• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouta

Didn't get Primm from the SoM event (that 58 pull debacle). Got Luka, but you can't DC her heal. I'm not really keeping up with the damage without DC healing each round, so Luka would be a huge liability unless she is a 2nd healer. Even then, I'm not sure who I'd bench outside of a DPS unit. And then, I'd really rather not trying to whittle away 4m HP with only 1 DPS + Friend unit and need 2 hours to clear the run.

Use Regenerate to supplement the Priestess heal on Luka. It's still probably won't be as effective as a heal Curaja/Curaga right now but it'll be more. Once Luka gets her enhancements, oh boy is she a good healer.

Azuran

Banned
Please go back a page or two and catch up. Bushido is not needed. As long as you keep focus and bar fira up you can heal through the debuff IF you have enough hp.

Good to know.

Everyone has 5000+ HP, with Cecil in the 7500+ range, except for Ling for who's around 4600 so I think I'm good.

basically Zeras guide nails it

Focus, embolden, breaks, barfira need to be maintained

ling and noctis are superstars but other good units are Cecil, refia, Luneth, Gilgamesh, randi etc...

try to stack equipment resist to get 50% or more fire res per unit

yeah that means snagging both shields and flame armor from the story

and snagging the recipe for flame mail abd dumping 15 fire megacrysts begrudgingly like i did lol

linkent

For his radiant move.
First turn and every 3rd turn means
Turn 1, Turn 3-6-9-12 right?

Even after playing for so long.
These turn things still confuse me.

If i cast 3turns buff on turn 1, does the buff gone after i use that turn 3 actions?
And get hit on turn 3 without those buffs?

Killed him few times, but this last one hit me really hard(when i thought all buffs/debuffs are on)
Or maybe it is especially hard on 50% hp.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I figured I should just spend the money and use an Amazon tablet for 19% off - $80 for a game I play daily seems fair.

What follows are the three worst multis. I think about spending more money, hesitant and defeated, but then spot that Amazon glitched and gave me a bonus 9999 coins (made sure to double check that I didn't goof and hit buy twice). So I get another batch of Lapis and on my next pull:

p3za5Ol.jpg

Dreams do come true.

But now I can't play until I deal with this.

ItN0h5P.png

Shouta

Whoa, wait. The King pots are built into the point achievements early on? Man, that's way better than JP where they're like the last things on the list.

Syntsui

These trust moogles should be tied with the units you just pulled, the fact that you can have a bunch of space fodder that will probably never be used is jarring. I'm not even pulling, but looking at someof these pictures, it irked me.

linkent

These trust moogles should be tied with the units you just pulled, the fact that you can have a bunch of space fodder that will probably never be used is jarring. I'm not even pulling, but looking at someof these pictures, it irked me.
4 x olive tm,
2 x queen
1x genji glove

Pretty sure i am gonna pull those soon /sigh

Valentus

Basically Bushido Yourself is not needed like zera said. BUT, when you do full break (i dont know if with ling is the same) there's a chance that the break only affects MAG/SPR and not ATK/DEF. If that happens, you must defend with your weaker units and god helps you if you have the -50% fire res active (even with barfira)

I use my party of:

Rain (Tank and breaker)
Refia (embolden just once and double curaja)
Luka (dont give a fuck about her heal, but that also cures ailments, she can be replaced for CoD or Primm)
Marie (dualcast and protectga, shellga, barfiraga.... etc, can be replaced by cerius)
Olive (the only damage dealer)
Other unit friend.

Basically my strategy is:

1st turn:

-Rain Full Break (if the break is not complete, pray)
-Luka Defend
-Refia embolden
-Marie Dualcast Barfiraga/Shellga
-Olive and friend unit attack

2nd Turn:

-Luka Priestess Heal (cure paralysis)
-Refia Dualcast Curaja
-Marie Dualcast Barfiraga/cura (if heal is full then cast -40% all elements debuff)
-Rain Provoke (if the break the turn before was not complete, then fullbreak again)
-Olive and friend unit attack

3rd turn:

- Rain Recast Fullbreak
- Marie Recast Barfiraga/Shellga
- All the rest the same

Its really easy if you learn the pace of Ifrit.

Whelp. Did 4 more. Got a Rainbow. Fucking Noctis. God dammit. At least I'm done now.

120 pulls for a noctis.

theres no one in this forum that understands you more than I.

Im sorry Hippo, better times will come.

I'm going to be hard pressed to pull on banners that don't have these trust moogles. This is practically pulling double units in my eyes. I'm so much closer to many of the TMs o never thought I'd get.

Xion86

Congrats Kanik! Good luck with reducing the unit count :p.

Finally did it, 1204 coins, didn't need any of that Bushido nonsense.

dHBNjwal.png

I know what to do now, stay buffed, stay alive, deal out the damage bit by bit :p.

Lyrian

... and wiped on Turn 1 again. What the hell?

How in the world am I taking 7k AoE Damage on a buffing/breaking turn where everything lands? This makes no damn sense at all.

Can everyone in GAF with Noctis please use Ifrit and have Paralysis immunity?

Stack any other Evasion of Fire res you can on Friend units guys

Shouta

Why is this not implemented in the US?

It was just recently implemented into JP. Late Jan/early Feb is when it was implemented, I think. I did the 5-star in early Feb myself.

You only get 1 guaranteed 5-star at about 200 EX points while the exclusive unit is 500 EX points. Everyting else is regular tickets and 4-star+ tickets with other mixed rewards. When you max out EX points, I believe it starts a new card.8800 yen is 100 EX points and 12500 Lapis.So 44000 Yen but gets you 62500 Lapis and 500 EX points.

Lorraine, the exclusive unit, is pretty great but not game-breaking tbh. Her TM is crazy good though.

Xion86

I just feared Ifrit in PRO and he ran away.

*dead*

That's brilliant :D haha!!

Congrats!

Were you able to keep summoning despite being over the limit? I didn't realise they updated it.

Yeah it lets you keep going and deal with your issues afterwards...

So yeah, I may have tried more 11 pulls, zero Rainbows. The rates have seriously gone down, it's not like the old days anymore :( defiantly put me off more 11 pulls. My experiance with 11 pulls in the early days were completely different.

Think that was 7 birthday treat 11 pulls with around 15 tickets and a daily :p no one to get excited about apart from another Bracer and couple of Cecil's.

I can't log in during work because the cell service on this military base is literally jammed. But I'll put a Jeweled Ring on my Yun when I get home.

Sorry, guys.

Or I can put up Noctis, Ling, or Marie. What's most helpful as a friend unit?

Azuran

Banned
basically Zeras guide nails it

Focus, embolden, breaks, barfira need to be maintained

ling and noctis are superstars but other good units are Cecil, refia, Luneth, Gilgamesh, randi etc...

try to stack equipment resist to get 50% or more fire res per unit

yeah that means snagging both shields and flame armor from the story

and snagging the recipe for flame mail abd dumping 15 fire megacrysts begrudgingly like i did lol

Oh shit, I didn't know Flame Mail could be crafted. Looks like I'm going to replace one of my damage dealers with Rain just for the breaks, and more fire resitance which gives me a larger change of surviving. Rain can also buff SPR when needed if Cecil is busy with healing so that's good too. I just hope his cover doesn't come back to bite me.

Just wondering, but with pro so easy and elt not so much, what is the point on running elt at all? Won't we get all the rewards and units from busy running pro for the whole event?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Ling and Noctis putting in work bitch. Ling was worth the 5250 Lapis + 25 tickets. -_-

Been seeing some of you use my Noctis ^_^

Doesn't seem like a lot of people can do elite yet. In the top 4k.

Individual rewards are fantastic too, so gonna get them all while TM farm for the next two weeks. Feeling like I'm in a good spot. Those Shera TMs are fantastic. ATK, HP, and FR. Threw both on Luneth, 6k HP, 700+ATK, and 40FR. While Noctis get's Ifirt. Remember to diversify them TMs.

I can't log in during work because the cell service on this military base is literally jammed. But I'll put a Jeweled Ring on my Yun when I get home.

Sorry, guys.

Or I can put up Noctis, Ling, or Marie. What's most helpful as a friend unit?
for me I'd say Yun, I need to kill Ifrit as fast as possible before a bad RNG screws me over

Olive is a damn beast

Just wondering, but with pro so easy and elt not so much, what is the point on running elt at all? Won't we get all the rewards and units from busy running pro for the whole event?

If you refill possibly

i dont know what the max drop is when ifrit is fully leveled but ELT is basically double the rate

evangd007

You'll need to run ELT to place highly. I imagine that you'll be able to get all the achievement rewards running PRO on CD, though I would like number-crunched confirmation.

Azuran

Banned

You don't need to kill him in ELT to get more out of it. If you can get him down to the 30-40% range, you should be getting more points than in PRO. If you can kill him in ELT reliably, then there's no contest.

ELT is undeniably better here because NRG is not a factor in this case.

You'll need to run ELT to place highly. I imagine that you'll be able to get all the achievement rewards running PRO on CD, though I would like number-crunched confirmation.

without refills i could see PRO runned hitting a good number if the server levels up ifrit fast every day

not sure what the hard math will be

Muku

I dunno. Is it me or does the whole personal rewards feel pretty lackluster? I mean you get two whole summon tickets in it all. Rest is bullshit for the mostly bleh characters from this or 6* mats. I'm not even sure how far I'm going to go. I'd like the Moogle at end, but I dunno.

without refills i could see PRO runned hitting a good number if the server levels up ifrit fast every day

not sure what the hard math will be

This is what I'm banking on. I can do about 2.4mil damage to PRO in 1 turn. Probably just going to run this and count on being carried by the whales.

I dunno. Is it me or does the whole personal rewards feel pretty lackluster? I mean you get two whole summon tickets in it all. Rest is bullshit for the mostly bleh characters from this or 6* mats. I'm not even sure how far I'm going to go. I'd like the Moogle at end, but I dunno.

They aren't great but since it doesn't use Lapis I am fine with it.

Edit: I mean NRG not sure why I said Lapis.

if pro gives 5000 pts at max level the. you need 20 kills a day at that rate

pro users may want to consider using refills right when ifrit hits max server bonus

This is where I'm at. I'll keep running it, but I'm going to stay at the PRO level and reap what I can from the raid. I'm not going to sweat it over a couple of tickets and gear for units I don't really care about that are outclassed by normal gear anyway. I think the real bummer is the awakening materials, which basically would guarantee I do nothing with these units if I can't awaken them.

Holy shit Minfilia is a suppport goddess, cactuar dunes can't come soon enough.

Maybe I'm missing something, but she didn't excite me too much. Better than Marie? Am I just missing a skill here that's not standing out to me?

Syntsui

This is where I'm at. I'll keep running it, but I'm going to stay at the PRO level and reap what I can from the raid. I'm not going to sweat it over a couple of tickets and gear for units I don't really care about that are outclassed by normal gear anyway. I think the real bummer is the awakening materials, which basically would guarantee I do nothing with these units if I can't awaken them.

Maybe I'm missing something, but she didn't excite me too much. Better than Marie? Am I just missing a skill here that's not standing out to me?

No one is better than Marie as a support, but she is the best alternative fo whoever doesn't have Marie (which is pretty much the majority here).

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I've had this on my phone since it came out but haven't spent much time actually playing it. Just logging on for daily rewards and stuff. I decided to give it an honest try, since my stamina was capped at like 600 or something and all my inventories were full so I literally couldn't claim anymore dailies.

So that first day, I just dumped a bunch of lapis on material slots, some unit slots, sold a bunch of 1-2 star units I got from the friend point thing. Then I played the game for a few hours with all that stamina. Made a bunch of fast progress in the world map. Now that that 600 stamina is gone I'm not sure how the best time to spend time/stamina as a noob.

The amount of stamina you get in this game seems pretty sad compared to most other gachas I play. I can only do you can only do like 2-3 maps before having to refresh it or wait. Also characters level up sooo slow which makes it feel like I've gotten nothing done with my 20-ish stamina. I'd accumulated some exp cactaurs and stuff I fed to my main leader, but the rest of my guys are are really low. I switched my team around since I realized I was using lame guys that cap at 4 stars when I have a bunch of better guys that cap at 6, but they're all 3 stars right now so I need exp and materials to rank them up.

So what's the best way to spend stamina/lapis to get them back up to snuff so I can do more progress? Is there a trick to leveling your profile rank up quicker so I can get more stamina? I've got like 7k lapis saved up but I already have decent units, so I don't want to spend it on rolling, should I just save it for slots? Are any of the daily bundles worthwhile? Should I just shut up and go read a noob guide? Should I just give up and go back to collecting dailies?

Sorry for the novella

No one is better than Marie as a support, but she is the best alternative fo whoever doesn't have Marie (which is pretty much the majority here).

Okay, gotcha. I know I'm pretty lucky to have Marie (even if I don't actually use her all that much). I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious about Minifilia... like I did with Ling, who sat on my bench since I got her because she just kinda' looked "meh" to me.

Lyrian

That's a big question mark at the moment.

The problem is that the key rewards are Y'shtola at 1.2m points and the trust moogle at 1.6m points.

Right now, only ELT is breaking 10k points per run on a clear. At 10k points per run, that's 120 runs for 1.2 million. That's fairly doable.

Of course, the level bonus will continue to increase. But, no one knows what the cap is. AFAIK, Ifrit got to level 19 in JP (+144%) by the end of the one week period. In only half a day on Global, Ifrit is already almost level 11. This is promising.

However, my mathematical gut feeling says that PRO runners are going to need at least a +200% bonus by the end of the event to have any realistic shot at the end-tier prizes. Is that possible? I think so. But, the server is going to need to push on Ifrit hard for all 14 days.

Interestingly, now that I think about it, there is a deviously evil mechanic in play here. The server is rolling a massive steel ball up an increasingly steep cliff. The steepness of the cliff here is the combination of Ifrit's HP and the 18 hour clock. Stop pushing the ball, and it falls backwards, undoing server progress. Thus, the server has to keep pushing at all times to have a shot at the end-tier rewards.

So far, the game here seems to be fair, for now.

But, I am personally wary of the following happening:

--- Ifrit's HP growth per level up starts to be come exponential in growth per level up. (So far, it's linear).

--- The timer to clear Ifrit's HP starts shortening at higher levels.

--- A combination of the two concerns occurring at once.

So, we shall see. But as with anything gacha related, it always starts easy..... and no one right now has any clue if there are any "Global Exclusive Curveballs" that Gumi implemented that wasn't in the JP version.

Xion86

So I got given 10 lottery tickets for my birthday...because I didn't get any rainbows in 7 10+1 pulls and 15 tickets, maybe my good luck is just around the corner now? :p

About to give ELT another go to see if I can do two wins in a row now I know what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom