• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Announced (First on PS4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferr986

I just hope they keep the love triangle subtle like the original, and avoid making it so "in your face" like FF8 and 10.

Also #TeamTifa.

Arkeband

Banned
They've already changed Barrett's classic gun. I'm sure they could get away with giving her shorts again instead (Advent Children).

To be fair Barrett's classic gun doesn't make an awful lot of sense.

Ff7-barret.png

I think the gatling makeover is a vast improvement.

Turin

Banned
They've already changed Barrett's classic gun. I'm sure they could get away with giving her shorts again instead (Advent Children).

Her AC design is one of the few things I like about that movie.

Anyway, I want the option to give Cloud two shoulder pads like this picture below. Blasphomy, I know! :p

final-fantasy-7-final-fantasy-vii-6973833-800-600.jpg

If you pay close attention to the trailer the Gatling gun is placed on realistically.

On his amputated arm there is a brace attached to the gun for added realism.
A major improvement and I can't wait to see the rest of the cast.

Atlantis

To me is all about pure damage output. Anybody can heal, status ailments can easily be addressed/caused. Any chance to do more damage makes a character more useful, like the multiple slot techniques. That's why my final party is always made of Cloud Tifa Cid Berret Or Vincent, multiple hit limit breaks. Never had a moment of a last minute save using Aeris' limit breaks.

Aerith actually does have an absolutely incredible offensive Limit Break in Fury Brand, too bad it's partnered with the useless Breath of the Earth.

People focus a lot on end game damage out put, but Seal Evil is probably the best Limit Break the entire time Aerith is in the party unless you do some heavy grinding.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Guys a whole new generation is going to be introduced to the FFVII love triangle debate.

Reliving my teen years!

I don't really think there's much to debate considering how the story goes...its more about preference on which girl you like better during that time.

Ferr986

I don't really think there's much to debate considering how the story goes...its more about preference on which girl you like better during that time.

Yeah it basically Cloud and Tifa. Cloud had always a thing for Tifa.
I always assumed Aeris have some interest for Cloud just because he reminds her of Zack.

Turin

Banned
Tifa could do better.

I love Cloud but I sometimes feel like he'll still die in the cold somewhere. And he won't even be that bummed about it. lol

I just hope they keep the love triangle subtle like the original, and avoid making it so "in your face" like FF8 and 10.

Also #TeamTifa.

This.

Guys a whole new generation is going to be introduced to the FFVII love triangle debate.

Reliving my teen years!
This is what excites me. Not the love triangle thing but that a whole new generation of players are going to experience this amazing game.

Will it resonate and have the same impact for new players? (assuming the remake does the game justice).

Since things wont exactly be the same I wouldn't mind a little interaction between the turks and the crew before the last showdown. Something in character but a nice touch like them saying go get em we'll wait here to catch you.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Yeah it basically Cloud and Tifa. Cloud had always a thing for Tifa.
I always assumed Aeris have some interest for Cloud just because he reminds her of Zack.

In the game Aerith does state that she was attracted to Cloud because he reminded her of Zack. But she understood that Cloud wasn't him.

Its like Rose mistaking Dart for Zeig in Legend of Dragoon, even though they were not the same person and she acknowleged that fact.

pooptest

Ctrl + F: "Sapphire"

No results... 7,500 posts in and am I the only one who wants to fight him? Maybe he won't get
shot in the face
in the Remake.

I hope they don't change Tifa's outfit. It's iconic.

It's iconic but I do think it should be updated to be more practical. I wouldn't mind each character getting minor alterations as long as they still look like themselves

I find that her sexualized appearance doesn't jive with her personality. It works for a character like Bayonetta, but not Tifa.

I don't think anything drastic needs to be altered, replace the crop top with a more traditional tank and maybe swap out black shorts in place of the skirt.

This is of course just my opinion, I know it's going to be a touchy subject

Eh. I guess for some people it was.

*fingers crossed for customization options*

Customization would be awesome. Offer new default costumes for characters but also offer "classic" or make the old ones unlockable

Some ideas I thought that would be cool for the remake.

Yuffie flashback during the Wutai segment to know more about her maybe add the CC segment in the flashback.
More background info on Vincent and why he can transform during his limit breaks.

When taking on Sephiroth slight flashes of Aerith,Biggs,Wedge and Jessie and Cloud says this is for you. Small but a nice touch.

I think rated T games get away with more today than before.

You're gonna have to post examples, because I can't think of any T Rated games today that are doing what FF7 was doing in 1997. Theres a lot of stuff that Square got away with in pre rendered backdrops.

The more edgy games today, like CoD, Mortal Kombat, GTA, and Spec Ops, all were given M Ratings.

Kikujiro

Tifa needs a new outfit, the miniskirt is too silly, it was ok with stylized graphics like those early PS1 polygons, but with a more realistic look it doesn't work (see Quiet). Her redesign in Advent Children was awesome, so they can do something similar.

Zukuu

Banned
It's iconic but I do think it should be updated to be more practical. I wouldn't mind each character getting minor alterations as long as they still look like themselves

I find that her sexualized appearance doesn't jive with her personality. It works for a character like Bayonetta, but not Tifa.

I don't think anything drastic needs to be altered, replace the crop top with a more traditional tank and maybe swap out black shorts in place of the skirt.

Customization would be awesome. Offer new default costumes for characters but also offer "classic" or make the old ones unlockable
I think she looks fine here:
As long as there are no obvious panty shots I see no problems.

Koozek

Man, I wonder what's up with FFXVI now. If FFVIIR comes out in '17 (absolute best case), then we could get FFXVI in '18 two years after FFXV, which would be the shortest time span between two main-line (non-sequel) FFs since FFX/FFXI in '01/'02. If FFVIIR comes out in '18, though, we would have to wait another 4 years until '19 to see the first new new FF (we theoretically know FFXV since '06). Unless they release FFXVI in '17 already, just one year after FFXV, which would be crazy.

I know the slap battle is considered an iconic moment in the original game, but I really hope they make it an actual fight in the remake. I'm sure Scarlet had combat training, and Tifa's a freaking martial arts master, but nope, let's just have them slapping each other. The whole extended setpiece with Sapphire WEAPON attacking Junon and Tifa escaping her intended execution is so great, but I always wondered why Tifa didn't just drop Scarlet with a falcon punch or something.

Ferr986

Tifa needs a new outfit, the miniskirt is too silly, it was ok with stylized graphics like those early PS1 polygons, but with a more realistic look it doesn't work (see Quiet). Her redesign in Advent Children was awesome, so they can do something similar.

Ah come on, it's not nearly as bad as Quiet.
Other than the "she cant fight with a skirt" the actual outfit isn't that bad. It's not far from what a regular girl wears in summer (top + skirt)

I know the slap battle is considered an iconic moment in the original game, but I really hope they make it an actual fight in the remake. I'm sure Scarlet had combat training, and Tifa's a freaking martial arts master, but nope, let's just have them slapping each other. The whole extended setpiece with Sapphire WEAPON attacking Junon and Tifa escaping her intended execution is so great, but I always wondered why Tifa didn't just drop Scarlet with a falcon punch or something.

I want a full on fight too on top of the weapon. I want Tifa punching Scarlet so hard that she laughs properly.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

Or clothing can be equippable (but not able to hold Materia for balancing issues).

Because FFVII has humor and doesn't always take itself seriously.

Turin

Banned

Yup. They could even do some obscure ones like Cloud's Shinra uniform.

You're gonna have to post examples, because I can't think of any T Rated games today that are doing what FF7 was doing in 1997. Theres a lot of stuff that Square got away with in pre rendered backdrops.

The more edgy games today, like CoD, Mortal Kombat, GTA, and Spec Ops, all were given M Ratings.

Yeah. There's some games in recent years that are kind of surprising that they get an M rating.

I want a full on fight too on top of the weapon. I want Tifa punching Scarlet so hard that she laughs properly.

That would be great. Could Scarlet even fight? I'd think Tifa would just crush her.

Or clothing can be equippable (but not able to hold Materia for balancing issues).

In a utopian world.

jiggle

her looks fine to me
no reason to change
tumblr_na8nysnxTS1tw58h4o2_500.gif
tumblr_mi4fuu1PFv1s3v7j4o3_500.gif

it's aerith that's more problematic
how does one even run in that let alone kneel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom