• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitoro

This game feels like it was well into development before the F2P RPGs hit their stride.

I can't get excited about gacha pulls for rare weapons like I could for rare characters.

The characters themselves don't seem like they have any sort of synergy to build a group around aside from just using whatever characters match with whatever game series.

Would be nice to see some social features like sharing leaders.

I guess all that's what Brave Exvius will be for, I suppose.

Woohoo!

eTsmkdN.jpg

hesho

is there a drop list anywhere for the bosses? I'd ask for the monsters but i am more curious if any of the bosses drops any gear worth trying to farm..

p.s. still can't decide what to do with my mythril :/

EGM92

Installed it last night, finished all the regular content. I don't think doing the Elite content is a viable option without breaking the balance of the game.

Really liking the sprite versions of 3D characters/art.

Negator

God damn it. I accidentally made Regen instead of Cura.

Have to grind all those orbs again...aaaaaaaaaaggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Om3ga

Is the only way to have another account for this game to have another Google Play account? I was loading this up in Bluestacks and to my surprise my account showed up! It seems the game syncs to the Google account on your device.

Negator

For those of you who have played the Japanese version, regarding the daily events.

Do the first time bonuses reset every week, or do you only get the first time bonus once and that's it?

Wazzy

Banned
I just got this tonight and I'm in love. The music and sprites are fantastic and soooo damn nostalgic. I'll probably tear up once I unlock an VIII realm.

For the buster sword, I'm a little confused about the drop since it says until March 31-April 1st yet I see people already rolling it.

Roto13

I just got this tonight and I'm in love. The music and sprites are fantastic and soooo damn nostalgic. I'll probably tear up once I unlock an VIII realm.

For the buster sword, I'm a little confused about the drop since it says until March 31-April 1st yet I see people already rolling it.

What's confusing about that?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

It's through; 3/31 18 PST is the same as 4/1 2 UTC.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Holy shit the Buster Sword just destroys things

The Buster Sword is the best sword (in terms of attack/damage) until
you get Sephiroth's Masamune
... and Cloud has the highest native attack strength of any character (Until
Sephiroth is unlocked as a playable character
). So you really couldn't do any better.

I got a question. Are any special characters from draws or are draws only for equipment? If it's the latter, I might be playing this game for the long haul.

I feel bad for neglecting Terra Battle. :(

ZiggyST

Banned
Am I the only one who find this game fun and a little addictive but hate the horrible way that runs on android?

Infinite amounts of loading screens, scrollviews almost unusable, loading/contacting server after almost everything, and it runs very slow on some screens. And all of it is unnecessary, is a single player game.

I have the latest nexus7 so the processor should be ok for a game like this.

Does it work so badly on iOS too?

Holy shit the Buster Sword just destroys things

I'm using a weapon for Cloud called Maneater from VI. It's a 4 star dagger that goes up to lvl 15 and that's pretty strong. Nice substitute while I wait pray for Gjallahorn Buster to drop.

BTW how do you get accessories? I've not had any yet.

Wow, the achievements for this are ultra lame.

Are there more better ones in the Japanese version (ie: we'll get them as we catch up)?

Also, is your tutorial pull always the same? I got a five-star sword.

Yaari

Wow, the achievements for this are ultra lame.

Are there more better ones in the Japanese version (ie: we'll get them as we catch up)?

Also, is your tutorial pull always the same? I got a five-star sword.

If you got a 5 star sword you are pretty lucky. 5* items have a 5% rate. Some of us thought 5 star items werent even available through the tutorial pull. Was it the Buster Sword?

Fun game with an awesome concept. Too bad the UI looks like it was made by amateurs. Cutscenes also look like garbage on my iPad.

But yes, Buster Sword is boss.

If you got a 5 star sword you are pretty lucky. 5* items have a 5% rate. Some of us thought 5 star items werent even available through the tutorial pull. Was it the Buster Sword?
Nope, it was a Falchion (VI) I think, my iPad is charging but I'll confirm that later.

I guess I hit the jackpot then, my guy one hit kills everything but bosses, haha.

Yaari

Nope, it was a Falchion (VI) I think, my iPad is charging but I'll confirm that later.

I guess I hit the jackpot then, my guy one hit kills everything but bosses, haha.

Are you sure it was the "First Relic Draw"? Because thus far nobody seemed to have gotten anything above a 3*.

Road

Am I the only one who find this game fun and a little addictive but hate the horrible way that runs on android?

Infinite amounts of loading screens, scrollviews almost unusable, loading/contacting server after almost everything, and it runs very slow on some screens. And all of it is unnecessary, is a single player game.

This game's menu interface is heinous. It is not only annoyingly slow due to constant loading, it is terribly designed, with one million menu layers, misuse of space and, well, ugly.

The ready equipment menu, how hard is it to load all the equipment at once? Mess...

I'm gonna blame DeNA, because I haven't encountered such abomination in other SE mobile FF.

Z3M0G

GOLD GOLD GOLD. Gonna get filthy rich today.

The Buster Sword is the best sword (in terms of attack/damage) until
you get Sephiroth's Masamune
... and Cloud has the highest native attack strength of any character (Until
Sephiroth is unlocked as a playable character
). So you really couldn't do any better.

BONER

Yaari

Yeah the gold dungeons are quite rewarding. I'm going to restart until April 1st just running til the 15 Mithril, might get the Buster Sword.

Deadly

Does it work so badly on iOS too?
The scrolling thing is definitely annoying. I thought it was just me though since I'm still using a Galaxy S2

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
The scrolling thing is definitely annoying. I thought it was just me though since I'm still using a Galaxy S2

It's actually worse on the newer qhd phones. The game is poorly optimised. Hopefully it gets better after a few updates.

Z3M0G

It's actually worse on the newer qhd phones. The game is poorly optimised. Hopefully it gets better after a few updates.

Hope so, but since the game is so much farther along in Japan, id assume we got the most stable version of the game, just not all the content.

This game is such a huge battery drain... it also om-noms battery like no ones business even when it's suspended... it's good for quick bits of distraction, but I don't think I have the time or the battery to play for extended periods.

Colby

This game is such a huge battery drain... it also om-noms battery like no ones business even when it's suspended... it's good for quick bits of distraction, but I don't think I have the time or the battery to play for extended periods.
Yeah, I was gonna say this, too. Not sure if it's not optimized correctly or something, but it totally sucks the battery dry. I've gotta keep it on a charger if I want to play longer than half an hour.

mstevens

Just got a 5 star regal gown that Tyro can use (I assume Rydia and WM can use it too, but I'm not currently using them).

Just got a 5 star regal gown that Tyro can use (I assume Rydia and WM can use it too, but I'm not currently using them).

So, I have TWO of those (I got both for using the mythril draw) and have them on Tyro and Rydia. It's a great piece of armor, but it's kinda annoying to me that I got two of 'em in back-to-back draws. What are the odds, right?

I will say Rydia is a beast with magic, so I think she'll be a good addition to my party, especially when I get enough orbs to craft the crazier magic.

Om3ga

Rydia has the highest Magic Attack, and second highest healing. I'm hitting in the 1000s with Rydia's magic. She cures well too, but I use white mage for healing as her limit cures all.

Yeah the gold dungeons are quite rewarding. I'm going to restart until April 1st just running til the 15 Mithril, might get the Buster Sword.
How are you restarting? Second device? I've figured out that you can, "re-roll" using Bluestacks or Andy, but I had to make a new Google ID each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom