• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menchi

Yay, I finally figured out how to get NeoGaf working on my mobile! More time to post all day at work

I'm still rocking no base 5* so Gilga is looking mighty terrifying. Gilga Katana would be pretty amazing as I only have Masamune right now, but on the plus side, I'm 10% away from BM so that's good.

I have 85% worth of Trust Moogles saved up but I'm wondering if there are any amazing, must have TMs coming soon so whether I should wait and save them for that, or buff myself now with a Saka and Excalibur

Alkez

Against Gilgamesh, the most crippling elements are Fire (-50% atk/def+osmose), Wind (100% para) and Holy (100% confuse).

Earth (-75% hp) and Water (-50% mag/spr) aren't as important.

So the best unit to seal the 3 most dangerous elements would be Lightning DW Excalibur+Kazekiri+Fire Blitz.

Or Bartz DW Excalibur/Holy Lance+Fire Katana+Wind Barrage.

Thanks for the info.

I don't even think 100% para is that bad if you're running Ling. She can't be para'd and has esunaga.

With the Earth is that like Graviga then?

And does he use any magic? Cause -spr could be annoying if so.

KeRaSh

Shin there's a recipe for the Tridant in one of the explorations (Zoldaad Castle).

And Gilgamesh, Lightning, and Noctis can use spears so you're good Kerash.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll have to watch a video of the trial before I attempt it.

Rixa

Against Gilgamesh, the most crippling elements are Fire (-50% atk/def+osmose), Wind (100% para) and Holy (100% confuse).
Or Bartz DW Excalibur/Holy Lance+Fire Katana+Wind Barrage.

Would same work with Gilgamesh?
Excalibur + Chirijiraden + Wind Slash

I was thinking something like:

Noctis - Excalibur + Sakurafubuki
Noctis - Vernard + Sakurafubuki
Refia - Dual Cast
Gilgy - Excalibur & Chirijiraden
Cecil - Dual Cast (Snow?)
friend Noctis

Syntsui

Fucking called Ramza!

This community don't fuck around and I'll definitely pull for him, he is my wet dream since I completely neglected him when he was as released.

I have absolutely all the tools to beat Gilgamesh, I'm not worried at all.

bonkeng

Thanks for the info.

I don't even think 100% para is that bad if you're running Ling. She can't be para'd and has esunaga.

With the Earth is that like Graviga then?

And does he use any magic? Cause -spr could be annoying if so.

Nope, no magic. But he does have hybrid elemental damage.

Earth Magic: Stone, Stonera, Stonega.

Ling might be great, but I think she's too squishy to last long against Greg.

For Earth and Water, Firion can Dual Wield Golem Staff and Viking Axe/Trident. With 125% Man Eater, he should do moderate damage.

A team with Cecil, Refia, Bartz and Firion should be good enough defensively.

That only leaves 2 spots (1 if you want the 30% atk materia). Ideally, both damage dealer.

Would same work with Gilgamesh?
Excalibur + Chirijiraden + Wind Slash

I was thinking something like:

Noctis - Excalibur + Sakurafubuki
Noctis - Vernard + Sakurafubuki
Refia - Dual Cast
Gilgy - Excalibur & Chirijiraden
Cecil - Dual Cast (Snow?)
friend Noctis

Yup that might work. I was mainly thinking on how the rest of us without multiple Noctis can tackle the trial.

Use Trident and Golem staff on Greg instead of Chiji+Excalibur to seal Wind, Earth and Water elements. Your 2 Noctis can then seal Holy and Fire elements.

All of this are only just my opinion, as I actually haven't tried the trial at all. Waiting for the Japs to guide us.

Fucking called Ramza!

This community don't fuck around and I'll definitely pull for him, he is my wet dream since I completely neglected him when he was as released.

I have absolutely all the tools to beat Gilgamesh, I'm not worried at all.

It's about damn time a happy Syntsui shows up. You've been grumpy for far too long lol.

across

Fucking called Ramza!

Keep in mind that this is not the Player's Choice banner, just gap filler that Gumi has presented us.

To all of the people lustily eyeing that young blond man, just keep in mind that we have months, as in plural, before he is especially useful for anything beyond Dualcast Ultima in Arena. Chasing rainbows is one thing. Chasing rainbows for TM body armor is... well. Just keep in mind that there are more immediately useful units on the horizon and don't break the bank if your bank is indeed breakable.

(Ramza's sweet though)

Valentus

The status ailments are a problem, but those skills hits hard too. And dont forget gilga apart of his elemental skills he does 5-7 attacks per turn

Rixa

Yup that might work. I was mainly thinking on how the rest of us without multiple Noctis can tackle the trial.

Use Trident and Golem staff on Greg instead of Chiji+Excalibur to seal Wind, Earth and Water elements. Your 2 Noctis can then seal Holy and Fire elements.

Good advice, thanks. I need to grab Golem staff but that shouldnt be a problem.

For those who doesn't have Noctis, I think he will be important friend unit. Noctis has so much utility + full revive if healer dies.

across

Wait what, filler banner? Keep wasting time Gumi.

I mean... I could be wrong. But it isn't called Player's Choice or any variation thereof, and while I could be convinced that Ramza somehow beat out Noctis and Gilgamesh, and that Snow beat out Chizuru... Bartz and Exdeath showing over Zidane strains credulity past breaking point. Therefore, it isn't the PC banner.

It's intended to be what it says on the tin: units to help against Gilgamesh.

Snow is valuable as a HP-laden draw tank and he has access to the trivially-obtained Sonic Knuckles for Wind element.
Bartz can cover that element along with 1-3 others as well as act as MP battery and do generally useful things.
Ramza has a 5-turn 40% MAG break (the only stat that you can break on Gilgamesh, IIRC?), Auto-Refresh, a native Holy attack and level 8 Black Magic proficiency meaning he can trivially seal things.
Exdeath natively has access to all of the elements that you can use against Gilgamesh save wind. He'll do extra damage to him due to his native Man Eater?
Agrias I have absolutely no fucking clue about.

bonkeng

I mean... I could be wrong. But it isn't called Player's Choice or any variation thereof, and while I could be convinced that Ramza somehow beat out Noctis and Gilgamesh, and that Snow beat out Chizuru... Bartz and Exdeath showing over Zidane strains credulity past breaking point. Therefore, it isn't the PC banner.

It's intended to be what it says on the tin: units to help against Gilgamesh.

Snow is valuable as a HP-laden draw tank and he has access to the trivially-obtained Sonic Knuckles for Wind element.
Bartz can cover that element along with 1-3 others as well as act as MP battery and do generally useful things.
Ramza has a 5-turn 40% MAG break (the only stat that you can break on Gilgamesh, IIRC?), Auto-Refresh, a native Holy attack and level 8 Black Magic proficiency meaning he can trivially seal things.
Exdeath natively has access to all of the elements that you can use against Gilgamesh save wind. He'll do extra damage to him due to his native Man Eater?
Agrias I have absolutely no fucking clue about.

Spoiler Alert!

This banner has nothing to do with beating Greg's Trial.

It's about them beating or nearly beating Greg in their respective games.

The status ailments are a problem, but those skills hits hard too. And dont forget gilga apart of his elemental skills he does 5-7 attacks per turn

Refia's Embolden should help mitigate that. Since all are physical damage.

across

Spoiler Alert!

This banner has nothing to do with beating Greg's Trial.

It's about them beating or nearly beating Greg in their respective games.

The wild thing is I'm gullible enough to have thought you were being serious until I remembered he wasn't even in Final Fantasy Tactics.

Oh, if Agrias is on this banner because Gumi is fast-tracking her 6* form to push Orlandu further out to sea, it's going to be so delectable I might buy some Lapis just to show my appreciation. She's considerably less busted than he is. It would be a very clever way of handling power creep issues that Lyrian often refers to, without doing something silly like actually nerfing the T.G. himself.

Why would Agrias even be on this banner? Full Break doesn't work on Gilgamesh (unless he's changed from the JP version). She has no elemental attacks or black magic proficiency. I assume he can't be stopped with her LB.

Only other thing I can think is that this is simply the Player's Choice runner-ups who have been given a coincidentally thematic grouping that largely works.

Sigh.......This is some real first world problem shit. I do another 11 pull for more Shines because I need more 30% atk's and I get another Olive. GUMI, you fucking listen here man. Don't go fucking up my Orlandu chances, I don't want this! :-(

The wild thing is I'm gullible enough to have thought you were being serious until I remembered he wasn't even in Final Fantasy Tactics.

Oh, if Agrias is on this banner because Gumi is fast-tracking her 6* form to push Orlandu further out to sea, it's going to be so delectable I might buy some Lapis just to show my appreciation. She's considerably less busted than he is. It would be a very clever way of handling power creep issues that Lyrian often refers to, without doing something silly like actually nerfing the T.G. himself.

Why would Agrias even be on this banner? Full Break doesn't work on Gilgamesh (unless he's changed from the JP version). She has no elemental attacks or black magic proficiency. I assume he can't be stopped with her LB.

Only other thing I can think is that this is simply the Player's Choice runner-ups who have been given a coincidentally thematic grouping that largely works.

God, I hope this is the case lol. I want Orlandu, but honestly just the Reddit meltdowns keep me wanting him to just keep on being further out.

Sigh.......This is some real first world problem shit. I do another 11 pull for more Shines because I need more 30% atk's and I get another Olive. GUMI, you fucking listen here man. Don't go fucking up my Orlandu chances, I don't want this! :-(

Don't make me pull for another Olive ><. 2 of her would destroy so much shit.

God, I hope this is the case lol. I want Orlandu, but honestly just the Reddit meltdowns keep me wanting him to just keep on being further out.

Hippo, don't make me do this to you bro!!!!

200.webp

creid

I was planning on spending on ATK+15% but I don't see many people mentioning it here, and it is pretty pricy. Is there a good reason to skip it? Now that I think about it, it's only going to boost my Chizuru by 5% for now, and will probably get replaced as soon as I can get one of these ATK+30% or ATK+20% TMs.

across

I don't want Orlandu... well, I do, but not enough to pull for him... but I confess to a regretful taste for schadenfreude and 6* Agrias would herald a considerable delay in the old man's appearance on our shores. Conflagrations are fun to watch from a distance.

I want Tidus more, anyway.

I was planning on spending on ATK+15% but I don't see many people mentioning it here, and it is pretty pricy. Is there a good reason to skip it? Now that I think about it, it's only going to boost my Chizuru by 5% for now, and will probably get replaced as soon as I can get one of these ATK+30% or ATK+20% TMs.

Pretty iffy to me, and I've decided I'm going to farm a bit more of this event after all, after getting my Nine to solo-ELT status. Like you say, 5%. I doubt I'll bother.

Syntsui

6* Agrias still means nothing without her enhancements, which should be ridiculously away from us anyway. I have 2 copies of her maxed out in advance though, she is definitely my number 1 priority for enhacement. If they also bless me with Orlandu before that, I won't have any need to pursue other unit anymore (which means nothing because I'll want all the broken motherfuckers, specially OK).

I'd say most here don't have any use for it, but it's definitely a must have if you don't have access to 20% or 30% ATK materias.

Pejo

Man, I love that new Dunes. I maxed out Nine, Queen, Luka, and CuArtemios in one weekend.

Also spent over a million gil to do it, lol.

Anyways, glad Greg trial is coming, it's going to be a good test of my team. Those various clear rewards are going to be tough, I think.

Also glad the next banner is a hard pass from me. I already have all of those units, and while I wouldn't mind another Brave Suit, I'm certainly not pulling for Ramza now, with what's scheduled to come out.

My next banner to major pull on is now going to be Tidus/Rikku. Not even going to go hard for Orlandu. Might do a 10+1 and tickets, but that's it.

creid

I discovered an interesting glitch right now. While distracted with other things, my team was wiped by the boss of the event because the ''auto'' was pressed. The game over screen was up and to not lose the NRG I closed the game and opened it on NOX.

The final battle was resumed with no game over and the boss had zero health, so I could kill it with literally anything and the rewards were given anyway. Now, what would happen if I did this with Nimbus? HMMMMMMMMMMMMM I might have accidently discovered a way to beat him while using bonus units LOL.
I would be careful, gumi has banned people for similar shenanigans in JP.

Muku

I'm never going to get a Noctis am I? I guess a Ramza would be nice. But I have multiples of everyone else on that banner...

Same. :( Except Ramza. I don't have him. But I really want Noctis as well.

I'm not in any rush for trial though. To be honest, when the description says to prepare for a long battle, I immediately get turned off from it. I'm not wasting long periods of time on this. I just really don't have the patience these days for that kind of crap. (Especially for a mobile game.)

zera getting two Olives make me want to jump off a building

I really didn't want this man. I have NO USE for another. Shit, to be honest I didn't want one. I was pulling for Shine! She's great don't get me wrong but this just goes to show that RNG is RNG. Pulling for 4* bases and getting unwanted 5*'s. First. World. PROBLEMS! LOL! What I'm going to do for shits and giggles and get beast out 2 of my Chizzies's, get both Olive's as geared as I can and see what that chaining and 2 mega chain finishers can do.

Lyrian

6* Agrias still means nothing without her enhancements, which should be ridiculously away from us anyway. I have 2 copies of her maxed out in advance though, she is definitely my number 1 priority for enhacement. If they also bless me with Orlandu before that, I won't have any need to pursue other unit anymore (which means nothing because I'll want all the broken motherfuckers, specially OK).

I'd say most here don't have any use for it, but it's definitely a must have if you don't have access to 20% or 30% ATK materias.

15% ATK is as good as it gets, outside of TMs. Unless you are already have multiple Shine TMs completed, it's a reasonable upgrade to obtain. I think I can reasonably claim safely that you aren't only use one offense boosting TM across your entire A-tier team?

I'll likely be claiming mine from this event later today.

Man, I love that new Dunes. I maxed out Nine, Queen, Luka, and CuArtemios in one weekend.

Also spent over a million gil to do it, lol.
I actually made gil this weekend. Any time my inventory would get full, I'd use the Metal Gigantaurs on my unit to be leveled and the Metal Cactaurs on 1/2* FP units that I'd then sell, making ~4-5k per Metal Cactaur.

Pejo

I actually made gil this weekend. Any time my inventory would get full, I'd use the Metal Gigantaurs on my unit to be leveled and the Metal Cactaurs on 1/2* FP units that I'd then sell, making ~4-5k per Metal Cactaur.

I always forget that little trick. Too much micro-management for me this weekend anyways, i was side-playing FFBE when I had to when orbs/NRG was full, but my focus was on Breath of the Wild.

I'll definitely keep that in mind next time though, that's a great idea.

Zalasta

So it seems that golden bomb is a once a day thing for me, never seen it twice.

By the way, anyone ever encountered bomb and Nimbus on the same run?

Muku

So it seems that golden bomb is a once a day thing for me, never seen it twice.

By the way, anyone ever encountered bomb and Nimbus on the same run?

I've actually had bombs in a back to back encounter. But it's funny, I've wondered the same thing about the second part. I imagine it would be really rare. Already rare to get either one to show up.

Alright I think I have my Gilgamesh team picked out.

Rain with Survivals Edge doing Lava Floor - Fire/Earth/Wind
Noctis with Excalibur/Trident - Light/Water
Cecil with 10k HP's (maybe 11 if I do another 30% HP before then) with an Excalibur just in case.
Refia with Dualcast
Olive to do actual damage.

Will try that out, and see how it goes.

Won't use a friend unit, and will try no items first run, but I will do it again if need be for that one. Will also save Olive's LB for the kill.

Actually after thinking about it since Rain has innate cover he may get himself killed so I may give my 2nd Noctis equip staff and have him Fire Flask with golem staff and survivals edge to cover those same 3 elements.

creid

15% ATK is as good as it gets, outside of TMs. Unless you are already have multiple Shine TMs completed, it's a reasonable upgrade to obtain. I think I can reasonably claim safely that you aren't only use one offense boosting TM across your entire A-tier team?

I'll likely be claiming mine from this event later today.
I've only got one physical DPS on my main team, and she's currently using:
Dual Wield
Blade Mastery
ATK+10%
ATK+15%
So as soon as I get a single ATK+20% or higher TM, that 2nd ATK+15% becomes useless. Unless at some point I drop my team's caster, buffer, or tank... but for a serious fight I assume I wouldn't do that.

Alright I think I have my Gilgamesh team picked out.

Rain with Survivals Edge doing Lava Floor - Fire/Earth/Wind
Noctis with Excalibur/Trident - Light/Water
Cecil with 10k HP's (maybe 11 if I do another 30% HP before then) with an Excalibur just in case.
Refia with Dualcast
Olive to do actual damage.

Will try that out, and see how it goes.

Won't use a friend unit, and will try no items first run, but I will do it again if need be for that one. Will also save Olive's LB for the kill.

Actually after thinking about it since Rain has innate cover he may get himself killed so I may give my 2nd Noctis equip staff and have him Fire Flask with golem staff and survivals edge to cover those same 3 elements.

I'm thinking my team will be as follows:

Cecil/Snow (need to work out how high HP/Def I can get them both. I think Snow would be best for 100% draw/provoke but his Def is ASS. I have ZERO champion belts finished.

Refia - Heals/rez.

Noct - Holy/Fire via Excal and Chiri, will be at 850+ atk and will be main dps and mana battery. .

Rain - As high HP I can get him. Going to have him cover 4 elements via DW.

Greg - Earth via golem staff and another back up element. Not sure which yet.

I'd love to get Ling in here for the real mana battery, rez, cleanses, and breaks but I don't know if Greg can be broken or not. I'd love to get Olive in here as well for the DPS, don't know if it will be possible though.

The feels when you remember you didn't pick up that air dagger with the 15% hp.....kill me.

If you stick with this would you mind putting this as your friend unit when you go to do the trial on Friday please? That combination with a good damage dealer would really help me out.

Yes, of course!

Zera - For Rain make sure to give him some extra MP materia as he will run out of mana pretty quickly. 20 MP for Lava Floor with a base of 126. So only 6 casts. Not sure how long the fight will take though. Obviously if you aren't going for the no item run then it's a big who cares I guess.

Azuran

Banned
I'll probably go with:

Lightning: Light/Wind/Fire
Refia
Cecil

So I need something that can use Trident and Earth Staff. Bartz looks like a good choice here. He also has backup Wind just in case. I might give someone else like Elza a Holy Lance for Light backup.

I'm sure there's a better team out there so I'm still theory crafting.

creid

you're going to have to have more than one DPS on your team at some point, though. like, very soon.
I've only got one physical DPS, my other DPS is 543MAG Exdeath for now. I'm not going to be able to swap him for another physical DPS unless I either get a natural dual wielding character (fat chance) or grind out another DW from Zidane. Right now it seems like a better use of resources (read: trust moogles) to get better equipment/TMs for Chizuru or Randi (who I still have yet to try out with proper equipment), because a 681ATK Chizuru still has room for improvement.

robotuw

Earth is going to be my weakness with the gilg trial. My main method will have to be Rain. Cecil has dualcast but I can't expect him to be the primary healer most turns. I'd like the chance to double up on every element but I can't quite do it without Refia. Why the heck is the Golem staff the only earth element weapon? Although, this is without a friend unit so I should be in the clear. Maybe I'll be able to get a katana back on Noctis with the right friend coming along.

Noctis - Excal,Trident,Fire Flask - Fire,Water,Holy
Lightning - Excal,Trident,Aero Blitz - Holy,Water,Wind
Cecil - ? - Main(?) healer
Refia - Golem Staff - Earth
Rain - Lava Floor,Survival Edge - Fire,Earth,Wind

You could give Refia Barstonra to mitigate the Earth damage and give her the dualcast so she can still heal.

Thankfully this is that rare instance where my two dualcasts will come in handy. We'll have to see, but barstonra + curaga may indeed be better. If everything goes according to plan then Rain will be alive and Refia can do whatever she wants anyway.

Since he's not doing that much anyway, is it worth considering trading Cecil for Leo? Then I can guarantee he'll get hit with his stacked provoke.

Edit 1 million: Actually looking at both Cecil I think is still better because of Saintly Wall, plus you will want to use Provoke from Golem as it's 70% chance, and Leo only has a 50%.

Oh I thought Provoke could stack with Leo's innate draw attacks. If not then yeah Leo's useless.

Earth is going to be my weakness with the gilg trial. My main method will have to be Rain. Cecil has dualcast but I can't expect him to be the primary healer most turns. I'd like the chance to double up on every element but I can't quite do it without Refia. Why the heck is the Golem staff the only earth element weapon? Although, this is without a friend unit so I should be in the clear. Maybe I'll be able to get a katana back on Noctis with the right friend coming along.

Noctis - Excal,Trident,Fire Flask - Fire,Water,Holy
Lightning - Excal,Trident,Aero Blitz - Holy,Water,Wind
Cecil - ? - Main(?) healer
Refia - Golem Staff - Earth
Rain - Lava Floor,Survival Edge - Fire,Earth,Wind

You could give Refia Barstonra to mitigate the Earth damage and give her the dualcast so she can still heal.

Since he's not doing that much anyway, is it worth considering trading Cecil for Leo? Then I can guarantee he'll get hit with his stacked provoke.

No, you want Cecil provoking, and taking the brunt of attacks. The most important thing though is you want him taking the instant kill attacks at each HP threshold since he won't be sealing elements. Actually I guess Leo would do the same thing.

Edit 1 million: Actually looking at both Cecil I think is still better because of Saintly Wall, plus you will want to use Provoke from Golem as it's 70% chance, and Leo only has a 50%.

Celegus

Don't forget you can craft stone blade as well if that helps, though it does eat a materia slot and do basically no damage.

tuffymon

If it was, I wouldn't be surprised, I voted for Gilga, Snow, and something not zidane...

Per Reddit: 180% 2 Hit Phys AoE + -50% Ignore DEF + Dispel [60 MP]

Thanks, seems situational, but useful at least. I'm getting pumped for this gilga trial. Seems like dropping a decent unit for a swole friend unit targeting 3 elements will be the way to go. Overlapping seems pretty useful when those deaths happen...

1 million hp... are we sure that he wont get buffed to like 2.5m?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom