• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixa

Need that apron for Olive. Need that rod mastery for TT!

My problem is that I have 0 reason to pull. Thus I try to stay that way in this banner, no pulls. Hopefully I can do it :D. Granted I have plan that I might use some Lapis to nrg to speed up my TM train *choo choo choo*. Not sure that I have time to TM farm so hard.

Rixa

Is it safe to discard most 1 and 2* units hanging on to the few with a good TM? My 150 character slots are filling up fast.

Yeah. No reason to keep them. if they are Friend Point gacha pulls. Some story characters came as 2* so don't discard them (Fina for example).

Yeah. No reason to keep them. if they are Friend Point gacha pulls. Some story characters came as 2* so don't discard them (Fina for example).

I'm really hoping I haven't already made the mistake of doing that actually. I haven't noticed any other story characters in my box outside of Rain and Laswell

Hrmmm so the banner has some good TMs. I want an Apron for Olive but I haven't been TM farming for some time and don't really feel like starting again until the NRG increase. The sword is niche but cool, the SPR increase TM will be nice later. Fohlen looks cool, but as a unit I wouldn't use him and I have 5 Black Cowls so his hat is nice but nothing I really need. So I dunno I might pull I might not. /shrug. I will be blowing at least 1k Lapis on the story event for crysts though.

across

it's another no one pulls on banner but everyone ends up with fohlen anyways episode

I just want Amelia for my Olive (and Arena fuckery), then I'm tapping out.

Given how many pulls it took me to get Grace (who I wasn't at all trying for) on the way to pick up Wilhelm, though, I'm not optimistic.

Excited for Story Events though.

evangd007

Tried Trial Titan twice this morning. First time I accidentally thresholded on turn 2. Apparently Lightning, Orlandu, and Cupid Luna Chainsaw chain better than I thought they would. Second time I tried to take it slow and ended up coming up short on turn 4 and wiping.

Kouriozan

I saw in Japan for their story event, you can pick up the banner units as "guests", this is amazing.
I wonder when we'll get it though.

Example :

YUNPOfH.jpg

By the end of the map you can pick anyone on the banner.

bonkeng

it's another no one pulls on banner but everyone ends up with fohlen anyways episode
Hrmmm so the banner has some good TMs. I want an Apron for Olive but I haven't been TM farming for some time and don't really feel like starting again until the NRG increase. The sword is niche but cool, the SPR increase TM will be nice later. Fohlen looks cool, but as a unit I wouldn't use him and I have 5 Black Cowls so his hat is nice but nothing I really need. So I dunno I might pull I might not. /shrug. I will be blowing at least 1k Lapis on the story event for crysts though.

Lol. Calling it now. Both of you will get Fohlen.

Pulling each and every 5* banner unit consistently it almost feels like you both have unlimited Luck or Lapis or Cheat Code :D

For Tidus , by adding a second sword, you won't be able to equip another weapon type to take advantage of 'mastery' materias (such as blade mastery with Genji blade for instance).
But you do benefit from having two water type weapons on each hand if you equip his Brotherhood/Fraternity TM sword.

There was a thread on Reddit about building elemental chain twice as fast by equipping your chainers with 2 matching elements instead of one. Fryevia with Aqua blade was discussed there as well.

Yeah you're right. Specially with Lorraine's TM which gives +15% atk with Sword/GSword/Dagger/Katana equipped.

Regarding double elemental weapon, does that mean it will be twice as fast to hit the cap if 2 Orlandus are equipped with 2 Excaliburs?

Given how many pulls it took me to get Grace (who I wasn't at all trying for) on the way to pick up Wilhelm, though, I'm not optimistic.

And there's 2 4* units in this banner as well. Good luck with Amelia.

My problem is that I have 0 reason to pull. Thus I try to stay that way in this banner, no pulls. Hopefully I can do it :D. Granted I have plan that I might use some Lapis to nrg to speed up my TM train *choo choo choo*. Not sure that I have time to TM farm so hard.

This will well put my olive past the 1200 atk range! Give it to me noooooowwwww!!!

I took a break from TM farming as well but this past week got back into it and completed 4, felt good. Currently cooking to Abels and 3 Shines with another 3 shines waiting to jump in.

Very excited for story events, always love more to do in this game. Going for Amelia for her TM as I already have 2 Setzers, Noct, and Ling for the arena foolishness haha.

Alkez

Regarding double elemental weapon, does that mean it will be twice as fast to hit the cap if 2 Orlandus are equipped with 2 Excaliburs?

From my understanding both units need to use 2 different elemental weapons, like Excalibur and Deathbringer. The obvious issue is the lack of 1 elemental imperial, and the only units that I know that can do this the fullest capacity are Du and Dark Veritas, as their moves chain, they provide different elemental debuffs, and can both weild each others element.

across

And there's 2 4* units in this banner as well. Good luck with Amelia.

Yeah, this is dreadful and has me second-guessing if it's worth it. Amelia's TM is 57 ATK for Olive. Monster Breastplate, her previous BIS, is 33 ATK. Is it worth throwing a bunch of tickets into the void for 24 ATK? Objectively I think the answer is no, but...

It is also a huge amount of SPR though, wildly more than any non-Robe armor in the game and 4 above the best Robes we have available right now as well. Should be the second-best Ramza armor in the game behind Rainbow Robe.

I dunno. We'll see.

Pejo

Gold Member
Still no WoL6 news, there's still a chance we get the info tomorrow morning I guess, but it's not looking good.

New units seem to suck, but some decent TMs in the group, especially for Olive. I'll probably do a single 10+1 and hope I get at least one Camille and Amelia.

Burnt through some raid coins and arena tickets and got my new Aileen to level 100 and almost max ATK pots, new Ace to 97 and max MAG pots, and Rem max almost every pot stat. I'm really excited to build my workhorse Rem, might share her over a DPS character if there's a tough trial in the mix in the future.

Also, only need 4 more Yda's to finish her TM and get Ling to 100% evade build. It'll be nice to have that in my pocket in the future I'm sure.

Productive FFBE night.

I'm at the point where I feel like it's going to be hard to build my team anymore unless I start pulling some higher ranked units. There's only so much you can do when you haven't even seen a gold in a month of pulling dailys.

Muku

I didn't play Sun and Moon because I wasn't really feeling it (and Nintendo made the mistake of releasing a week late in Europe, by which time the whole story was up on YouTube lol), but if they announce DPP remake I'll come back to the series in a heartbeat.

Because I'm a PokeNerd I have both Sun and Moon in English. (Yeah, I know we can pick languages now... but for system wise.) I still need to pick up a copy in Japanese. Not being in Japan anymore now means I gotta import that version. :(

To be honest, Sun and Moon isn't my least favorite Gen, but it's not my favorite either. I just don't know how to feel about it. But to be honest I'm not really motivated. Think I'm finally almost done with catching the legendaries and whatever else they call them. (Just got up and can't recall off hand.) So while I've beat Sun... I finally gotta get to Moon.

I don't blame ya though. I've kind of fallen out of the Poke Community for most part once Sun/Moon came out. I've just no real desire to talk about S/M. I was kind of hoping a B/W redo. A B/W would be amazing as it's the game that brought me back in hard.

Not sure how to feel about Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon though.

Muku

Hey Gumi, so you said we'd finally get WoL this week right?!

2zcyO.gif

I think Gumi is thinking we got Orlandu this year that we should shut up and be happy. Next year we will get Tidus. Then the year after that Cloud. Then maybe the year after that WoL 6*.

Alkez

Because I'm a PokeNerd I have both Sun and Moon in English. (Yeah, I know we can pick languages now... but for system wise.) I still need to pick up a copy in Japanese. Not being in Japan anymore now means I gotta import that version. :(

To be honest, Sun and Moon isn't my least favorite Gen, but it's not my favorite either. I just don't know how to feel about it. But to be honest I'm not really motivated. Think I'm finally almost done with catching the legendaries and whatever else they call them. (Just got up and can't recall off hand.) So while I've beat Sun... I finally gotta get to Moon.

I don't blame ya though. I've kind of fallen out of the Poke Community for most part once Sun/Moon came out. I've just no real desire to talk about S/M. I was kind of hoping a B/W redo. A B/W would be amazing as it's the game that brought me back in hard.

Not sure how to feel about Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon though.

I think for me it was a combination of things. I didn't like XYs story "mode". I just found it really boring. Then with Sun and Moon the story looked different and I was definitely interested, but when they said they were going to release it a week late in Europe I didn't see the point when I only wanted to see the story and I could just watch it on YouTube.

I think they realised that was a mistake because Ultras seems to be back to a universal release date like XY was. That being said having watched Sun and Moon I felt like the game was really empty. I don't know how to explain it. It felt like every town you went to had no one in it if that makes sense lol. They also need to do a better job at keeping the story under wraps because we basically knew everything before the game came out. I'm not sure if I'll play the new one yet.

I know it was a long shot but I was really hoping for DPP remake. For me that is the best in the series (my favourite will always be the originals though). Story content and competitive were just on point back then. And Cynthia is just an OG lol. Would love to battle her again with upgraded graphics.

Edit: Also agree with you on BW. That was an under appreciated series imo. I felt like those game had the best story because it really made you question everything we knew about the world of pokemon up until that point. Like was capturing and battling even ethical. I know it's only a game in a make believe world but it's things I had never really thought of until those games. I was impressed that they managed to make you question if the bad guys were actually even the bad guys at all.

Man the TM grind truly is excruciating. Even with a macro just having all those tasty carrots on sticks waiting for me is a killer. Right now I got Blade Mastery, Excalibur, Dual Wield and Buckler all in the works at about 30%. I want my Orlandeau to hit like a real one already :(

I expect to be doing this a lot though anyway but just having that one OP unit of my own would really open up some doors. I'd burn lapis on it but with 61 NRG it would feel like a massive waste.

Pejo

Gold Member
So how does this Kelsius shard thing work out? The way I've calculated it, there's no possible way to get enough shards before the end of the month, even if they keep the daily quest on after Titan raid is finished.

Muku

Man the TM grind truly is excruciating. Even with a macro just having all those tasty carrots on sticks waiting for me is a killer. Right now I got Blade Mastery, Excalibur, Dual Wield and Buckler all in the works at about 30%. I want my Orlandeau to hit like a real one already :(

I expect to be doing this a lot though anyway but just having that one OP unit of my own would really open up some doors. I'd burn lapis on it but with 61 NRG it would feel like a massive waste.

I hear you on that. Slowly getting mine up. Got Excal and Genji Blade recently which has been a big boost. Demon Mail yesterday. Working on a Blade Mastery now. (Orlandu jacked CoD's DW when I got him.. but have since gotten her a new one.) Slow process but it's exciting. :)

Once I get mine pretty set up gotta figure at looking to get Large Sword Mastery though.

Alkez, that's what i liked. I was normally never overly into the stories but B/W was just so darn good. Never huge into D/P, but I'd dig a redo of that as well. But yeah, the originals are so good. Think my fav is Silver then Red though. :x (Silver introduced Lugia and Umbreon... ブラキー is the best~)

I guess we'll get the WoL news tomorrow, likely hold off to get people to pull for Wilhelm as long as possible.

Now I just need you number crunchers to figure out if this water sword paired with Brotherhood is the optimum weapon configuration for Tidus so I know if I should use a few tickets to get the unit with it. I didn't plan on using any before FFX or Anniversary but since she'll be the easy unit to get that they'll spam with this banner, shouldn't be painful and I DO mean to get Tidus.

Zalasta

Nearly two weeks doing daily on this banner and not a single one pulled, not even a 3*. When you're on a bad streak, your luck is really terrible >.>

The newest exploration is awesome for grinding rank and the megacrysts for rings (ice/fire/dark).

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
-- MEGA MEDIUS is my favorite thing I've seen in this thread for a while

-- i'm half-heartedly doing the raid at this point. i got what i needed and will end up with all the prizes.

-- after landing Reberta i've made a major comeback on lapis and tickets, down from 0/0 to 3000 lapis and 11 tickets. y'all tell me when i should go all out again?

-- someone was asking for another Yun to chain with. i can make him my leader if you need, if you agree to show me how to chain with him in return?

-- right now i'm mostly TM farming and am almost done maxing Yun with what I have, then I'll be looking at building out Reberta with my 3rd DW. Anyone have a good build of her?

-- a week after saying that i still enjoy the arena, i can't be bothered at all with it this week. rewards for being in the top 10K aren't nearly good enough for the effort. I'm not sure if they doubled it it would be good enough.

robotuw

Out of curiosity I tried making a Gilgamesh build with Camille's TM

Gilgamesh 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Moon Blade +118ATK+Dark Element
Left Hand: Aqua Blade +90ATK+Water Element
Head: Imperial Helm +18ATK+15DEF+15%Fire
Body: Monster Breastplate +12ATK/MAG+46DEF
Accessory 1: Bracer +30ATK+15%HP
Accessory 2: Bracer +30ATK+15%HP
Ability 1: Dark Knight's Soul +30%ATKw/Sword +20%ATKw/HeavyArmor
Ability 2: Quick Assault +30%ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 3: Quick Assault +30%ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 4: Quick Assault +30%ATK +10%Evasion
Pot Stats: HP: 510 MP: 65 ATK: 26 DEF: 26 MAG: 26 SPR: 26
Total Stats: HP: 6624 MP: 215 ATK: 770 DEF: 255 MAG: 152 SPR: 142

He's one of the few people with sword mastery and it still isn't very good. I guess it's an easier build to make? All 4* or fewer TM's except the moonblade. The build doesn't use any trial items either, so he could be a good backup DPS alongside Orlandu or whoever.

GG-Duo

So how does this Kelsius shard thing work out? The way I've calculated it, there's no possible way to get enough shards before the end of the month, even if they keep the daily quest on after Titan raid is finished.

You have until the end of July. They'll give us enough.

CGwizz

Its a tactic in these types of games to make people log in every day, they will give us 300 shards only and you need to log in every single day probably.

CGwizz

Joke is on them, everyone here still log in every single day regardless!!!

i know i will xD

In yu gi oh duel links game they sometimes will make a promotion that will give 1 card and 4 items , its suposed to be random but the card that is what everyone wants only appears the last , so you need to login the 5 days to get it :p

Pejo

Gold Member
Out of curiosity I tried making a Gilgamesh build with Camille's TM

*snip*

He's one of the few people with sword mastery and it still isn't very good. I guess it's an easier build to make? All 4* or fewer TM's except the moonblade. The build doesn't use any trial items either, so he could be a good backup DPS alongside Orlandu or whoever.

I'm fairly sure Monster breastplate doesn't give you the 2nd buff in Dark Knight's Soul, so you'd gain a bit more doing Demon Mail, but yea still not amazing. The other bad part is the dual elements screwing up your chains and damages.

You have until the end of July. They'll give us enough.

Its a tactic in these types of games to make people log in every day, they will give us 300 shards only and you need to log in every single day probably.

Yea, I just assumed for some reason this was a June reward thing. I guess there isn't anything to keep them from stretching it over 1-3 months.

Muku

So many king cactaurs, not enough holy/sacred crystals :-(

This is my issue on both my main and alt account. :( Been working on a list of units on both since I've got free time with NRG lately. (Which I love. Having more units that do other things for possibly future use is great.) But last couple of days stopped opening up EXP and doing Awakening Chamber. Need an unrealistic amount of Sacred Crystals now. Ugh. Will be doing this from now until end of time.

Fortunately, the farming I did yesterday on alt was enough to get Mercedes from 4* cap to 5*. Then with the Cactaur rolled right through 5* and up to cap 6*. Replaced Chizuru right now for Mercedes to see how this goes.

Word on the reddit street is that Setzer will be a good unit for this trial like he was for the Kefka event as one of the two trial bosses has absurdly high defense. I've got 2 and only one is maxed. Need to level up the other just in case.

Up to 200k raid coins, and it has only been 5 days. I can't wait to waste an hour or so of my life pulling and going through all this shit when it ends.

evangd007

-- someone was asking for another Yun to chain with. i can make him my leader if you need, if you agree to show me how to chain with him in return?

That was me, but I beat the trial by being a dirty rotten cheater and force closing the app whenever I got a tumult-pocalypse or suicide cover. I had 5-6 tumult turns that left half my team dead and the rest in the red, and 0-1 tumult turns where nobody was below half health. Nobody got time to deal with that kind of RNG.

Winning team:
- Y'shtola
- Cecil
- Lightning
- Mercedes (Warcry +2)
- Cupid Luna (40% breaks and Chainsaw)
- Friend Orlandu

Divine Ruination/Crushing Blow/Chainsaw chains are much more effective than one would think.

I'll happily go over Yun chains:

- best to do it with wind element. Kaiser knuckle on Yun and Air Knife or Survival Edges on Setzer

- Yun's Raging Bird frames are 38-3-4-2-4-3-2-3-2 and Setzer's Red Card frames are 42-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3, so you want to activate Setzer first followed closely by Yun. Yun's irregular frames makes it prone to breaking, however, and there isn't much you can do about that outside of scripting the chain.

frame data source (w/ others): https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6ct7uc/frame_delays_for_many_popular_chaining_moves/

what's your setzer build look like?

Currently nothing special on him as he's using his arena setup: Rising Sun and Second Knife, 2 domination rings, black belt gi, black bandana, 4 follower's oaths. I can pull some Quick Assaults, a power of creation, and some seals of destruction to buff him up that would be taking away from my orlandus. If it turns out they are useless (highly unlikely but we'll see won't we) then I will just get him as close to OP as I can which took him to 736 attack using Rising Sun, Venomous Edge, Brave Suit, Black Cowl, Infernal Armlet, Bracer, Power of creation, atk +30%, Seal of Destruction, and Dual Wield.

tuffymon

That was me, but I beat the trial by being a dirty rotten cheater and force closing the app whenever I got a tumult-pocalypse or suicide cover. I had 5-6 tumult turns that left half my team dead and the rest in the red, and 0-1 tumult turns where nobody was below half health. Nobody got time to deal with that kind of RNG.
[/url]

Normally I'd argue otherwise, but the RNG of Tumult is beyond ridiculous... I had 8 go off in a round, broken with def up noone survives that... I hope I won't have to do such dirty work on other trials.

I hear you on that. Slowly getting mine up. Got Excal and Genji Blade recently which has been a big boost. Demon Mail yesterday. Working on a Blade Mastery now. (Orlandu jacked CoD's DW when I got him.. but have since gotten her a new one.) Slow process but it's exciting. :)

Once I get mine pretty set up gotta figure at looking to get Large Sword Mastery though.

Alkez, that's what i liked. I was normally never overly into the stories but B/W was just so darn good. Never huge into D/P, but I'd dig a redo of that as well. But yeah, the originals are so good. Think my fav is Silver then Red though. :x (Silver introduced Lugia and Umbreon... ブラキー is the best~)

I think with Orlandeau if you can get anywhere near 850 ATK you can cheese the espers for large sword mastery. To be honest if you were to use one of the stronger Orlandeau friends like HippoPunchers +1k I'd imagine you could do it well before 850 ATK. I'd have given it a go myself but I'm stuck at around 550~ until the TMs pop

Visceir

Word on the reddit street is that Setzer will be a good unit for this trial like he was for the Kefka event as one of the two trial bosses has absurdly high defense. I've got 2 and only one is maxed. Need to level up the other just in case.

Prob because O'Zack (prominent JP player used setzer cheese to beat the trials), you can't stack killers on GL though so I don't see that happening on GL tbh.

Ultros just has crazy high physical def, it still takes plenty dmg from mag. Meanwhile if I remember right Typhoon will have really high mag def.

I'm guessing Fryevias should be a quite good unit for next trial -- hybrid dmg covering both mag/physical, typhoon already is vulnerable to ice and she has aoe -50% atk debuff.

Prophanity

Neo Member
Had this error nearly 10 times this morning when trying to use up my full Raid Orbs :( managed to eventually get in later on though.

Hello and welcome! :) I've made one more spot for you and sent over a request.

Already another Trial and also new Story event :eek: the content is coming in hard! This is great :). I'll be sticking to Daily pulls in the next banner again and saving up my tickets (71 so far!).

Daily today was Shadow, actually made me lol.

Yes i saw the request, thanks! Always nice to have another Orlandeau friend on the roster. Only way I'm getting through the Elite Raid ATM.

I have a hard time holding back on my ticket draws sadly. Only got 22 (including 2 4* tix)

Prob because O'Zack (prominent JP player used setzer cheese to beat the trials), you can't stack killers on GL though so I don't see that happening on GL tbh.

Ultros just has crazy high physical def, it still takes plenty dmg from mag. Meanwhile if I remember right Typhoon will have really high mag def.

I'm guessing Fryevias should be a quite good unit for next trial -- hybrid dmg covering both mag/physical, typhoon already is vulnerable to ice and she has aoe -50% atk debuff.

I'm going to try it with my standard 2 Orlandu, Trance Terra, Friend Orlandu setup with Noct evade tanking and running high ele resists. If it fails I'll swap out the two Orlandu's for Setzers and see how that goes. I'm going to try and search youtube for that O'Zack guy when I get home. Yeah Frey sounds like she'd be amazing here.

Lyrian

Hey guys, Look what I created today!

BK2YJFs.png

HsIe8QO.png

0SGgngA.png

Why? Because I'm insane.
Also, costed me 1000 lapis to get 4 G-crysts. Also, wearing 4 x Quick Assaults. His Atk just sucks no matter what.

You, sir, are living the good life.

That'sdamngood.jpg

Up to 200k raid coins, and it has only been 5 days. I can't wait to waste an hour or so of my life pulling and going through all this shit when it ends.

Living the FFBE dream.... believe!

So many king cactaurs, not enough holy/sacred crystals :-(

This is my issue on both my main and alt account. :( Been working on a list of units on both since I've got free time with NRG lately. (Which I love. Having more units that do other things for possibly future use is great.) But last couple of days stopped opening up EXP and doing Awakening Chamber. Need an unrealistic amount of Sacred Crystals now. Ugh. Will be doing this from now until end of time.

Fortunately, the farming I did yesterday on alt was enough to get Mercedes from 4* cap to 5*. Then with the Cactaur rolled right through 5* and up to cap 6*. Replaced Chizuru right now for Mercedes to see how this goes.

The artificial lack of holy crystals is highly frustrating. It's funny how common T4s (sacreds) and T6s (divines) are, but holy crystals are found almost nowhere outside of the awakening vortex, a few story boss levels (why did the latest story release have bosses that never dropped anything?), and the maze (when it shows up maybe once a month a few days).

So incredibly lame.

Visceir

From my understanding both units need to use 2 different elemental weapons, like Excalibur and Deathbringer. The obvious issue is the lack of 1 elemental imperial, and the only units that I know that can do this the fullest capacity are Du and Dark Veritas, as their moves chain, they provide different elemental debuffs, and can both weild each others element.

There are units like Seven with -70% ice/fire/lighting res down and Ace in future with -75% fire/light/lightning res down that will mitigate that issue. Likewise if your capper has a high elemental imperil (like enhanced DKC on JP with -100% dark res down) it might be worthwhile to go dual-element.

In the case of water sword for fryevia my thought process was that if you had Tidus (who has -100% water res down on LB) and used another friend Tidus for chains you could possibly add ice/water sword Fryevia into the mix and get her dmg boosted by the additional water res break.

Curious, do I feed my 4 spare Y'shtola's to the levelled up one or do I keep them around for an eventual TM farm? I've read that it stacks so figured they may come in handy to tank? Not sure I'll need 5 though. Advice?

It's long and boring, but I have a Ling that can solo the Dark Esper trial... do I need to put her back up for people? /edit flist?

I would take the offer but afaik the main thing I'm after, Large Sword Mastery, is tied to no KO's anyway.

tuffymon

It's long and boring, but I have a Ling that can solo the Dark Esper trial... do I need to put her back up for people? /edit flist?

Brother Lyrian, I request your mathematical genius in determining if that sword paired with Brotherhood is the optimum setup for Tidus. I've been wondering what's the best option for his other hand for a while now. I have a second Excalibur in the TM farm group just in case or could give him Genji Blade but another water weapon is probably the best option? Does a unit auto chain with itself in this instance no matter what for auto and physical attacks skills?

Hmm I don't have anything to do with my NRG at the moment so maybe I should bite the bullet and get that sword :p It will be brutal but I can just keep it on the side while I play FFXIV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom