• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaari

How are you restarting? Second device? I've figured out that you can, "re-roll" using Bluestacks or Andy, but I had to make a new Google ID each time.

Lol, factory restore. It's very tedious and takes long, but I don't have to be near it all the time, and don't have much better to do. I'll probably quit at the first 5* item I get.

Meffer

Am I the only one who find this game fun and a little addictive but hate the horrible way that runs on android?

Infinite amounts of loading screens, scrollviews almost unusable, loading/contacting server after almost everything, and it runs very slow on some screens. And all of it is unnecessary, is a single player game.

I have the latest nexus7 so the processor should be ok for a game like this.

Does it work so badly on iOS too?
Works fine on my 6.

kiyoaki

Got my Buster Sword up to lvl 10, and I'm just breezing through the Gil dungeon on normal. You can actually one-shot most bosses in the classic dungeons with Braver. But the elite dungeons are still hard to master.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Interesting interview that may or may not have been posted

http://www.rpgfan.com/features/Final_Fantasy_Record_Keeper_Studio_Visit/Interview.html

I had to get the free to play (F2P) question out of the way first, since I know many of you reading this are already skeptical about that model, because of how easily it can be abused. Mr. Hazama responded first, and explained that he's aware F2P games aren't exactly favored by many "core" gamers, but he's still confident about the quality of Record Keeper. Enough so that he feels it can overcome the stigmas that might be associated with the F2P model. Mr. Tokumaru echoed his sentiment, and both commented that the nice thing about the game being free is that it's easy for people to give it a try. There's no barrier to entry, so if you're a fan of the Final Fantasy series, it's easy to download and see if the game is for you or not. Furthermore, the developers are always open to player feedback as well.

Knowing the game has been downloaded over 5 million times, I asked what kind of player feedback the two companies have received so far. They seemed pleased with the reception — average review scores on both the iOS App Store and Google Play are 4-4.5 stars, which I'd be content with too. Record Keeper is largely about nostalgia, and they say players have enjoyed reliving the moments they loved years ago, here again in Record Keeper.

Given that new events are still being released for the Japanese version, I asked how they plan to handle the Western version, and if there will ever be a time where we catch up with the Japanese version. While they couldn't confirm the latter, they did explain that it's the plan to have parity one day. In the meantime, the English version of FFRK is scheduled to have new events weekly. Given that there's a large pool of events to pull from the Japanese version, it sounds like there's no risk of us running out of new content any time soon. It's also likely that we'll see a different release schedule for events out here, so the order the events were introduced in Japan may not necessarily be representative of how they release in English versions.

The different markets will also influence the characters that we'll see in the West... or at least, the order in which we'll see them. Both the Western and Japanese markets have different favorite characters, so the developers consider this when deciding which characters to introduce and when.

Just for fun, I asked if we might even see some non-standard characters in Record Keeper. As an example, I mentioned that All the Bravest has characters such as a chocobo, pig, and so on. This wasn't met with a straight-up "no," although the producers explained that All the Bravest, while entertaining, isn't exactly a "game," so it's a different kind of experience. Take that however you want.

More at the link

Another quick question that I haven't seen the exact answer to, what exactly determines your rating at the end of a battle chain? Is it better to win in more actions or less actions? Does damage mean all time or how much currently taken?

Fewer actions in that set of battles -> high action ranking, less damage taken in a set of battles -> high damage ranking. It doesn't seem like the damage ranking penalizes you for damage from past sets of battles.

So if you don't get all 3 statues on a first try you can easily come back with a over leveled party and auto attack your way to max rating? Good to know

hesho

kinda curious... can anyone post SS of the game? I noticed that ppl r saying it looks like FFVI on android (yikes!) but mine doesn't look like that. Mine looks like the original sprites. I'm curious if ppl are mistaken with how it looks or am i just going crazy?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
kinda curious... can anyone post SS of the game? I noticed that ppl r saying it looks like FFVI on android (yikes!) but mine doesn't look like that. Mine looks like the original sprites. I'm curious if ppl are mistaken with how it looks or am i just going crazy?

err, no one is saying that. It looks the same for everyone.

What you are hearing complaints about is that the screenshots used to form the paintings and background images in the menus in the Western version come from versions other than the original releases (FFIV's comes from DS/iOS/Android, FFV's comes from iOS/Android, while FFVI's comes from SNES). Not the game itself.

Ashodin

err, no one is saying that. It looks the same for everyone.

What you are hearing complaints about is that the screenshots used to form the paintings and background images in the menus in the Western version come from versions other than the original releases (FFIV's comes from DS/iOS/Android, FFV's comes from iOS/Android, while FFVI's comes from SNES). Not the game itself.

Seems to be whatever the latest version of the title to be released is (Square hoping people be like "OMG I NEED TO PLAY ORIGINAL OH YAY ITS ON ANDROID BUBUYBUY")

Except FF6 for some reason

Beelzebubs

Damn just getting my ass handed to me in the first FF7 elite, I don't seem to notice a specific animation for when the scorpion is about to raise it's tail and I can't cancel attacks that have been made.

garath

Damn just getting my ass handed to me in the first FF7 elite, I don't seem to notice a specific animation for when the scorpion is about to raise it's tail and I can't cancel attacks that have been made.

From what I've noticed is it will move the tail after three attacks.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

You just get a feel for it. Or grab a timer and time it.

Pangya

Is there a specific stat that affects buff duration, or is it fixed? I haven't done long enough battles to notice it, but I'm guessing in later dungeons abilities like Protect and Boost don't last for the whole round right?

elty

Tried the hard daily and they hit for like 1500.
Seems there are no easy 3 or 4 stars item street the ff7 elite dungeon.

BJK

Anyone else stuck at Mt. Kolts?

Stuck with mostly 1* and 2* equipment, outside from the 3* rare I got during the demo phase.

I wish there were more characters I actually wanted to have in my party available at this point (my party is all Lv. 16-17).

Yaari

Well, got my Buster Sword. Was fortunate enough for it to be the first 5* item I found. took me like 6 rerolls. Was fairly time consuming since I had to factory reset each time. But I like to start strong, and I don't plan on spending much on this game.

It's a sick sword and deals 10 times more damage than my other characters on level 1.

Negator

If anyone is inclined to do some farming, The Ship Graveyard boss drops Black Cowl (IV)*** in case you're having trouble with any armor pieces. To my knowledge it is the only three star drop I've seen so far that isn't an Orb.

elty

Went to the elite FF IV Mist cave (first one, lv20) and got killed by the mist dragon, even I did it carefully by not attacking the mist.

Looks like my team won't make any further with a lousy lv 20 team and maxed 2 star items.

Went to the elite FF IV Mist cave (first one, lv20) and got killed by the mist dragon, even I did it carefully by not attacking the mist.

Looks like my team won't make any further with a lousy lv 20 team and maxed 2 star items.
The next FF IV stage with the Octopus is easier. Full thunder skills help.

I feel like so many of the characters I have so far cover the same role in the party (Cloud, Tidus, Kane, Wakka, Warrior) the only thing that really diversifies them from what I've been able to gather is that Wakka can use this Chakra I found and his spirit break does water damage which is annoying.

Lork

Is there really no way to make it pause when you get your turn during battles? Because the way it is by default is unpleasant to the point of being unplayable.

ATB was always a dumb system, but previous games had the option (on by default from what I remember) to pause when you were in a sub-menu, which at least made it tolerable.

CTLance

I just finished the standard game mode, apparently. Huh. That's a bit soon. I mean, there's still a lot of Elite dungeons to explore and stuff, but still. Was kinda abrupt. On the other hand, I just drew my first four star item. Yay! It's the hammer so only the keeper guy can use it, but still, four star item. So good.

Anyway. This game absolutely needs a party tool. I mean, as in, allowing us to define certain parties/presets that you can switch around easily, for example one core-only party for the Gil dungeon, a party with two healers for hard bosses and another one with only brawlers for grindy areas. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but a romp through the Gil dungeon is taking me waaaay too long since I need to manually switch party members around and redistribute skills and equipment before and after. Which takes a while on my iPad 2.

Also, I've listened to the Veldt theme (Gil dungeon BGM) for far too long. Such a catchy tune. Urge to play FF6, rising.

terrisus

Is there really no way to make it pause when you get your turn during battles? Because the way it is by default is unpleasant to the point of being unplayable.

ATB was always a dumb system, but previous games had the option (on by default from what I remember) to pause when you were in a sub-menu, which at least made it tolerable.

Agreed, I much prefer Wait/Pause.

Negator

I feel like so many of the characters I have so far cover the same role in the party (Cloud, Tidus, Kane, Wakka, Warrior) the only thing that really diversifies them from what I've been able to gather is that Wakka can use this Chakra I found and his spirit break does water damage which is annoying.

Cloud can use Spellblade, so that's pretty good. I put Thunder Strike on him and he just wrecks shit.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

LR makes the ATB system amazing.

elty

Elite Sinspawn is hard! Not sure if I should kill the spawn first as they respawn but they hit hard if left alone.

JNA

Banned
I got a question. How do I restart and start all over again?

ive been trying to clear way on my android but clearing data doesn't work like it does for Chain Chronicle. 0_0

Anybody know how?

chrono01

I got a question. How do I restart and start all over again?

ive been trying to clear way on my android but clearing data doesn't work like it does for Chain Chronicle. 0_0

Anybody know how?
You can't, I don't believe. You'll either need to transfer your primary account to a secondary device which should start a new file on your primary, and factory reset your phone each time you want to re-roll.

They definitely don't make it easy. :(

JNA

Banned
You can't, I don't believe. You'll either need to transfer your primary account to a secondary device which should start a new file on your primary, and factory reset your phone each time you want to re-roll.

They definitely don't make it easy. :(

Damn really?

What a bummer. I guess I'll try doing that. Have you done it before yourself?

chrono01

Damn really?

What a bummer. I guess I'll try doing that. Have you done it before yourself?
I haven't, since I play so many IAP/gatcha games, I really didn't want to go through the process with another one.

I did re-roll for all of the previous ones, most recently One Piece Treasure Cruise and Chain Chronicle. For Treasure Cruise it was simple, I just needed to delete the game and re-install. Chain Chronicle, on the other hand, I had to transfer my account to a second device, start up a new one on my primary, rinse/repeat. It was a lengthy procedure, and I really don't want to go through it again for Record Keeper.

JNA

Banned
Damn it it didn't work! :(

I basically now have the same account but for the two same devices. Even tried uninstalling, defeating data, and now trying to transfer the data to my IPad but it still didn't work. Still have it on my phone.

Damn it Square, don't you guys want me to play your game again more times? :(

chrono01

Damn it it didn't work! :(

I basically now have the same account but for the two same devices. Even tried uninstalling, defeating data, and now trying to transfer the data to my IPad but it still didn't work. Still have it on my phone.

Damn it Square, don't you guys want me to play your game again more times? :(
Wait, when you transferred to your second device it merely "copied" your account and not an actual transfer? That's horrible, sorry man. I knew it would be like that I never would have suggested it.

It's surprising, since all other gatcha games have a transfer option that will wipe the data on your primary account after it's completed. They might as well call it "copy" and not "transfer". :(

JNA

Banned
Wait, when you transferred to your second device it merely "copied" your account and not an actual transfer? That's horrible, sorry man. I knew it would be like that I never would have suggested it.

It's surprising, since all other gatcha games have a transfer option that will wipe the data on your primary account after it's completed. They might as well call it "copy" and not "transfer". :(

It's ok. I would have done it anyway. I didn't think it would actually copy either,p.

I blame Square. :(

chrono01

It's ok. I would have done it anyway. I didn't think it would actually copy either,p.

I blame Square. :(
Yeah, it's slightly disappointing. :(

Speaking of Square-Enix, doesn't their "Heavenstrike Rivals" have a re-roll option in their menu? I'm not 100% sure since I've never played it personally, but I definitely feel as though I've read that it did somewhere. If so, it's kind of strange they didn't implement the same thing here. It would have made things infinitely easier for us.

JNA

Banned
Yeah, it's slightly disappointing. :(

Speaking of Square-Enix, doesn't their "Heavenstrike Rivals" have a re-roll option in their menu? I'm not 100% sure since I've never played it personally, but I definitely feel as though I've read that it did somewhere. If so, it's kind of strange they didn't implement the same thing here. It would have made things infinitely easier for us.

That is very strange. Why make it so difficult here?

I don't know why any developer would do that either. It's not a HUGE deal in the grand scheme of things but can be a turn off to some like me that want to have a more ideal run in a reroll or something.

Hopefully there is a way somewhere. :;

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
i mean they don't include a reroll because they don't want to reward you for wasting your time just to get something you could pay for. chumps pumping money into the gacha is the business model. in the mean time, the actual game is balanced fine that you don't need to get it and you'll be OK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom