• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broseybrose

Those of you that have finished the story (what we have now)...

After completing Lake Dorr there's a big NEXT marker over Aquapolis Olderion.

Is there anything we can do there to advance the story or not yet?

tuffymon

Truly wonder if we'll actually see this bundle come our way. I'll solidify my decision on this bundle if I have the 10k if it comes out. My luck with a lot of TM's have been very poor, so paying for a guaranteed 30% atk and it being ready to roll sounds pretty good.

Wait until this Friday for the next part of the story.

bonkeng

Truly wonder if we'll actually see this bundle come our way. I'll solidify my decision on this bundle if I have the 10k if it comes out. My luck with a lot of TM's have been very poor, so paying for a guaranteed 30% atk and it being ready to roll sounds pretty good.

Yeah I'm hoping for it too.

It's a win no matter what.

We always yearn for that 5*. 3 chances for 10k, and if you didn't get any, you still get the 30% atk materia.

Lyrian

Slowpoke :)

I'll have it all done when the new content actually releases on Thursday.

**NOT** looking forward to all the meteor dualcasting Exdeaths in the arena though.

tuffymon

Slowpoke :)

I'll have it all done when the new content actually releases on Thursday.

**NOT** looking forward to all the meteor dualcasting Exdeaths in the arena though.

WHAAAAAAT, you mean Friday~ 2 Am (or whenever reset is for you) even if you stay up isn't Thursday anymore ;P. I'm gonna wreck havoc with my Ultima dualcasting Exdeath... watch offensive magic is banned >.>;

I agree Bonkeng, if the goddess smiles on me, one will be a base 5 star... of course, *sigh* you know that there will be someone who pulls 3x base 5 stars... I know it won't be me though.

Whizkid7

Yeah...That potential banner sounds nice and all except seeing THIS...

Ooooooohhhhhh this could be goo-

Are. You. Freaking. KIDDING ME?!?!?!

AGQHJDGGSJAJXGGSBAKXHWBXN

...happen even once is enough to deter me WAY off of ever taking that chance. You people with your halfway decent 5* pulls that weren't 5* base should count your blessings!

Lyrian

WHAAAAAAT, you mean Friday~ 2 Am (or whenever reset is for you) even if you stay up isn't Thursday anymore ;P. I'm gonna wreck havoc with my Ultima dualcasting Exdeath... watch offensive magic is banned >.>;

I'd post a pic, but imgur seems to be down?

Check your news feed. Maintenance is tomorrow (Wednesday night), not Thursday night.

Reddit does a poll for each banner for people to submit their results but it's based on the honor system. Rates for rarer units are usually a little higher since excited people are more likely to post their results.

Rainbows are supposed to have a 1% chance of occurring so it's pretty normal to not get one in 50 pulls. Even with 200 pulls there's a 13.4% chance you never see a rainbow, for example.

Back when I played FFRK the server actually sent drop rates for each banner to the client. I even wrote FFRK Inspector that would publish them in a nice tool for everyone to view. Does this game not do that?

it's a different developer, so it wouldn't surprise me if they do things differently. Maybe I should mess around with it and find out though. FFBE Inspector would be cool :)

Muku

For me the three Rainbow would be Galuf, Galuf, and
Galuf

Fuck Galuf.

Edit: Finally got those stupid Sacred Crystals. With the Cactaur I saved up with at end of Dunes, she's now 46 5*. Having a second CoD at top is going to be nice.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. I've never pulled a rainbow unit!

You're fine, I'm 46/60 with 0 sacred crystals and I'm not even worried. For you, if you check exp chart you've got 900k exp to go, which is 15 runs. At 12 energy and 5 minutes/ energy that's 900 minutes or 15 hours worth of energy. No sweat

2. thank you, this actually helps!

Malakhov

Banned
Well, was banned for two weeks because of politics so back to gaming posts only!

Noticed that some of you got great pulls, congratulations.

I've finally finished my first batch or TMs which were Doublehand, dual wield and barrage. Dual cast is almost done then will start working on the 2nd batch. It makes things so much easier. Also, very happy to get bartz and exdeath to 6 stars this week, now all 5 party members will be 6 stars!

Bartz, Cecil, Delita, Exdeath and Refia :)

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Exactly my point. You need to pull those unit first for their TM, then farm them. We won't know how much Lapis and time we need to get them. And 20% won't be cutting it soon.

Whereas 30% atk is guaranteed with that 10k. A 5* base or 2 is just bonus for that.
10k Lapis is no way worth a single 30% ATK. You're giving up a min of 22 pulls, max of 40 pulls. That is about 30-35ATK increase over the 10% for a Base 5 unit. It's not nearly worth the opportunity cost you give up for it. When the standard TMs going forward are all going to be 15%ATK+

And the 5* Base is still a chance with largely units that will have peaked till they enhancements down the line. The following 4* Units will be below them and the following 5* units will be far above with the meta.

Unless they sweeten the pot, make cheaper, etc. I can't recommend it to people.

what's worse, getting banned for politics or getting banned for console wars?

Getting Amirox'd

Malakhov

Banned
Toying with Bartz now, with his wind barrage and wind single target attack, we'll have to deck him out a la delita, meaning 50% atk and 50% mag?

Muku

Well, was banned for two weeks because of politics so back to gaming posts only!

I've finally finished my first batch or TMs which were Doublehand, dual wield and barrage. Dual cast is almost done then will start working on the 2nd batch. It makes things so much easier. Also, very happy to get bartz and exdeath to 6 stars this week, now all 5 party members will be 6 stars!

Welcome back. :) This is why I don't touch politics with a 10' pole. Glad to hear your TMs are going well as well.

Now you mention it.. my party will be a 6* party now too! :O Normally I use Kefka, but going to use Exdeath now since he'll be pumped up. Kefka will get a chance to get back on team when he gets 6*. Wow, hadn't thought my team would be doing well in that regard.

chrono01

Welcome back. :)

tuffymon

I'd post a pic, but imgur seems to be down?

Check your news feed. Maintenance is tomorrow (Wednesday night), not Thursday night.

Correct, but usually the new stuff doesn't roll out until Friday mornings reset. We've been having events like that for weeks D:

Malakhov

Banned
Welcome back. :) This is why I don't touch politics with a 10' pole. Glad to hear your TMs are going well as well.
Thank you!

Now you mention it.. my party will be a 6* party now too! :O Normally I use Kefka, but going to use Exdeath now since he'll be pumped up. Kefka will get a chance to get back on team when he gets 6*. Wow, hadn't thought my team would be doing well in that regard.

Me neither, I'm happy since it's going pretty well and was able to beat Maxwell pretty fast with my team last week.

Also the funny thing is I havent pulled any 5* since delita a few weeks ago but this week I've gotten lucky with dailies and blue crystals, I've gotten CoD and Kefka back to back and I didnt have any of them yet, pretty nice :)

bonkeng

10k Lapis is no way worth a single 30% ATK. You're giving up a min of 22 pulls, max of 40 pulls. That is about 30-35ATK increase over the 10% for a Base 5 unit. It's not nearly worth the opportunity cost you give up for it. When the standard TMs going forward are all going to be 15%ATK+

And what are the chances of pulling a Rainbow on that 40 daily pulls? How about the 2x10+1?

Your 40 pulls will most likely get you good but not great units. That 2x10+1 will get you a 4* base, maybe. And if you drew the short end of the stick, you have nothing to show for it. That bundle will get you a limited materia with the chance of 3 guaranteed Rainbow, no matter your luck.

I'm not going to debate with you whether it's worth it or not, but to me, 3 Rainbows+30% atk materia is better than 40 dailies or 2x10+1.

Malakhov

Banned
I'm not going to debate with you whether it's worth it or not, but to me, 3 Rainbows+30% atk materia is better than 40 dailies or 2x10+1.
Same for me, as I've only seen one rainbow in the last 4 months. In 4 months it's a ton of dailies, a ton of tickets and even two 10+1 pulls.

Welcome back! Yea talking politics is dicey...

Still haven't pulled a single rainbow. Hopefully when that day comes it won't be a troll crystal lol.

Muku

Also the funny thing is I havent pulled any 5* since delita a few weeks ago but this week I've gotten lucky with dailies and blue crystals, I've gotten CoD and Kefka back to back and I didnt have any of them yet, pretty nice :)

Nice! Did you pull CoD during the Dark Destroyer banner, or get lucky? I pulled a bunch of Kefka when it was his banner. XD

You get CoD to 6* yet?
Looking forward to that trial mace... mmmm

Malakhov

Banned
Nice! Did you pull CoD during the Dark Destroyer banner, or get lucky? I pulled a bunch of Kefka when it was his banner. XD

You get CoD to 6* yet?
Looking forward to that trial mace... mmmm

Yes I got her in the dark destroyer banner, yesterday actually! I havent gotten her anywhere yet since I have to work on exdeath as soon as I awaken him to 6* this week. And like you said, got her just in time for the mace as well :)

Maybe I will level her before Bartz, I dont know whos better in 6* form?

Lyrian

Welcome back to the land of the living!

Like others have said, despite my feelings and opinions on political stuff on GAF, it's potential account suicide every time a position is presented that isn't the hivemind position of the PoliGAF group.

So, they can go live in their political bubble where they can do no wrong and the whole world outside of their narrow worldview is daily oppressing them. /shrug

Correct, but usually the new stuff doesn't roll out until Friday mornings reset. We've been having events like that for weeks D:

EDIT: Finally, imgur is back up.

fnvYd14.png

Thursday for new story content. Friday is the FF5 content.

Acerac

Banned
Are you saying if my espers atk goes up 100, the person using that esper goes up 1? That's pretty weak

Granted, though espers have much higher stats than units so the difference is certainly noticeable.

+50 attack just for assigning Ifrit is pretty decent, eh?

Rixa

Hmm, I'll totally skip the next banner, Orlandu deserve all my soul lapis and tickets, sure Greg's TM is godly but I already have DKCecil/Lightning and Bartz/2 Exdeath, and with Refia(dual cast soon!)/Tilith, I'm pretty much set for the next 2/3 months.
Plus, Gumi will probably give us the same new year bundles as last year's JP version (10,000 lapis for an ATK+30% materia and 3 rainbow crystals)

EDIT : talking about this

vSUtsLk.png

VwjWGNA.png

If I remember right from Reddit, it was one unit from different categories (Hero / Villain or something like that). So you use 10k + 3k and you get something like this as rainbows:

* Medius
* Cecil
* Bartz
* Garnet

^^ Nice units but ehh. Rather gamble for 13k on some "good" banner than grab those. Obviously +30% is good but is it really worth of 10k Lapis? Everone needs to think that. IF the bundles come. Then again Gumi can nerf the ATK materia to 20% :D.
Granted this can be different than in JP cause Global launch was earlier than JP in their launch year.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Dont know, never was banned for console wars, but it sucked being banned for politics.

Guess you were for console wars?

I've been banned for everything, until I learned the only way to not get banned is to 1) not post and 2) if you do post stick to your own sub.

And the 5* Base is still a chance with largely units that will have peaked till they enhancements down the line. The following 4* Units will be below them and the following 5* units will be far above with the meta.

Unless they sweeten the pot, make cheaper, etc. I can't recommend it to people.

Getting Amirox'd

This is a great point, though I think many would dispute the value between X imaginary pulls vs Y definite materia. I mean, point taken, but definite value vs. imagined value will always be an easier case to make than you're suggesting.

And yes, losing your mod powers because you went back to edit a post will always be the worst way.

KeRaSh

FFBE crashed while I was TM farming...
Checked the Units to see how far it got before it shit the bed.
Zidane: 95.1%!
Fed him my last 5% Moogle:

That brings Donkey Kong to this:

I know the elemental weapon is not ideal for the next trial so I'll have to shuffle that around a bit but we'll see.
This brings me to my next question, though. My initial plan was to go all in for Arc's TM x2 since I have 5 of him. Not sure I want to finish Dual Cast for now since both Arc and ExDeath will have it. I think I should rather focus on weapons instead.

What would you guys suggest?
I have the following TMs to consider:

Sakurafubuki
Excalibur
Deathbringer

Rixa

FFBE crashed while I was TM farming...

I know the elemental weapon is not ideal for the next trial so I'll have to shuffle that around a bit but we'll see.
This brings me to my next question, though. My initial plan was to go all in for Arc's TM x2 since I have 5 of him. Not sure I want to finish Dual Cast for now since both Arc and ExDeath will have it. I think I should rather focus on weapons instead.

What would you guys suggest?
I have the following TMs to consider:

Sakurafubuki
Excalibur
Deathbringer

Whose your healer?
If Tilith then maybe go for the weapons.

If Refia get Dual Cast.

For me having Dual Casts on Refia & Cecil gives a lot of variety and safety.

If Refia stays alive and 2 party members die
-> Refia Dual Casts Full Life
-> Cecil Dual Casts Curaja

This setup was really handy on Maxwell trial.

Muku

Yes I got her in the dark destroyer banner, yesterday actually! I havent gotten her anywhere yet since I have to work on exdeath as soon as I awaken him to 6* this week. And like you said, got her just in time for the mace as well :)

Maybe I will level her before Bartz, I dont know whos better in 6* form?

Not sure. I don't have a Bartz. :( Well on my main account. I got one on my alt early on. Replaced Gaffgarion with him. Hated his potion addition. Removed him from group and haven't gone back. Asshole needs to go to Potion Addition Annonomous before his ass gets invited back. Ever.

KeRaSh

Whose your healer?
If Tilith then maybe go for the weapons.

If Refia get Dual Cast.

For me having Dual Casts on Refia & Cecil gives a lot of variety and safety.

If Refia stays alive and 2 party members die
-> Refia Dual Casts Full Life
-> Cecil Dual Casts Curaja

This setup was really handy on Maxwell trial.

I'm not running a healer 99% of the time but I have Refia maxed and Tilith on the bench until her 6* arrives. I did run Refia for Maxwell and she helped a lot but I'm not sure I want to farm for something that I only need very rarely compared to something that I would use in every battle...
Or I could leave Dual Cast in and just ditch another Arc...

So, which of the three weapons would make the most sense to get first? Cecil is already at 23%, Deathbringer and Sakurafubuki are both at 0.3% and 0%. Sakurafubuki has no element so it is versatile but the others have higher ATK but potentially up- AND downsides.

When will I ever have time to farm Black Cowl, Bracer and MAG+30%?

Rixa

I'm not running a healer 99% of the time but I have Refia maxed and Tilith on the bench until her 6* arrives. I did run Refia for Maxwell and she helped a lot but I'm not sure I want to farm for something that I only need very rarely compared to something that I would use in every battle...
Or I could leave Dual Cast in and just ditch another Arc...

So, which of the three weapons would make the most sense to get first? Cecil is already at 23%, Deathbringer and Sakurafubuki are both at 0.3% and 0%. Sakurafubuki has no element so it is versatile but the others have higher ATK but potentially up- AND downsides.

When will I ever have time to farm Black Cowl, Bracer and MAG+30%?

For you its then better to get weapon. As for what, I would go either with Sakurafubuki or Deathbringer. Imo getting more Cecils is easier than getting Miyuki or Donkey Kong, so you can do Excalibur later faster if you get more Cecils.

For me its other way round. I have 2 Excaliburs that I really haven't used (Kinda stupid weapon without Dual Wield or Doublehand). But 2 Dual Casts are almost all the time in party. If nothing else in Arena where my team (and first turn usually) is:

- Cecil "Focus"
- CoD "Thundaga"
- CoD "Thundaga"
- Refia "DC Blizzara" (Shiva equipped, Ramuh is not 40)
- Exdeath "DC Thundaga"

If there is CoD opponend Refia does Full Life + Blizzara combo or Curajas if opponent goes first. Trying to finish stupid Arena fights fast.

Muku

Sweet mother of Cecil. Just pulled another CoD on my alt account. XD Three!! I am working on first one now. I think Imma keep the other two for a CoD army at some point. Will raise them after I get current one up and to cap.

And motherfreaking Kain on my main. -_-; I hate you Kain. I hate you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom