• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broseybrose

Hello and welcome! :) I've made one more spot for you and sent over a request.

Already another Trial and also new Story event :eek: the content is coming in hard! This is great :). I'll be sticking to Daily pulls in the next banner again and saving up my tickets (71 so far!).

Daily today was Shadow, actually made me lol.

You used to listen to GFW radio, didnt you? I can always tell when someone's channeling Jeff Green!

Alkez

Brother Lyrian, I request your mathematical genius in determining if that sword paired with Brotherhood is the optimum setup for Tidus. I've been wondering what's the best option for his other hand for a while now. I have a second Excalibur in the TM farm group just in case or could give him Genji Blade but another water weapon is probably the best option?

This is Doctor No's answer from earlier.

For Tidus , by adding a second sword, you won't be able to equip another weapon type to take advantage of 'mastery' materias (such as blade mastery with Genji blade for instance).
But you do benefit from having two water type weapons on each hand if you equip his Brotherhood/Fraternity TM sword.

The one thing I will say is that if you don't have the moogles saved up to get Brotherhood as soon as you get Tidus then WSS is the best alternative. Otherwise go with the above. (Note that you wouldn't​ be able to capitalise on the dual wield effect if you used it on this way).

tuffymon

I would take the offer but afaik the main thing I'm after, Large Sword Mastery, is tied to no KO's anyway.

Your right, but if ling auto attacks, and jake, hayate, xon, or whoever you use that can hide, you just make a macro that hits repeat~ this still takes like 2 hours though >.>; ling kills them in the worst way possible... paper cuts them to death

This is Doctor No's answer from earlier.

The one thing I will say is that if you don't have the moogles saved up to get Brotherhood as soon as you get Tidus then WSS is the best alternative. Otherwise go with the above.

I saw that post but it doesn't make a final decision on what's better between the two if you have Brotherhood haha I guess there's no way of knowing at this point unless people have chained with two of the same element with another character.

I actually started hoarding my 10% Moogles ever since the Arena became too much of a chore to stay in the top 30k and also because I've learned the more essential of my TMs for the most part and am expecting the FFX banner fairly soon so I wanted to do just as you said, get Brotherhood instantly. I actually just checked where I'm at after earning the 10% from the individual Raid awards and it turns out I'm already over 100% so yep, it will be mine day 1 when I get him. I will get him. I will.

Your right, but if ling auto attacks, and jake, hayate, xon, or whoever you use that can hide, you just make a macro that hits repeat~ this still takes like 2 hours though >.>; ling kills them in the worst way possible... paper cuts them to death

Yeah since I already got the esper one this time I'd just bring Hayate by himself and hide every turn.

robotuw

What does Ling need to have to pull it off? Just 100% evade and a non-elemental weapon or is there more to it?

Interesting idea. I'm gonna have to see if I have any characters with Hide. It would be handy to have the LBM ability ready for when the excalibur is finally done.

Edit: Turns out I do with Soleil. Might actually give this a shot perhaps. Would Soleil need to survive anything at all or would spamming hide keep her fully out of harms way?

Svafnir

How much Lapis does everyone have saved for the anniversary? I'm at 21,000 right now. Hoping for some really good banners as I still don't have any 5* base characters.

Broseybrose

Interesting idea. I'm gonna have to see if I have any characters with Hide. It would be handy to have the LBM ability ready for when the excalibur is finally done.

Edit: Turns out I do with Soleil. Might actually give this a shot perhaps. Would Soleil need to survive anything at all or would spamming hide keep her fully out of harms way?

Jake (story character) has hide as well.

robotuw

How much Lapis does everyone have saved for the anniversary? I'm at 21,000 right now. Hoping for some really good banners as I still don't have any 5* base characters.

By the time it happens, probably 34k lapis and 80 tickets. F**kin' bring it Gumi.

need 100% fire, and water/dark must = 200% to have 100% resist.

Hot damn, how is that even possible? Care to share the build?

tuffymon

What does Ling need to have to pull it off? Just 100% evade and a non-elemental weapon or is there more to it?

just hide the entire time for large sword mastery. if you want the moogle you have to make a separate run and bring 2 hiders (to suicide summon)

Since the start of the fight does 30% dark resist down, Ling should just defend until it wears off, but use chakra if necessary. After the debuff wears off, you're invincible. I recommend locking onto Ifrit and killing him first, as the other way around he gets a permanent defense boost if Siren dies first...

Celegus

I have 14k and a bit over 100 tickets + 2 4* tickets. I'm not real interested if it's a player's choice banner, next big thing for me is Rikku/Tidus.

About 10k and 30 tickets. I keep falling for the daily summon and getting trash otherwise I'd probably have more.

just hide the entire time for large sword mastery. if you want the moogle you have to make a separate run and bring 2 hiders (to suicide summon)

Since the start of the fight does 30% dark resist down, Ling should just defend until it wears off, but use chakra if necessary. After the debuff wears off, you're invincible. I recommend locking onto Ifrit and killing him first, as the other way around he gets a permanent defense boost if Siren dies first...

Not worried about the moogle for now since I can always go back for it when my team is stronger. Not sure I'f I've got you on my FL though. ID is 959,592,534

tuffymon

18945386_10154949714157885_1033990525_n.png

using diabolos as a summon for 50%

there we go~ she's up and shared, who needs a friend invite?

added you udlr

using diabolos as a summon for 50%

there we go~ she's up and shared, who needs a friend invite?

added you udlr

Thanks a bunch. Going to get started on it now whenever the friend list decides to refresh. Have you added but still hasn't added you to the pool I can choose just yet for some reason.

Do a run of earth shrine, or log out/in

That did it. Just made the laziest macro ever too. Use hide, use attack. Record spamming repeat and done lol

Broseybrose

Ive got 25K Lapis and 40 tix banked. One 4* ticket also.

Also just broke 10M Gil! Woot!

edit- AND just farmed my first Ring of Lucii!

Lyrian

Brother Lyrian, I request your mathematical genius in determining if that sword paired with Brotherhood is the optimum setup for Tidus. I've been wondering what's the best option for his other hand for a while now. I have a second Excalibur in the TM farm group just in case or could give him Genji Blade but another water weapon is probably the best option? Does a unit auto chain with itself in this instance no matter what for auto and physical attacks skills?

Hmm I don't have anything to do with my NRG at the moment so maybe I should bite the bullet and get that sword :p It will be brutal but I can just keep it on the side while I play FFXIV.

Adding onto what was already said before....

If you are looking at the strength of Tidus's water attack, then you don't want to to split his attacking element in half by equiping an Excalibur (half water, half light in that scenario).

On the other hand as Alkez and Doctor No pointed out, by equipping the same weapon type in both hands, you give up being able to exploit different weapon masteries on a unit (wielding two swords does not double the benefit of Sword Mastery).

Therefore, assuming you are wielding Tidus's TM sword, to obtain the most ATK benefits via masteries, you would want to equip a non-elemental weapon that you do have a mastery for in the other hand (so that you do not dilute the effectiveness of the water element of the sword).

Very fortunately, by the time Tidus is released, there will be a freebee 103 ATK non-elemental greatsword released with completing the Aurora key set in the back half the current island (so about 2 weeks from now).

Keep in mind (if I'm reading Tidus's loadout in the wiki correctly), that he does not gain innate Sword Mastery for Brotherhood until he receives enhancements (Sun Crest +2).

Lyrian

27k lapis and 40ish tickets, although I throw some at the upcoming banner for Amelia. Plus burning some lapis to try finish a long, long overdue set of offensive TMs. As one of the very few rainbows I have is Olive, that's a really, really useful TM for me.

Muku

I think with Orlandeau if you can get anywhere near 850 ATK you can cheese the espers for large sword mastery. To be honest if you were to use one of the stronger Orlandeau friends like HippoPunchers +1k I'd imagine you could do it well before 850 ATK. I'd have given it a go myself but I'm stuck at around 550~ until the TMs pop

You think so? Hm. Well, I have a little bit to go. I'm 774 Atk right now. Working on a Blade Mastery now though. Think I'm like 50%, so have a bit to go. If somehow tackle it before I do, let me know how it goes~

Syntsui

I'm seeing quite a lot os suicidal Orlandus as friend units. I thought this was some Aileen exclusive ability but it seems some of you bought Cover from Golem >.>

Considering Golem is supposed to be used with characters that already have natural cover and mitigation innate skills, this is a straight up death sentence to anyone that can't mitigate the damage while covering.

So, new players, don't ever buy Cover from Golem. It's a trap.

tuffymon

I'm seeing quite a lot os suicidal Orlandus as friend units. I thought this was some Aileen exclusive ability but it seems some of you bought Cover from Golem >.>

Considering Golem is supposed to be used with characters that already have natural cover and mitigation innate skills, this is a straight up death sentence to anyone that can't mitigate the damage while covering.

Most people (like myself), used Golem pretty exclusively on our tanks for the highest hp/defense, and bonus cover >.>; This is probably the first event that has shown us it's a terrible idea on Golem, and we can't remove it until our eventual respec

Celegus

Yeah this is the first time I've used Golem not on a tank. Hasn't been an issue for me because Titan dies in one turn. My Yun should be able to take a punch though!

EDarkness

I agree. I've been pretty much avoiding friend units that have Golem equipped. So many units have died because they decided to jump in front of someone to "protect" them from Tumult. I never picked up Cover for my Golem since the tanks I had already had it. I didn't see any point in wasting points on it. Still, it's funny to see some crazy Orlandu jump in front of someone only to die a violent death.

You think so? Hm. Well, I have a little bit to go. I'm 774 Atk right now. Working on a Blade Mastery now though. Think I'm like 50%, so have a bit to go. If somehow tackle it before I do, let me know how it goes~

The other solution is use tuffymon's Ling while she's up with any character with hide. Doing that right now, though you want a macro of smacking repeat once it starts and around 4 hours of letting it run by the looks of it.

Muku

The other solution is use tuffymon's Ling while she's up with any character with hide. Doing that right now, though you want a macro of smacking repeat once it starts and around 4 hours of letting it run by the looks of it.

I thought about an evade unit... but I don't run macros so it'd have to be done manually. :p And I don't plan on just an evening of doing that really.

Rixa

Adding onto what was already said before....

If you are looking at the strength of Tidus's water attack, then you don't want to to split his attacking element in half by equiping an Excalibur (half water, half light in that scenario).

Very fortunately, by the time Tidus is released, there will be a freebee 103 ATK non-elemental greatsword released with completing the Aurora key set in the back half the current island (so about 2 weeks from now).

Keep in mind (if I'm reading Tidus's loadout in the wiki correctly), that he does not gain innate Sword Mastery for Brotherhood until he receives enhancements (Sun Crest +2).

Hmm. Now to get Tidus (yeah right like I would get him). I mean I have the "perfect" greatsword for him. My Tidus will Save the Queen.

J-Tier

6 days in and I'm still super into this game. Usually I'm over a mobile game by now.

Rank 25, two 6 stars, haven't spent a cent. Pretty happy on my progress compared to some of my earliest "friends" that I added. There's a dude that plays everyday who still has a Rain default max lvl as their leader.

speaking of cover, why the hell did they put that female only cover on Setzer, you're already squishy so stop covering those girls dammnit

Alkez

I'm at 40k and 54 tickets. Last time I bought Lapis was the Christmas bundle so all from savings here. Not really aiming for any 5*s. After Aileen I said I'm done chasing. I may go for Ayaka but we'll see.

Are you doing the trial again? Cause the elite version just dies in one round that cover doesn't really matter anyways. For me I can't do the elite unless they have Golem on cause the damage just isn't high enough.

Not that I have cover on my Aileen mind you.

I completely agree though, new players don't get that skill on Golem.

At 9500 and 15 tickets. Don't really know what to expect, so we'll see what happens. I think I'll be daily pulling on this upcoming banner.

12k on iOS and about 54k left on Android. 15 regular tickets and a 4* ticket. Still not sure what I will do with the upcoming banner.

I've managed to pull myself out of the hole that Zyrus put me in in terms of resources, but it's still a pretty meager supply to drop on the next good banner. I have 7k lapis, 17 tickets, and 1 four star ticket.

I used to have a TON of holy crystals saved up, but I must have eaten through them all leveling up random people with all these king cactuars dropping like candy. I only have 3 left and can't awaken anyone. D'oh!!

Is CoA - INT still the best place to farm those? Does it actually help to bring along Xon/Locke? It's been a looooooong damn time since I had to farm a mat.

Xion86

30k, almost 110 tickets, but not for the anniversary, I need my Onion!

My lapis is spread across my iPad, Android and Amazon app unfortunately but I think I'm able to do 3 11+1 pulls. For tickets I'm sitting on 71 and one 4* Guarenteed, but not for the anniversary, I need my Cloud! :p.

If I do end up buying lapis for that banner (will also give Onion a go) it will be on Android or Amazon app. Prices on iOS are absolutely ridiculous.

You used to listen to GFW radio, didnt you? I can always tell when someone's channeling Jeff Green!

No I didn't actually, have no idea what that is :p but now I read back what I wrote and it does seem very TV/Radio presenter like haha.

Daily pull was Russell, yesterday was Shadow...what's going on :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom