• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy composers say Final Fantasy XII Remake is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganondorfo

I hope the big boss at Square Enix won't be angry at Sakimoto for saying this announcement. He composed for Final Fantasy Tactics, give him a break Square Enix boss.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
The video starts after the audience is applauding him talking about the Remake for VII.

Oh dang, didn't know that. Still possible to make a verbal slip and just not catch it, but that makes this seem a lot more probably true.

Asd202

Sakimoto confirmed?! God damn SE is killing it with announcements. Hope these games will be good. While it probably a rmeaster what if they brought Matsuno back to make the story as he wanted?
I can dream right

Lime

I hope they do an art book of the game as well. XII got left out of the Sky collection and I think the Ivalice conceptual designs are the series best.

18-Volt

After FFX Vita sales and Vita versions of World of Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest Builders and Dragon Quest Heroes 2, I fully expect this to come to Vita.

Maybe NX too...

ConceptX

People really love throwing their money at remasters. It's only logical for SE.

Sometimes reasons exist for remasters.

NA never got the extra content that PAL areas and Japan got in the release version of FFX until FFX HD.

PAL and NA never got the IZJS version of FFXII.

It's not always just a money grab, but sure, they are far easier and cheaper than new releases.

Servbot24

Banned
Sometimes reasons exist for remasters.

NA never got the extra content that PAL areas and Japan got in the release version of FFX until FFX HD.

PAL and NA never got the IZJS version of FFXII.

It's not always just a money grab, but sure, they are far easier and cheaper than new releases.
Practically every product ever made is a money grab.

Remasters are a particularly good deal for both audiences and companies though. They catch up people who missed the game the first time around, they please die hard fans of the original, and they help fund original efforts.

Shin-chan

Really? What about FFT, Vagrant Story, Odin Sphere, Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter. I'd say he's pretty consistent.

The TO: Let Us Cling Together OST is my favourite of his. It's under appreciated compared to his more popular works but has a lot of great tracks.

RPGCrazied

Someone leaked it? Ok, time to just flat out officially announce it now, unless they are saving this for TGS.

But its a no brainier this will happen, and probably will be on PS3/4, maybe Vita!

Really? What about FFT, Vagrant Story, Odin Sphere, Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter. I'd say he's pretty consistent.

Sakimoto is the Japanese Jeremy Soule.

He's consistently great, but his style is so distinct that it almost feels weird when it's used in a variety of genres and not just straight fantasy stuff.

Shin-chan

Yeah that's also great. I for one am really fond of of all those I listed :p.

I never played Odin Sphere but I instantly recognised his style in the trailer they released the other week. Really looking forward to the remake.

I think he's a little under appreciated in general compared to the bigger names, but it's probably a result of his complex style and that he doesn't focus as much on melody as others. FFXII has some great tracks but I think it's relatively week compared to some of his other works.

kswiston

Assuming that the remaster was based on the IZJS version, I would buy it without hesitation. Final Fantasy XII is definitely in my top 5 for the franchise, maybe top 3.

Velcro Fly

Would love a Vita version

Being able to play the non MMO Final Fantasy games 1 through 12 on handhelds would be incredible.

danthefan

If all this is is an FFX style remaster then I think I'll pass. If it's a remake and they change up the gameplay then into my veins.

Koozek

Would be funny if this is the project that Ito is rumored to be working on for years now and not FFXVI. Of course that's not happening, as it's just a remaster.

Jawmuncher

After FFX Vita sales and Vita versions of World of Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest Builders and Dragon Quest Heroes 2, I fully expect this to come to Vita.

Maybe NX too...

Yeah I'm expecting vita as well. Seems SE knows there's no reason to ignore especially with Japan still.

This is incredible news. The first HD remaster I'm genuinely excited about. There's so many upgrades that Final Fantasy XII could be afforded, and it couldn't have happened to a better game.

georly

Never finished 12 because of the damn zodiac spear pissing me off so much once I found out about it. Looking forward to a remaster using international version.

Fehyd

Banned
So i've heard that there were some behind the scenes issues with the making of XII, anyone know where I'd be able to read-up on that sort of stuff?

I'm always curious about the sort of stuff that happens when a game is being made, and what decisions eventually led to the product we end up getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom