• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Beat the event. Everyrhing cleared and mastered, including CM. I double breakered with OK and Irvine in MP 220. A bunch of mages joined so I took out armor break for mental break.

2 people, Ysh and one of the Raines, died when the boss interrupted Eiko's heal with 40 percent health left but we somehow pulled through with Eiko, Garnet, Tyro, Raines and my toons still standing.

Was probably the hardest of recent multi player fights...going back to Belias the Gigas.

friz898

So are we not getting Angelsong as a victory reward?

I was the fool who created Chain Waterga not realizing we would get it later in that event. I wanted to make sure I didn't do the same thing.

That being said, I like Major Regen as nice little side-detail of a soulbreak. But to take up a whole slot, I'm not sure that I could make room for it. The biggest time it would benefit me is in a Torment dungeon, and even then making sure to have all the required breaks and setup support spells while also having enough Ruinga/Bladeblitz/Meteor to kill the trash -- I just don't see Angelsong making the cut.

So.

1. Do we not get it for free?
2. Anybody excited about it, and honing it right on up?

friz898

Beat the event. Everyrhing cleared and mastered, including CM. I double breakered with OK and Irvine in MP 220. A bunch of mages joined so I took out armor break for mental break.

2 people, Ysh and one of the Raines, died when the boss interrupted Eiko's heal with 40 percent health left but we somehow pulled through with Eiko, Garnet, Tyro, Raines and my toons still standing.

Was probably the hardest of recent multi player fights...going back to Belias the Gigas.

Wow! The main consensus thus far seems to be that this one is much easier than the turtle. This one isn't nearly as much of a last-stand fest and everybody seems to have an abundance of Holy.

I tell you what though, I've done the d160 one about 6-8 times already, and we had a Locke who trolled us (twice!) using their Fire BSB and the second time I think he thought his BSB would kill it on entry, but it didn't and sure enough Ultimate Fire Blades killed everybody except for two still standing. My Agrias and someone else. Fortunately Agrias burst was ready with imperil 2 and enHoly all setup, so it finished him off.

friz898

They may put Angelsong in the greens store like they did with Hailstorm.

No guarantee, though.

Do you see a real use for it? Maybe if it was some kind of ability that combined major regen with lower attack/casting time or something. I'm not sure. I don't know what you could add without making it more powerful than an old relic. (Giglamesh's dmg plus major regen relic for example)

Never realized it until I did this multiplayer and decided to run Agrias/Raines, but holy shit what a combo. Divine Ruination increases Raines BSB and OSB damage, while Raines' BSB gives +DEF allowing Agrias to trivially get 4 hits of Guardbringer.

Then Raines with Knights Charge RM + buff duration LM allows you to build SB so fast you can alternate BSB/OSB and still have 100% BSB uptime. My Raines alone did over 350k damage on the tree boss

Wow! The main consensus thus far seems to be that this one is much easier than the turtle. This one isn't nearly as much of a last-stand fest and everybody seems to have an abundance of Holy.

I tell you what though, I've done the d160 one about 6-8 times already, and we had a Locke who trolled us (twice!) using their Fire BSB and the second time I think he thought his BSB would kill it on entry, but it didn't and sure enough Ultimate Fire Blades killed everybody except for two still standing. My Agrias and someone else. Fortunately Agrias burst was ready with imperil 2 and enHoly all setup, so it finished him off.

Maybe I've just been on bad teams but I'm glad this multiplayer is over. Failed like 3-4 times before I switched up to my breaking team. Even then my team was doing everything right, besides dumbshit tyro bringing along multibreak when I had it covered, and 2 people still fell.

friz898

Never realized it until I did this multiplayer and decided to run Agrias/Raines, but holy shit what a combo. Divine Ruination increases Raines BSB and OSB damage, while Raines' BSB gives +DEF allowing Agrias to trivially get 4 hits of Guardbringer.

Then Raines with Knights Charge RM + buff duration LM allows you to build SB so fast you can alternate BSB/OSB and still have 100% BSB uptime. My Raines alone did over 350k damage on the tree boss

Ya seen some of this in the MP fights. I don't know the hard numbers for Guardbringer, but my Agrias at 99 with a defense armor and a defense accessory always hits the 4 hits. I think only her and my Pecil can get the 4 hits every time.

At first I didn't like the skill but once the imperils and enHoly was setup, it was doing 5500-6k x4 hits. So that thrust it above Saints Cross/Holy Cross, whatever it's called.

Balphon

Do you see a real use for it? Maybe if it was some kind of ability that combined major regen with lower attack/casting time or something. I'm not sure. I don't know what you could add without making it more powerful than an old relic. (Giglamesh's dmg plus major regen relic for example)

It's a non-SB source of a useful buff so it has a niche.

The use case would be for 5* Bard characters (Tyro, Sarah, Edward, Gogo (V), Kefka, Cait Sith, Eiko w/RD) with an open ability slot for a buff. So it'd be primarily useful in situations where you'd usually bring protect/shell but they are already covered (e.g. in MP) or if the character is mainly using burst commands.

Anustart

I know I'll never use it. Can't think of a time bringing major regen would be worth it over another ability. Might help with some cm maybe.

Regen is so whack in this game.

Beat both jump start and normal 220 and didn't lose a single medal. That might be first time beating a 220 with full medals.

That being said, I like Major Regen as nice little side-detail of a soulbreak. But to take up a whole slot, I'm not sure that I could make room for it. The biggest time it would benefit me is in a Torment dungeon, and even then making sure to have all the required breaks and setup support spells while also having enough Ruinga/Bladeblitz/Meteor to kill the trash -- I just don't see Angelsong making the cut.

Yeah I feel the same way. My healer pretty much always has Curaja/Ultra Cure in their first ability slot and Protectga/Shellga in the second. I never run a two healer setup. In some cases another mage in the party might be able to carry Prot/Shell which would free up Eiko to carry Angelsong... but I just don't see it ever being a priority.

friz898

Yeah I feel the same way. My healer pretty much always has Curaja/Ultra Cure in their first ability slot and Protectga/Shellga in the second. I never run a two healer setup. In some cases another mage in the party might be able to carry Prot/Shell which would free up Eiko to carry Angelsong... but I just don't see it ever being a priority.

I've come to depend on two healers these days.

I like to run Lenna (USB) and Relm (Last Stand) and sometimes I bring Eiko (BSB and Phoenix)...

...but on occasion I'll bring Tyro as a Support/Healer (Keepers Tome, Multibreak) or Alphinaud (for damage really, but can back up heal).

I just don't think I have a single healer who can do it all her/himself. On the harder challenges anyway.

Edit: To add, I don't see anybody dethroning my 2 healers, but if I ever got Eiko USB, that'd be it for Relm. If I ever got Yuna's USB, I ... sure as hell would find a spot for it. That has to be my favorite healing soul break. I actually don't see how any other healing soul break could be any better.

Next FFVI boss MP, elite edition, dispels the team if you use holy, its only weakness. Arent bard abilities, protect and shell versions, immune from being debuffed since theyre songs not magic?

Balphon

Next FFVI boss MP, elite edition, dispels the team if you use holy, its only weakness. Arent bard abilities, protect and shell versions, immune from being debuffed since theyre songs not magic?

No, they are identical to the white magic versions of protect and shell.

Don't bring counterable Holy abilities to Fiend, basically.

Kain

Absolutely destroyed this event, wind is my jam.

The MVP this time though was Minfilia and her BSB: 5* support + holy damage + atk/mag breakdowns? Badass and broken

friz898

Absolutely destroyed this event, wind is my jam.

The MVP this time though was Minfilia and her BSB: 5* support + holy damage + atk/mag breakdowns? Badass and broken

I have hers, I haven't used it yet. First time I would have, would have been for the raids, but I just took Agrias (imperil) and Relm (raids never have enough healing).

Also, when I did consider taking two melees, Firion could use the evil lantern from the back row and bring his Holy BSB w/Magic Blink. Also I have Pecil's BSB which has a heal attached.

My point being, I wanted to use it, but I couldn't find a place for it yet. Holy is a heavy relic for me though -- tied with Fire.

friz898

That would have been a nice and clever way to make Bards a little more relevant though.

ZangBa

Who all got their mythril ready... because I got like 78. I'm pretty much screwed, probably going to skip some LDs even though I really don't want to. I need FFVII gear so bad, it's probably my second worst realm.

Anustart

Who all got their mythril ready... because I got like 78. I'm pretty much screwed, probably going to skip some LDs even though I really don't want to. I need FFVII gear so bad, it's probably my second worst realm.

I'm skipping imperil and medica. Burst is a hard no skip.

Even a dupe burst is good.

Finally cleared mote ifrit cm. Bring on the fest!

Tidd

HYPE! Maybe.. I didn't check the banners out yet

http://ffrk.kongbakpao.com/fes9/

Edit:

Banner 1: I like all 4 6*, and Garnet's BSB2, don't understand why they kept Quistis' BSB and removed her OSB. Have too many of the BSBs. I'm still considering at least one pull just because I'm blind for the 6* and Garnet's BSB :(

Banner 2: Eiko's USB and still OK BSB, already have Vivi's, Tifa's and Refia's BSB, so easy skip

Banner 3: great banner, no dupe except for Ashe's BSB

Banner 4: have both SSBs, as well as Fujin's and Alphinaud's BSB, Gligamesh USB sucks.. but overall it's a great banner if you don't have dupes!

Banner 5: easy skip

So yeah I don't know how much mythril we will get but maybe I will do a pull on banner 1 or 3.

RivalCore

Banner 1 looks a winner for healing, which I'm in the market for though I have a few dupes on the BSB and SSB end.

Banner 3 I already have all of the OSBs. It's still a really good banner for people looking for offense.

Banner 4 is interesting since I have none of the top tier but the bottom rung is an awful lot of dupes. Mostly likely be skipping that.

I'll budget for 2 50 pulls on Banner 1 because I'd love some healing USBs.

WarAdept

As expected, too many dupes/too big of a realm distribution for me to pull on any of these Fest banners.

This'll be the 2nd time I skip a Fest.

Fuck you Orichalcum Dirk, I'm not falling for you again.

Hmm

Banner 1: 2/12 - Y'shtola BSB, Garnet SSB
Banner 2: 2/12 - Refia BSB, Prishe BSB
Banner 3: 3/12 - TGCid OSB, BSB, Lightning BSB2
Banner 4: 4/12 - PCecil BSB, Alph BSB, SSB, Ramza SSB
Banner 5: 4/12 - Agrias OSB, BSB, Vanille BSB, Tyro Wall

I'm not sure if I want to pull on any of the banners. Maybe 1, 2, or 4? I only have around 80 Mythril. I was already planning on skipping the Medica lucky. Imperil lucky maybe.

Balphon

I have 5+ dupes on the last three banners but I'll probably pull some on the first two.

Also, adding Curilla's BSB and not Ayame's is a real dick move.

evangd007

Banner 1 - 2/12 - Raines BSB, Y'shtola BSB
- got 2 of the top prizes and interested in the 3 USBs and Quistis BSB. I suppose I also could use Garnet's stuff. +4, pull
Banner 2 - 4/12 - Maria BSB, OK BSB and SSB, Celes SSB
- hard pass
Banner 3 - 2/12 - Orlandu OSB, Ashe OSB
- few dupes, but nothing sticks out as a big want. Pass.
Banner 4 - 5/12 - Cecil BSB, Vaan BSB, Alph BSB, Zell BSB, Ramza SSB
- as much as I want Fujin's BSB, way too many dupes. Pass
Banner 5 - 4/12 - Agrias OSB and BSB, Aerith BSB, Vanille BSB
- I would like to get Wall, but too many dupes, and Tyro's OSB really poisons the well here. Why not his USB? Pass

So, one pull + lucky draws? What a disappointing fest. I have so many power relics that fest draws lose their value. I'm better served drawing for synergy.

3 and 5 but let's be honest, no way I afford a pull on either.

Luckys have run me dry... not pulling imperil lucky either, probably not curaga lucky. Definitely BSB only lucky... and still not enough.

ccbfan

Too bad we didn't get these banners earlier.

Would have pulled FFXIII-1 since that's much banner than any of these for me.

Probably just 2-3 pulls on Banner 3 and save the rest for Cloud USB. Maybe Banner 1 since it has a OSB wand and I still really want Raines BSSB.

Xetherion

Banner 1: 2/12, Raines bsb and Garnet ssb. Want Quistis bsb to go with her osb i got from a recent Lucky. Pull.

Banner 2: 4/12, Maria, Refia and OK bsbs, and Celes ssb. Too many dupes plus not enough prizes i care about. Pass.

Banner 3: 0/12! Pull for sure.

Banner 4: 5/12, both Alphi's relics plus Pecil, Fujin, and Relm bsbs. Bah, i was hoping they'd change this banner more as i really want the 3 new EX mode relics, but that's too many dupes. Pass.

Banner 5: 3/12, Agrias and Vanille bsbs and Tyro Wall. Not enough here i care about. Pass.

1,2 and 5 are too dangerous for dupes. Only 2 dupes on 3 and 4 and bunch of stuff I want but Celes BSB2 has priority. Might pull on 3 and/or 4 if I luck out Thursday evening.

Kenai

I *might* pull on 3 depending on how much Mythril I have following FFVI banner 1 (I am either walking out with Mog's BSB or 0 Mythril, maybe a combo of both!) It has a lot of gud stuff but I have both of the SSBs and an OSB so my expectations are low. Too many dupes on everything else for me to warrant anything else besides the dollar pull. Luckys are at the mercy of Mog RNG, thogh I am almost assuredly pulling on the BSB+ banner.

Syntsui

It feels good to have most of the big prizes and not feel compelled to pull on any of them. Can't wait for it to end and pull for Cloud.

friz898

I have never not pulled on a 25mythril pull.

I had 90mythril but for the last two days, I've been on a tear doing the dailies. Not sure why when a fest is around the corner, but I did raise 3-4 5star abilities already. So perhaps I'm just getting a headstart on orbfest.

That being said, I'm going to go look at the banners again and probably either update this or post a new message, but I think I have a few on each banner, so I may need some advice on dupe-danger.

Also thinking about going really hard with the mythril on all the orbs. The majority of my 5star abilities are at 4uses. I have some exceptions like Meteor, Ultra Cure, and I don't know, 3-4 other important ones, but my chaingas need to go up, and my Multi and Full breaks would go alot further on long fights if I could use more than 4 times.

As an aside, you know how they could/should fix the 5star summons? Just make them all 3 hits. I think that'd still be balanced vs the max of 5 uses.

Well, brb, going to go look at the fest banners, and the other ones that were posted after it.

Edit:

Banner 1 - 1/12 - I'd really like Yuna's USB, and Yuffie's looks great too. Don't much care about anything else on it, but I'm 1/12 - probably pull.
Banner 2 - 4/12 - Tifa's USB doesn't look too bad. I'd like to have Eiko's USB. Probably should skip though.
Banner 3 - 3/12 - Don't really see anything I want. I already have Raijin Last stand and Rapha's awesome burst. Should skip this.
Banner 4 - 7/12 - I guess I'm skipping this. I thought I read on Reddit it was suppose to be the best banner too. Kinda bummed on that.
Banner 5 - 2/12 - Oh shit! Is that SG?!?!?! My first real chance at Wall again? Oh man. I need to pull on that.

So looks like Banner 1 and 5, maybe banner 2 for Tifa and Eiko.

Edit2 - Lucky Banners

Imperil - 7/30 - Nothing real awesome but could use imperial bio, earth, and.. ice.
Medica - 6/22 - Don't need any medicas. I guess a chance at Eiko USB.
Lucky 3 - 29/170 - I uh. I guess it would be smart to pull here.

Top Bottom