that is going to disappear off the face of the earth once V comes out.

DTN is pretty boring this year tbh, almost like i cant get excited for a tournament unless it has a mix of top international competition anymore.

crash-14

I get it, but still... His Viper looked sloppy during the tournament. I doubt he played once with Seth.

Imo the trip didn't pay off. It's no like he couldn't make top 16 at Milan... And I'm sure he expected to be at least top 6 at NY.

Lol yup pretty much. I think hes one of those players that is going to disappear off the face of the earth once V comes out.

He's using Rashid and whooping UK asses at those WSO. Will see what happens.

pixelish

is today the last day of the online rendition of topanga a league?

just to clarify again, bottom two placers will be relegated to b league right?

USD

TOPANGA LEAGUE 5A ROUND 6

Final day of the online league. Top four go to the upper finals league, bottom two drop to B League. The remaining players go the lower finals league.

Kazunoko (Yun) vs. Dashio (Seth)
3-1 ○○●○
Kitasenju DJ (Dee Jay) vs. Tokido (Akuma)
3-0 ○○○
Bonchan (Sagat) vs. Nemo (Rolento)
3-1 ○○●○
Umehara (Evil Ryu) vs. Pepeday (El Fuerte)
3-1 ●○○○
Momochi (Ken) vs. Kazunoko (Yun)
3-0 ○○○
Uryo (Chun-Li) vs. Pepeday (El Fuerte)
3-2 ●○○●○
Michael-tan (Ken) vs. Hagejin (Zangief)
3-1 ●○○○
Uryo (Chun-Li) vs. Kitasenju DJ (Dee Jay)
0-3 ●●●
Bonchan (Sagat) vs. Kazunoko (Yun)
0-3 ●●●
Pepeday (El Fuerte) vs. Tokido (Akuma)
3-2 ●○○●○
Umehara (Evil Ryu) vs. Momochi (Ken)
0-3 ●●●

Results:

Umehara, Bonchan, Kazunoko and Nemo advance to the upper finals league. Momochi, Michael-tan, Hagejin, Uryo, Dashio and Pepeday advance to the lower finals league. Tokido and Kitasenju DJ fall from competition and drop to B League.

Hyun Sai

Well, Daigo and Bonchan are locked in Top 4 now.

Momochi is in a tough spot. He needs to win against Daigo AND Kazunoko to lose against Bonchan.

At the bottom, Kitasenju is sure out of the A league, and Tokido will fight for his life after getting DESTROYED by the Deejay player... But If Pepeday wins 2 more matches, it's over for him.

EDIT : Well, the battle to stay in A league will be decided by the Pepeady VS Tokido match...

pixelish

top 8 at miLAG games week
winners side
gonzales (seth) (jpn) vs fuudo (fei) (jpn)
rb (rolento, guy, hugo) (tw) vs xian (gen) (sg)

note: fuudo, rb and xian are from team razer so collusion is very likely since fuudo and xian have qualified for capcom cup
Kappa

losers side
louffy (rose) (fr) vs eita (akuma) (jpn)
kbrad (cammy) (usa) vs either tonpy (viper) (jpn) or ryan hart (sagat, ryu, ken, yun) (uk)

pixelish

eita is one of those players who either doesn't make it out of pools or makes a deep run into top 8.

and if im not mistaken, louffy beat eita at evo 2014

crash-14

I don't think will see collution. There's money on the line... But you never know.

So Valmaster and Haitani fucked up their chances. Haitani pretty much out and Valmaster needs to wait the gatekeeps. (If they don't decide to attend Canada Cup).

Luffy failed to protect us from Seth. Let's hope Fuudo doesn't...

Shit's unwatchable even in "low" settings, never thought it would be that bad.
What's funny is that the casters seem to pretend it's not their fault but the internet at their place. Weirdly enough the stream only starts to lag when games have started and a lot of action is happening on screen, which is the proof it's a bitrate thing : they only need to lower it.

ldcommando

Banned
the fuck is going on on the milan torunie, fucking mobile internet or some shit? At first I thought it was some problem with the ps4 twitch app, lol

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I'm on location and other people are streaming without a hitch so I don't think it's that, I mean the whole city and suburbs are pretty much 95% fiber wired

crash-14

Pepeday has sent Tokido to Topanga B League.

Finals

Daigo
Bonchan
Kazunoko
Nemo

Lower League

Momochi
Michael-Tan
Hagejin
Uryo
Dashio
Pepeday

B-League

Tokido
Kitasenju

crash-14

If Xian wins, Luffy, Ryan Hart, Gonzales and RB will fight for that premier spot. That also could shake the ranking if the player that gets the spot doesn't win.

Valmaster rooting for Luffy right now.

Daigo 1st place in the ft3 round robin again.

Here are some stats for the players in the ft3 part of Japan's round robins (Topanga A League and Gods Garden).

Online Gods Garden ft3 included with Topanga ft3 (no B League or playoffs)
1. Daigo 49-17
2. Sako 36-19
3. Kazunoko 31-24
4. Uryo 34-32
5. Momochi 34-32
6. Fuudo 21-23
7. Bonchan 28-27

Mago 18-26
Tokido 14-30

crash-14

Well

Ryan Hart - Gonzalez
Luffy - RB

one of them will take the premier spot. I think Valmaster, Gackt, Misse and Dakou are Luffy fans right now

Kikujiro

I'm on location and other people are streaming without a hitch so I don't think it's that, I mean the whole city and suburbs are pretty much 95% fiber wired

I don't know, there have been many Premiers and Ranking Events in Europe without any lag, so it's hard to fault the streamers. Now they lowered the bitrate and it's still lagging.

Top Bottom