• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Lyrian

I guess its Gumi's target for those new player that started with Anniversary. Nice units for newbie's & casual players. Except Rosa but casual's & Newbies prolly wont know unless they hang around some forum.

Cecil - Good Tank
Exdeath - Ez to get great mage
Refia - Dat healer with Chocobo
Rosa - Cause there has to be troll
Donkey Kong Country & Lameth to troll people with 2x5* banner.

I'm curious about those who weren't expressly mentioned in terms of enhancements.

Not expecting anything for Refia, but Rosa is a prime canidate for a stealth enhancement buff. Gumi has been quite good at giving those 4* bases still locked at 5* max extra love.

Ultros and Typhon ELT is pretty rough - I still haven't beaten it, but I've been thinking about it a bunch. I don't know that any special setup will help a lot besides having a beefy (preferably provoke) tank, but here's what I expect you'll want (based this mostly on the wiki, but also on my tries of it)

-elemental resist buff (earth and water more, but possibly fire and wind while you're at it if it's easier to do CoD or Marie's all-elements one)
-ATK break for Ultros (e.g. Crush Weapon)
-Some way to dispel breaks on your party (e.g. Bushido)
-don't use fire, lightning, ice (trigger special retaliation)
-some way to do wind damage (prevents Typhon from snorting party members if you use it when he takes a breath)
-probably Demon Killer on DPS to take down Typhon as fast as possible in round 2

Typhon's attack will often one-shot anyone who isn't a pretty beefy tank, and you'll get dispelled every few turns so make sure you have a good way to reapply especially the defense buffs.

In round 2 you'll want to kill Typhon first.

Hmm WoL could handle the breaks for me and both he and Refia has Embolden so I could reapply that buff as needed. None of my units are using weapons of those elements so I'm good there but the question is if I'd need Marie in or if Rikku's hyper null would be sufficient. I'd prefer not to have to put in Fina just to do Wind attacks so I'll have to see if I have a wind element weapon that I could throw on any of the non-dps units to cancel that attack. It at least sounds like I have the tools to get this done, now it's just a matter of figuring out if I'm strong enough and employing the strategy correctly. Thanks, that wind tip in particular is useful info.

Rixa

I'm curious about those who weren't expressly mentioned in terms of enhancements.

Not expecting anything for Refia, but Rosa is a prime canidate for a stealth enhancement buff. Gumi has been quite good at giving those 4* bases still locked at 5* max extra love.

Also. Rosa is still 5* in JP. Maybe Gumi stealth updates it to 6* some day?

Rosa JP Enhancements for reference said:
せいしんは Bless +1 20 AoE ~10 MP Heal w/ 0.1x Mod split over 3 Turns & AoE ~1150 HP Heal w/ 8x Mod split over 3 Turns 60000 Healing 10 5 1 - -
せいしんは Bless +2 20 AoE ~20 MP Heal w/ 0.4x Mod split over 3 Turns & AoE ~1725 HP Heal w/ 12x Mod split over 3 Turns 60000 Healing 15 8 2 1 -
ねらいうち Sharpshot +1 6 Critical Hit 150% ST 1 Hit Physical Attack 30000 Power 8 3 - - -
ねらいうち Sharpshot +2 6 Critical Hit 200% ST 1 Hit Physical Attack 30000 Power 12 5 1 - -

I really hope those are buffed in Global.

Hmm WoL could handle the breaks for me and both he and Refia has Embolden so I could reapply that buff as needed. None of my units are using weapons of those elements so I'm good there but the question is if I'd need Marie in or if Rikku's hyper null would be sufficient. I'd prefer not to have to put in Fina just to do Wind attacks so I'll have to see if I have a wind element weapon that I could throw on any of the non-dps units to cancel that attack. It at least sounds like I have the tools to get this done, now it's just a matter of figuring out if I'm strong enough and employing the strategy correctly. Thanks, that wind tip in particular is useful info.

What if you wait til tomorrow and enhance Refia. Her Embolden gets healing and Refia also gets 5% MP refresh as +2.

Refia JP enhancements for reference said:
アレイズ Arise +1 14 ST Revive with 100% HP 500000 White 15 10 8 2 1
アレイズ Arise +2 5 ST Revive with 100% HP 500000 White 23 15 12 4 2
カズスのお守り Talisman of Kazus +1 -- +100% Silence / Paralyze / Confuse / Petrify Resist & Recover 5 MP per 5 steps 250000 Support 15 8 5 1 -
カズスのお守り Talisman of Kazus +2 -- +100% Silence / Paralyze / Confuse / Petrify Resist & Recover 5 MP per 5 steps & Recover 5% MP per Turn 250000 Support 23 12 8 2 1
勇気づける Encourage +1 42 AoE 5 Turn +45% ATK/DEF 250000 Support 15 8 5 1 -
勇気づける Encourage +2 42 AoE 5 Turn +45% ATK/DEF & AoE ~1150 HP Heal w/ 8x Mod split over 5 Turns 250000 Support 23 12 8 2 1

What if you wait til tomorrow and enhance Refia. Her Embolden gets healing and Refia also gets 5% MP refresh as +2.

Oh I'm not in a major rush, I'd wait until there aren't events I need to continually burn NRG on before burning NRG on this. I only did the Echidna one now because of the Zarga strat and he won't be shared anymore soon. As for enhancing her, I've thought about it but not sure if I will or not yet as I plan on going hard for Ayaka. If it uses White crysts I could do it since not many characters use that but if it's Support, every unit uses that ;p So it would depend on the cryst cost as I'll be prioritizing my DPS units for enhancements besides WoL.

Muku

It's funny. Last night I was like "I think we're going to keep this same banner. I mean, there's no way it can get worse, right?" Then I wake up and see this. LOLOLOLOLOL. Gumi trolling us hard. I hope we get a decent banner during my birthday. But I'm not holding my breath. -_-;

Luneth has some interesting ability awakenings. Might be the first time I seriously look at wanting to update a character. Luneth is also my first 5*, still has a spot on team, and is just awesome.

As for DKC... which of his are supposed to make him good and stop sucking? I might have to seriously look at it on alt.

Syntsui

Just saw Magnolia TM, if the raid gives her Moogles like it should, my Aranea will be ridiculous. This raid was custom made for me :D

Lyrian

Also. Rosa is still 5* in JP. Maybe Gumi stealth updates it to 6* some day?

I really hope those are buffed in Global.

It's been a long, long time since a FF4 banner occured. Rosa is surely due for a 6* when that happens.

Luneth has some interesting ability awakenings. Might be the first time I seriously look at wanting to update a character. Luneth is also my first 5*, still has a spot on team, and is just awesome.

Luneth was also my original 5* base, and only finally got retired during the anniversary. Still not sold on Advance, but his other upgrades will be quite solid.

I still think Tidus will be the first character I dump crysts into. Any ability that cost pure or giancrysts better get used frequently. Precious stones.

RedZaraki

Banned
Somebody help me out here.

What is the best DPS unit to bring to the Robot Trial IF I have to use Friend Unit for Rem?

Orlandeau
Tidus
Aileen
Olive

Those are the only notable ones I really have. I think I can afford to bring two of them, but not sure if they'll work together. I have no copies.

Rixa

Somebody help me out here.

What is the best DPS unit to bring to the Robot Trial IF I have to use Friend Unit for Rem?

Orlandeau
Tidus
Aileen
Olive

Those are the only notable ones I really have. I think I can afford to bring two of them, but not sure if they'll work together. I have no copies.

JP Stats said:
Main Body

HP: 10000000 | MP: 100000 | -50% Ice +50% Lightning/Wind +100% Light/Dark Status Immunity

Left Arm

HP: 4000000 | MP : 60000 | -50% Lightning +50% Ice/Wind +100% Light/Dark Status Immunity

Right Arm

HP: 4000000 | MP : 60000 | -50% Wind +50% Ice/Lightning +100% Light/Dark Status Immunity

* Olive can't use Sparky
Left Arm said:
If hit by a Thunder attack, Left Arm will instead use レフトアームが誘爆した - 300% AoE 1 Hit Physical Attack. (likely to kill you).

* Aileen has innate Machine Killer.

* Water is nogo in trial, assuming it works like in JP (after 3 water attacks you get hard retaliate).
If hit by a water attack on the thresholds, Main Body will use a weaker version of the attack instead 世界崩壊 - 500% AoE 1 Hit Hybrid Attack.

If Main Body is hit by Water 3 times, Main Body will use 超電磁爆発 - 500% AoE 1 Hit Thunder/Water Magic Attack.
Can't say anything about Orlandu (maybe with Fire weapon?)

RedZaraki

Banned
Aileen has machine killer so she should be the best unit for this trial.

I'm just not sure if I should hope for a Friend Aileen and try to zerg it down with Rikku and Body strat, or if I should hope for a Friend Rem and play the long game.

Either way, I don't know what my other DPS would be besides Aileen. Would be great if I had my own Rem or another Aileen, but I don't.

* Olive can't use Sparky

* Aileen has innate Machine Killer.

* Water is nogo in trial, assuming it works like in JP (after 3 water attacks you get hard retaliate).

Can't say anything about Orlandu (maybe with Fire weapon?)

you definitely want to use water on the trial

Just not every turn

The retaliate is still weaker than eating 1000% hybrid. I saw in one video that they used water on threshold 70 and 30 and ate the big attack on 50% since they had AoE reraise up

Just be smart about it

Muku

It's been a long, long time since a FF4 banner occured. Rosa is surely due for a 6* when that happens.

Luneth was also my original 5* base, and only finally got retired during the anniversary. Still not sold on Advance, but his other upgrades will be quite solid.

Yeah... I'm not sold on Advance, but the other two I am seriously looking at. Fortunately past few days been farming Motes but it's all for crysts at this point since I'm well past done. Guess I'll be picking up mats for them.

Also, finally got around to looking at Ace's. WTF @ that +2 MAG 40% one. X_X Holy shit. Maybe I should get that for him and just replace DKC or something with Ace. Even though TT stole most of his gear, he's still pretty high in Mag still and could probably blow shit up better than DKC. Ugh... DKC. only reason I'm glad alt got him is to work on Deathbringer.

Pejo

Speaking of trials, just tried Echidna ELT with a team of Rem/Zarg/WoL/Noct/Ashe, didn't bring a friend unit. I regret bringing Ashe instead of a better damage character, her heals and status heals weren't really necessary, and her low HP got her killed a few times. Zarg's counters were amazing for chipping away. I can't wait for WoL's 100% provoke to get its enhancement. I ended up using Golem provoke and he didn't get targeted a few times I needed him to. Either way, I think I'll give Ultros a try later.

QCYLgaq.png

NomarTyme

Just not every turn

The retaliate is still weaker than eating 1000% hybrid. I saw in one video that they used water on threshold 70 and 30 and ate the big attack on 50% since they had AoE reraise up

Just be smart about it
I asked last week, but is it max 3 times you can use the water attack on the body or just don't hit 3 times in a row?

Rixa

Just not every turn

Just be smart about it

Ah right, I was under impression it would do very bad things after 3 usages of water.

Anyways, with theorycrafting, I would wait ~14h till we have datamined stuff and info about possible changes from JP to GL.

Alkez

[JP] Managed to get story stage 9 done (thanks Shouta) and now have Lunera's song at +1. Need to get another pure cryst to get it to +2.

Niahak

Also, finally got around to looking at Ace's. WTF @ that +2 MAG 40% one. X_X Holy shit. Maybe I should get that for him and just replace DKC or something with Ace. Even though TT stole most of his gear, he's still pretty high in Mag still and could probably blow shit up better than DKC. Ugh... DKC. only reason I'm glad alt got him is to work on Deathbringer.

Ace is handy:
Enhanced MP recovery applies to the whole party
Enhanced Tri-laser can do mega damage *and* does -75% on three resists (fire/light/lightning)
Enhanced devotion means he can LB more often and gets +40% mag. Not huge, but a good improvement to his passive.

Since enhancements he's a constant in my party. If nothing else his tri-laser debuffs light res better than Divine Ruination itself.

Muku

Ace is handy:
Enhanced MP recovery applies to the whole party
Enhanced Tri-laser can do mega damage *and* does -75% on three resists (fire/light/lightning)
Enhanced devotion means he can LB more often and gets +40% mag. Not huge, but a good improvement to his passive.

Since enhancements he's a constant in my party. If nothing else his tri-laser debuffs light res better than Divine Ruination itself.

I've not used him too much, but I dunno, never felt impressed by Tri-laser. And debuffing light resistance doesn't mean much for my current team, sadly. Maybe it might if I replaced Garland with maybe Cupid Artemios again? He has been my previous light pewpewer.

But, I guess to be fair.. it might be worth looking into. No one on alt really has caught my eye for using Power crysts on. I think Devotion might be first though. I'm wondering though if I bring in Ace if I should bring back Cupid Artemios though. Right now Garland + DKC for the dark res down and dark damage. But going back to light could be beneficial now since I've actually got Delita using Excalibur since I've used Cupid Art in my group.

It's been since.. a little after Ace's banner since I've used him. Is Cut Cards still worth having on him?

I've not used him too much, but I dunno, never felt impressed by Tri-laser. And debuffing light resistance doesn't mean much for my current team, sadly. Maybe it might if I replaced Garland with maybe Cupid Artemios again? He has been my previous light pewpewer.

But, I guess to be fair.. it might be worth looking into. No one on alt really has caught my eye for using Power crysts on. I think Devotion might be first though. I'm wondering though if I bring in Ace if I should bring back Cupid Artemios though. Right now Garland + DKC for the dark res down and dark damage. But going back to light could be beneficial now since I've actually got Delita using Excalibur since I've used Cupid Art in my group.

It's been since.. a little after Ace's banner since I've used him. Is Cut Cards still worth having on him?

Talk to Rixa, his Ace is one of the most insane Ace I've ever seen. Kind of disgusting the damage it can put out lol.

GG-Duo

I don't use Cut Cards and put other materia there. Tri-Laser, Spirit Hand, Wild Card, his LB are usually enough.

EDIT:

The great thing about Ace is that he is SO good for story, dungeons, and story events, whatever.

Want an AoE kill of enemies? Tri-laser.
Want MP? Spirit Hand. You can just have your DPS attack and Ace Spirit Hand, and then hit REPEAT for the entire dungeon.
Mission requires LB Kill? Jackpot shot fills quickly and hits hard.

AND his animations tend to be pretty quick. No bullshit. I love Ace.

Alkez

I haven't got my machine killer TM done yet so trying to decide if it's worth me using a few moogles to get it, so I can attempt the trial straight away tomorrow. Otherwise I'll need to wait a week which isn't that bad but was looking forward to having a go day 1 alongside everyone else.

Rixa

Talk to Rixa, his Ace is one of the most insane Ace I've ever seen. Kind of disgusting the damage it can put out lol.

I concur.

I like the survivability too (with 3x Seal of Destruction). Atleast 45 mana to eveyrone when ever needed with cost of 10mp. Tri-Beam the shit out or nuke one enemy with Jackpot Shot.

Ace <3

Screenshot_20170324-110204.png
Screenshot_20170420-154821.png

Screenshot_20170615-142154.png
Screenshot_20170714-151902.png

My Ace has only around 847 MAG. Could get it way over 900 but preferring survivability over max MAG. +5000 hp makes wonders and keeps Ace alive.

Muku

Ace would have to be my second in command for magic users. So he won't have the best stuff. TT is queen of that now. Not even sure my alt has a Karl, tbh. ;_; I'm going to have to look into him after I get TT set up.

Rixa, what do you use for fourth slot then?

Also, would TT's Trust be a must for Ace?

Edit: TBH my team doesn't really have mana issues right now. They're a rag tag team though. Currently using Garland, DKC, Fohlen, Delita, and TT.

Niahak

Ace would have to be my second in command for magic users. So he won't have the best stuff. TT is queen of that now. Not even sure my alt has a Karl, tbh. ;_; I'm going to have to look into him after I get TT set up.

Ace is mostly ability based, so he's actually a lot better with dual wield than dualcast. Wild Card especially, since it gains the effect of any equipped Killer abilities and hits twice if you're dual-wielding.

Muku

Ace is mostly ability based, so he's actually a lot better with dual wield than dualcast. Wild Card especially, since it gains the effect of any equipped Killer abilities and hits twice if you're dual-wielding.

Hmmm. Okay. Only have one DW right now. Got it specifically for TT recently.

I wonder if I should replace DKC and Garland with Ace and Cupid Artemios for Light damage. Then I could take Second Knife off Garland and give it to Ace. Might have to start thinking about DW or two again soon then.

Edit: Didn't we get another weapon recently that also has DW?

Rixa

Edit: TBH my team doesn't really have mana issues right now. They're a rag tag team though. Currently using Garland, DKC, Fohlen, Delita, and TT.

Since my only Genji Glove is at DKC 4th slot is Dual Wield and no Rod mastery in this build (Maybe I should ditch SoD and slap RM its ~50 mag more).

Ace 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Draco Spike +30ATK+101MAG+Dracoslayer
Left Hand: Draco Spike +30ATK+101MAG+Dracoslayer
Head: Creepy Mask +15MP+15DEF+30MAG
Body: Siren's Robe +30DEF+40MAG/SPR+100%Sleep/Silence
Accessory 1: Earrings +3DEF+20%MAG
Accessory 2: Magistral Crest +30%MAG+30%SPR
Ability 1: Dual Wield Equip two single handed weapons
Ability 2: Seal of Destruction +20%ATK +20%MAG +10%HP
Ability 3: Seal of Destruction +20%ATK +20%MAG +10%HP
Ability 4: Seal of Destruction +20%ATK +20%MAG +10%HP
Pot Stats: HP: 450 MP: 75 ATK: 30 DEF: 30 MAG: 30 SPR: 30
Esper: Diabolos HP:4680 MP:6170 ATK:1640 DEF:2390 MAG:5460 SPR:3250
Total Stats: HP: 5181 MP: 329 ATK: 314 DEF: 219 MAG: 822 SPR: 305

My BiS is this:

Ace 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Draco Spike +30ATK+101MAG+Dracoslayer
Left Hand: Draco Spike +30ATK+101MAG+Dracoslayer
Head: Creepy Mask +15MP+15DEF+30MAG
Body: Siren's Robe +30DEF+40MAG/SPR+100%Sleep/Silence
Accessory 1: Genji Glove +10%ATK/MAG & Dual Wield
Accessory 2: Magistral Crest +30%MAG+30%SPR
Ability 1: MAG +30% +30%MAG
Ability 2: MAG +30% +30%MAG
Ability 3: MAG +30% +30%MAG
Ability 4: Rod Mastery +50%MAG w/ Rod
Pot Stats: HP: 450 MP: 75 ATK: 30 DEF: 30 MAG: 30 SPR: 30
Esper: Diabolos HP:4680 MP:6170 ATK:1640 DEF:2390 MAG:5460 SPR:3250
Total Stats: HP: 3996 MP: 329 ATK: 240 DEF: 216 MAG: 946 SPR: 305

With 2x Mateus Malices I could get MAG to 1002. But I have 0 Emperor's (Chilly we miss you).

Visceir

I can do 1000+ mag ace too, but hes also my second in command after Fryevia. Still rocking 900+ mag and 4.5k hp though.

Post-enhancements Ace is a crazy good unit, probably the best mp battery in game, even in JP right now (bard songs recover mp at the end of the turn). He has the highest easy to access elemental imperils for light/fire/thunder in game.

I mainly use Ace for his utility right now as I haven't really needed using him for damage yet, but he can pump out good dmg with tri-laser and his 8.1x dmg LB that is magic dmg yet affected by killers and weapon element could be one of the best dmg sources vs robo in game right now.

His LB already fills quite fast with innate LB Fill Rate +200% & Gain 2 LS per Turn, with eccentric buff he could prob spam it every turn.

Muku

Since my only Genji Glove is at DKC 4th slot is Dual Wield and no Rod mastery in this build (Maybe I should ditch SoD and slap RM its ~50 mag more).

My BiS is this:

With 2x Mateus Malices I could get MAG to 1002. But I have 0 Emperor's (Chilly we miss you).

Sadly, I've got no Gilgamesh on alt. (Lucky to even get him on main.) TT will be my main. I've got far less useful stuff on alt for mages (strangely enough) than I do on my main (which I have no mages worth a shit on main). I guess I'm going to have to pull something out of my ass for both TT and Ace. Though right now TT is doing well. In process of getting Ace's TM for TT.

Also, was thinking of Abel's Bowie Knife. Something you can get if you have unit. Not something we just got. Pretty sure I have Abel on there. Is it worth working on Abel for that TM or would it be better just to get DW? I have one Draco Spike because I could only get one on my alt. Game hasn't even given me a second one at all. And I got it only recently on main. Ugh.

I don't have enough Magic boosting TMR's to support Freyvia, Ace, and Lunera. Fry is taking the lead right now. I just got Ace fully enhanced and may add him to support/MP Battery soon.

robotuw

Almost done with dual wield #4, and then I can finally kick Lightning to the curb. Not sure who to replace her with. The likely options are Queen, DKC, Setzer, or Chiz for physical, and DF or Emp for magic. The core crew right now is Orlandu, Noctis, TT and usually Tilith. Maybe DF at least for arena.

Mipcgamer

Hyped for the trial tomorrow.
Planning to take Tilith-Rikku-Wol-Luneth(enhanced) and Orlandeau.

I don't have many auto-revive options besides Rikku's limit (Vanille LOL), and I hope to see some Firelandeaus in my friends list too.

Realistically what's my chances in this new boss tomorrow? I have a 900+ ATK Orlandeau, Rikku, Tillith (70~ mp regen), Willhelm (8k hp, 400~ DEF, SPR) and then whoever would fill that last slot best. The only one there with high end TM's is Orlandeau so I'm assuming it would be wise to stay away from it for now?

Realistically what's my chances in this new boss tomorrow? I have a 900+ ATK Orlandeau, Rikku, Tillith (70~ mp regen), Willhelm (8k hp, 400~ DEF, SPR) and then whoever would fill that last slot best. The only one there with high end TM's is Orlandeau so I'm assuming it would be wise to stay away from it for now?

Slim to none. This trial is a gear/tm check and jp had enhancements/characters we don't have yet. Many of us here while we are tm'ed out the ass are probably going to fail as well but we damn sure are going to try our hardest.

robotuw

Unless they messed with it I don't think it's going to happen. Just let it go and enjoy watching the salt flow tomorrow. That's my plan and now I'm straight-up looking forward to it.

Top Bottom