• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

Just lost my 60+ streak in the colosseum because the enemy got first strike every turn and Lightning kept using Blitz every turn. Fuck

Shouta

New Robot in JP is total BS until someone figures out the gimmick. The suggested team to beat it is 3 Rikkus, a Setzer, Tilith, and an Eileen.

This isn't hard as much as it's really stupid.

CCIE

Banned
Elza is the worst in the Arena. Bitch can either steal all your MP, or annihilate you in one round depending on what the AI decides to do. Lightning sucks when she blitzes. I swear, I'm getting to the point that I'm going to start using Osmose on my first turn every damned time.

Anyone know how to turn off switch controls immediately? Or does it have to go through all the actions you queued first?

Kouriozan

New Robot in JP is total BS until someone figures out the gimmick. The suggested team to beat it is 3 Rikkus, a Setzer, Tilith, and an Eileen.

Lol, I guess Global will have to go all out on that FF X banner x)

Celegus

Still never lost in battle in arena, but had my 5th crash and lost yet another 60 streak. That elusive 100... lightning and elza are scrubs compared to the crash monster.

so you're telling me i shouldn't even bother with it when it comes it GL, kay

is the robot permanent or something like Maxwell?

unrealist

Used to post on Reddit (and with my ID in their flair, I added a few). I skipped one event plus a little and grinded my 6 Cecils for Excalibur .. now I am even afraid to put up Lightning as my leader.

I actually had 2 Reddit guys PMing me that they reported me for hacking .. I mean cmon ..

Syntsui

Used to post on Reddit (and with my ID in their flair, I added a few). I skipped one event plus a little and grinded my 6 Cecils for Excalibur .. now I am even afraid to put up Lightning as my leader.

I actually had 2 Reddit guys PMing me that they reported me for hacking .. I mean cmon ..
Nothing will happen if your account is clean. They wouldn't bother to announce that they are looking into it if they would just ban anyone suspect. They will take this seriously.

assholes

getting two excaliburs was totally doable when cecil was on banner

people pulled a shit ton of them

Iceman829

Decided to go back and finish Maxwell off before. Killed her in 3 turns to claim the no death prize and I'm all done. Thanks again Valentus.

I bought that 70k karma MAG item and now I just need another 10k karma to finish buying 6* mats. I think I'll finally be done by tomorrow and then I shouldn't have to worry about awakening materials for a long while unless I start pulling new 6* characters I don't own

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
.. don't mind me just leveling my ingus on the beach ... level 42/80 and counting ... but i gotta hit that 80 for fullbreak ... can't finish these explos fast enough ... kinda panicking ... just not sure i have time ...

Whales

Banned
dont worry you guys, I will be the one to complain once I dont get gilgamesh from my daily pull friday

and get anzelm 6x from an 11 pull

Syrus

Banned
Elza is the worst in the Arena. Bitch can either steal all your MP, or annihilate you in one round depending on what the AI decides to do. Lightning sucks when she blitzes. I swear, I'm getting to the point that I'm going to start using Osmose on my first turn every damned time.

Anyone know how to turn off switch controls immediately? Or does it have to go through all the actions you queued first?

Osmose always. I osmose with kefka and ex death every first and second turn while buffing. Then i wreck face

Kouriozan

Hmm, I'll totally skip the next banner, Orlandu deserve all my soul lapis and tickets, sure Greg's TM is godly but I already have DKCecil/Lightning and Bartz/2 Exdeath, and with Refia(dual cast soon!)/Tilith, I'm pretty much set for the next 2/3 months.
Plus, Gumi will probably give us the same new year bundles as last year's JP version (10,000 lapis for an ATK+30% materia and 3 rainbow crystals)

EDIT : talking about this

vSUtsLk.png

VwjWGNA.png

.. don't mind me just leveling my ingus on the beach ... level 42/80 and counting ... but i gotta hit that 80 for fullbreak ... can't finish these explos fast enough ... kinda panicking ... just not sure i have time ...

You're fine, I'm 46/60 with 0 sacred crystals and I'm not even worried. For you, if you check exp chart you've got 900k exp to go, which is 15 runs. At 12 energy and 5 minutes/ energy that's 900 minutes or 15 hours worth of energy. No sweat

Veggy

So while researching where to pick up Dual Cast I found out that you get it from Ludmille's TM

........I'm pretty sure I sold 1-2 Ludmilles in the past

Fuck

Also Nox doesn't seem to work on my PC, always times out at 99%

TM's are gonna be a bitch

c-murph

Hmm, I'll totally skip the next banner, Orlandu deserve all my soul lapis and tickets, sure Greg's TM is godly but I already have DKCecil/Lightning and Bartz/2 Exdeath, and with Refia(dual cast soon!)/Tilith, I'm pretty much set for the next 2/3 months.
Plus, Gumi will probably give us the same new year bundles as last year's JP version (10,000 lapis for an ATK+30% materia and 3 rainbow crystals)

vSUtsLk.png

VwjWGNA.png

Could you buy the 30% ATK more than once?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

vSUtsLk.png

VwjWGNA.png

I'm expecting it, but I just can't say it is worth it in the present state. If that comes out at the given time, they'll be stopping right before the next big jump in units. I.E., it will be stopping most likely right before or right on Majin Fina's banner. So basically following that, Jan will have Orlandu, Feb with Eileen, and March is Tidus.

chrono01

vSUtsLk.png

VwjWGNA.png

I might actually go for the 10k set, but only if the three rainbow crystals were guaranteed 5* base. If not, no thanks. I'm not interested in any more Galuf, Krile, etc.

Kouriozan

By the end of the year, there should be enough base 5* for the new summoning rule, and Gumi is giving Global QoL and UI update way sooner than the Japanese version, so let's hope!

Whales

Banned
Even then, 10k for 3 rainbow crystals is really good... and you get ATK+30% on top of it

In a regular banner you'd spend 20k+ lapis and not see a rainbow

also, for some reasosn MEMU started working again fo rme.. I didnt do anything. it has been going for all day now, meanwhile yesterday it crashed at night after like 3-4 runs... really weird

Syntsui

Of course it's worth it, we are setting expectations in an update that might as well not even come to Global (rate up). As far as everything we have so far, this New year's bundle Kouriozan showed will be the best possible investment in this game so far.

If they change the rate, well, it will just be even better.

bonkeng

vSUtsLk.png

VwjWGNA.png

Hello Raksasha.

Hi Duane.

How are you Gilbert.

But in all honesty, 10k Lapis for that 30% atk alone is worth it.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
By the end of the year, there should be enough base 5* for the new summoning rule, and Gumi is giving Global QoL and UI update way sooner than the Japanese version, so let's hope!

We only currently have 5, 5* Base units with the sixth coming Friday. The rest are time limited. If we assume FF13 is coming out after V. We're probably looking at 8 by then. I doubt it's coming.

Lyrian

Power creep has crept.

I'd need to see something better to pull the trigger on a 10k lapis spend.

3 5* bases, assuming normal distribution amongst all 5* eligible units would equate to a crap chance of pulling a 5* base unit. Thanks, but no thanks.

Golden set of armor was already distributed as quest/event rewards and is incredibly lackluster without any passives or resistances. Pass.

So.... 10k lapis for a 30% ATK materia? That is indeed potent and useful, for sure. But spending $70 for that alone (50 + 20; or 100 option from lapis shop)? It's not **that** valuable.

I'd expect the deal to be considerably sweetened if it shows up.

Lyrian

Even then, 10k for 3 rainbow crystals is really good... and you get ATK+30% on top of it

Now, if the 3 rainbow crystals were considered to be equivalent to rainbow pulls (50% chance of the banner rainbow) on whatever current banner is running at the time, I might be open to listening depending on what units are actually on the banner at the time. Maybe.

bonkeng

Power creep has crept.

I'd need to see something better to pull the trigger on a 10k lapis spend.

3 5* bases, assuming normal distribution amongst all 5* eligible units would equate to a crap chance of pulling a 5* base unit. Thanks, but no thanks.

Golden set of armor was already distributed as quest/event rewards and is incredibly lackluster without any passives or resistances. Pass.

So.... 10k lapis for a 30% ATK materia? That is indeed potent and useful, for sure. But spending $70 for that alone (50 + 20; or 100 option from lapis shop)? It's not **that** valuable.

I'd expect the deal to be considerably sweetened if it shows up.

I'd save up for that 10k Lapis, than pulling daily or doing 2x10+1.

I've realized that having great TMs are better than having those 5* bases without good equipments.

I'd rather have a Lightning or Luneth with 700+ atk, than 3 5* bases with 400-500atk each.

Muku

So would Tillith be the witch in this case? I'd feel kind of bad about staking a goddess, but that might be what it takes for the summon to work.

She is a witch. She took Chilly from us. And someone here pulled her during the Dark destroyers banner. Point gotten game. We shall sacrifice her for GAF!

Edit: Only if like everyone else says that we aren't going to get threee absolute shit units. If we were given that I'd go gain lapis just for that. The ark material is nice but not for 10k also me. Tired of trolololol crystals

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

I've realized that having great TMs are better than having those 5* bases without good equipments.

I'd rather have a Lightning or Luneth with 700+ atk, than 3 5* bases with 400-500atk each.

TMs will only be improving too. While it's not 30%, the second FF0 banner has a 3* unit with a 20% ATK/DEF. The following BE will have a 4* Base with 30% ATK and 10% Dodge.

This is all right before the next big power creep wave too. Orlandu will arrive mid Jan at the earliest. Depending on possible cross over and events, later. But largely he'll be followed by Eileen within the following Month and Tidus in less than a month after,

Whales

Banned
yall excpeting kirle x2 and galuf

here I am pondering what happens when you get lightning, luneth and ramza on these 3 rainbows.... hmmm

chrono01

Has anyone ever collected data on pull rates of rainbow, gold, and regular crystals? I've done probably 50 pulls and never got a rainbow
I've pulled around five rainbow units since I started the game (at official launch), not a single base 5*. That's why I'm not interested in the 10k bundle unless it's a guaranteed 5* base, I've been trolled one too many times, especially since 10k Lapis is around $100 CDN, and that's if Gumi doesn't try to charge a premium for the included 3* rainbow crystals + equipment + materia (I'm guessing they would).

But yeah, the chance of a rainbow crystal is low. Not sure of the actual percentage, since Global doesn't state their rates.

Whales

Banned
I've pulled around five rainbow units since I started the game (at official launch), not a single base 5*. That's why I'm not interested in the 10k bundle unless it's a guaranteed 5* base, I've been trolled one too many times,

and here I was feeling bad about getting a 5* tillith :/

chrono01

and here I was feeling bad about getting a 5* tillith :/
Yeah, it's kind of depressing.

Thankfully, a majority of the rainbow did give me useful characters (Warrior of Light, Garland, Garnet being the three that come to mind), but it's still disappointing. I want my 5* base character, damn it! I'm willing to pay for it, but only if it's guaranteed. I'm not about to rely on-chance, not for $100+ of my dollars.

Lyrian

That's the hook, for sure. I've been trying to keep 10k lapis on the side in case this ever shows up.

That said, 10k lapis is a lot of other TMs being sacrificed for a single ATK +30%.

Given 100 EN, that's (100 EN * 100 refills) = 10k EN, or 5 5* base TMs.

Would an instant ATK +30 be worth sacrificing (Brave Suit + Celestial Gloves + Deathbringer + Power of Creation + a Dual Wield/ Dualcast)?

Has anyone ever collected data on pull rates of rainbow, gold, and regular crystals? I've done probably 50 pulls and never got a rainbow

You've got a 1 - (0.99^50), or 39.5% chance of pulling a rainbow in 50 pulls.
You've got a 1 - (0.99^100), or 63.7% chance of pulling a rainbow in 100 pulls.
You've got a 1 - (0.99^200), or 86.7% chance of pulling a rainbow in 200 pulls.

50% of those rainbows will be non 5* bases until the gacha change happens.

Don't chase the rainbow, and be grateful when RNGesus decides to bless you with a non-troll rainbow.

Reddit does a poll for each banner for people to submit their results but it's based on the honor system. Rates for rarer units are usually a little higher since excited people are more likely to post their results.

Rainbows are supposed to have a 1% chance of occurring so it's pretty normal to not get one in 50 pulls. Even with 200 pulls there's a 13.4% chance you never see a rainbow, for example.

bonkeng

TMs will only be improving too. While it's not 30%, the second FF0 banner has a 3* unit with a 20% ATK/DEF. The following BE will have a 4* Base with 30% ATK and 10% Dodge.

This is all right before the next big power creep wave too. Orlandu will arrive mid Jan at the earliest. Depending on possible cross over and events, later. But largely he'll be followed by Eileen within the following Month and Tidus in less than a month after,

Exactly my point. You need to pull those unit first for their TM, then farm them. We won't know how much Lapis and time we need to get them. And 20% won't be cutting it soon.

Whereas 30% atk is guaranteed with that 10k. A 5* base or 2 is just bonus for that.

c-murph

Dual Wield

99.7%

o_O

Oh, so close. Mine are currently 10 days in and setting at 27.9% 28.7%, 31.3%.

Averaging about 2.93% a day... Should have them in approximately 23 more days. So, Dec.15th-ish? I think that's two day less than my prediction of Dec.17.

also, for some reasosn MEMU started working again fo rme.. I didnt do anything. it has been going for all day now, meanwhile yesterday it crashed at night after like 3-4 runs... really weird

I'll jump if it's for 5* base Units. Fuck all the Lennas I get. Maybe that way I'll get the Delita and Ramza I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom