• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Fans, which is your most and least favorite Cid of the series?

Which is your most and least favorite Cid of the series?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Timeaisis

7, 8 and 9 Cid's are all cool in their own ways. 7 is probably my favorite, he's just such a fun and interesting charcter.

Least gotta be XV. I hardly remember him at all.

Beartruck

I have a strong affection for FF9's Cid. Dude built some amazing ships, ran a kingdom, and was turned into a little frog creature by his wife because he wouldn't stop fooling around behind her back. What a fun character.

Fav: Cid Highwind by far

Least Fav: XIII Cid. I don't remember him even doing anything. At least XV Cid helps with your car kinda.

Wood Man

Favorite - Cid Highwind. I would gladly buy him a beer.
Worst - Cid from XIII. Dude doesn't even look like a Cid. I don't even remember him.What the hell did he even do?

Nottle

7's Cid is the best because he's a fun character and a party member.

Worst is probably 11, though I have never played 11, I look at his design and there is nothing memorable. 13 at least he's Bishie Cid.

B.K.

Favorite: FFIX, though Tactics is the god
Least: FFXIII

Still want to know why XIV doesn't have a third eye.

He does.

TSNpGab.jpg

I assume his googles are just covering it up.

Nicolada

VII Cid is the best. Fav party member.

XIII Cid is my least fav. I don't dislike him, but he just doesn't feel like a Cid also his boss battle kicked my ass.

Moaradin

XIV Cid is my favorite design. Wish he had more of a role in the story since I like him in all the side content he's in.

Mozendo

Haven't played a lot of FF games to really have an opinion but X's Cid is a forgettable character. I actually forgot there was a Cid in X.

That XV bandwagon hate is strong in this thread. Did so many people seriously forget Cid Raines exists?

You seem to have only seen a negative XV post and then proceeded to filter out the rest of the thread.

I really want the user that listed raines to give a reason as to why they liked him lol.

OrionX

VII Cid is my favorite. I like that he's cynical and flawed and that he expresses his frustration through constant swearing. I'm gonna be disappointed if he isn't dropping bombs on the regular in the remake.

Least favorite... not a fan of VIII Cid. His look is too plain for a Cid and he's not stubborn or tough like a Cid should be, from what I can remember at least. Maybe that's the problem actually. He just wasn't memorable.

Juraash

I think it's a toss up between VIII and XIV Cid for me. They are both so great and really loved up to this weird legacy in FF games.

Least favorite is probably VII even if he is arguably the most well known. Dude is just such an insufferable asshole. Abusive, rude and just not a very enjoyable character.

Azuran

Banned
Kingdom Heart's Cid is best Cid.

The guy has to babysit Huey, Dewey, and Louie and hasn't gone completely crazy. There's no competition here.

Indeed, and that also why FFIV, being the only (mainline) playable Cid that's not abusive, is the best.

FFVII Cid is an abusive asshole that becomes marginally less of an asshole by the end.
FFIV Cid starts as a great dude that also happens to continuously improve your airships throughout the game.
I dunno, the choice seems pretty clear-cut to me. :D

FFIV is my favorite Cid as well.

Bummer that no one else mentioned World of Final Fantasy's crazy sentient robot Cid...

Best: FF7/KH Cid Highwind. Despite being verbally abusive towards Shera, I liked how human he was, warts and all. Definitely has a heart under that gruff, sarcastic asshole attitude.

Worst: FF13, barely remember anything about that Cid.

Astrael

Cid XI's magnificent teeth will always make me consider him the best. And he was fairly involved in the story, too.

EDIT: Forgot least favorite, uh... I guess I'm not a huge fan of Cid III. II + IV are where the concept of the character really solidified for me, III didn't help much imo.

No love for Cidolfas Orlandu from FFT? He wins for me for being completely brokenly overpowered in the game in which he appears. Gear him up and he can destroy entire parties by himself.

Top Bottom