• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visceir

mXuQI3I.png

vpwjJTX.png

Developer: A-Lim
Publisher: Square Enix
Distributor(s): (JP) Square Enix / (WW) Gumi Asia
Price: Free (with IAP)
Platforms: iOS & Android

***Officially out now***

An original free-to-play mobile RPG in the vein of classic Final Fantasy adventures, featuring sprite based graphics, turn based combat and familiar characters from other popular Final Fantasy titles.

bdnRwru.png

Harnessing the power of the crystals, mankind prospered, nations flourished.
But just as day gives way to night, that era of peace proved but a fleeting illusion.
Now, as their world stands on the precipice of ruin, two young knights summon visions
to their side as they strike out on a journey to chase the shadows.​

bXdXjuJ.png

Every registration contributes 30 Crystal Points to the pool. Reaching certain milestones opens up in-game rewards.

• 1,000,000 Points – Magitek Armor Terra – Terra from Final Fantasy VI will devastate your foes!
  • 1,500,000 Points – 3 Elixirs and 5,000 Friend Points – Keep your heroes going battle after battle!
  • 2,500,000 Points – 500 Lapis – Summon mighty allies with these magical crystals!
  • 3,500,000 Points – 5 Phoenix Downs and 10,000 Gil – Raise your heroes when they fall!
  • 5,500,000 Points – 10 Rare Summon Tickets – Summon legendary heroes to fight at your side!

18uX6yI.png

Unit Tier List
by Nazta from r/FFBraveExvius/
"Best": Vaan | Exdeath | Bartz | Cecil |
Noteworthy: Firion | Garland | Terra | Roselia | Cloud of Darkness
Useful: Cyan | Miyuki | Edgar | Shantotto | Krile | Vivi
Good Trust rewards: Zidane | Bartz | Luna | Cecil | Miyuki [...]

Rerolling
Currently the easiest known rerolling method involves using a dummy facebook account.
1. Progress through the game until you have 500 lapis and do the character pull
2. Login to your dummy facebook account and sync the game with it
3. log out of that facebook account and start the game again from the start
4. Once you get your desired character link it to your real facebook account and enjoy the game.
*game accounts are permanently tied to your facebook account, you should use a dummy facebook account for rerolling purposes.

Trust
Trust is a stat that indicates the level of confidence between you and a unit. To raise a unit's trust percentage, clear quests using the unit or fuse it with an identical unit. Maxing out trust grants you a reward. Trust rewards can be rare weapons, spells and skills in the form of materias. Every unit has an unique trust reward.

Vortex Of Desires
Once a day, you can unlock certain dungeons that are useful for farming awakening materials, crafting materials and leveling units. You can unlock one of the dungeons once per day and use it as many times as you want. If you want to unlock another dungeon, you will have to either wait until the next day or spend some lapis.
Chamber Of Creation - crafting materials
Chamber Of Awakening - materials for awakening units
Chamber Of Experience - for unit exp
Chamber Of Riches - Gil drops

Espers
You can obtain espers by defeating the ones that appear in the main story or through various events.
Adding espers to your party has several merits, such as stat bonuses(1%) and making magic, ability, and summon magic possible.
Once you've filled up the summon gauge espers can be summoned in battle, launching devastating attacks or granting buffs to your whole party.
Bd0NmyI.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/ - best english source for information regarding units, espers, spells, skills, trust rewards etc.
https://lapis-news.gumi.sg/en/help.php - Official guide for game mechanics
https://www.finalfantasyexvius.com - official website
https://twitter.com/FFBE_EN - official twitter account
Japanese wikis
http://wiki.famitsu.com/ffbraveexvius
http://altema.jp/ffbe/

Google docs friends ID list, quote to reveal:

Pejo

Pre-registration done. Man I usually never do any of that share/like stuff but i'm really tempted because i'd love that 5,500,000 point reward.

Jeffrey

Rerolling
Currently the easiest known rerolling method involves using a dummy facebook account.
1. Progress through the game until you have 500 lapis and do the character pull
2. Login to your facebook account and sync the game with it
3. log out of your facebook account and start the game again from the start

you should update this to say to use a DUMMY FB ACCOUNT until the one you decide on.

It's a gumi.sg game so accounts are permanently tied to FB account and no real way to unlink them.

MrDaravon

How does this compare to Final Fantasy Record Keeper? That one is the only mobile game I play, and that's partially out of nostalgia and collecting characters etc. I tried out Granblue briefly and that seemed like maybe a better game than FFRK, but way more work and gacha stuff involved than I was really down for.

Pejo

How does this compare to Final Fantasy Record Keeper? That one is the only mobile game I play, and that's partially out of nostalgia and collecting characters etc. I tried out Granblue briefly and that seemed like maybe a better game than FFRK, but way more work and gacha stuff involved than I was really down for.

There are actual dungeons and towns to explore and find secrets in, the battle is more involving than FFRK. Spritework is more detailed, still has a ton of nostalgia characters. Characters are upgradeable, so it's more fair in that regard from the gacha. I've been having a blast with it so far.

aett

So it appears that the wifi here at my office allows me to download apps but not to update them within the game itself. D'oh!

Visceir

I'll probably do additions to the OP, but I think it's important to note that the game mechanics adhere quite well to Final Fantasy's games. You can't reflect ultima, you can heal damage undeads and you can one-hit kill undeads with respawn.

We'll also be getting iconic skills like runic in the game.

Skulldead

I'm having a blast since 2 days, much more challenging then the start of FFRK so far, if you don't abuse of the vortex( you probably be need about 3-4 hour into the game some bosses get truly challenging).

So still no release date ? i thought it was today..

Visceir

What's the best way to level in vortex ?
Should I go and struggle with ADV (15), or go INT(10) with less characters ?

10 energy vortex is ~15k exp
15 energy vortex is ~30k exp

The 15 energy has the best en/exp ratio but is much tougher than the previous ones.

Kettch

It was mentioned in the last topic, but is there even much reason to save lapis for rate ups? It just takes a little work to upgrade your characters from 3* anyway, so getting them at 4 or 5* doesn't seem all that necessary like in other games.

Celegus

Looks interesting, but I'll wait for the official release. Is the file size very large? I have next to no room on my phone with Hearthstone installed.

Visceir

Please tell me I am misunderstanding this, we have to make a new facebook account for each individual reroll...?

You only need one dummy acc. You use that one dummy acc to log in over and over again which then overwrites the game data so you can start new again once you've logged out of that dummy fb acc.

Edit: here is a video guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy4fMkwDY3w

Looks interesting, but I'll wait for the official release. Is the file size very large? I have next to no room on my phone with Hearthstone installed.

Currently for me the global version is 442 MB while the japanese version is 724 MB

Jeffrey

It was mentioned in the last topic, but is there even much reason to save lapis for rate ups? It just takes a little work to upgrade your characters from 3* anyway, so getting them at 4 or 5* doesn't seem all that necessary like in other games.

I mean you are rolling for top tier units? Some units hav ebetter skill sets than others, not all units have 5* 6*.

Shouta

Some units can't be upgraded to 5 star yet, even in the JP version, so getting a unit you either like or can be moved to 5 star is a good idea because they'll be the backbone of your team.

Newer units will have better skill layouts until the older units are given new forms to compete.

Kettch

I mean you are rolling for top tier units? Some units hav ebetter skill sets than others, not all units have 5* 6*.

Well, yeah, but of the...35 rare characters in the game right now I believe, 20 of them go 5* or better. I've done 10 pulls so far without any rerolling, and I've gotten all 3*s, but the distribution of their max is 1 6*, 5 5* and 4 4* so the ratio doesn't look to be weighted much if at all.

If they have a rate up so that the chance of getting an actual 5* character goes from like 1% to 2% or even 5%, that won't really change your odds of getting a 5* max character significantly at all. When it's already around 57%, adding a couple more percent to that is pretty pointless.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
This is my first time downloading a soft launch title from another app store on iOS.

Will there be any problems transferring info when this launches in global?
Do I have to redownload the app once it launches in the USA?

Visceir

Here is the official guide for the game that has more in-depth information on game mechanics:
https://lapis-news.gumi.sg/en/help.php

Added it to the OT as well.

This is my first time downloading a soft launch title from another app store on iOS.

Will there be any problems transferring info when this launches in global?
Do I have to redownload the app once it launches in the USA?

Once you've linked the account to a facebook account you should be able to retrieve and use it whenever, even go from iOS to android. Pretty sure they all use the same servers and all the information is server side.

Rootbeer

Banned
From the previous thread, thanks to datamage:

Choose Sweden for your iTunes store, create a fake account, then download the app. Once it's in iTunes, sync it to your phone.

Anyone tried it? Supposedly this is a way to get it onto your iPhone if you want to play like Android users are now.

if anyone tries it, please confirm that it's in English?

I got tired of record keeper grinding though incredibly easy battles on auto battle. Is this the same kind of thing?

That game had basically two modes, auto battle and "fuck you pay me" battles you had to spend weeks leveling for.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
From the previous thread, thanks to datamage:

Anyone tried it? Supposedly this is a way to get it onto your iPhone if you want to play like Android users are now.

if anyone tries it, please confirm that it's in English?

I'm playing right now using that method.
Used a temp gmail and Swedish iTunes account to download then switched back to my US account when it was finished.

Seems to be working fine and things are in English.

Jeffrey

Well, yeah, but of the...35 rare characters in the game right now I believe, 20 of them go 5* or better. I've done 10 pulls so far without any rerolling, and I've gotten all 3*s, but the distribution of their max is 1 6*, 5 5* and 4 4* so the ratio doesn't look to be weighted much if at all.

If they have a rate up so that the chance of getting an actual 5* character goes from like 1% to 2% or even 5%, that won't really change your odds of getting a 5* max character significantly at all. When it's already around 57%, adding a couple more percent to that is pretty pointless.

well its not like all units are the same. The 'top tier' units typically have some unique abilities that help a lot or something, ala 'full break'.

It's not just about rarity.

Skulldead

I got tired of record keeper grinding though incredibly easy battles on auto battle. Is this the same kind of thing?

That game had basically two modes, auto battle and "fuck you pay me" battles you had to spend weeks leveling for.

If you don't abuse of vortex or get a AOE healer from start, the game is way harder...

Rootbeer

Banned
Thanks for the tips.

Okay, created dummy swedish itunes account, got the app, logged out, logged back to my real account, synced... works!

Kettch

well its not like all units are the same. The 'top tier' units typically have some unique abilities that help a lot or something, ala 'full break'.

It's not just about rarity.

So there are rate ups for top tier characters in particular rather than just based on rarity? That could make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom