• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers new trailer.

er, are most posts still going on the quality of the youtube video? is there any higher quality version?

personally, I think it looks good. not great, but good. I think this is one of those "proof in the pudding" games, where the trailers and screenshots will keep sending conflicting sensations, but the ultimate game may yet bear out what people hope for.

Cipherr

Looked terrible, sorry. Although I guess my opinion wont gain any traction since Ive hated every FF CC. But it looked bad, the colors looked washed out as hell, and the little pencil thin white outline that seems to be put around things when you Wiimote over them gives the game a real "cheap" look.

Absolutely ghastly.

This looks like a very beautiful Wii game. From what I can tell with that trailer.

I really like the concept, and it looks a lot prettier then the vast majority of Wii titles.

robor

wsippel said:
I don't know. I liked mainline FFs about ten to fifteen years ago, but these days, I can't stand them. Sure, I prefer badass characters to emos, but that's only part of the story. The funny thing is that I considered, say, Cloud and Squall to be badass back in the day, even though they actually aren't. I don't really think it's badass vs. emo, it's what you consider to be badass - and that might change over the years. And all I see in mainline FFs these days is pretentiousness - and that includes the games I actually liked back in the day. To be truly badass, you must not take yourself too serious, and there needs to be a certain level of humor. Two things tCB seems to do right - contrary to FFXIII. Oh well, maybe I'm wrong, and I'm also drunk, so...

I feel the exact same way.

There's a few things that need to be fixed IMO:

1.The game is too colorful. They should replace all of the blues, greens and yellows with various shades of gray and brown.

2. The main character looks like a sissy. They should remove his hair entirely and maybe slap some spikey armor on his body or something.

3. His method of attack sucks. His weapon should be a little bit cooler, like a gunblade or something. In fact, instead of a gun/sword hybrid he should have a gun/gun hybrid. That's right, a gun with another gun in it so he can shoot while he's shooting.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
comedy bomb said:

1.The game is too colorful. They should replace all of the blues, greens and yellows with various shades of gray and brown.

2. The main character looks like a sissy. They should remove his hair entirely and maybe slap some spikey armor on his body or something.

3. His method of attack sucks. His weapon should be a little bit cooler, like a gunblade or something. In fact, instead of a gun/sword hybrid he should have a gun/gun hybrid. That's right, a gun with another gun in it so he can shoot while he's shooting.

:lol

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
comedy bomb said:

You mean like Ranger?

2wnqs5j.png

comedy bomb said:

Nice.:lol

Redd

comedy bomb said:

great post.:lol

what the??? i somehow missed this thread

anyway, it's looking good - only thing though, the combat looks kind of cumbersome, like an old school beat 'em up where the enemies just haphazardly clump together

good to see a legit S-E effort for wii. finally.

robor

comedy bomb said:

It should also have the number thirteen attached to the title, roman numeral style.

comedy bomb said:

:lol :lol #3 is just too good

J-Rock

Banned
comedy bomb said:

Azure J

comedy bomb said:

Personally, for number 3, I would have gone with a gun that shoots guns.

8.8 :lol

Teknoman

BGBW said:
There you go.
ioozfs.jpg

I wanted to provide a clean version.

That would be a perfect FFCC bail out gif. Anyone willing to add bail out in standard FF font somewhere in that?

jump_button said:
all the races look well not what im use too from a FFCC game

They arent SD so its like Ivalice's transition to "realistically" proportioned characters.

Speaking of Echoes of time...how was it? Oh and does the online co-op have mic support? JP version has been out for awhile now right?

Teknoman said:
Speaking of Echoes of time...how was it? Oh and does the online co-op have mic support? JP version has been out for awhile now right?
If by a while, you mean two days or something, then yes. It has been out for a while.

Kandinsky

Teknoman said:
That would be a perfect FFCC bail out gif. Anyone willing to add bail out in standard FF font somewhere in that?

They arent SD so its like Ivalice's transition to "realistically" proportioned characters.

Nah tomorrow.

Teknoman

RocketDarkness said:
If by a while, you mean two days or something, then yes. It has been out for a while.

Oh :lol seriously? I just thought since its scheduled for a March release in NA, it had been out in Japan for a decent amount of time.

Kandinsky

Teknoman said:
Oh :lol seriously? I just thought since its scheduled for a March release in NA, it had been out in Japan for a decent amount of time.
We can expect first day numbers by Friday:lol

JaMarco

comedy bomb said:

RagnarokX

comedy bomb said:

344xjpe.jpg

d+pad

Puncture said:
... the little pencil thin white outline that seems to be put around things when you Wiimote over them gives the game a real "cheap" look...

I actually liked the trailer overall, but this part I have to agree with. I hope they figure out a better way of letting players know which enemy they're targeting.

D-Pad

Yay trailer! Looks pretty sweet.

When can we expect to play the game, SE? Release date? Release date? SquareEnix? Release date? Release date? ...

PBalfredo

Wow. This was a pleasant surprise. Crystal Bearers is alive and looking good. This just shot up my wanted list. This is a game made from the ground up for the Wii, you can tell, and it looks awesome for it. Physics gameplay should fit the Wii like a glove and this is the best looking 3D Wii game I've seen since Brawl. Square always could get the most out of whatever system they work on, especially in terms of quality textures. And that rival Yuke looks very cool. Not often you get either a thin lanky antagonist or a female playing up the Darth Vader style mysterious masked menace look. Plus her portal creating power seems like a worth match for our hero's TK. Should be a formidable opponent.

jrricky

Banned
comedy bomb said:

After watching the trailer of FFXIII and seeing that its not turn based, its pseudo action based made me add it to the list of buys with this one. Never bought a mainline too, I only liked this series cause its action based, but I will be buying two FF's in the future.:D

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
comedy bomb said:

2m4anp3.gif

jrricky said:
After watching the trailer of FFXIII and seeing that its not turn based, its pseudo action based made me add it to the list of buys with this one. Never bought a mainline too, I only liked this series cause its action based, but I will be buying two FF's in the future.:D

FFXIII is turn based, though.

jrricky said:

did you play ff xii?

IceIpor

Akai said:
I dunno, but it sounded to me like the Engrish equivalent of "Bearer"...

Yeah, I'm going to have to agree that they haven't mentioned his name in the trailer at all.

It seems to me that they were just referring to him as "Bearer".

Prax

What I like:
- main character's personality (right now, I am trying to figure out what character of my own to shoehorn him as)
- possibility to be a jerk and throw townspeople around. >.>

What I don't like:
- main character's hair lol
- that it's not multiplayer, though I suppose that's what Echoes of Time can be for

Interesting stuff:
- I kept thinking it had a Legend of Zelda vibe to it... It's probably because main character looked like Link, that giant Lilty/Goron thing, and that Galka/badguy/Ganon thing, and it's action-adeventureness.
- I was trying to figure out what race the girl that hides behind him was. I decided she's a Selkie/Clavat mix like Chime.
- I was trying to figure out what race glasses ferret-girl is. I decided she was a Lilty/Clavat mix. xD

Top Bottom