• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to yolo a single pull.

R8fLZ0N.jpg

Don't hurt me

Happy about that 25 mythril, means I can save my little stash i have for Lulu's pull and the dissapointment that comes from not getting her weapon. Nice.

WarAdept

While I *should* be saving for SSSSSSSBF, the allure of 5 great mage items from Banner 2 of the XI event is ever calling to me.

elty

Beat Lunasaur out of pure luck, only took 3 S/L.

- Got hit by bad breath once and it only poison and blind my mage.
- Cloud got killed but revived by phoenix - but I still lose the 3 don't get KO medal.

Still managed to champion this RNG fight with 5 medal lost. I would be so pissed if I didn't.

elty

I already have 3.5 mage weapon. Although they are all weak (best is Valkyrie, worst is the Edward's harp) I will save the mythril for the eventual BSSBSSSSSB

MrDaravon

As in the Garnet Bonus quest? I've never seen it and this is the first time I've gotten Garnet.

Same here as well. Sadly couldn't Master that dungeon (dps is too low), but at least I got it. I also still had the regular quest for that so knocked out both at once which is nice.

Falk

that puzzling face
So uh, a word regarding retaliate. Do not under any circumstance have one of those protect/shell on getting hit rms equipped. I just had a rough go of el cid elite due to gilgmesh losing seemingly 50% of his advantaliate hits due to this, continually getting protect instead of hitting back.

Ahahaha this is hilarious. It's pretty much on par as when your retaliate guy gets confused and you can't hit him. (He can counter @ party instead)

Time to take down Cid Raines!

I guess you can post again in about 2 days when he's done with his monologue.

Falk

that puzzling face
You know, I wondered the exact same thing, tested it, got an answer.... and promptly forgot.

Takes like 1 stamina to find out at Fabul Castle but jokes on me if I want to wrestle with the UI to do it.

As in the Garnet Bonus quest? I've never seen it and this is the first time I've gotten Garnet.

Same here as well. Sadly couldn't Master that dungeon (dps is too low), but at least I got it. I also still had the regular quest for that so knocked out both at once which is nice.

No, I mean what we're doing for the quest (clear expert prima vista dungeon) is a repeat of another quest we did earlier for a mythril reward.

Retaliate.

I tested with Pound and Blitz-eye RM.
It's not a bad RM to have on a support character who wants to contribute to punching Cloud/Gilgamesh/etc in the face while being sure their debuffs have minimal downtime while not being cast too much. The reason being aim takes 1.2 seconds to cast as opposed to the 1.5 second attack does (Tempo flurry vs. Double cut is similar). It isn't so great when you use it right after casting retaliate and end up hitting the retaliator though.

MrDaravon

Goddamn having good RS makes a huge difference. Did two FFIV elite events with mostly full decent RS gear (4 & 6 are the only two I have meaningful RS with, and 6 is mostly just armor) in the mid to upper 50s difficulty-wise and it was total easy mode.

*Oh the next event is FFIX!*

*Has literally zero FFIX gear*

YA7MhVB.gif

Thank god for the half-off pull I guess.

No, I mean what we're doing for the quest (clear expert prima vista dungeon) is a repeat of another quest we did earlier for a mythril reward.

Oh, I have no historical context for that, the only other character bonus quests I've seen are the ones we just got for FFVIII which were Classic dungeon requirements IIRC. Which actually almost makes me wonder if this was intended to be Classic instead of Elite.

Fuck Diablos in the boss rush all he does is spam Gravija :'(

Edit: bitch on gaf, he only does gravija once right before his death, rip damage medals but didn't need to waste turns healing so still got full action medals and mastery

MicH

Time to take on Bahamut Elite. Quite daunting with that 101 stamina cost. I beat the classic one with 41 seconds to go, so hopefully it isn't too much of an issue

Hmmm to pull on the event banner or not. Best non Mage weapon I have is a 4+'gladius, so in need of a retaliate weapon. But am tempted to do two three pulls tonight and two three pulls on the second banner to try for eiko said relic. Hmm.

I got a chuckle out of the latest announcement. They should have fixed it by allowing Batrz to learn Maverick...but only when playing in French :p

So should I just go mass aggro for mobile type 8? Attunement 2/1 devotion and rod master with a full team of thundara/thundaga strike and thundaga/thundaja with a lunatic high and yolo?

So should I just go mass aggro for mobile type 8? Attunement 2/1 devotion and rod master with a full team of thundara/thundaga strike and thundaga/thundaja with a lunatic high and yolo?

If you don't have the hones or access to some form of Hastega (Lunatic High will be super), save some of your offense/breakdowns for when he splits apart. I, for example, used all of my Thundaja and Full Break charges before he split. He does have quite a large HP pool and it's difficult to kill him before he uses Corona from that state. I missed it by a turn and my group was quite strong, but I got all the other medals so in the end it didn't matter, but you might not have that much leeway. But you can certainly go in with only damage dealers. I pretty much never bring Cure magic to a bonus battle other than the boss rushes, because if I -need- Cure magic then it means I'm incapable of mastering the fight anyway. These bonus battles were no exception--no Cure magic.

Falk

that puzzling face

From purely a mathematics standpoint, if you have 4 people hitting 9999 (it IS a vulnerability fight) he should die in 5 turns, which translates to him getting ~3-4 attacks off if you start off with Lunatic High. 220000 HP

It's only worth 20 stam to try, anyways.

Jyrii

Banned

I did that, but with aoe heal instead of lunatic high. Two spellswords and two mages.

I went with Lunatic High also. I believe I split my lightning damage across 4 characters with Thundaja, Thundaga, Ramuh and Thundara Strike (-ga Strike was only R1 so backup on my spellblade) and Y'Shtola for healing and mental breakdown. He got a Corona off but killed it before Meggido Flame.

Yolo strategy wrecked em before he did any of his signature attacks. Still had plenty of thundagas and thundara strikes to go. Only had to s/l the first time because I had my power break user cast lunatic high like a dummy and a counter laser + regular attack killed a mage.

The Seifer/Edea battle seems to be easy too, s/l till sleep procs then nuke with magic then carbuncle phase 2 + boon if she dispels

The Seifer/Edea battle seems to be easy too, s/l till sleep procs then nuke with magic then carbuncle phase 2 + boon if she dispels

Don't even need to put that much energy into it. I brought Sleep and Sleep Buster and never got it to stick. Seifer was able to tank Seifer well enough, and Shell/Magic Breakdown kept the Fira well under control. Then again, I was able to kill Edea in two turns due to breaks, Advance, and Irvine's Fast Shot so i pretty much skipped that phase--but I did bring Reflect and Lure Magic just in case!

Gravijah

Fuck Diablos in the boss rush all he does is spam Gravija :'(

Edit: bitch on gaf, he only does gravija once right before his death, rip damage medals but didn't need to waste turns healing so still got full action medals and mastery

Whoa whoa whoa, let's not spread rumors now.

Balphon

Time to take on Bahamut Elite. Quite daunting with that 101 stamina cost. I beat the classic one with 41 seconds to go, so hopefully it isn't too much of an issue

Only real difficulty is doing all 270k damage in time. Planet Protector and/or Hastega with whatever multi-hit SBs you have seems like the way to go.

MicH

Bahamut Elite mastered! Had 13 seconds to go so that wasn't so bad. I'm just happy he didn't do those 5 single-target attacks he does on one character in a row. God those hurt.

Super tempted to pull on one of the IX banners as I have zero IX synergy. Only have Gladius++ and the Raise SB robe. But I think some of these items are gonna be on some of the SSB celebration banners

Don't even need to put that much energy into it. I brought Sleep and Sleep Buster and never got it to stick. Seifer was able to tank Seifer well enough, and Shell/Magic Breakdown kept the Fira well under control. Then again, I was able to kill Edea in two turns due to breaks, Advance, and Irvine's Fast Shot so i pretty much skipped that phase--but I did bring Reflect and Lure Magic just in case!

So you're suggesting I go advance retaliate meta for phase 2? I have a blitz sword as my only good ff8 synergy not counting the 3++ flail we got from Selphie's event.

Oh I got Zealot while going for Josef's double hit, is the drop rate for RM all the same or is Josef's a lower drop rate because Zealot like most dropped in one run of the dungeon but Josef's doesn't want to give.

TheExodu5

Banned
++ was easier than expected.

Quistis - Thundaga, Power Breakdown
Rinoa - Thundaja, Thundaga
Aeris - Kirin, Diaga
Squall - Thunder Strike, Armor Break
Cloud - Thundara Strike, Mental Break

RW: Lunatic High

The counter laser still hurt quite a bit, but my damage output was so high the mobile parts only separated one turn before I killed the boss.

Super tempted to pull on one of the IX banners as I have zero IX synergy. Only have Gladius++ and the Raise SB robe. But I think some of these items are gonna be on some of the SSB celebration banners
Yeah me too - I think i'll see how I get on with the Bonus Battles first and some more info about RoR+Celebration might arise during that time.

So you're suggesting I go advance retaliate meta for phase 2?

No, I'm saying phase 2 is remarkably easy when your Irvine can deal 99,000 damage per turn due to stacking breaks and buffs with his Fast Shot limit break. I don't see any reason retaliate wouldn't work though, provided you have the slots for it. Edea is quite squishy and you can just use Lure Magic and Reflect to completely remove her offense outside of Maelstrom--her gravity spell. She'll go down quickly to physical damage period.

Razmos

My face when I struggled through the ridiculous Edea fight where she used Maelstrom 4 times only for her to kill one of my characters just as I land the killing blow, making me lose mastery.

I don't even think I want to try it again. So tedious

Bahamut Elite mastered! Had 13 seconds to go so that wasn't so bad. I'm just happy he didn't do those 5 single-target attacks he does on one character in a row. God those hurt.

I am about 40 stamina away from doing this fight and am concerned my damage won't be sufficient. Hopefully it is and and don't need to return with Leon, Advance, or Planet Protector RW. Bringing Edward RW to cover my protect needs since I have my own Boon for Hastega. I did forget to rotate Bartz back in--I swapped him for Tidus so I could Venom and Dark Buster Cid with that Pumpkin weapon we were gifted. I found Cid to be quite squishy and he never got the chance to use his forms other than his last one, so hopefully that's a good sign.

Well I've gone I've goofed up on Fifth Arc Part 3. I've disrespected the softcap. Cloud with 482 attack does not need Advance or Dragoon's Determination if you're going to be casting boost. I should still manage to win but I could have done it quicker with better choices here.

My face when I struggled through the ridiculous Edea fight where she used Maelstrom 4 times only for her to kill one of my characters just as I land the killing blow, making me lose mastery.

I don't even think I want to try it again. So tedious
That really sucks. I've got to do the Story version of her as I want 1 the MBO that dungeon is hiding for Meteor R2 (the last orb I need too).

I ended up throwing in the towel on the Turks several events ago due to how tedious I found that right.

Xetherion

Josef's RM2 dropped maybe took like 60-90 stamina to do so

Wow, you got really lucky then. It took hundreds of stamina, sometimes thousands, for most of us.

Question for anyone that uses FFRK Inspector: does the Tuesday daily+ have way better 4* drop rates than the Wednesday daily+? I was getting at least one 4* orb pretty much every stage clear yesterday, but today I've only gotten one 4* orb after like two full stamina bars.

Question for anyone that uses FFRK Inspector: does the Tuesday daily+ have way better 4* drop rates than the Wednesday daily+? I was getting at least one 4* orb pretty much every stage clear yesterday, but today I've only gotten one 4* orb after like two full stamina bars.
Summing drops/run and both types of orb (there is bias towards one type of orb for each part) for each part
Tuesday stats 0.42, 0.39, 0.37
Wednesday stats 0.47, 0.33, 0.54

Tuesday has about twice as many runs so statistically more sound (as seen by lower variance). RNG gonna RNG is my conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom