• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

friz898

Suddenly I don't feel elite and I feel their is the Haves and Have-nots.

Jokes of course.

Frequent posters will have to petition to get a tag "FFRK MVP" with a link to that image.

I honestly wish I had the money to blow, and I did once, but when I went for a better quality of life instead of dollar signs, the whaling went away too.

evangd007

Pull planning question:

I want to pull on the next FFVIII for Squall and Fujin, but I have a ton of dupes on both banners:
B1 - Edea SSB, Zell SSB, Irvine SSB
B2 - Rinoa OSB, Laguna Ice imperil

Should I wait for the next FFVIII event?

Typing that out I'm now leaning towards no, and if I don't I might make another pull on FFXII-1.

Balphon

Pull planning question:

I want to pull on the next FFVIII for Squall and Fujin, but I have a ton of dupes on both banners:
B1 - Edea SSB, Zell SSB, Irvine SSB
B2 - Rinoa OSB, Laguna Ice imperil

Should I wait for the next FFVIII event?

Typing that out I'm now leaning towards no, and if I don't I might make another pull on FFXII-1.

You'll have fewer dupes in the subsequent FFVIII event (one on each banner) and it'll have even more stuff for both of them (Squall USB, Fujin OSB) but it's in like four months.

I'd just go ahead and pull on the first Laguna banner.

friz898

Do you guys like Powerchain?

I randomly checked to see if I could hone anything after beating d120 and Powerchain is the only one.

I use Full Charge a lot, but I pretty much never use Power Chain. I see people use it on multiplayer, I guess it because it is group friendly, but I just dont think I'd ever use it.

So! Is there anything I'm missing or should I just go ahead and not only not-hone it, but shatter it also.

Edit: Also what is the best way to farm (any) motes. Just keep doing MP and hope for some?

WarAdept

Do you guys like Powerchain?

I randomly checked to see if I could hone anything after beating d120 and Powerchain is the only one.

I use Full Charge a lot, but I pretty much never use Power Chain. I see people use it on multiplayer, I guess it because it is group friendly, but I just dont think I'd ever use it.

So! Is there anything I'm missing or should I just go ahead and not only not-hone it, but shatter it also.

Edit: Also what is the best way to farm (any) motes. Just keep doing MP and hope for some?

You're literally are using one half of the Chain Charge combo. Powerchain into Full Charge is a very high DPS option, higher DPS than the majority of SSB spam and for Celerity 5* only characters, can be used into itself as a high DPS option (albeit quite costly in terms of hone usage).

You can also use it to instant cast RW's or SB's.

Hone it.

Farming motes is a case of doing the 60 stam MP fight. I've gotten 20+ 4* Vit motes so far from Hashmal. Stopped counting.

friz898

You're literally are using one half of the Chain Charge combo. Powerchain into Full Charge is a very high DPS option, higher DPS than the majority of SSB spam and for Celerity 5* only characters, can be used into itself as a high DPS option (albeit quite costly in terms of hone usage).

You can also use it to instant cast RW's or SB's.

Hone it.

Farming motes is a case of doing the 60 stam MP fight. I've gotten 20+ 4* Vit motes so far from Hashmal. Stopped counting.

Alright, honed it.

Did one run of the MP fight again for motes, got a greater egg and said "nah". I'd rather spend the stamina on dailies. It's really about knowing I'll get at least some greaters or a bunch of 3star orbs vs. Do a fight for 5-10 mins and get one reward I could care less about.

WarAdept

How many runs have you done? I seem to get 1 a day if I farm almost all day.

Well it's 60 stam and you get 480 stam per day (so 8 runs). Been what, 4-5 days since Hashmal dropped? (I can never figure out timezones properly)

~4+ of the 4* per day. (With lots of 3*/Greens/Eggs/Major Earth Orbs in between).

Obviously, don't be a raid member due to gaining 1/4 of the rewards for 1/3 of the stam cost.

Anustart

Eh I'm not bothering with power chain. I shattered mine long ago. Really only person that uses full charge is onion knight and he has it built into bsb command.

I have much more important skills to bring than someone carrying just pc and fc.

Haaaalp

Help me pick my sb's for ramza I have

Shout (ssb)

There ya go!

Balphon

Shout, Tailwind, & his USB are generally always good.

For the last one, Chant if you have a crit rate buff or really need stoneskin for some reason, otherwise the BSB.

Hail of Stones is basically useless, as everything difficult is immune to interrupt.

ramza's bsb always gets bashed but against physical enemies it is quite useful and if the boss buffs itself frequently, it can really save you from pulling out your hair with dispel timing.

friz898

Eh I'm not bothering with power chain. I shattered mine long ago. Really only person that uses full charge is onion knight and he has it built into bsb command.

I have much more important skills to bring than someone carrying just pc and fc.

There ya go!

Well I honed it since I couldn't make up my mind.

I tested it out already twice, and I guess I though WarAdept was saying that thanks to the "remove delay next person turn" or whatever it is, that it would go straight into something else. And I'm sure there is some way I'm not doing it right. I'm sure a google of Powerchain and reading reddit would suffice.

But first impression not so good when I use Power Chain, and then the very next move is a boss (torment) killing someone. I like Full Charge because often I'll get 22-30k dmg per use. I mostly only use it once certain elements or whatever is covered.

Edit: Also, I dont think I'm ready for d250 Torment, or at least the FF7 one. I've tried several different mix ups and I never get him lower than 60%. I do think I could pull off a d250 on something else, like that Ahriman from ff3.

Well I honed it since I couldn't make up my mind.

I tested it out already twice, and I guess I though WarAdept was saying that thanks to the "remove delay next person turn" or whatever it is, that it would go straight into something else. And I'm sure there is some way I'm not doing it right. I'm sure a google of Powerchain and reading reddit would suffice.

But first impression not so good when I use Power Chain, and then the very next move is a boss (torment) killing someone. I like Full Charge because often I'll get 22-30k dmg per use. I mostly only use it once certain elements or whatever is covered.

Edit: Also, I dont think I'm ready for d250 Torment, or at least the FF7 one. I've tried several different mix ups and I never get him lower than 60%. I do think I could pull off a d250 on something else, like that Ahriman from ff3.

So like full charge for example after you click it, it takes a REALLY long time for the gauge to fill, you lose almost an entire turn while other people already used their ability and it's their turn again, full charge still hasn't even fired yet.

POwerchain makes it instant. It might not seem to be doing much dps, but don't forget that you're getting SB gauge almost twice as fast since every other turn has delay removed.

It works best if used over 3-4 turns, over time the dps is really high. Its also great used right before an SB like Orlandeau which triggers after a really long delay

friz898

Go to the party screen at the main menu, you can then select a hypothetical realm synergy in the equipment menu

Ya that's what I do whenever I actually change it -- but I agree it shouldn't require all that. It's one of the reasons I haven't changed mine (from a Holy OSB) to a different one that is focused on current content.

friz898

So guys! Guys - Guys! lol

I beat d250 FF7 Torment last night. Took me three days of a couple hours here and there tweaking it to finally get it. Not having native wall really makes things more challenging.

I even took pics, lol. Got it mastered thanks to silence requirement.

Firion (99) -- Bladeblitz/Life Siphon - Role: Bladeblitz Trash // BSB with Magic Blink.
Relm (99) -- Silencega/Curaja - Role: Silence, Heal, Last Stand from BSB.
O Knight (99) -- Full Break/Magic Breakdown - Role: Breaks, BSB buff, some dps.
Alphinaud (99) -- Ruinga/Curaga - Role: Air BSB, Deployment Tactics, Ruinga for Trash
Eiko (99) -- Dancer Shellga, Curaise - Role: Reraise SB and Medica BSB.

RW: Tyro Wall

Basically, I had 3 healers with buff from either OK BSB or Alphi SSB. Last Stand and Magic Blink covered. Alphi's command 1 air blade seemed to do more damage than the actual BSB entry.

Nobody "died" at the end, but in final fight I cast last stand 3 times, and phoenix rerase twice. And that all got used up. I don't remember if I actualy res'ed anybody. Showed up in great shape thanks to Bladeblitz, Ruinga, OK BSB, and Deployment Tactics killing the trash.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh my god, spent like 5+ hours clearing out every Elite in the game because of the half stamina... I'm so sick of the game (particularly the slow animations :p).

Syntsui

I tried to but I gave up after one stamina cycle, this game is a bore fest outside the hard content, I'm fine with the 130 stamina I have.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I tried to but I gave up after one stamina cycle, this game is a bore fest outside the hard content, I'm fine with the 130 stamina I have.
Yeah. I guess at least you get all that free mythril, which will be gone whenever the next orb fest or whatever happens. lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It was one thing to clear out those dungeons a month at a time over 2+ years. I kind of can't imagine starting now and having all those low-level story dungeons in front of you...
That's why it was 5+ hours... and I had already done some the last time there was half-stamina. lol

Even with autobattling through the trash mob phases, it takes ages. But at least I never have to worry about them again, as long as I do them with the dungeon updates.

It was one thing to clear out those dungeons a month at a time over 2+ years. I kind of can't imagine starting now and having all those low-level story dungeons in front of you...
I jumped back (third time) into the game during Christmas, but recently stopped a month ago again.

One thing that bothered me most about auto-battle dungeons are all the victory and loot menus you have to pass each freaking time.
Then having to select and accept next stage for yet another 2 min auto-battle, with UI and menu that sometimes just loads off slowly.

Otherwise, excellent game on big challenging boss fights.

MrDaravon

The dungeon clearing grind is real, but it's honestly worth it for the mythril. I've been up to date on dungeon updates since I want to say October/November of last year and I would kill for the boredom of having more just for more mythril.

jnWake

Dungeon grind for newer players like me is insane. There are sooo many dungeons and then you have Elite versions... It never ends lol.

Syntsui

The performance problem on android 7 is getting REALLY annoying on MP fights, that aside, Yunalesca hits like a wet paper. Easy fight.

It's not bugged thankfully.

Anustart

of course I should have known better to pull for water relics. The game has given me nothing in water but rikku's shit ass fucking burst in the past.

Game is absolutely incapable of giving me water or holy. Or for the past 2 months, any good relics whatsoever anyway. fuck off dena.

Tidd

Pulled on Banner 2 because I have 0 water SBs and my FF X synergy is shit outside of the free stuff we got.

3/11:

Tidus Burst
2x Jecht's Guise

At least I got a water BSB + a real 5* sword.

WarAdept

of course I should have known better to pull for water relics. The game has given me nothing in water but rikku's shit ass fucking burst in the past.

Game is absolutely incapable of giving me water or holy. Or for the past 2 months, any good relics whatsoever anyway. fuck off dena.

If you want
overpowered
Water SBs, wait for Strago/Edge stuff.

Xetherion

The performance problem on android 7 is getting REALLY annoying on MP fights, that aside, Yunalesca hits like a wet paper. Easy fight.

It's not bugged thankfully.

Yes, it is bugged. Tried multiple times to clear Apoc and people kept getting killed by Mega Death despite being Sapped.

Not an easy fight at all. You must have gotten lucky if you cleared it with Mega Death not killing anyone.

Edit: so on reddit they're saying only Ultimate Mega Death ignores Sap, and that's only used twice when she transitions to phase 2. She kept focusing the Rikku in our group though, so she'd go down after the 1st Mega Death took away her blink...

rikku's bsb is great for the cm, imperiling the boss means your water users can deal real damage throughout the end stages of the battle, particularly useful if you run out of hones and are stuck on a phase.

I ran cm teams with both the 60 and 1st 1 stam battles, mage meta all the way. probably the most enjoyable part of this game for me, a mage meta team raining down punishment. Braska's ssb summoner's dream is outstanding to build a mage team around.

Won on a team of Irvine, Rosa, OK, Ysh, Yuffie, Malach, Edge, Tyro.

Broke black magic on Quistis. Rewarded Rosa with Devout.

Made Arise rank 1 and never used it. Eh. Maybe it'll be useful down the road.

My belated lucky draw:
-Chaos Blade (FFT)
-Gaff's Shell (FFT)
-Beast Killer (V)
Horray for stat boosts I suppose? Krille is in an odd place as I have sheepsong and now the fast cast SSB but I already have two mages who have mag boost+fast cast SSB.

Beat the FFXII U++ using hnr then nuking with Tidus BSB (I also cheesed U+ Cid mission with Ashe OSB RW...interesting how the U+ seemed to be fixed element cycles but the DU version might not be not as it went Fire>Ice>Fire). You have to be cautious when hnr against 4 foes even if they are pretty slow. XII Multiplayer was bonkers in terms of damage and so I skipped doing the hardest.

In terms of dungeons I skipped the last update because of half stamina here and only got as far as the FFV dungeons under half stamina (could have maybe completed the lot but would be wasting stamina as I'd get 5 shards at >50 stamina). Well hopefully not being away for most of the half stamina period next update will mean I can make it to the end next time.

friz898

100 Gem pull was 4star dupe, but fortunately was not one I had at rank7 already.

Beat d140 and I think it was d180 next.

Tried d220, and I think I could get it soon enough but I wasn't close last night.

On the raids, cleared both on first try.

In fact, I didn't pay attention to glitch, but not a single person in our (very long) battle was insta ko'ed. In fact, it took forever, out of a group of 8, 6 of them were healers.

I will say that one dude brought Firion and just kept lifesiphoning and blinking with his BSB.
So it may have been bugged.

What's the highest chain you guys have gotten? I got 67 earlier against Yunalesca. Screenshotted it at 60

HRImWcRl.png

In other news, I found the Yunalesca fight pretty easy honestly. My first attempt I was leader and two people dropped, so I was controlling 3 guys. In fact, that's the run above where I got the 67 chain. We got her to a sliver of health so small you could barely see it and then we wiped, unfortunately. And that was with me controlling 3 guys, which was kind of nuts.

Second run we kinda crushed her. Just used Kimahri's SSB which gives Magic Blink and all of the Ultimate Mega Deaths missed. Even if you don't have it, just have all your healers bring Curaise. Celes is a good one to bring here too because her Runic SSB will absorb all of the debuff spells.

I'm having a hard time doing the D180 Cid Mission without relying on Vaan BSB aka instant win button. Trying to use Multi Break and Heathen Frolic Sarabande on Rikku but the incoming damage is still too high.

I'm having a hard time doing the D180 Cid Mission without relying on Vaan BSB aka instant win button. Trying to use Multi Break and Heathen Frolic Sarabande on Rikku but the incoming damage is still too high.

What do you have? I got it done with Wakka, Paine, Tidus, Yuna, and Lulu using Wall RW. Lulu had chain firaga/blizzaga and Paine had engulfing twinstrike/blazing twinstrike for weakness. I tried to use SB (tidus csb, lulu ssb) whenever possible to hit weakness, otherwise it was pretty straightforward

Have you considered Shantotto BSB RW?

evangd007

So I found out that the next FFIV event will have a banner with all of Kain and Ceodore's good stuff recurring, Pecil's USB, plus other stuff that isn't Yang. Really dampens my desire to pull on this week's banner.

Seeing as I've talked myself out of pulling on FFVIII, I might just not pull again until Extreme Fest.

Top Bottom