• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Spoilers Thread!

DilWSTS

Currently streaming the game now if anyone wants to watch a no chat gameplay run. Credits just starting

Paracelsus

Nothing that I've seen of the plot changes sounds good to me, and I'm mincing words. Mainly everything concerning

Sephiroth

This is why you don't let fanboys (even if they direct the game) and especially fujoshi dictate your writing. On top of the fact what they changed is incredibly stupid and makes no sense.

Last edited:

It's going to be the classic 20-25 (30 if you grind), nothing too bad.
The key is how good quests are.

I don't mind that time at all. Considering how short the Midgar section was in the Original. Hoping its quality content.

Fuz

Banned
Nothing that I've seen of the plot changes sounds good to me, and I'm mincing words. Mainly everything concerning

Sephiroth

This is why you don't let fanboys (even if they direct the game) and especially fujoshi dictate your writing. On top of the fact what they changed is incredibly stupid and makes no sense.
tenor.gif

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Hard mode unlocks after you beat the game.

Wish it was available at the start, but at least its worth 2 playthroughs.

Xeaker

Why would they decide to put hard mode behind finishing the game first? What is that nonsense? I want it hard first time I play...

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
oh fuck off with this shit...
is the standard mode another piss easy stuff like kh3 or ff15?

Most likely, but Normal is the hardest mode of the default difficulties.

The "Classic" mode is apparently more like a Very Easy mode, so avoid that if you play.

Why would they decide to put hard mode behind finishing the game first? What is that nonsense? I want it hard first time I play...

Yep, its shitty. Persona 5, even the vanilla version, had Hard mode unlocked already which was great. Thought it was well balanced.

DonJorginho

Banned
I've heard from most of the people with early copies I've spoken to that the game is generally around 25-35 hours depending on difficulty and the amount of side content you do.

Could it be longer? Of course, but tbh from the things I'm hearing, this game sounds amazing and l am sure I will adore it, no matter the length.

And my copy is on it's way so I'm double hyped!

caffeware

Banned
I've heard from most of the people with early copies I've spoken to that the game is generally around 25-35 hours depending on difficulty and the amount of side content you do.

Could it be longer? Of course, but tbh from the things I'm hearing, this game sounds amazing and l am sure I will adore it, no matter the length.

And my copy is on it's way so I'm double hyped!
Long open world games are a sin to humanity.

JSoup

Banned
I used to have my stream on the neogaf streams page but it disappeared. My twitch is Weshunthesun

I've noticed that the GAF tracker seems to drop you if you haven't streamed in over 30 days. You can reconnect, though. Disconnect from your approved sites/apps list on Twitch, reconnect from the GAF stream page.

Paracelsus

Spoilers to a 23 yrs old game? So Sephiroth's gonna win this time?

The new plot is a complete mindf*. Want an early taste?

Massive spoilers, if you open them it's on you.

Apparently, from the introduction it's all part of Sephiroth's plan. Unlike the canon FF7, which was all a series of unfortunate accidents, Sephiroth already knows what's going on in Midgar, he knows he can use Cloud to destroy the Earth and he trolls him about it, and he knows he's gonna kill Aerith, in fact her death is literally teased during Cloud's mako seizure episodes. Cloud sort of foresees her leaving to her death, and Sephiroth teases him while sort of stopping time next to her like he's Dio about the fact he will kill her and Cloud cannot protect her. Plus, the caped entities seem to be there to make sure nobody can change the course of FF7 history. It could be a time loop and Sephiroth is trying to win this time, nobody really knows

I don't recommend you to read them, but the foundations of the plot have been changed drastically. Hardly a remake, more like a sequel.

JSoup

Banned

Apparently, from the introduction it's all part of Sephiroth's plan. Unlike the canon FF7, which was all a series of unfortunate accidents, Sephiroth already knows what's going on in Midgar, he knows he can use Cloud to destroy the Earth and he trolls him about it, and he knows he's gonna kill Aerith, in fact her death is literally teased during Cloud's mako seizure episodes. Cloud sort of foresees her leaving to her death, and Sephiroth teases him while sort of stopping time next to her like he's Dio about the fact he will kill her and Cloud cannot protect her. Plus, the caped entities seem to be there to make sure nobody can change the course of FF7 history. It could be a time loop and Sephiroth is trying to win this time, nobody really knows

I don't recommend you to read them, but the foundations of the plot have been changed drastically. Hardly a remake, more like a sequel.

That really sounds like something that was supposed to be in the original, but couldn't be either due to time or technical limitations. It's actually surprisingly common for Final Fantasy games. Over half of the main series has story altering stuff like that left out of the original for reasons.

stickkidsam

Okay so I did not read any of these but... without spoiling can you say whether or not your opinion of the new direction has improved? Most importantly... has this new direction at least not hurt Sephiroth?

Enjay

Banned

That sounds amazingly intriguing, which is why I think it isn't the case and you're giving squenx way too much credit.

Edit: If they can alter the next few episodes to rip this idea off they should lol.

Last edited:

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
How are the people finding the game overall compared to FFXIII and FFXV?

HTonon

Neo Member

I don't recommend you to read them, but the foundations of the plot have been changed drastically. Hardly a remake, more like a sequel

I'm surprisingly ok with that change.... like someone said earlier, it actually feels that it should've been that way back in the original too I guess.

Paracelsus

Okay so I did not read any of these but... without spoiling can you say whether or not your opinion of the new direction has improved? Most importantly... has this new direction at least not hurt Sephiroth?

It's all subjective, I always found Sephiroth to be overrated and now he's in your face (sometimes literally), no subtlety.
As for the direction, if you just wanted a story remake you're out of luck (the general bits are all in order, honey bee etc.), some has been added but yeah, the main storyline could be drastically different.

Or they're baiting us, since we expect some things to happen at x time, they could make you think they won't happen, give you false hope, and then make you cry because they still happen or happen later.

Last edited:

stickkidsam

It's all subjective, I always found Sephiroth to be overrated and now he's in your face (sometimes literally), no subtlety.
As for the direction, if you just wanted a story remake you're out of luck (the general bits are all in order, honey bee etc.), some has been added but yeah, the main storyline could be drastically different.

Or they're baiting us, since we expect some things to happen at x time, they could make you think they won't happen, give you false hope, and then make you cry because they still happen or happen later.
Thanks mang. I liked Sephiroth in the original because he was ominous and had an air of mystery which well... I was worried they'd kinda kill in this game. Fuck. Well whatever. At least they seem to have nailed everyone else. Especially Cloud

Collin

Banned

[/SPOILER]
I think this could be really interesting if i’m understanding it correctly. To go a bit meta with the narrative would be a wise way to make it interesting for fans of the original. And I’ve been thinking pretty deeply about what they should do with Aerith’s death, like obviously you could play it straight as a love letter to the OG, but 95% of players know that she dies so I think to make that scene still have power she either has to die in a different way (perhaps later in the narrative) or, to really throw people off, have Tifa die instead and change the narrative to make that work somehow. It would be one of the only ways to still make the narrative have a big plot twist while still keeping an emotional low-point in the story.

mortal

Gold Member

Laaaaame. This sounds so contrived.

Spokker

I would not have said this a month ago, but now I would not be surprised if someone else dies instead of Aerith.

Considering how much they seem to be changing, I would not be surprised if Tifa gets the sword. They'll find some convoluted way to explain it.

Last edited:

chitzy

Banned
If you're interested in watching a french language, English subtitled stream of the game PM me for a link. It's about to get to Don Corneo's.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I would not have said this a month ago, but now I would not be surprised if someone else dies instead of Aerith.

Considering how much they seem to be changing, I would not be surprised if Tifa gets the sword. They'll find some convoluted way to explain it.
Yes, let's kill the smartest character in the game and the one who has to deal with all of Cloud's shit. 💀

I didn't read any of this thread and I won't (not yet) I did get an email update from the courier delivering my First Class Edition and its expected to arrive tomorrow!!! Beyond happy this is finding its way early, despite all the chaos in the world right now, I'm in Canada so maybe thats helpful too although we have our share of problems, people are taking the self isolation thing more seriously, fines are being handed out to people that don't respect the closures. I'm ready to stay inside once this thing comes! pics to follow.

Top Bottom