• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireVoa

Just saved up for my first 11 pull after just doing 5s up till now and was wondering if I should wait until the next event to pull? I snagged a Blitzsword and Balamb uniform for my 5 stars gets so far.

Roto13

Just saved up for my first 11 pull after just doing 5s up till now and was wondering if I should wait until the next event to pull? I snagged a Blitzsword and Balamb uniform for my 5 stars gets so far.

Depends on what you want. If there's a character coming whose weapon you're going to want, save your mythrilz.

Vorpal

Repeatedly getting hit with two tsunamis back-to-back in the heroic daily is so friggin' annoying. Holy crap

Edit: Going back to the hard daily after hobbling through heroic difficulties for a while is a great way to feel like your party CRAZY POWERFUL

FireVoa

Depends on what you want. If there's a character coming whose weapon you're going to want, save your mythrilz.

That would be Squall but it doesn't sound like hell be in the newest update... maybe an event later on?

Edit: Never mind, I let my gf do the pull and nothig but sadness followed... :(

It's an endurance fight. You're better off bringing 6 Blizzara than 1 Shiva.

Yeah, I keep thinking Terra can use summons but she can't. My Rydia is only Level 28. I have 4-2 on ice spells(2 and 3 star) and 4-2 on ice strikes. Probably need those both at least 6-4. Did get Power Break and Defense Break. Also have Dark Attack 4 uses. Cura/Curaga are at 6 uses each. Guess people are saying it's not too tough to beat T-Rex but tough to master. Have 3 members of my party closing in on 50(Cloud, Terra, Cyan) but then I have around 4 around level 39(Aeris, Celes, Tyro and White Mage). Hopefully I beat it before the event closes.

Vorpal

LZ7hfon.gif

Wazzy

Banned

All I wanted was the SeeD uniform. My luck with the VIII bracket right now. <3

Falk is going to kill me
I am officially done with pulls until Squall event.
Good luck.
Thanks! :p
Didn't you already get a bunch of VIII stuff? May want to wait for a new banner.
I was too tempted by the fact I didn't have the SeeD uniform while I had all the other armour from the bracket.

I think I'm waiting until they do the mobacoin sale or a real relicfest where lots of different soul break weapons have increased rate. I'm tired of all this 5* armor.

Noi

I feel like I got more 3* power orbs than 2* out of the Hard daily today. Managed to make both Venom and Blind buster, but only a single double cut Hone to level 2.

Thanks! I hope I have the same luck with Squall. xD

Hold out until him if you really want his relic? :D
You should have a bit of time to stockpile Mythril until then. Hopefully you can have Squall be just as kitted out as Rinoa. :)

If I'm gonna go for any FFVIII character's weapon specifically, it'll be Quistis, but I just want someone's Soul Break weapon. Hopefully we'll get some rate up banners for multiple weapons again soon and I'll probably give it another spin.

Cross posting from reddit:

I've heard the cries countless times. "What has the best drops for X?" "Where can I farm FF5 gear?" I'm here to answer that question. I've been hard at work on a tool that will allow crowdsourcing this information -- all automatically and without your intervention at all.

It's still very early in development, and needs considerable work because I can really say it's robust enough to be ready for prime time, but with new dungeons releasing probably tomorrow, I want to get this out there now so we can start getting some early data.

You're probably wondering how this works, and how it's even possible to crowd source with zero user interaction. I'm sure by now everyone is familiar with recordpeeker . What I've done here is similar, but instead of showing you the information about what drops you're going to get from a particular round, I instead write it to a database. A remote database, that everyone else using the app is also using. And the app can read from the database too, so on startup you'll always have the latest and greatest set of data as collected by all the other people using the app. All you do is run this program, point your proxy server at it, and play the game. Everything else is magic. Here's a screenshot of what it looks like when you're in a battle.

fvbOzcp.jpg

But wait! It does more! I'm sure you all have seen /u/aryantes wonderful relic drop rates spreadsheet. My proxy pulls this information automatically when you view the gacha, and shows you the information. No need for anyone to manually update a spreadsheet with this information anymore, as long as you're running the app, you just go click the gacha banner and boom, you can see everything and its corresponding drop rates. Take a look, here's another screenshot.

HEFng3g.jpg

I'm sure by now you've noticed from the screenshot there's other tabs. Those aren't implemented yet, but they're coming soon. I think the main feature here is the crowd-source drop rate information, so i want to get this out there and start testing and getting feedback so I can do a real non-beta, fully working release. I will say though, that if you've followed my spreadsheet in the past and have been wondering why I haven't been updating it, now you know. That "Inventory" tab you see, once I get it working, the idea is to have it be automatic. You don't even have to type your items in anymore, it will just figure it out and do everything my spreadsheet used to do without ever needing updates each time new items are released.

How can you help?
What I'm hoping to get is 20 people interested in helping me test this. Realistically the database can handle much more than that, but my limited schedule and ability to handle the deluge of incoming requests cannot :) So to start with, 20 people. Must have access to a comptuer with Windows 7 or higher. Sorry Mac / Linux users.

Ideally (but this is not a hard requirement) I would love it if the people who are interested in helping me test this are willing to blow some mythril or gems on refilling stamina. That will allow more testing, more data collection, more chances to find issues. And I'm hoping to get some early data over a wide variety of dungeons. Not just the new dungeons coming out tomorrow (hopefully tomorrow anyway).

Happy to answer questions / take feedback here, but if you want to help me test, please send email to the address mentioned above and mention your NeoGAF name.

So we're expecting a bunch of FF8 synergy gear with the dungeons coming today(?) right? I want to finish that FF8 event, but I feel like I'm going to have to devote a day or two to gear grinding to stand a chance.

Wow a complete total of 6 orbs (from a potential of 15) from 45 stamina for the new daily. Total not worth bothering with.

Dailies are really becoming a frustration :((

Falk

that puzzling face
Here (FFIV Heroic Daily) there be dragons.

Like 2348234 types of dragons

All of them AOE

edit: also giants that punch Cloud for 2.5k

edit2: 9 orbs 45 stam.

Would have been more useful if I wasn't super short on 3* Power orbs, but turns out I am! Back to Humbaba for me.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

This looks great - definitely interested in helping any way I possibly can. I'm pretty proficient with C# and proxies also (see: Enhanced Steam Standalone, Idle Master), so I may be able to help in that regard as well. Feel free to PM me.

Nohar

Arright. FFIV Elite dungeons completed! I just need to redo the fight against Golbez, didn't manage to master it. Also need to complete 2 FFVI dungeons and 2 FFV dungeons. I'm giving the Ship Graveyard a go. Wish me luck.

On a side note: FFV is the best FF, hands down.

Road

Time travel confirms today is the update.

Today's heroic is easy. No enemy that attacks all makes it way less annoying. Need them greater earth orbs for protectga and quake. Got on my first battle, but I won't be surprised if it's all I get today. haha

How can you help?

Happy to answer questions / take feedback here, but if you want to help me test, please send email to the address mentioned above and mention your NeoGAF name.

Looks great. I could test a little. There's no e-mail. You can pm the details I guess.

Have you talked to the other people who made the other middle-man proxy tools? I feel like there's three (or more) guys doing the "same thing" separately and it would theoretically be better if you joined forces.

Also, someone needs to bring these tools to Android and iOS, since this is a mobile game and we're not always next to a PC.

Falk

that puzzling face
Have you talked to the other people who made the other middle-man proxy tools? I feel like there's three (or more) guys doing the "same thing" separately and it would theoretically be better if you joined forces.

Not going to tell you how to do things, but different people have different ideas on what constitutes 'too far'.

I think even automatic #24 rolling was pushing it as far as raising the 'botting' flags go.

Razmos

Consistently got expert on today's hard daily. 2 for actions taken and 2 for damage taken, on every single floor.

Eurgh so annoying. The enemies attack too quickly for me not to take damage, so a lot of my actions are Aerith using Cura and Curaga to stop me from dying.

Jyrii

Banned
I have now mastered all elite dungeons except for North Mountain (V).

Magissa and Forza (mostly Forza) are still kicking my ass. Last time Rydia got tackled before casting Dark and rest of my people didn't cause enough dmg against Forza after downing Magissa.

Not going to tell you how to do things, but different people have different ideas on what constitutes 'too far'.

I think even automatic #24 rolling was pushing it as far as raising the 'botting' flags go.

I actually contributed a few patches to recordpeeker to make it work on windows, but i lost interest when i saw that forever 24 thing. I talked to a few other people but everyone had different ideas about how it should work

Jyrii

Banned
I have now mastered all elite dungeons except for North Mountain (V).

Magissa and Forza (mostly Forza) are still kicking my ass. Last time Rydia got tackled before casting Dark and rest of my people didn't cause enough dmg against Forza after downing Magissa.

Holy crap, I did it!

Was down to Cloud and he would have died on the next normal hit.

Roto13

All the resonance gear and FF4 characters made this daily super easy. Rydia, Kain, and 2x Cecil tore it to pieces.

Yup. I used Rydia and the Cecils with a few pieces of IV gear and totally destroyed it. Full Champion on all floors.

Holy crap, I did it!

Was down to Cloud and he would have died on the next normal hit.

Great. Did you Master the dungeon? (Seems to be actually impossible to get Champion on the fight specifically, but the dungeon can be mastered anyway.)

Jyrii

Banned
Great. Did you Master the dungeon? (Seems to be actually impossible to get Champion on the fight specifically, but the dungeon can be mastered anyway.)

Ýeah, got champion on all of the levels before the boss level. Mostly just auto attacked those levels.

Time travel confirms today is the update.

Today's heroic is easy. No enemy that attacks all makes it way less annoying. Need them greater earth orbs for protectga and quake. Got on my first battle, but I won't be surprised if it's all I get today. haha

Looks great. I could test a little. There's no e-mail. You can pm the details I guess.

Also, someone needs to bring these tools to Android and iOS, since this is a mobile game and we're not always next to a PC.

Check the reddit post. Email address is at the bottom, I forgot to include it originally. Make sure to create a github account first and include your github username when you email. I failed to mention that the first time around so now everyone who emailed me already has to go create an account and then email me again, lol.

johnsmith

remember me
The drop rates on these heroics are a joke. 15 stamina for 1 or 2 3* orbs. I usually get that many in the hard one, with a ton of 2* to boot.

The drop rates on these heroics are a joke. 15 stamina for 1 or 2 3* orbs. I usually get that many in the hard one, with a ton of 2* to boot.

I get 1-2 Lightning Orbs every time in this Heroic Daily. You're lucky to get 1 Lightning Orb on a full bar of stamina in the hard daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom