• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

My daily was crap. Got my 4* ticket form the raid and got 9S!

My 10+1 ticket this morning gave me Victoria for the guaranteed 4* aaaaand there was a rainbow.

Mercenary Ramza.

I'm not sure If I should be happy it was him or sad it wasn't a banner. Such mixed emotions.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Welcome back! Only thing to keep in mind is if you have some event equipment you'd like to keep. Things like Creepy Mask from Halloween are good... so if you restart, you'll be without those items.

If you reroll for a new account though, prepare yourself for the long haul.

Uhh... yeah... rerolling is prettttty slow hahah. Not sure I have the stomach for it but we'll see.

Well, this game got me again.

I pulled 2B on a random ticket I had sitting around.

I love the meat of the mechanics with the chaining and the finishers and I like that it feels more like an actual RPG than other gatcha games I've played. There's some dicey shit with the banner rates and the prices of things, and I feel like the power creep is absurd but I love the IP and I knew I was going to go crazy and reroll or pull for Nier when the banner hit.

I'm currently spending all day TMR farming, and taking breaks to hit up the raid boss when my orbs refill. My 2B is sitting at a mediocre 616 attack, with the Genji Blade and Kiyomori equipped on her. I need better armor/acc. She's got a leather hat :\

Is there a list of good NPC bought stuff I can look at and spruce her up a bit before I get tmrs on her? I am not very far in the story. Dirnado, Whispering Pass. Should I halt TMR and get through the story?

I shifted T.Terra out for Noctis. I feel like without the right gear to beef up her magic stat I'm better served with Noctis' more support oriented kit. Even if his break is really bad. I'm low key leveling and awakening an Ashe I pulled. She looks really strong for that backup healer/support slot AND her thunder magic would pair real well with 2B's thunder imperil.

My party currently is:
Noctis
Orlandeau
2B
Y'shtola
Riku

I want to try Aigion but I know he'll cream me without the exploit. I'd love to snag one of the "bugged" 2B units if anyone is sharing them to give it a shot.

My friend code is: 101, 021, 140 if anyone wants to add me. 2B HYPE!

Well, this game got me again.

I pulled 2B on a random ticket I had sitting around.

I love the meat of the mechanics with the chaining and the finishers and I like that it feels more like an actual RPG than other gatcha games I've played. There's some dicey shit with the banner rates and the prices of things, and I feel like the power creep is absurd but I love the IP and I knew I was going to go crazy and reroll or pull for Nier when the banner hit.

I'm currently spending all day TMR farming, and taking breaks to hit up the raid boss when my orbs refill. My 2B is sitting at a mediocre 616 attack, with the Genji Blade and Kiyomori equipped on her. I need better armor/acc. She's got a leather hat :\

Is there a list of good NPC bought stuff I can look at and spruce her up a bit before I get tmrs on her? I am not very far in the story. Dirnado, Whispering Pass. Should I halt TMR and get through the story?

I shifted T.Terra out for Noctis. I feel like without the right gear to beef up her magic stat I'm better served with Noctis' more support oriented kit. Even if his break is really bad. I'm low key leveling and awakening an Ashe I pulled. She looks really strong for that backup healer/support slot AND her thunder magic would pair real well with 2B's thunder imperil.

My party currently is:
Noctis
Orlandeau
2B
Y'shtola
Riku

I want to try Aigion but I know he'll cream me without the exploit. I'd love to snag one of the "bugged" 2B units if anyone is sharing them to give it a shot.

My friend code is: 101, 021, 140 if anyone wants to add me. 2B HYPE!

Try to get enough Moogles for her TM and you'll have an awesome Katana through the raid. For added fun and ATK, get Chizuru's trust as well when you can.

tuffymon

Thanks to some of the friend invites I was able to stomp the ADV raid boss and just barely squeak by PRO.

But is there a limit to how many times you can use a friend's unit? They aren't showing up anymore.

For maximum grind which of the raid difficulties should I just run over and over?

Every 3 hours, highest you can safely do, unless you don't care about the rank xp as much as the coins, and dig deep enough on the next difficulty to make it worthwhile...

Vashetti

Banned
Thanks, I figured there was a restriction.

Exploitable raids aside, what are some daily things I should be doing with the main game to improve my units and gain better equipment?

Try and fulfill all the daily missions for 50 lapis.

Win or lose 5 arena matches for 40 lapis.

Try and progress in the main story.

Rixa

Thanks, I figured there was a restriction.

Exploitable raids aside, what are some daily things I should be doing with the main game to improve my units and gain better equipment?

If you want to clear ELT and you have some time. Get my unit and do your things, when everyone else is dead, just put it to auto and check it later again (like 10-15mins).

Try to get enough Moogles for her TM and you'll have an awesome Katana through the raid. For added fun and ATK, get Chizuru's trust as well when you can.

Yeah, I'm trying. Mostly getting Beastlord and 9S's moogles. Tons of Adams.

I've got a 900 something attack 2B on my friendlist so I'll see if I can't tackle some of the older trials and get the large sword mastery + ifrit's claw from them and anything else I can get my hand on.

Otheradam

I pulled a second 9S from my daily yesterday, but not before draining all my resources last Friday for the first... Holding off on the 10+1 til the last day of the Nier banner to see if I manage to get any rainbows (lol) from daily.

Got a Hope for my daily today (kill me now), and a GAFfgarion and Refia for my 10+1 Ticket. Really happy with Refia at least. Lenna is struggling to stay alive with the more intense matches.

there will never be a good time to be disappointed. might as well rip that bandaid off right now.

Make sure you don't accidentally sell it in your inventory.

Lol damn it guys. Will post results.

20861820_10156509193688989_8470224680949249361_o.jpg

Niahak

Got a Hope for my daily today (kill me now), and a GAFfgarion and Refia for my 10+1 Ticket. Really happy with Refia at least. Lenna is struggling to stay alive with the more intense matches.

Refia is probably your best healer for a while, especially if you can get a Dualcast via TM farming. The only better ones are no longer available (Y'shtola, Tilith).

If you're far away from a dualcast (and you probably are), Luka might be better... but you can't exactly chase her.

robotuw

Did it respawn at all? Or was it right hand that rezzed the left?

Must be, because I just did it again for the Ramuh achievement. No respawns and minimal tantrum from the arms when I killed the body. A2 is now at a very respectable 1070 atk. My first unit over 1k!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So on my old/alt i now have Orlandeu with the 10+1. Did get DV on that one as well last week.
How does chaining work best....doest it make sense to use DV/Orl and a friend DV/Orl or are 2 chainers enough ? So fair i have only used DV with Friend Orlandeus since my DV had Excalibur.

Good 4 and 5 star being the operative word :) I have guys like exdeath, Kefka, chizuru, lightning, vaan. Good in their day. Not now I'd guess. Starting over with DV or something like that would be the plan.

Rank 30.
Okay Rank 30 is nothing....so yeah def. reroll and start again, best of luck on your pulls.
Lol. It's kind of bittersweet because although they're 5* base, they're also totally useless to me, except for FV which I was really happy. Roberta and Luneth might as well be 9S and I'll still be equally happy lol.

Heh you are right - not every Rainbow will have the same importance as your first Noctis or Husbando pull....but it always fun seeing your post and how casually the Rainbows appear for you lol. Keep it up.

If you're far away from a dualcast (and you probably are), Luka might be better... but you can't exactly chase her.
Oooooh I actually have Luka as well. That being said, both are still low leveled, so sorry Lenna, I need you to work extra hours for a while.

Niahak

So on my old/alt i now have Orlandeu with the 10+1. Did get DV on that one as well last week.
How does chaining work best....doest it make sense to use DV/Orl and a friend DV/Orl or are 2 chainers enough ? So fair i have only used DV with Friend Orlandeus since my DV had Excalibur.

Two chainers are enough. Give them both light or both dark weapons (or you can have both on each, which does build up the chain faster but is hard to gear) depending on what you're fighting.

If you got Durandal from the Auracite Chosen event, that's probably next best after Excalibur for light element. Not sure what's good for dark other than the GS from the recent story event and TMs.

Muku

OMG! I GOT IT!

Left arm ended up taking WoL out when it came down to it. Got the Arm. Going to try again for additional stuff...

cw_sasuke

Two chainers are enough. Give them both light or both dark weapons (or you can have both on each, which does build up the chain faster but is hard to gear) depending on what you're fighting.

If you got Durandal from the Auracite Chosen event, that's probably next best after Excalibur for light element. Not sure what's good for dark other than the GS from the recent story event and TMs.

Okay sounds good. Just to make sure...by two chainers you mean 1 chainer + friend chainer ? Or 2 chainers from + friend chainer ?

Yeah that Dark GS from the recent story event is the only Dark weapon i have on that account...but i have two Excaibur so thats solid.

Getting two Top Tier chainers on my old account meanwhile my main still waiting on his first. Doesnt help that i also have Ramza,DFina and Noctis on the old one.

If it wasnt for Olive i probably would have switched lol.

Muku

Swapped Refia with Minfillia. Figured if I got hit and her heal wanted to go off, as I don't think that would count against No Magic, that'd be cool. Plus she buffed us in case. Left arm decided to take out Luneth this time (as in kill, but not kill+ kill itself like last time) but that was okay. My 2B was hanging on with 1 HP for a while. Ended up taking it out. Got World Breaker. I *REALLY* need that Fist Mastery..... not sure how to go about getting that.

Edit: Fucking hell. Gold Daily. SWEET THIS COULD BE 9S!!!!! Cmon.... Warrior of Fucking Light. /rage Do you know how little I get golds Gumi? Then you troll me? Fuck.

robotuw

Swapped Refia with Minfillia. Figured if I got hit and her heal wanted to go off, as I don't think that would count against No Magic, that'd be cool. Plus she buffed us in case. Left arm decided to take out Luneth this time but that was okay. My 2B was hanging on with 1 HP for a while. Ended up taking it out. Got World Breaker. I *REALLY* need that Fist Mastery..... not sure how to go about getting that.

I can share Lunera if you want. She was great for keeping everyone healed and buffed. Plus I didn't have to even think about mp usage. I had Tilith as backup but she was barely needed and you could just as easily use Refia or Yshtola. You'll need to supply an arm target yourself though. Lunera was also great for the odd turn I didn't need her song because Aureole Ray was fantastic for building summon orbs.

Muku

I can share Lunera if you want. She was great for keeping everyone healed and buffed. Plus I didn't have to even think about mp usage. I can share her if you want. I had Tilith as backup but she was barely needed and you could just as easily use Refia or Yshtola. You'll need to supply an arm target yourself though. Lunera was also great for the odd turn I didn't need her song because Aureole Ray was fantastic for building summon orbs.

That would be great. Though not sure if I've used your character recently or not. ;_; Supply an arm target.. were you macroing it or something? I don't run any macros.

robotuw

That would be great. Though not sure if I've used your character recently or not. ;_; Supply an arm target.. were you macroing it or something? I don't run any macros.

By arm target I mean someone who can consistently take the hit from the left arm. I used a friend 2B who could auto-raise every turn. If you can get Rikku's LB off every turn you're great, but if not, King or Maxwell work too. Just make sure they have the highest atk, which shouldn't be hard since your actual damage dealer, 2B, doesn't need to have any atk whatsoever. I'll put Lunera up for a while in case she's useful.

bonkeng

Okay sounds good. Just to make sure...by two chainers you mean 1 chainer + friend chainer ? Or 2 chainers from + friend chainer ?

Yeah that Dark GS from the recent story event is the only Dark weapon i have on that account...but i have two Excaibur so thats solid.

Getting two Top Tier chainers on my old account meanwhile my main still waiting on his first. Doesnt help that i also have Ramza,DFina and Noctis on the old one.

Wait, your old account have Orlandu, DV, Ramza, DFina and Noctis?

And the only thing keeping you from switching is Olive?

What other 5* units you have with Olive?

If it was me, I would've switched the moment i got Orlandu + DV.

Decided to just use my 10+1 ticket...

ffbe101ticket.png

I am ok with this.

Lol. Who wouldn't be.

Muku

Congrats Arica! :O

By arm target I mean someone who can consistently take the hit from the left arm. I used a friend 2B who could auto-raise every turn. If you can get Rikku's LB off every turn you're great, but if not, King or Maxwell work too. Just make sure they have the highest atk, which shouldn't be hard since your actual damage dealer, 2B, doesn't need to have any atk whatsoever. I'll put Lunera up for a while in case she's useful.

Ah, okay. I have Rikku. I just haven't built her up. I really don't want to. ;_; I may have to though. I have folks higher than my 2B Attack wise, so that isn't an issue. I have Maxwell almost maxed. Is it better to finish her or build Rikku up from Gold scrub for this?

Going to have to wait for NRG. Not spending Lapis on it right now for a Refresh. Took two turns to get the Arm then World Breaker. But I definitely will build Rikku or Maxwell up. (I haven't even really used Maxwell much outside of her event, so don't know her that well. I assume her LB is good.)

Niahak

I meant your two chainers (Orlandu + DV) on their own are sufficient. You could use a friend for tank, support, healer, or finisher. In practice friends may have a stronger second chainer than yours, so you probably don't need both in your party, but the advantage of having two chainers is that you can equip them however you need for trials.

Pejo

Swapped Refia with Minfillia. Figured if I got hit and her heal wanted to go off, as I don't think that would count against No Magic, that'd be cool. Plus she buffed us in case. Left arm decided to take out Luneth this time (as in kill, but not kill+ kill itself like last time) but that was okay. My 2B was hanging on with 1 HP for a while. Ended up taking it out. Got World Breaker. I *REALLY* need that Fist Mastery..... not sure how to go about getting that.

Edit: Fucking hell. Gold Daily. SWEET THIS COULD BE 9S!!!!! Cmon.... Warrior of Fucking Light. /rage Do you know how little I get golds Gumi? Then you troll me? Fuck.

Congrats on Aigiaon Muku! You've inspired me to give it a go later tonight after work.

What was your team when you beat it most recently?

Muku

Congrats on Aigiaon Muku! You've inspired me to give it a go later tonight after work.

What was your team when you beat it most recently?

Thank you! :) Though it is the 2B trick. x_x Why we gotta summon Ramuh Gumi. FFFfffffff

The second team I ran it with was WoL, 2B, Luneth, Minfilia, and Orlandu. Guest was a second Orlandu. I made sure guest I brought was the highest attack to get sacked first. Though, if you're bringing someones 2B, then make sure you have higher attack on someone else. Remember, to get World Breaker, you can't cast magic. That's why I brought Minfilia second time. It helped me not be tempted to raise. Only thing she did was buff ATK and DEF.

I just put crappier weapons on my 2B to help others out. I can put even worse ones on if need be, just let me know.

robotuw

Congrats Arica! :O

Ah, okay. I have Rikku. I just haven't built her up. I really don't want to. ;_; I may have to though. I have folks higher than my 2B Attack wise, so that isn't an issue. I have Maxwell almost maxed. Is it better to finish her or build Rikku up from Gold scrub for this?

Going to have to wait for NRG. Not spending Lapis on it right now for a Refresh. Took two turns to get the Arm then World Breaker. But I definitely will build Rikku or Maxwell up. (I haven't even really used Maxwell much outside of her event, so don't know her that well. I assume her LB is good.)

If you've got Maxwell and WoL you may not even need Rikku. Her damage mitigation is very useful but I hardly used her LB. Have Maxwell with the highest atk on your team, then just have her cast Sacred Song every turn so she can die and come back. WoL should have Light is With us up at all times to protect everyone else. Unless you get unlucky he'll take all the hits but the AoE magic attack from the right hand. As long as everyone can survive that one attack you should be good. Lunera can buff and heal. Refia/Ysh can backup heal then you have another slot open for a support to help WoL or an attacker to build summon orbs. That unit should be able to dispel when the robot buffs, and don't forget to break his atk afterward with WoL.

10+1 ticket for me Bran #2 and Ashe #3. Nothing else of note really.

Love Ashe in Arena though. I use 2 and she murders everything along with 3 Chizzy.

Now likely to move to 3x Ashe. Other two may end up being Amelia now, haven't decided.

Muku

If you've got Maxwell and WoL you may not even need Rikku. Her damage mitigation is very useful but I hardly used her LB. Have Maxwell with the highest atk on your team, then just have her cast Sacred Song every turn so she can die and come back. WoL should have Light is With us up at all times to protect everyone else. Unless you get unlucky he'll take all the hits but the AoE magic attack from the right hand. As long as everyone can survive that one attack you should be good. Lunera can buff and heal. Refia/Ysh can backup heal then you have another slot open for a support to help WoL or an attacker to build summon orbs. That unit should be able to dispel when the robot buffs, and don't forget to break his atk afterward with WoL.

OH, sweet mother of Cecil. Light is With Us you cast every round, right? I can't remember. Haven't had to use any of his big stuff yet.

So the team could consist of WoL, Refia, Maxwell, support? (maybe Minfilia?), a damage dealer (2B? then when ready just Spear it all?), and then your Lunera?

Edit: Sweet I see your Lunera up..

I might lapis refresh if I can figure this out.

OH, sweet mother of Cecil. Light is With Us you cast every round, right? I can't remember. Haven't had to use any of his big stuff yet.

So the team could consist of WoL, Refia, Maxwell, support? (maybe Minfilia?), a damage dealer (2B? then when ready just Spear it all?), and then your Lunera?

I might lapis refresh if I can figure this out.

Light is with us lasts 3 turns.

cw_sasuke

Wait, your old account have Orlandu, DV, Ramza, DFina and Noctis?

And the only thing keeping you from switching is Olive?

What other 5* units you have with Olive?

If it was me, I would've switched the moment i got Orlandu + DV.

Yeah im really in a weird position right now..because i didnt play the account at all and am missing a bunch of event gear and didnt farm TMS except Excalibur early on. But some of those Gacha pulls were really nice...especially Ramza if he ever gets his Enhancements.

5* on my main:
Wilhelm, Gilgamesh x2, Lightning (lol), Yun, Olive
and pretty much every relevant 4* except Tillith ..so WoL, Refia, Ling, 9S, Rikku, Setzer, EV

on my old/alt:
Orlandu, DV, Dark Fina, Noctis, Ramza x2
and pretty much every relevant 4* except Tillith ...so WoL, Refia, Ling, 9S, Rikku, EV

Gear situation is obv. worse but the units on the alt are getting better and better. Only gacha related thing the alt is missing would be Chiz and the Blade Mastery TM...but yeah otherwise its up there.

Decided to just use my 10+1 ticket...

I am ok with this.
Wooo...congrats :eek:
I meant your two chainers (Orlandu + DV) on their own are sufficient. You could use a friend for tank, support, healer, or finisher. In practice friends may have a stronger second chainer than yours, so you probably don't need both in your party, but the advantage of having two chainers is that you can equip them however you need for trials.

Ah okay got it - thank you.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
It's actually pretty decent even if a bit trope filled and every mission gets you lapis, which is always good. Lapis is precious in this game.

Hmmm I'll give it a try... but I don't have much hope :)

Okay, I rerolled a few times, current roll has these at 4*: Veritas of the Earth, Orran, and Refia. Just listed the 4* that can reach 6*, assuming those are the best.

This an okay team to start with?

robotuw

Light is With us lasts 3 turns. You can use the other two turns to debuff and do whatever else is needed. I'd recommend WoL, Refia, Maxwell, Minfillia, 2B and Lunera. Minfillia will probably be doing the least there, since the boss doesn't use elemental attacks and Lunera will be laying down a 40% base level buff already. Someone with a damage mitigation skill (Rikku, 9S, Zargl) would be ideal but sounds like you don't have one ready at the moment. Maybe put Orlandu in instead of Minfillia (but take Excal off of him) if you want to build orbs asap. You can only get orbs from the body so you have to build orbs first. Once you're ready to summon, have 2B spear the body first and then the right hand on the turn after. The left hand will just keep doing the one attack and you can summon Ramuh just before you end him with 2B's final spear. Also don't forget to put Ramuh on someone beforehand!

Finally used my 10+1 ticket. Worthless trash really. Just a bunch of duplicates.

Those tickets really aren't that great, if I am being perfectly honest.

If you can get really lucky, maybe, but considering the shitty rates, it usually just ends in disappointment.

Edit: then I see Aricas pull with double rainbow. Shit!

Muku

Light is With us lasts 3 turns. You can use the other two turns to debuff and do whatever else is needed. I'd recommend WoL, Refia, Maxwell, Minfillia, 2B and Lunera. Minfillia will probably be doing the least there, since the boss doesn't use elemental attacks and Lunera will be laying down a 40% base level buff already. Maybe put Orlandu in instead of Minfillia if you want to build orbs asap. Once you're ready to summon, have 2B spear the body first and then the right hand on the turn after. The left hand will just keep doing the one attack and you can summon Ramuh just before you end him with 2B's final spear.

Ahhhhh, thank you. Going to lapis refresh here in a moment to give it a try. (Lapis refreshing at high end doesn't feel so dirty.)

Finally used my 10+1 ticket. Worthless trash really. Just a bunch of duplicates.

Those tickets really aren't that great, if I am being perfectly honest.

If you can get really lucky, maybe, but considering the shitty rates, it usually just ends in disappointment.

Edit: then I see Aricas pull with double rainbow. Shit!

It boggles my fucking mind dude.

Top Bottom