• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
£8 handling fee from Royal Mail, even more I believe with other couriers, + about 20% of the value of your package.

Best option is to use SAL Unregistered, less likely to be hit by customs but it happens more when it's tracked.

PewPewK

Those guys must have been doing something wrong. I think detolf shelves shouldn't have more than 15 or so lbs per shelf. I don't know what killed that bookcase, though.

That photo of the detolf was actually from reddit and MFC. The user discovered after the fact that they had built the detolf incorrectly. She had installed the bars that held the shelf reversed, if that makes sense. Normally the bars that hold them are facing the inside of the detolf, but she had built it so they face the outside. She had also screwed them in too tight, causing them to bow and bend. These two factors combined eventually contributed to one of the glass panels falling off and creating a domino effect.

No idea what happened with the bookcase though. My guess is he either overloaded it (less likely) or it was built incorrectly (more likely) or a mixture of both.

That photo of the detolf was actually from reddit and MFC. The user discovered after the fact that they had built the detolf incorrectly. She had installed the bars that held the shelf reversed, if that makes sense. Normally the bars that hold them are facing the inside of the detolf, but she had built it so they face the outside. She had also screwed them in too tight, causing them to bow and bend. These two factors combined eventually contributed to one of the glass panels falling off and creating a domino effect.

oh, okay. That makes sense. Glad I built mine correctly. Those things are a pain in the ass, even when you know what you're doing.

LiK

No idea what happened with the bookcase though. My guess is he either overloaded it (less likely) or it was built incorrectly (more likely) or a mixture of both.

alright, that makes more sense. people need to follow the directions more closely.

i'm giving up on Detolfs for my expanded display. Gonna buy a big Billy case instead.

Yaari

ckQ7LaD.jpg

Repost from Reddit, but this is what I got thus far. Plus some on the way.
That's a IKEA Billy Shelf. Hopefully I can get a Detolf eventually.

I was not going to buy anything anymore, but then a Ultimate Madoka popped up on MFC from someone in the UK. Considering shipping included it was 70EUR cheaper than getting it new, I decided to go for it. I was going to buy it anyway eventually, and this way I can save a bunch. Importing one would not have been fun either considering you are pretty much bound to EMS and custom charges.

I guess we'll see how it turns out. He said it was like new, but I guess you never know for sure.

I was not going to buy anything anymore, but then a Ultimate Madoka popped up on MFC from someone in the UK. Considering shipping included it was 70EUR cheaper than getting it new, I decided to go for it. I was going to buy it anyway eventually, and this way I can save a bunch. Importing one would not have been fun either considering you are pretty much bound to EMS and custom charges.

You're not going to fit an Ultimate Madoka in a billy if you space the shelves evenly. And even then, I'm not sure about depth-wise.

Yaari

You're not going to fit an Ultimate Madoka in a billy if you space the shelves evenly. And even then, I'm not sure about depth-wise.

Yeah I know, I'm going to have to go for a IKEA trip soon. Haha. I guess I'll check for damage but not actually set it up yet.

PewPewK

Repost from Reddit, but this is what I got thus far. Plus some on the way.
That's a IKEA Billy Shelf. Hopefully I can get a Detolf eventually.

I guess we'll see how it turns out. He said it was like new, but I guess you never know for sure.

Yeah, I saw your post on reddit, it's a good start!

I've found most users on MFC are trustworthy, but obviously your mileage may vary.

---

I have one detolf, which has served me well, but my main display currently is an expedit. It's a poor photo, but here's what my current expedit setup looks like. About 75% of my collection is in the expedit.

Luigi87

My August amiami box is in!

Thank you also for the earlier tip on Metallic Spider-Woman, picked one up and she was well worth it.

This one's not new, but too adorable to pass up while I was taking pictures.

Lovely shots, I really like how you have the second one framed with the lighting.

Yaari

Yeah, I saw your post on reddit, it's a good start!

I've found most users on MFC are trustworthy, but obviously your mileage may vary.

---

I have one detolf, which has served me well, but my main display currently is an expedit. It's a poor photo, but here's what my current expedit setup looks like. About 75% of my collection is in the expedit.

That looks good as well. It's a pretty long wall I have, so I guess I have some options. As I said before, not the biggest fan of a detolf flat on the floor. I prefer it to be lifted, but they are so heavy that it is somewhat tricky.

Detolf only being 163cm, it is a waste of the rest of the wall that I could easily use.

Yeah I agree on MFC. The guy had no feedback yet so I was somewhat hesistant, did some searches on the info he gave along the way, pretty much all I could have done together with buyer protection.

PewPewK

That looks good as well. It's a pretty long wall I have, so I guess I have some options. As I said before, not the biggest fan of a detolf flat on the floor. I prefer it to be lifted, but they are so heavy that it is somewhat tricky.

Detolf only being 163cm, it is a waste of the rest of the wall that I could easily use.

Yeah I agree on MFC. The guy had no feedback yet so I was somewhat hesistant, did some searches on the info he gave along the way, pretty much all I could have done together with buyer protection.

So long as you pay with PayPal and don't send money as a gift, you're pretty much guaranteed protection. It's not great - it's actually one of the negatives to PayPal - but they almost ALWAYS side with the buyer in any dispute and return money if asked, even if the buyer were to be at fault.

Another option for the detolf is to place it on a 4 or 5 by one expedit, like this...

Not my photo, obviously, but I liked the person's idea and was thinking about implementing it at some point.

one question,

For the people that have setup ikea billys. All 3 of my shelf on the top shelf, and only on one side the 2 pegs things are sticking out from the bottom (the pegs that hold the shelf).

Is that normal? I mean i tried pushing down, no luck and its pretty stable. Not only that but its in all 3 of my shelves and it looks to be flat/stable.

Like the SW setup but I can't do that. I rather have the lighting on them as well

one question,

For the people that have setup ikea billys. All 3 of my shelf on the top shelf, and only on one side the 2 pegs things are sticking out from the bottom (the pegs that hold the shelf).

Is that normal? I mean i tried pushing down, no luck and its pretty stable. Not only that but its in all 3 of my shelves and it looks to be flat/stable.

Do you mean the metal pegs that support the shelves? All of mine stick out just a bit at the bottom. They don't go into the shelf-hole (sounds so dirty) all the way.

Yaari

Expedits are discontinued, though.

This appears so yeah. They are also not ment for that kind of weight, which I guess you both already knew. I wonder if there is a way to reinforce them.

They are still available through used sales, I was considering going that way because it looks pretty good.

Bombless

Should I be worried? I'm in the UK, my Snow Miku Nendoroid shipped on the 25th same as everyone else's but I haven't received her and the tracking hasn't changed since the 25th. Should I email GSC? Or will she turn up next week?

What's the last status on the tracker?

Yaari

Alot of people do use them to boost up detolfs, though.

I'm going to look into it. Maybe if I stuff it full of wood so that it can carry the weight of the detolfs. After all, I don't plan on putting anything in the Expedit itself.

I'd sleep better at night. Imagine all of that crashing down, bah.

It doesn't really matter as long as the shelf is both stable and level.

okay i went back to my shelf and took a look at it. Basically I pushed the peg to the side of the bookcase all the way in and because of that, the circle things doesn't match with the hole on the shelf. I basically adjusted that peg-to-bookcase and pulled it like l-l (or smaller) and it sinked in completely in the hole. Now they all the support pegs fit completely into the hole of the shelf. Weird that it was only the top shelf and only one side that had the issue.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
What's all the fuss about Senran Kagura?

Super late reply, but I've been without internet. :(

It's got fun gameplay, a decent story, and a ton of fanservice. Basically everything the body needs.

I actually am a fan of SK's story at this point. The characters are fun, personable, and have interesting backstories. The IP is just getting more and more popular, especially since the Western announcements.

I'm going to look into it. Maybe if I stuff it full of wood so that it can carry the weight of the detolfs. After all, I don't plan on putting anything in the Expedit itself.

I'd sleep better at night. Imagine all of that crashing down, bah.

I don't do it, myself. Honestly, detolfs are heavy, and I wouldn't be able to relax with one of those on a tiny little box. No matter how sturdy it may be.

Bombless

My August amiami box is in!

Thank you also for the earlier tip on Metallic Spider-Woman, picked one up and she was well worth it.

This one's not new, but too adorable to pass up while I was taking pictures.

I'm going to the Post Office tomorrow to pickup Elf and Kaoru, great pics!

this is what it looks like now. I had to pulled them out a very tiny bit in order for it to sink in. Do your guys look like that in terms of length and such?

My pegs are slotted all the way in against the sides. Shelves are level, so I'd rather have them that way then pulling the pegs out at all. That's how disasters happen.

My pegs are slotted all the way in against the sides. Shelves are level, so I'd rather have them that way then pulling the pegs out at all. That's how disasters happen.

yeah. But im just kinda worried of having them not fit into the hole. i mean the peg length is about l---------l so like 80%+ is in the side. blehhh

yeah. But im just kinda worried of having them not fit into the hole. i mean the peg length is about l---------l so like 80%+ is in the side. blehhh

It should probably be fine. All the shelves need to do is sit on something. As long as that something is sturdy as can be, there's no reason to worry.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Theyre cool. just if customs catches youll be adding like [what the poster below says]

edit: also amiami tells you the shipping fee. think unregistered SAL is about 700/800 yen

£8 handling fee from Royal Mail, even more I believe with other couriers, + about 20% of the value of your package.

Best option is to use SAL Unregistered, less likely to be hit by customs but it happens more when it's tracked.

cheers guys

Went to Otakon, tons of figures but avoided them except for two small little collectible K-On Figures. Bunch of Nendos but the prices were rather meh...not to mention I didn't want to risk getting a bootleg.

Anything good? Anyone selling Catwoman bishoujos?

Didn't see any of those Bishoujos, I was on the lookout for hard to find K-On stuff but wasn't much around. Lots and lots of dealers selling mecha figures though.

Oh and I preorderd that game you posted about earlier (catching up with the thread) last week on the Vita. Once I saw Taiga was in it I watched a trailer and preordered immediately :p

Oh and I preorderd that game you posted about earlier (catching up with the thread) last week on the Vita. Once I saw Taiga was in it I watched a trailer and preordered immediately :p

I'm still debating. Kind of want, but at the same time, I don't play fighters as much anymore, and I'm buying a PS4 in early November in time for the new Dragon Age game.

Bombless

I like Dragon Age. ;_;

And this one is going to be way better than the second game.

First : Bioware will fuck this up somehow. Wait for reviews.
Second : You're buying a console for a game that will play better on PC.
Third : See First. You'll need mods/Durante to fix whatever Bioware fucks up.

In short : Don't do it. Not for a Bioware game.

I kind of want to get a PS4 for Destiny but more for Samurai Warriors 4 =P

Judge me, Jesus Kira!

I really don't have much of an interest in Destiny. It looks rad, and the story sounds cool. But the gameplay reminds me too much of a typical shoot & loot game like Borderlands. I've had enough of that for a while.

Only reason I haven't bought a PS4 yet is because none of the games I really want are out until 2015. But Dragon Age in November and the new Guilty Gear the month after are a good start.

What gave you the idea I was only buying it for Dragon Age? It's only the first of the games I'm really interested. Most of them are still coming in 2015.

Einbroch

Banned

This thread is where I come to get away from the console war/consoles vs PC debates.

Plz.

I'm pretty sure the only thing I'm going to buy on the PS4 right now (or for like the next year or something) is Musou and Musou-like games.
Yeah pretty much the only reason I'm excited for PS4, strangely can't find PS3 (EU) retail version of SW4 =/. So seems the only way to get a disk version of SW4 is for PS4.
I really don't have much of an interest in Destiny. It looks rad, and the story sounds cool. But the gameplay reminds me too much of a typical shoot & loot game like Borderlands. I've had enough of that for a while.

Only reason I haven't bought a PS4 yet is because none of the games I really want are out until 2015. But Dragon Age in November and the new Guilty Gear the month after are a good start.
TBF Destiny is only cause my friend kept bugging me to get a PS4 to play with him, but it's actually quite loathsome playing with him at times =/

The kind of friend that hates you being higher level than him and shouts parity but doesn't really give a shit when he is a higher level than you....*sighs*

bigkrev

I bought a PS4 so I could play TLOU (a game I bought day 1 and never played), and Pinball games (which work on PS3 and Vita).

Can't say I'm very good at not making dumb purchases

I bought a PS4 so I could play TLOU (a game I bought day 1 and never played), and Pinball games (which work on PS3 and Vita).

Can't say I'm very good at not making dumb purchases

If nothing else, it's future-proof for the foreseeable future. So you'll probably be able to play most anything that catches your eye for the next decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom