• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Producer Promises Later Episodes Will Come Faster.

Caffeine

I think the whole game of Final Fantasy VII Remake (part 1) will have a total exploration map of Midgard.

This implies that all 12 sectors of the Midgard mako reactors will probably be explorable.

Midgard will probably be treated as a big city literally openworld, with history, dungeons, events, missions, and many new events for its universe.
In addition, of course, to all the events of the classic original story.
I know its a post from june. The demo didnt have all the data, but it was data mined about half a month ago and it only references sectors 1, 5, 6, 7, and 8. Wall market seems to be the only true open area with some slums this is where all the optional content is in game 1. however we still don't know much about sector 8 which is the major entertainment district. I hope your vision is true. we will find out when it releases.

To maximize the sales, it will probably be 2 years between releases. How will this affect the next Final Fantasy game? Is it already in development or are we waiting till FF7 remake is completely done? Don't get me wrong, I'm getting FF7 remake but I would have preffered if they worked on a brand new Final Fantasy experience.

Caffeine

To maximize the sales, it will probably be 2 years between releases. How will this affect the next Final Fantasy game? Is it already in development or are we waiting till FF7 remake is completely done? Don't get me wrong, I'm getting FF7 remake but I would have preffered if they worked on a brand new Final Fantasy experience.
from what is known no one is working on a 16. There have been interviews with kitase stating that they are focusing on remake as the next major installment so I assume till its complete but there will be some kind of dev overlap at some point transitioning to 16.

Kumomeme

they had multiple team...there is Luminous production, KH team at Osaka, Nomura team at Tokyo who handle FFVII Remake, and there Yoshida divison that also had separate team for AAA game other than XIV..not to mention different divison that handle game like Dragon Quest

Kumomeme

from what is known no one is working on a 16. There have been interviews with kitase stating that they are focusing on remake as the next major installment so I assume till its complete but there will be some kind of dev overlap at some point transitioning to 16.
only confirmed is Luminous production, Osaka team (KH) and Yoshida Division other than XIV team currently developing AAA game...atleast one of it could be XVI....AAA games nowdays take atleast 4 years..they should be atleast middle of development now even if these 3 team didnt end up develop ff16 game. Osaka team obviously will handle next Kingdom Heart installment, and Division 2 under Nomura is handling VII Remake...only left is Yoshida division and Luminous production.

There no official statement, it just speculation by fans based on situation and fact released. Before Tabata said before left square, his team didnt develop Final Fantasy game, but who know it would change or rebrand later? knowing SE already done that..and there higher chances Yoshida division cooking up something this past 4 years after Heavensward release as the key staff which is also former XII and The Last Remnant developers taking off from XIV team for unknown project. The preproduction might take longer time than expected so i doubt it already in full development since 4 years ago or it already finished now. Currently they are hiring and atleast we know they are currently developing AAA game.

Last edited:

abcdrstuv

Banned
There’s a logic to making Midgar the first “book” - not only because it’s so clearly self-contained, but because a smaller portion of the game would let them combine episode development with basic “infrastructure”, the engine, character design, combat.. since that’ll be out of the way, the rest of the project could go more smoothly..

No idea how they’ll divide up the rest, though.. it helps that the “open world” map was very gated.. but for being an admirer of the original game I’ve never made it past Rocket Town..

EDMIX

Well likely, consider its on an existing engine and its not as if they would be redoing any of the gameplay.

Game being episodic is stupid, let alone releasing an episode every year..

Personally, I think they are making it episodic to see how long they can ride off the hype train of the popular, much requested sequel. Don’t get me wrong, I’m definitely buying it, but I really wish it was completed in one release so they can move on to FF16 or whatever’s next.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
1/3rd of the game is already done plus the hard work of setting up the engine and getting all the main character assets. There is a lot of ground work already done

blackjon24

I still don't get why square would put themselves in this situation, the devs really want to spend 10+ years working on just remaking ff7?

Collin

Banned
1/3rd of the game is already done plus the hard work of setting up the engine and getting all the main character assets. There is a lot of ground work already done

This is a really important fact to consider. So much of what makes game development time consuming is getting the engine and assests right. For part 2 they will have both an engine template + a narrative template locked in that they have to fill in. Just look at how quickly RE3 Remake came together after RE2 Remake, it was just a little over a year between them. I don’t want to be overly optimistic, but I think expecting a 1 year gap between games is a definite possibility.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
All the speculation depends on big assumptions on how the rest of the episodes will play out. Taking a deep dive on Midgar doesn’t necessarily mean every other location will get anywhere close to that amount of detail, and for all we know the game will stay on rails as you explore the world. If that’s the case, they could turn them around pretty quickly.

Ok. I'm 33 now when ep1 is being released. I'll be 40 when the last episode will be released :)

It's sad for the people that won't be able to experience it because of death. You might die because of a car accident, coronavirus, shooting etc. and miss out on the whole ff7 experience

Quezacolt

Just look at how quickly RE3 Remake came together after RE2 Remake, it was just a little over a year between them. I don’t want to be overly optimistic, but I think expecting a 1 year gap between games is a definite possibility.
That's a bad comparison. RE3 Remake was made by another studio and was being worked on more or less at the same time as 2. A better comparison would be FFXIII trilogy. After they learned how to work with that, they were able to make FFXIII-2 and Lightining returns in less than 2 years each.

Top Bottom