• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy [Mafia] |OT| Living in a Materia World, and I am a Materia Girl

Blargonaut used Phoenix Down

I have a surprise staff meeting in a few minutes. I'll try to be back just before the deadline. I'll keep my vote on Pop and hope for the best in case I don't make it back in time.

5Bb8tc5.gif

At this point I feel better to leave my vote on stack. I felt bad about you because you did not come forward but your last posts made it clear that you have a town win in mind.

Well, guess I got to say thanks for the vote of confidence, nin. In return...

Vote: StackpoleH

Her being the sole voice trying to speak out for me makes me think that they might be scum who's trying to get friendly with me knowing that if I flip town they'll look clean, while, conversely, if they flip scum I'll look scum, allowing their teammate to hold off long enough to get the win.

And Launch, you want a roleclaim, I'll give it to you.

Yuna, Grand Summoner

In flavor it says that I can cast reflect to basically act as a switcher, which doesn't exactly line up all that well, but whatever, I didn't write the role PMs.

Anyway, I had 3 shots for this ability. I used the first N1 to switch Hyper (who claimed cop) and Terrabyte (who claimed ordinary) to vet Hyper's roleclaim since I was highly suspicious of it, and when he claimed a roleblock the following day I knew he was full of it, but I held back on revealing myself and hoped that the better inquisitors on our team would crack Hyper while I focused on the shit that mentioned in my post at the end of D2. This, of course, didn't pan out, but Hyper was basically a dead man walking after D2, so there was at least some upside to it.

Then I noticed how defensive Hyper was getting about Xam D1 and decided that there was a good chance that 1) Xam was scum and 2) that if we had a vig, they'd probably be going for Hyper tonight, so I decided I might as well switch Hyper and Xam. If Xam flipped scum, then that means that we'd have gotten 2 scum instead of one, since there was no chance Hyper would make it out of D3 alive. If I was wrong, though, then I would try to come out with it immediately in hopes that you wouldn't immediately lynch my ass if the vig came forward about the switch, assuming I was a scum switcher.

My plan did actually pan out, though, so I kept quiet about it for the time being, and, when nin DID come forward with the switch, I decided to feign ignorance and even call bullshit on it in hopes that scum would leave me alone out of my assume ignorance on the matter, but this seemed to have backfired, so I guess I have to come clean.

RetroMG

Thanks, Pop. Beat me to it.

Also, the Royal Vote Tool is working again, so current votes can always be found here. (This link is also on the first page.)

nin1000

Banned
Then I noticed how defensive Hyper was getting about Xam D1 and decided that there was a good chance that 1) Xam was scum and 2) that if we had a vig, they'd probably be going for Hyper tonight, so I decided I might as well switch Hyper and Xam. If Xam flipped scum, then that means that we'd have gotten 2 scum instead of one, since there was no chance Hyper would make it out of D3 alive. If I was wrong, though, then I would try to come out with it immediately in hopes that you wouldn't immediately lynch my ass if the vig came forward about the switch, assuming I was a scum switcher.

My plan did actually pan out, though, so I kept quiet about it for the time being, and, when nin DID come forward with the switch, I decided to feign ignorance and even call bullshit on it in hopes that scum would leave me alone out of my assume ignorance on the matter, but this seemed to have backfired, so I guess I have to come clean.

Well played pop. Well played

Then again, a lot of that matches up, but it could be written in retrospective pretty easily.

Does anyone else have anything to say on this roleclaim?

nin1000

Banned
I like it a lot more than the claim stack did. Oh wait......

Don't even try stack. But I have to say that you made me laugh :)

FINE, I'll Role-claim too

VOTE: StackpoleH

I'm a vampire

I'm a vampire

I'm a vampire

I'm a vampire

Sorry, Stack, but every freak in the universe is on this damn Plane

Well, got back online too late. This was a fun game, and I enjoyed myself a lot-- sorry to everyone I annoyed, and thank you for playing with me!

Sorian

Banned
Well, got back online too late. This was a fun game, and I enjoyed myself a lot-- sorry to everyone I annoyed, and thank you for playing with me!

I hope you've enjoyed our little community <3

You fit right in and I hope you will continue joining us for our games! :D

Four of the dolls hoisted StackpoleH onto their shoulders, and carried her to Lulu's feet.

"Majority! Majority!" they chanted, pumping their stubby dolls arms up and down.

StackpoleH glared at Lulu and all of a sudden shed her physical form, revealing the spirit of a voluptuous sorceress clad in red.

"Ew, what's wrong with your hair?" asked Lulu, gazing at the other woman's ivory hornlike coif.

"I could ask the same to you," scoffed the scarlet sorceress.

Lulu rolled her eyes and puffed out her chest. "Anyway, there's only room for one busty witch around here and it sure ain't you."

She shot forth a searing ball of flame from her palm and it enveloped the spirit formerly known as StackpoleH in an instant, burning her away as she laughed maniacally.

"CHAOS REIGNS!" she shouted defiantly before the last dredges of her spirit vanished into the darkness.

StackpoleH, AKA Ultimecia, The Compressor of Time, is dead.

Welcome to the Colosseum, my doll.

You have been chose to house the soul of Ultimecia, Compressor of Time.

You are aligned with The Warriors of Chaos (the bad guys, in other words).

You are a sorceress from the future who possesses and manipulates people from the past in order to achieve time compression. Will your vile machinations come to term, or has your time run out?

Your partners are a secret you shall carry to your grave.

Each night, one of the Warriors of Chaos may kill one of the other players by PMing ScraftyDevil with the command KILL: <Player>

Once per game, you may absorb a target into time during the night by PMing ScraftyDevil the command ABSORB: <Player>. This counts as your team’s KILL command for that night, but removes all evidence of the target from existence, resulting in their role PM not being revealed at the start of the next day.

Not even The Warriors of Chaos will be privy to this information, so choose your target wisely.

You win when the Warriors of Chaos outnumber both the Warriors of Cosmos and Neutral players put together.

The battle starts here:
Everyone, look sharp.

Day 5 has ended.

blu_1452272400.png

Another day, another death.

The corpse of TL21xx lay atop the mountain of other lifeless dolls, and a faint laugh echoed through the air and the last remnants of darkness faded away.

"Sixteen (or was it seventeen?) dolls entered this arena," said Lulu. "Today there are four. If you choose wrong today, there's a very good chance that many of you will not live to see tomorrow. Good luck, everyone. I believe in you all."

TL21xx, AKA Thief, The Regular Party Member, has died.

Welcome to the Colosseum, my doll.

You have been chosen to house the soul of Thief, The Ordinary Party Member.

You are aligned with The Warriors of Cosmos (the good guys, in other words).

Though you&#8217;re among the bravest of warriors, your actual scope of abilities is quite limited. Thus, the only power available to you is to VOTE for who you deem most suspect. Votes can be carried out at any time during the day phase, and whoever has the most votes at the end of the day shall be executed by the queen of this realm.

You win when there are no Warriors of Chaos remaining.

Your battle starts here:
Everyone, look sharp.

Day 6 begins.

blu_1452445200.png

nin1000

Banned
Player list

02. [m] nin1000 Confirmed town
05. [m] LaunchpadMcQ likely mafia
07. [m] Pop-O-Matic likely mafia
16. [m] Blargonaut likely mafia

nin1000

Banned
02. [m] nin1000 Confirmed town
05. [m] LaunchpadMcQ likely mafia
07. [m] Pop-O-Matic not so likely mafia
16. [m] Blargonaut likely mafia

Well, this is going to turn on me pretty quickly, so I better come clean.

I took a gamble yesterday. I was fairly convinced there was only one mafia left, and it was between Stackpole and Pop. So, I made up a roleclaim to try to accomplish a couple of things.

1) Force some roleclaims, which turned out pretty well, because I think Pop was telling the truth.
2) Make myself a target in case a single mafia member survived into the night phase; I was thinking he would feel threatened and kill me off.
3) This game had gotten boring and I wanted to spice things up.

I really pulled that rabbit out of my hat at the last minute, and it was only 2/3 (maybe 1/3) successful, but I only regret it because there is another mafia member left and this immediately makes me a target. And we're in MyLo now. So, if it's basically all my fault if you guys lynch me and we lose. I'll take responsibility for a bad gamble.

However, I will say that what transpired in this night phase should be pretty telling... or rather, would be, if the switcher and roleblocker were town and either one doesn't lie.

I believe Nin's roleclaim, because someone had to be the vig. That much is obvious. However, I'm not convinced that the switcher or the roleblocker are town. But, because the switcher switched two mafia members and accidentally caused the death of one, I am more inclined to believe Pop in this case.

I think that Blarg is a scum roleblocker.

In either case, I suspect that the scum among these two players is waiting for me to make a post - Blarg probably targeted me with his ability or perhaps Pop tried to switch himself with someone else. I suggest whichever of you are town come forth and share what your actions were last night.

I want to discuss this very thoroughly before putting votes down, so let's not get hasty here.

P.S. I'm a Fighter, ordinary party member.

I took a gamble yesterday. I was fairly convinced there was only one mafia left, and it was between Stackpole and Pop. So, I made up a roleclaim to try to accomplish a couple of things.

1) Force some roleclaims, which turned out pretty well, because I think Pop was telling the truth.
2) Make myself a target in case a single mafia member survived into the night phase; I was thinking he would feel threatened and kill me off.

I really pulled that rabbit out of my hat at the last minute, and it was only 2/3 (maybe 1/3) successful, but I only regret it because there is another mafia member left and this immediately makes me a target. And we're in MyLo now. So, if it's basically all my fault if you guys lynch me and we lose. I'll take responsibility for a bad gamble.

However, I will say that what transpired in this night phase should be pretty telling... or rather, would be, if the switcher and roleblocker were town and either one doesn't lie.

I believe Nin's roleclaim, because someone had to be the vig. That much is obvious. However, I'm not convinced that the switcher or the roleblocker are town. But, because the switcher switched two mafia members and accidentally caused the death of one, I am more inclined to believe Pop in this case.

In either case, I suspect that the scum among these two players is waiting for me to make a post - Blarg probably targeted me with his ability or perhaps Pop tried to switch himself with someone else. I suggest whichever of you are town come forth and share what your actions were last night.

I want to discuss this very thoroughly before putting votes down, so let's not get hasty here.

Let me correct that - he probably wouldn't have been able to roleblock and kill on the same night.

nin1000

Banned

I thought you were a liar but since you are launch and i dont like how blarg played this game my vote is going to fall on blarg.

xTaEW79.gif

You win when there are no Warriors of Chaos remaining.

You win when the Warriors of Chaos outnumber both the Warriors of Cosmos and Neutral players put together.

Hey, don't go fucking finishing your 3-course meal just yet, nin.

You know what's left?

2 Cosmos
1 Chaos
1 Neutral

I'm that 1 Neutral. Having me for dessert won't Hasten these proceedings at all, that is, if you're really one of the last 2 Cosmos.

It's my theory that someone tried to kill me Night 1. And they failed, because I was Bulletproof that Night, thanks to my adoring fans. Hence that single death. There is no Roleblocker.

I'm Bartz Klauser, Neutral 'Job-based Bulletproof' Survivor, to be exact, with a power gimmick that revolved around my erratic Daily posting style this game.

So pls, would you kindly wait the fuck while I type out the full explanation of my Role.

And nin, if you try to influence a TURBO on me before I've the chance to say my full part, I hope the rest of you know what to do with that #scumtell.

And nin, if you try to influence a TURBO on me before I've the chance to say my full part, I hope the rest of you know what to do with that #scumtell.

I won't let it happen, don't worry.

I have a question, though. If Nin isn't the vig, then we don't have a vig, unless part of your power allows you to kill. Why have we been having 2 kills on some nights?

nin1000

Banned
I won't let it happen, don't worry.

I have a question, though. If Nin isn't the vig, then we don't have a vig, unless part of your power allows you to kill. Why have we been having 2 kills on some nights?

Because i killed them ? Like i said i am cecil, and those who played FF4 know that he was the bad guy in the beginning but turned into a paladin later on.

2 shit town killer who can decide to "convert" via a night action in order to be a doc for 2 shits.

Blarg one thing concerns me though.

I GOT BLOCKED N1, so either Seath was the RB or somehing is wrong here.

Because i killed them ? Like i said i am cecil, and those who played FF4 know that he was the bad guy in the beginning but turned into a paladin later on.

2 shit town killer who can decide to "convert" via a night action in order to be a doc for 2 shits.

Blarg one thing concerns me though.

I GOT BLOCKED N1, so either Seath was the RB or somehing is wrong here.

Yes, and you could be lying. The only indications of an RB even existing come from you, and from Hyperactivity.

Going to say real quick that I switched Blarg and TL last night.

I assumed that TL, who claimed ordinary, was the most likely to be scum and, if I was wrong, we'd only be down an ordinary rather than a PR.

Blarg, on the other hand, would be safe even if I would up moving scum's kill to him because I assumed that he was the bulletproof yesterday after a couple of breadcrumb posts along with his about-face on nin following his reveal that he targeted Sorian N1 (instead of Blarg like I assumed Blarg thought happened when nin said he was blocked N1). Everyone was still reading Blarg as a roleblocker, though, so I decided not to speak up and correct anyone since I felt that, if scum thought Blarg was the roleblocker, they'd target him tonight, giving me a chance to reverse the kill on Blarg back on to them and win us the game. This plan obviously failed, but, unless Blarg planned on this exact scenario and turned the blade on himself last night hoping I'd switch it, I think it's safe to say he's not scum.

nin, at this point, is pretty likely town in my book, since I doubt that scum trying to claim vig would have known about my Hyper/Xam switch, but maybe they assumed that Xam's N2 death was too out of place to have been the act of the real vig and decided to roll the dice on it, assuming that, if they were right, it'd make their case look that much stronger. I don't think that it's all that likely, but it is a possibility.

And, of course, there's Launch. I've already noted scummy behavior from him the previous day, and after him pressuring other players into roleclaims they weren't comfortable with by making a fake roleclaim of his own and threatening NKing anyone who didn't roleclaim, along with Stackpole flipping with an ability that confirms that scum was responsible for Seath's death, a situation he was so adamant didn't happen that he was willing to lynch the one person willing to question it, shit is just looking worse for him. I really want to believe that he's just a confused townie who's been making well intentioned mistake after well intentioned mistake, but it just isn't looking plausible at this point.

Going to say real quick that I switched Blarg and TL last night.

I assumed that TL, who claimed ordinary, was the most likely to be scum and, if I was wrong, we'd only be down an ordinary rather than a PR.

Blarg, on the other hand, would be safe even if I would up moving scum's kill to him because I assumed that he was the bulletproof yesterday after a couple of breadcrumb posts along with his about-face on nin following his reveal that he targeted Sorian N1 (instead of Blarg like I assumed Blarg thought happened when nin said he was blocked N1). Everyone was still reading Blarg as a roleblocker, though, so I decided not to speak up and correct anyone since I felt that, if scum thought Blarg was the roleblocker, they'd target him tonight, giving me a chance to reverse the kill on Blarg back on to them and win us the game. This plan obviously failed, but, unless Blarg planned on this exact scenario and turned the blade on himself last night hoping I'd switch it, I think it's safe to say he's not scum.

nin, at this point, is pretty likely town in my book, since I doubt that scum trying to claim vig would have known about my Hyper/Xam switch, but maybe they assumed that Xam's N2 death was too out of place to have been the act of the real vig and decided to roll the dice on it, assuming that, if they were right, it'd make their case look that much stronger. I don't think that it's all that likely, but it is a possibility.

And, of course, there's Launch. I've already noted scummy behavior from him the previous day, and after him pressuring other players into roleclaims they weren't comfortable with by making a fake roleclaim of his own and threatening NKing anyone who didn't roleclaim, along with Stackpole flipping with an ability that confirms that scum was responsible for Seath's death, a situation he was so adamant didn't happen that he was willing to lynch the one person willing to question it, shit is just looking worse for him. I really want to believe that he's just a confused townie who's been making well intentioned mistake after well intentioned mistake, but it just isn't looking plausible at this point.

If you're telling the truth about TL and Blarg switch... that looks none too good on me. That means Blarg was the target last night.

For the bold, it wasn't that big a gamble. Hyper was a hot ticket item on that night phase.

I know what I did has backfired on us, but would you have roleclaimed if I hadn't done that? Your roleclaim helped us get Stackpole. I may not have said it explicitly, but your roleclaim sold me on Stackpole. Why the hell would I come down against her if she was on my team? There's basically nothing I've got to exonerate myself at the moment. I know that. I'm hoping Blarg can give us something that stops us from making a dumb mistake.

Sidenote, I see now that Seath was killed by Stackpole.

I will say that there are two scenarios I'm seeing right now.

1) Nin and Pop are telling the truth; Blarg is spinning yarn and is a scum roleblocker. You have to admit, Pop, if Nin is telling the truth, he must have been blocked. If Blarg is saying he didn't block him, I'm an ordinary, and you're the switcher, there's something amiss here.

2) Blarg and Pop are telling the truth; Nin is lying. If it's this scenario, there was never any roleblocker. I'm not sure if this neutral thing is legit; it could just be a catch-all on Scrafty's part. However, the only indication of roleblocking has been from Hyper, who was scum. Also, that means there was a kill yesterday, unlike what I was convinced of. I am inclined to believe this scenario right now, to be quite frank.

Top Bottom