• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy IX coming to PC & Smartphones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they are masochists.

The only reason FFXII and FFXV might not come to PC is because those ports would require effort.

That's way too much trouble for S-E.

EDIT: 3X speed? Holy shit! Literally the main reason I quit my second attempt at a play-through was because of how slow battles were getting.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
X and X-2 are already in the STEAM registry. So the only ones to worry about are XII and XV.

I don't see XV and Remake coming to PC though. The FF game just don't sell well enough.

I dunno, 500k for FFXIII years late is pretty impressive IMO.

The graphics of this game hold up much better today than 7's and 8's, so I'm not too fussed if they don't do a real make-over. 3x battle speed is the real deal-sealer though!

holy shit, that detail

eda1bae8b47cba47e55880ec45aaa2b1.jpg

I don't see XV and Remake coming to PC though. The FF game just don't sell well enough.

They wouldn't keep porting them to PC if they weren't selling. C'mon now.

The high-speed option is a godsend. I love IX but the slow battles make it a drag.

Real talk. Did this really, REALLY bug anyone with the X/X-2 HD remaster?

I was bugged about going from those crisp, clean HD graphics to that kind of muddy CGI, but it wasn't gamebreaking or OMG TERRIBLE.

Looking at stills I'm slightly less optimistic. Will withhold judgement.

actually hm.... Seems comparable to the other PC ports. Cropped video is unfortunate but typical.

Caffeine

So they finally found all the assets they lost ? I imagine one of the janitors found a folder that fell behind a filing cabinet and was like oh shit ff9

Third time's a charm but you can have my money again w/o regrets Square, completely deserved and happy for the PC only folk who're gonna get their feet wet. Ladies & gents, you're in for a ride.

Bring that X/X-2 and XII now for even more triple dips.

Falk

that puzzling face
Actually, I take it back. All screenshots are pillarboxed 4:3. I think the 16:9 cut was solely for the trailers.

Willing to bet the in-game cutscenes with the game itself will be higher res 4:3. Crisis averted.

I am guessing the "boosters" means micro/ macro -transaction(s), am I right?

Considering how VIII Steam and VII PS4 works, I don't think so. There's no precedent for that.

Momentary

Banned
4bMTPsV.jpg

V6WWIHM.jpg

hVWmoRw.jpg

You know, I think the FFVII HD port is visually inferior from the original, but this one actually looks pretty alright. Would have been great if they had included HD backgrounds, but at least the models don't stick out as repulsively as in FFVII HD.

My debit card just melted.

Goli

I wonder if it'd be possible for people to hack the HD backgrounds from Mama Robotnik's thread into the PC version once it's out...

Sped up battles and AA will do this game some wonders. Might be the first of the big 3 psx FF games I actually pick up on PC
I wonder if it'd be possible for people to hack the HD backgrounds from Mama Robotnik's thread into the PC version once it's out...
Might be weird since this game has a lot of animated objects in the background, like much more than ff8 or 7

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'm actually disappointed that we won't get this on console... =/

That being said, I really wonder how good the iOS will look compared to the PC. Bullshot excluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom