• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visceir

It's exactly the same event, how the hell would you expect people to not compare them?

There is nothing minor about buffing the special boss and severely reducing its rewards. Fuck this apologist bullshit, Gumi deserves all the shit in the world for this scummy practice.

GL got the event much later and has much more powerful units/TMs compared to when JP got the event. Nimbus was never intended to be killed by design.

I don't see anyone mentioning the extra rewards and TMs GL players get via monthly rewards -- again, 2 different versions which might as well be 2 different games.

Alkez

it's just minor balance changes.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you. I thought 1500 + 3*500 was going to be way too much with bonus units. And I can get behind the 1 steal for 350. But 1500 to 0 seems very harsh to me.

I'm fairly sure 350 is one of the lowest rare spawn amounts we've ever had. If it was inline with other GL mog king events I wouldn't have an issue.

Valentus

.eJwdxlEKwyAMANC7eABjYjSulxGxzgrtLNV-jd19bPA-3lvd164Wtc15jgVgbSP3a9Vj9ivVomvvdS_pbEPnfkCaM-XtKK85gLxh9I6JkVkQfQAKQp5EDFqRBzm0QAYlGvuDNlofnfsnRHa6tqf6fAHjZSat.t5_FkI3TCcrmAeF9rUo9lN-AvDk

across

Never quite understood why people bother to constantly compare JP to GL, only to then get unneccesarily get upset if things aren't exactly the same. It's 2 different versions that aren't directly competing or interacting with eachother.

It's not even like Gumi is royally screwing you over, it's just minor balance changes.

There's a movie from 2001, starring Jet Li and Jason Statham, called 'The One'. The plot of the movie is that there are parallel universes and "you" are in all of these universes but as a wildly different stereotype (because it's a Hollywood movie). There's a section in the movie where the dimension-hopping space cops are looking at all of the different Jet Lis across the multiverse and they all have different, generally stupid, looking hair, and lame professions, but they probably all still know wushu (because it's a Hollywood movie).

Constantly comparing and contrasting JP FFBE as a GL player is like being Jason Statham looking at the multitudinous Jet Lis scattered across the universe and being sad because you're never going to know wushu, or hug Aaliyah, or have Fist of Legend in your filmography. But if you'd stop looking at Jet Li all the time you'd realize you're still Jason Statham and you were in Guy Ritchie movies before they got boring and you're on the Fast and Furious gravy train now so really things aren't that bad and in some ways may be even better.

I hope this helped.

Lyrian

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you. I thought 1500 + 3*500 was going to be way too much with bonus units. And I can get behind the 1 steal for 350. But 1500 to 0 seems very harsh to me.

I'm fairly sure 350 is one of the lowest rare spawn amounts we've ever had. If it was inline with other GL mog king events I wouldn't have an issue.

One of the valid logics I've read on why this occurred is because when FFZ-2 showed up on JP, it was only a one week event. Hence, the very generous currency rates. As FFZ-2 is a 2-week event, drop rates on phantoma were significantly adjusted to reflect the extra time allotted.

Remember, the balancing point for Gumi for currency is from a perspective of running the entire event for 14 days straight and getting most (not all) of the rewards. Likely, the 35k materia and 30k moogle are considered the "jackpot" reward for full participation and the 70k moogle is there as only an "overachiver" reward for those who want it and are willing to farm extra phantoma for that.

EDarkness

This event sucks. I wasn't able to pull even one banner unit with 7 tries. So I'll be getting nothing for this and the old units don't count. There's no way I'm going to waste anything more on this, so I guess I'm not going to bother. On top of that, looking at the amount of currency we get, it's pathetic. The whole thing sucks. I think I may end up setting this one out. This whole bonus unit thing sucks and I'm tired of it. The damn RNG determines whether or not you'll be able to really take advantage of the event which just shouldn't be the case.

Man, I'm really not sure what to do. I guess I'm taking the day off from this game. Ugh.

EDIT: Why don't older Type 0 units work for this...?

Lyrian

Also, Ling ROFLstomps Brionac.

ATK/MAG broken Brionac does pitiful damage.

And if he gets he threshold attack off.... Dance of Life perfectly counters it.

And as stated by others here, Olive is perfectly designed to be a hard counter to Brionac as well.

Machine Killer + Sparky = double weakness exploit = instant kill on pretty much any ability outside of an autoattack.

eggydoo

man the only problem with these cactaur dunes is i'm slowly getting broke on gil.........

There a gil farming trick out there? Sell phantoma? :p

Alkez

One of the valid logics I've ready on why this occurred is because when FFZ-2 showed up on JP, it was only a one week event. Hence, the very generous currency rates. As FFZ-2 is a 2-week event, drop rates on phantoma were significantly adjusted to reflect the extra time allotted.

Remember, the balancing point for Gumi for currency is from a perspective of running the entire event for 14 days straight and getting most (not all) of the rewards. Likely, the 35k materia and 30k moogle are considered the "jackpot" reward for full participation and the 70k moogle is there as only an "overachiver" reward for those who want it and are willing to farm extra phantoma for that.

I guess really I should have emphasized the last line more because I'm not disagreeing with you or Visceir. I'm saying this isn't in line with what we've seen in GL, but the default drop is exactly the same. So we're just getting less. I understand the decrease, I just think for it to go down from 2000 total to 350 total is very harsh when something like the doublicorn gave 1000 .

But I guess the idea is we get less but you're massively rewarded if you can kill it (in essence balancing out). I'm not a fan of this system but it is what it is.

Lyrian

This event sucks. I wasn't able to pull even one banner unit with 7 tries. So I'll be getting nothing for this and the old units don't count. There's no way I'm going to waste anything more on this, so I guess I'm not going to bother. On top of that, looking at the amount of currency we get, it's pathetic. The whole thing sucks. I think I may end up setting this one out. This whole bonus unit thing sucks and I'm tired of it. The damn RNG determines whether or not you'll be able to really take advantage of the event which just shouldn't be the case.

Man, I'm really not sure what to do. I guess I'm taking the day off from this game. Ugh.

I hear you.

Stayed up way too late last night for the event flipped (3 AM my time on a work day), spent 12 pulls and only got 1 blue banner unit. WTF'd, pathetically first cleared the floors and crashed after that.

Woke up, bought the cheap tickets with the first clear phantoma, and pulled twice. Cinque + Nine. WTF'd again.

So yeah, RNG is a big factor on Mog King events to be able to get off the ground running at a reasonable speed. Bonus units are also a hard counter to hording tickets. If one doesn't pull, then they risk not being able to earn enough event currency by the time it ends to get what they want. It's a bad catch 22, by design.

Doesn't help that Gumi seems to be becoming stingier over the last month with the free ticket rewards (they appear to be moving to an award model that de-emphasizes free ticket awarding and hording in favor of instant rewards. [Same level of rewards, just can't save them for later; it's a control issue]).

Lyrian

I guess really I should have emphasized the last line more because I'm not disagreeing with you or Visceir. I'm saying this isn't in line with what we've seen in GL, but the default drop is exactly the same. So we're just getting less. I understand the decrease, I just think for it to go down from 2000 total to 350 total is very harsh when something like the doublicorn gave 1000 .

But I guess the idea is we get less but you're massively rewarded if you can kill it (in essence balancing out). I'm not a fan of this system but it is what it is.

Well... yes. You're not wrong here.

The balance is that the award for killing it is somewhere in the ballpark of (the 350 phantoma for the steal * bonus unit rate).

Also, Gumi probably factored in their calculations the expected number of times a person will encounter Nimbus over the two-week window and adjusted accordingly.

We (GAF) had a discussion about this over Doublicorn. We are pretty sure that Gumi is actively changing event rates to require players to spend more time in events to get what they want. That they are trying to avoid a scenario where players are clearing out everything in Week 1 and twiddling their thumbs in Week 2. Yeah, you can throw lapis at the event to still clear it all in Week 1, but the average F2Per, even an active one, should not be achieving full clears minus the 70k moogle in the first week.

Visceir

Yea, the event itself isn't very good. The awful banner is doing a good job of deterring people from getting bonus units and I don't think I ever used the sword reward in JP.

I'm sort of glad I'll have some time to do TM grinding. Would really like to get my hands on Bartz+Olive's TMs now that I pulled her, don't really see myself using her much before that.

Valentus

Well... yes. You're not wrong here.

The balance is that the award for killing it is somewhere in the ballpark of (the 350 phantoma for the steal * bonus unit rate).

Also, Gumi probably factored in their calculations the expected number of times a person will encounter Nimbus over the two-week window and adjusted accordingly.

We (GAF) had a discussion about this over Doublicorn. We are pretty sure that Gumi is actively changing event rates to require players to spend more time in events to get what they want. That they are trying to avoid a scenario where players are clearing out everything in Week 1 and twiddling their thumbs in Week 2. Yeah, you can throw lapis at the event to still clear it all in Week 1, but the average F2Per, even an active one, should not be achieving full clears minus the 70k moogle in the first week.

Now that i have nine and queen, i wont spend more lapis here. Will get all rewards with those units and dont use all the lapis gumi saved me

I know people aren't too high on the idea of an "A Squad" around here since you should build your teams based on the challenge rather than have any kind of dedicated team. But I just like having a go-to team. It's how my brain is wired.

So my best overall units are:
Yun
Ling
Lightning
CoD
Firion
Refia
Cecil
Chizuru
Exdeath
Marie
Nine

... and a whole smattering of other decent units like Bartz, WoL, Seven, Snow, Luka, Xiao, and Primm.

I had been rolling with a DPS focused squad of Yun, Lightning, Firion, CoD, and Refia, but I think I want to change things up a bit. Be more strategic overall and have fun with the battles instead of just hitting auto and looking away.

So I was thinking of the following as my main squad:

Yun -- DW, kaiser knuckle x2, PoC, bracer, Odin
Ling - survival edge, Diabolos
Nine - DW, holy lance, twin lance, dom ring, Ifrit
Refia - DC, Carbuncle
Lightning - BM, Excal, Sakura, Golem

My thinking is that Ling could do my breaking and fire debuff for Yun. Nine, Yun (with Odin's bladeblitz), and Lightning could do the AoE crowd control as well as dish out ST damage. And Refia for obvious reasons.

I have a few more TMs coming down the pike shortly, like a DW for Ling, a couple black cowls, and a champion's belt for Yun. After that, I have a whole bunch of Sheras and Leons to farm.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Just playing around a bit.

Muku

From sound of it... sounds as awful as I figured it might be. Figured they wouldn't let us use our other Type-0 ... but in thie case probably not til week two. I won't be doing this bullshit by then if I'm lucky.

I'm done
trying to
pulling bonus units for these Mog King events. Unless they're really interesting, seem cool, or are enticing (like Tidus or something where there is an attachment to the character). This Type-0 shit can go sit in the backseat of someone elses car.

Sounds worse than Double Popcorn. And I thought that was pretty low. I guess only thing I'm going for are:

x1 Phantasmal Blade
all tickets

Depending on how shitty it is to get those.. depends whether I get the following:

x1 30k Trust Moogle
x1 Vatality Apparatus
all Sacred Crystals

This is the barest bones my King Mog event list has EVER looked. Hint: Gumi, this shit sucks. Deal with it.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I'm wondering where this they'll let you use previous FFZero units come from.

They've never let you use a non-banner unit. The only reason for Lightning was, she was a banner unit again. They have and never will let non-banner units get the bonus.

If they did, that would be breaking a pretty massive trend that doesn't even come over from JPN.

Shouta

One of the valid logics I've read on why this occurred is because when FFZ-2 showed up on JP, it was only a one week event. Hence, the very generous currency rates. As FFZ-2 is a 2-week event, drop rates on phantoma were significantly adjusted to reflect the extra time allotted.

Yeah, this was a fairly short event in JP and it came much earlier than in GL as I recall so the currency was fairly generous because well, they didn't expect you to be able to do anything against him, lol.. It's pretty likely folks will be able to kill Nimbus if they tried this time, heh.

Yea it's a real shame Gumi pulled this shit with the units. These events should not benefit the ones who get lucky pulling a bunch.

I got a few but thinking on it, the rewards aren't that great so I'll stick to the usual necessities. Honestly the Type-0 units are so underwhelming for the most part.

Maybe I will take this time to really TM farm.

Muku

They've never let you use a non-banner unit. The only reason for Lightning was, she was a banner unit again. They have and never will let non-banner units get the bonus.

If they did, that would be breaking a pretty massive trend that doesn't even come over from JPN.

That makes it worse. Why pull for any of these bonus units ever? They'll never get reused at that rate. So what's the point of making someone pull for a shit character they've never heard of and don't care about? Their whole thing is fucked up. I'm done doing the dance on this shit.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Ticket #1 - GOLD! ... Rosa.

Daily -- fucking Kuja I swear.

I personally really enjoy the grind on these types of events but I'd like to have a few banner units to solo and max my efficiency. Gonna try with a few tickets and see what happens.

EDarkness

The quote from the email they sent about this reads, "Get the help of Queen and other memorable characters from FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 to obtain as much while phantoma as you can!"

The way it's phrased makes it seem like all Type-0 characters will be involved in this. Makes sense because they're all from the same game. I mean, logically why the hell wouldn't Ace, Trey, Seven, and Jack be involved in this, too? Fuckin' sucks that they aren't and again we're back to the RNG determining whether or not you'll be able to get anything meaningful out of this event.

Youre not alone. This event is complete bullshit. I might do it enough to get the summon tickets but that's it.

Going to do the dunes this weekend then the event after. From what you all are saying Dunes is the truth right now. I used all my Orlandu gigantuars on Olive. No regrets, she's fun and cute as hell. Going to replace Greg or Emp on my team. Not sure who yet.

Muku

Lol! I'm staying strong, in fact, I don't think I'm even going to daily pull on this one.

I know I'm not pulling a daily.

I did Arena summon for todays meet the daily requirement. And my luck on that just proved to me it was a good thing I didn't do a 1/2 pull anyway.

Gumi wants you to spend tickets and by time you get tickets from this event you are still in hole. Not this time Gumi. Not this time.

Niahak

ticket 4: it's gold! it's ... Hope?

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Hope springs eternal...ly from gold crystals you wish he wouldn't.

I got a Vanille on the half price myself, so I know the pain of FF13 getting in the way of a good game. Feel pretty lucky I got a Nine after a few tickets, but I'm not sure the tickets I get from mog king will make up for those I spent. Oh well, pulling is fun anyway.

There's a movie from 2001, starring Jet Li and Jason Statham, called 'The One'. The plot of the movie is that there are parallel universes and "you" are in all of these universes but as a wildly different stereotype (because it's a Hollywood movie). There's a section in the movie where the dimension-hopping space cops are looking at all of the different Jet Lis across the multiverse and they all have different, generally stupid, looking hair, and lame professions, but they probably all still know wushu (because it's a Hollywood movie).

Constantly comparing and contrasting JP FFBE as a GL player is like being Jason Statham looking at the multitudinous Jet Lis scattered across the universe and being sad because you're never going to know wushu, or hug Aaliyah, or have Fist of Legend in your filmography. But if you'd stop looking at Jet Li all the time you'd realize you're still Jason Statham and you were in Guy Ritchie movies before they got boring and you're on the Fast and Furious gravy train now so really things aren't that bad and in some ways may be even better.

I hope this helped.

This post is fantastic.

Pejo

Gold Member
First Shine TM done. Decided since I was close I would stop doing the event until i was done with it.

Damn Hippo, it blows my mind how fast you get TMs done. Do you use that "blazing fast" macro with refreshes? For whatever reason I rarely ever splurge on refreshes, but I always waste lapis on stupid banners that I shouldn't. Probably should re-evaluate.

Also, love those Nine gifs Valentus. I might have missed it, but do you have your equipped gear/materia screenshotted anywhere? I might be interested in making that 1 jump kill unit for the PRO version of this new event.

Damn Hippo, it blows my mind how fast you get TMs done. Do you use that "blazing fast" macro with refreshes? For whatever reason I rarely ever splurge on refreshes, but I always waste lapis on stupid banners that I shouldn't. Probably should re-evaluate.

Also, love those Nine gifs Valentus. I might have missed it, but do you have your equipped gear/materia screenshotted anywhere? I might be interested in making that 1 jump kill unit for the PRO version of this new event.

Yeah Ill also be interesting if I ever pull the bastard

I do I have it running 24/7 essentially and just stop to do arena every 5 hours or so or if I'm close to ranking up I might do something else to use the last NRG efficiently. But yes refreshes are where it's at I used to do 2-3 a day but now it's just constantly running and refreshing.

creid

I don't think I've ever really used Bartz's Live Elixir before, but it's giving me a way to clear ELT without needing MP items. Always glad to have an excuse to pull someone off the bench.

robotuw

*sigh* 30+ pulls trying to get a Shine, and now when I don't care I get a Nine in four tries. Oh well, guess I'm doing this event after all. Nine's my leader now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom