• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok does anyone have a leader than can one shot the plant at the end of Shadow of the Empire's pro difficulty? Unfortunately Orlandeau can't since his damage isn't best when spread out and Noctis just doesn't seem to have the power.

Damn thing keeps killing me no matter what I try either with a barrage of hits to OHKO or a massive poison attack to do the same. I dunno why he's so damn hard. He's killing friend Orlandeau units with 6k+ in that one hit :/

I'd skip it, but I only need 5 calamity writs and 10 faeries writs to for Orlandeau and was hoping to bag some here.

Here's my Orlandu, who has, I think, the best atk you can get without a genji glove (ignoring infernal armlets because who the heck has those). Other than the brave suit, all his TMs come from 4* base or lower units so it should be doable with enough time. What each item comes from is in parentheses, and the rarity if it's from a unit.

Orlandeau 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Excalibur +120ATK+Light Element (Cecil, 3*)
Left Hand: Genji Blade +107ATK (Gilgamesh Trial)
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep (Hayate, 3*)
Body: Brave Suit +51DEF+15%ATK+15%MAG (Ramza, 5*)
Accessory 1: Bracer +30ATK+15%HP (Gafgarion, 4*)
Accessory 2: Ifrit's Claw +30ATK+20%Fire+100%Blind (Dark Esper Trial)
Ability 1: Dual Wield Equip two single handed weapons (Zidane, 3*)
Ability 2: Large Sword Mastery +50% ATK Great Sword (Dark Esper Trial)
Ability 3: Blade Mastery +50% ATK Katana (Chizuru, 4*)
Ability 4: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion (Shine, 4*)
Pot Stats: HP: 390 MP: 65 ATK: 34 DEF: 26 MAG: 26 SPR: 26
Total Stats: HP: 6217 MP: 207 ATK: 910 DEF: 226 MAG: 172 SPR: 167

Ah thanks! I think I've used yours a few times and the build stuck out as a pretty strong one. That will give me a bunch of TM's to work towards.

Alkez

So what are we expect this Friday, banner and event wise? Please Gumi do not give us Mog King lol. Should be done with the raid by Wednesday but I would like to run it for the full 2 weeks for free stuffs.

In the same boat, I have left oar and you have the right one.
We are missing captain & mate.

I got a good daily but I got Leo as my free pull to join my kains, maria, and russell from the past few days. Can I join lol?

Rixa

I got a good daily but I got Leo as my free pull to join my kains, maria, and russell from the past few days. Can I join lol?

You can be the captain :). As captain your responsibility is to show others, thats why you pulled that _one_ good pull.

LucaMac

Ok does anyone have a leader than can one shot the plant at the end of Shadow of the Empire's pro difficulty? Unfortunately Orlandeau can't since his damage isn't best when spread out and Noctis just doesn't seem to have the power.QUOTE]

Do use Noctis, but use blizzard flask. Big stupid plant isn't immune to stop.

Ken

So what are we expect this Friday, banner and event wise? Please Gumi do not give us Mog King lol. Should be done with the raid by Wednesday but I would like to run it for the full 2 weeks for free stuffs.

sHSE3RG.png

Free Summon: Penelo
Ticket #1: Penelo....srsly???
1/2 Pull: Firion

Man.... this is far and away the worst streak of pulls I've ever had in this game. Of the 22 pulls I did over this past weekend (including the free pulls), I got complete and utter garbage. The only unit I didn't immediately sell or fuse was a Vivi. And that's only because I got rid of him a loooooooooooong time ago and regretted it with the news of his 6* upgrade coming our way at some point in the very distant future.

So in 22 pulls, the only one that excited me was arguably one of the worst mages currently in the game because eventually in the next year or so he becomes pretty good.

That's a rough stretch of pulls.

I am sitting on 135k raid coins right now because I have absolutely no reason to pull on them. Hell, I even have all of the cactuar rewards still sitting in my inbox. I'll pull at the end and sell all the shit off if I don't pull anyone, but this is pretty disheartening.

The only real positive is that I'm killing it in the raid. I'm at 1.3 million raid points and should wrap it up tomorrow, give or take.

Alkez

Free Summon: Penelo
Ticket #1: Penelo....srsly???
1/2 Pull: Firion

Man.... this is far and away the worst streak of pulls I've ever had in this game.

I've definitely been there more than once. Feels like summoning goes in ebbs and flows. Sometimes you can't stop getting lucky, and other times you can't even get a decent 3*. It's why I basically only do dailies now. If I spend tickets and get consecutive trash I just get frustrated and end up rage pulling lol (and last time I did that it took 30 pulls before I even saw a yellow crystal).

free pull: kain
half pull: kain
ticket pull x2: kain kain

ffbe-jesus if you can, next time just send me a message "don't roll today" and I will oblige...
2 tickets and 250 crystal down the drain....
on the plus side, I'm almost done with the SECOND gungnir........

I've definitely been there more than once. Feels like summoning goes in ebbs and flows. Sometimes you can't stop getting lucky, and other times you can't even get a decent 3*. It's why I basically only do dailies now. If I spend tickets and get consecutive trash I just get frustrated and end up rage pulling lol (and last time I did that it took 30 pulls before I even saw a yellow crystal).

I've been 95% F2P with this game (outside of the $48 bundle when Noctis came out), and I legit contemplated dropping money this morning on an impulse rage pull/lapis buy. Thankfully, my brain caught up with me and I realized that this banner isn't even that amazing. I keep pulling out of principle at this point more than anything else. I've dropped so much that I feel like I need to keep pulling to justify everything I've dropped on it without feeling totally like a nincompoop.

Zalasta

I have never gotten anything decent with free summons, not that last time, and not this time so far either.

In my effort to stay completely F2P, I have resisted several times to buy that $0.99 bundle >.>

Fought one of those FFKR people, the dude had 2 Ring of the Lucii on each of his units 0-0
Wouldn't be so bad if they didn't had 6k+ HP too.

It was fun seeing 8 Holy counter elemental chaining.

This week's arena is rough at the top. Usually there are a handful of rather safe whales in the top 15-20 that I can fight without too much problem, but those FFKR accounts are no joke, even the lowest rank out of them has 4 notics.

Free pull and daily pull have been nothing but gutter trash. Would like a zyrus but doesnt look like its gonna happen at this rate lol. 3 yellow, all of banner. This is counting 20 tickets, daily, free pull, and that 300 lapis bundle. Disgusting.

Free pull and daily pull have been nothing but gutter trash. Would like a zyrus but doesnt look like its gonna happen at this rate lol. 3 yellow, all of banner. This is counting 20 tickets, daily, free pull, and that 300 lapis bundle. Disgusting.

at least he isnt a limited unit but locking out 20slots to save the moogles is a pain

maybe we will get the QoL update to combine moogles sooon

Kouriozan

I wish Gumi would release Type 0 part 3 so the worst would be behind us already.
Pots are starting to eat up a lot of my unit slots, really hope 6* WoL is this week.

Alkez

I only do arena 5 times a day now but I'm curious to see these FFRK guys. If only I had the time to work my way up.

I keep pulling out of principle at this point more than anything else. I've dropped so much that I feel like I need to keep pulling to justify everything I've dropped on it without feeling totally like a nincompoop.

Yuuup. Completely understand this logic and it's how I end up spending resources on nonsense. Will never forget spending 20 tickets on Seven's banner for absolutely no reason.

This is why it's nice to have a community to talk to though. It may just be a game but it clearly can affect our emotions. It's nice to know that others are in the same boat. At the very least we have Captain Me (lmao), Left Oar Rixa, Right Oar Celegus, and First Mate Desverger. I'll promote you to Second Mate haha.

Yuuup. Completely understand this logic and it's how I end up spending resources on nonsense. Will never forget spending 20 tickets on Seven's banner for absolutely no reason.

This is why it's nice to have a community to talk to though. It may just be a game but it clearly can affect our emotions. It's nice to know that others are in the same boat. At the very least we have Captain Me (lmao), Left Oar Rixa, Right Oar Celegus, and First Mate Desverger. I'll promote you to Second Mate haha.

LOL Thanks.... I think.

tuffymon

I only do arena 5 times a day now but I'm curious to see these FFRK guys. If only I had the time to work my way up.

I only do the 5 a day and I've seen a few in the midrange.

I bumped into a double m.fina / 3 tt group and got completely rekt... all had ribbons (or equiv), high dodge, and great ai... r1 was triple ultima followed with an alterna yum...

Menchi

The half pulls since Orlando banner have all been shockingly bad for me, back to the days of Shadows, Vivi, Panelo constantly. Free pulls have been just as bad, with the only good one being Gaffgarrion.

Did 8 tickets as thought Zyrus may be nice to get his TM from raid coins, and pulled...

Golbez
Gilbert
Vivi
Shantotto (I have 14 of her...)
Arc
Guy
Celes
Lawrence

Some of those would be okay, but I already have Arc & Celes TM (and 5 each if I decide to go for another) and Guy doesn't seem that great? Though I have 4 of him anyway.

I remember reading that later on we'll be able to combine trust moogles together? That'd be great as I have 16 of my slots being used on Freyvia's ones.

Pejo

Free pull was Cyan, my first bad one so far.

Not doing daily for now since I have all the banner units. I really want a second Zyrus for TM reasons, but I'd rather spend the lapis on unit slots instead of a 1/50 chance of getting another one, so I'll just keep hoarding his moogles. I've been throwing all my tickets at the Eileen banner, but nothing good out of that yet.

I'm really loving Reberta, got her max level and finished her TM. She still has a bunch of crappy TMs on her until I farm some better stuff, but she's a lot of fun to use.

And no worries Rixa, I'm not making my dark damage build Death Scythe/Moonblade build with her until after the event. I'm not that bad, lol.

Xion86

Omg! My free pull! Also my discount pull was Zyrus

I'm so pleased. I've seen how hard divine retribution hits at the higher end. Now if only I hadn't used my awakening mats on Lightning.

Wow! You're sorted :D big congratulations on this fantastic and extremely useful pull that will take you far! You deserve it for being so into the game after starting not so long ago :).

I'm curious about something with the GAF Exvius players. Does anyone here have every single unit in the game?

I'm actually pretty close. Only missing 10 units. Only ones I don't have are,

Yun
Randi
Demon Rain
Dracu Laswell
Tilith
Trance Terra
Fryevia
Emperor
Ace
Dark Knight Cecil

Anyone get em all?

Not got any of these apart from Ace. I think the only way I would have had a better chance of getting them is spending more money on the game and doing more 11 pulls on each of the banners. Not been lucky enough to get these with tickets or daily pulls.

I agree :) It's nice to have the community to talk to. I spent quite a lot on the Orlandeau banner, and since then I only did one 11 pull yesterday for fun. I didn't pull much in other banners as I know I probably won't end up using those units in my team as much (and may get them eventually via Daily pulls). The next time I see myself spending is when Cloud comes along...(bit worried about that day!).

So what's the verdict on the 300 lapis ticket? I've been grabbing it daily since its close enough to a half price pull. Right choice?

Wow! You're sorted :D big congratulations on this fantastic and extremely useful pull that will take you far! You deserve it for being so into the game after starting not so long ago :).

Thanks! To be honest I almost feel bad pulling him on a free banner when so many people are being surrounded by a sea of blue. But hey, it does drag me straight into looking at TM grinding and stuff and further away from the beginner stuff. Think I probably prefer this to Dokkan Battle already.

Netted a second Zyrus today too though so that luck is probably coming to its end very soon. Likely right in time to eat all my tickets on the anniversary event.

Kouriozan

Gumi releasing 5* Lulu "not much better than 4* William" right before CG Sakura who is a powerhouse really is something
Now we are glad Global can't fall in the same traps.

Xion86

So what's the verdict on the 300 lapis ticket? I've been grabbing it daily since its close enough to a half price pull. Right choice?

Curious if others are grabbing this too? I've only bought it twice so far.

Free: Exdeath
Daily half price: GOLD....Warrior of Light (well that was unexpected, that's my 10th one though.)

Curious if others are grabbing this too? I've only bought it twice so far.

In my doomed hunt for Zyrus, I've been buying the 300 lapis bundle everyday, basically making it 3 pulls every morning (free summon, 1/2 pull, and ticket). I wouldn't say it was lapis well spent, given that I still haven't gotten the bastard. But with the daily reward being 90 lapis, I see it as a second 1/2 pull.

Alkez

So I now have 11 Crimson Blood Moogles and no unit slots left. I think I'll keep 5 at a time. If I get Reberta from dailies by Thursday then there'll most likely be enough time to get 20 moogles again.

I've been buying it because I regretted not getting them during the Easter banner. The way I see it is an 11 pull costs around 450 lapis per unit so this is a good deal.

Pejo

Ok does anyone have a leader than can one shot the plant at the end of Shadow of the Empire's pro difficulty? Unfortunately Orlandeau can't since his damage isn't best when spread out and Noctis just doesn't seem to have the power.

Damn thing keeps killing me no matter what I try either with a barrage of hits to OHKO or a massive poison attack to do the same. I dunno why he's so damn hard. He's killing friend Orlandeau units with 6k+ in that one hit :/

I'd skip it, but I only need 5 calamity writs and 10 faeries writs to for Orlandeau and was hoping to bag some here.

Ah thanks! I think I've used yours a few times and the build stuck out as a pretty strong one. That will give me a bunch of TM's to work towards.

Not sure if you cleared this yet, but if you're having a problem with the plant, just use Blizzard Flask every turn with Noctis. Each of the 4 parts can be stopped, so they can't attack/do anything for 3 turns, and then you can just keep re-applying. It makes the fight so much easier. If I remember correctly, after you have them stopped, the order to take them down is B-C-D-A.

In my doomed hunt for Zyrus, I've been buying the 300 lapis bundle everyday, basically making it 3 pulls every morning (free summon, 1/2 pull, and ticket). I wouldn't say it was lapis well spent, given that I still haven't gotten the bastard. But with the daily reward being 90 lapis, I see it as a second 1/2 pull.

Same here. Nothing of worth to be had from it.

I've been buying it because I regretted not getting them during the Easter banner. The way I see it is an 11 pull costs around 450 lapis per unit so this is a good deal.

Yeah this was my thinking. It gets you 18 pulls for 4900 as opposed to 11 for 5000. Well, it would if it ran that long anyway. Figured I may as well hoard them for now. Doubt I'll do any more 11 pulls to be honest and just save it for the discounted pulls.

across

It's almost always worth buying tickets around the 300 lapis mark, especially if an account is as fresh as yours. In your case particularly, it's an extra, cheap way to access various 3* and 4* base units. More broadly, lapis spent on a ticket can be reinvested on an attractive banner at any point in the future.

Your personal willpower factors into the practical value of buying tickets somewhat, but we should have some really attractive banners coming up with some good 3* and 4* base units (Abel, Ashe, Rikku) and spending some lapis now gives you additional attempts at them when they arrive.

The only real way I can see tickets not being "worth it" is if you want to save all of your lapis for 10+1 pulls to chase rainbows. You're nowhere near the point where this is a good strategy (if it ever is, which I personally doubt) so: buy the tickets and save them.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
i'm subtweeting here from a few pages back, but i've been playing for 9 months, i'm pretty sure i know what rates look and feel like. gold rates are clearly down.

Muku

Given how many times WKN hasn't been mentioned in a "how to" guide and I've breezed it thanks to him, I'm pretty sure almost nobody has him.

I have WKN. I usually use Cecil though since I've had him longer. Have been working on potting him up when I get a chance though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom