• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

quick question :

will realm dungeons eventually start giving things like great fire orbs or are those from special events and raids only?

Speaking of raids , are all of them end game raids for high geared characters or occasionally also low level ones ?

Lastly should i be running the XP event daily multiple times to level characters ?

Yes realm dungeons give greater and major orbs. Just not 6* crystals

The last two Jp dungeon updates you get 6* crystals from elite completion/mastery

How close are we to Clouds USB banner?

14 events from now.

Upcoming Standard Events lineup:
13 (Fang OSB, Vanille USB, Light BSB2)
2 - Emperor (Firion OSB, Maria OSB)
6 (Lock OSB, Celes OSB)
World (Lann OSB, Reynn BSB)
9 (Beatrix OSB, Vivi OSB)
3 - Cloud of Darkness (Luneth OSB, Onion OSB)
11 - Lion, Prishe, Curilla, Ayame (Shantotto CSB)
Tactics - Rapha, Marach (Ramza USB, Orlandeau OSB)
12 (Penelo USB, Basch OSB)
10 (Tidus CSB, Yuna USB, Jecht OSB)
TAY - Ceodore (Kain OSB, Cecil OSB)
8 (Selphie USB, Rinoa OSB)
5 - Gogo (Krile OSB, Lenna USB)
7 (Cloud USB,
Zack CSB
)
Mobius - Meia (Wol USB, Garland OSB)
6 (Relm USB, Sabin OSB)
9 (Steiner OSB, Beatrix OSB)
13 - Jihl Nabaat (Lightning USB, Raines OSB, Vanille USB, Fang OSB)
12 - Reks (Vaan USB, Penelo USB, Fran USB, Vayne OSB)
14 - Cid (Y'shtola USB, Minfila USB, Yda USB, Papalymo OSB)
10 (Rikku USB, Lulu USB, Auron USB, Wakka USB)
0 - Ace, Deuce, Nine (Ace USB, Deuce USB, Nine BSB)
8 (Squall USB, Seifer USB, Rinoa CSB, Fujin OSB)
Dirge - Shelke (Vincent USB, Red XIII USB, Zack CSB, Tifa USB)
Legends 2 - Morrow, Aemo, Wrieg (Morrow USB, Aemo USB, Wrieg BSB)

Falk

that puzzling face
FfqcXN5l.png

DON'T WANT TO WIN

Wazzy

Banned
Thank god I cleared Demon Wall before it ended. I forgot about the raids and just quickly finished them.

Now trying out Sephiroth.

MrDaravon

200 Sephiroth down first try, he's really just a hard DPS/mitigation check. We had a Tyro keeping Wall/Protectga up, two healer BSBs, 2 people with debuff SSBs, OK BSB and Ramza with Shout (largely overlapped there) and one Greg for reta. Was pretty easy with everyone keeping mitigation up and moderate healing.

friz898

My 100 gem pull was a 5star Red 13 Crystal Comb or whatever it's called.

It's a dupe, but I'm happy with that. Combined it.

Now to go see if my synergy is going to make these two fights easy for that MC3.

Wazzy

Banned
Finished 200 Seph. My Cloud did 99999 with Wind weakness on Seph and Wind boost on Cloud using Finishing Touch. He went down pretty fast after that and then my Squall Blasted him.

MrDaravon

Man Ultima Weapon managed to just pop Shadow Flare with like 5% health, bummer :/. My lack of decent FF7 RS biting me in the ass here, I'm sure I can do it with some adjustments though, but still annoyed.

Got both down myself, had far more trouble getting a solid group together on the 160 than the 200, go figure.

Same here haha. tfw you are raid leader and someone quits out and they have BSBs where you have no idea what they are and what the commands do

So is the new cool thing to bring Wall to a MP fight and just never use it? Because that's really neat.

What happens to me is when there is another tyro/y'sholta with wall and burst and there is this moment of hesitation where you don't wanna accidentally double wall / double burst

What happens to me is when there is another tyro/y'sholta with wall and burst and there is this moment of hesitation where you don't wanna accidentally double wall / double burst
I just had someone with both Tyro and Y'shtola, both with Wall, and they just would not use it. It was very frustrating.

We still won, but it was very dicey at the end.

MrDaravon

The new CM is bullshit if you are unlucky with early AoE. I can feel my patience growing very thin for this game...

I don't worry about CM's unless I'm pretty confident in my RS/characters, way less stress that way. Given the gacha nature of the game with relic pulls I feel like this is not a good game to be OCD/completionist about unless you're willing to whale.

Xetherion

I don't worry about CM's unless I'm pretty confident in my RS/characters, way less stress that way. Given the gacha nature of the game with relic pulls I feel like this is not a good game to be OCD/completionist about unless you're willing to whale.

Eh, i've completed almost all CM's and i don't whale. Even managed to get the Mandragoras despite not having any SB's except Penelo's first medica, which i never even got to use.

The only CM i've skipped (other than Torments) is FFX Sanctuary Keeper, because fuck that fight.

Deadly

14 events from now.

Upcoming Standard Events lineup:
13 (Fang OSB, Vanille USB, Light BSB2)
2 - Emperor (Firion OSB, Maria OSB)
6 (Lock OSB, Celes OSB)
World (Lann OSB, Reynn BSB)
9 (Beatrix OSB, Vivi OSB)
3 - Cloud of Darkness (Luneth OSB, Onion OSB)
11 - Lion, Prishe, Curilla, Ayame (Shantotto CSB)
Tactics - Rapha, Marach (Ramza USB, Orlandeau OSB)
12 (Penelo USB, Basch OSB)
10 (Tidus CSB, Yuna USB, Jecht OSB)
TAY - Ceodore (Kain OSB, Cecil OSB)
8 (Selphie USB, Rinoa OSB)
5 - Gogo (Krile OSB, Lenna USB)
7 (Cloud USB,
Zack CSB
)
Mobius - Meia (Wol USB, Garland OSB)
6 (Relm USB, Sabin OSB)
9 (Steiner OSB, Beatrix OSB)
13 - Jihl Nabaat (Lightning USB, Raines OSB, Vanille USB, Fang OSB)
12 - Reks (Vaan USB, Penelo USB, Fran USB, Vayne OSB)
14 - Cid (Y'shtola USB, Minfila USB, Yda USB, Papalymo OSB)
10 (Rikku USB, Lulu USB, Auron USB, Wakka USB)
0 - Ace, Deuce, Nine (Ace USB, Deuce USB, Nine BSB)
8 (Squall USB, Seifer USB, Rinoa CSB, Fujin OSB)
Dirge - Shelke (Vincent USB, Red XIII USB, Zack CSB, Tifa USB)
Legends 2 - Morrow, Aemo, Wrieg (Morrow USB, Aemo USB, Wrieg BSB)
So which of these should we dump all our mythril in?

My problem is that it's the only challenge with Torment and I need a challenge, a fair one. Often they are fair challenges but RNG heavy challenges are making me sick now. Sometimes it's not even that RNG heavy, I just get unlucky for my first few runs. Might be the case for Rufus, got the CM done once I got a decent run going.

The reason I have been sticking with this game for so long is the ability to clear everything without whaling.

On another note, was looking at the list of relics on banner 2. Was happy with anything. Forgot there was a normal SB relic shared between both banners. 100 gems Prism Rod. :/ Oh well, my Medica on Aerith is old so there might be cases where casting that Magic Blink will be more advantageous.

Kenai

I couldn't get a group for the 160 Seph (guess no one else wanted to spend the stamina either) so went straight to 200, joined a ragtag group.

No Ysh, no Tyro, no OK, no Cid Raines, only synergy person was my Red and the BSSB I just got for him (huzzah to that even if Red's stat spread is weird af) and the RL's Yuffie who only had Guantlet as a SB. My Eiko was our only Hastega and my Red's SSB was our only Shell, and with no Tyro or Y'sh we of course had no Wall.

Between Snowe and Minfillia and Relm we had 3 Last Stands and after I laid down a Shell I Wrath'd back up and started breaking his stats down so every DPS could hit for 9999+ a round. The beginning was super slow, but it ramped up and by the time he got spammy at the end we had our 3 last Stands to spam, plus Yuffie's Blink effect to stall til we finally downed him.

It was kind of a dumb win but refreshing in a way since even though none of the characters were "bad" we definitely weren't following any meta strats lol.

So which of these should we dump all our mythril in?

The 2nd banner for the next event has Hope 2nd BSSB (Hope is a pretty good character), and the return of the Cid Raines BSSB (best one in the game outside perhaps Onion Knight's Vessel of Fate), so it's a good one.

Beyond that everyone is expecting good things from the anniversary banners, which we should know the contents of by next month.

friz898

I thought that generally FF7 fights were way harder because they expect people to have good synergy but..

These were the easiest two 140/160 fights I've ever had. I beat Hojo on my first try and Rufus/DN on my third try. I don't think I've ever done that. Setup was almost identical for both.

First Fight:

Angeal (80) Gaia Cross // Armor Strike // Pride Sigil
Aerith (99) Curaja // Protecta // Haste
Cloud (99) Blade Blitz (Stupid to bring) // Full Charge // Truth Seeker
Cait Sith (80) Multi Break // Curaise // Haste
RedXIII (80) Power Breakdown // Magic BreakDown // Feral Might

RW -- Aerith USB

Everything self explanatory. I brought blade blitz since Hojo starts out with 3 targets, but I should have brought Drain Strike or something else since you should just focus on killing left arm.

For the second Fight:

Exact same setup except Angeal brought Holy Cross and Banishing Strike and Azure blade to dispell the haste.

Cloud's bladeblitz wasn't stupid this time.

Red XIII was Power Breakdown and Armor Breakdown.

Got him on my third try. My second try took him down to one hit left and but he did his flame thrower move to finish off Cloud and Red XIII. Next try was much smoother and mastered him.

Despite a 98 Seph and 4 80s...dont have the gear for CM. Beat it with Kuja99, Garnet99, Steiner80, Cait80, Sephy98.

Another RM3. Think it's Vanille's turn.

Yet to try 180. Dont think I have the gear to win in 13 turns but hopefully I can clear it.

eggandI

Banned
Uh anyone ever have problems downloading this game? I'm on iOS 9.1 and when I click on "Install" the button immediately switches back to "Get"

E- nevermind it's downloading now for some reason

U++ is probably not doable for me. No native wall stifles my ability to pump out damage with the RW. Made it to 25 percent left on one run. Maybe if I take Vincent up from 59 to 80(99?) I could do it as I have his SSB flame gun. Need one more Darkness Character with a SSB+ and all I got is Kuja and Sephy meeting that requirement with one more DPS spot to fill. Edea at 80 isn't cutting it and Squall at 99 isn't cutting it either.

Probably try some more before it ends. Could go take out Sephy and run Cid Raines perhaps with 2 casters and maybe that will do more damage. I have no burst heals tho.

Or I could run last stand with Snow or Raijin which should buy me some time as that should protect against the blast. Once again, no good way to heal up and they're taking up a spot I need.

Dang. Steamrolled the first two Ultimate fights (my new favorite thing is to use Zack's BSB to Imperil Wind and then one-two punch with Cloud and Luneth BSBs...), but I am hitting a wall with Ultimate++. Even with Sentinel Grimoire up, he can one-shot characters with his Bolt thingie attack in the first couple turns of the fight. Not sure I'm going to bother with this one.

After a painful two hours, i need some advice for the U+ CM please! If i take two healers i can't seem to burst the Dark Nation down fast enough, and if i don't take two healers i can't survive. This is what i have to work with in terms of Relics:

BSB:
Zack (Meteor Shots)

SSB:
Cid (Big Brawl)
Red XIII (Stardust Ray)
Vincent (Bestial Roar)

SB:
Cloud (Braver)
Cid (Hyper Jump)
Aerith (Dragon Force)
Barrett (Grenade Bomb)
Reno (Turk Light)

After a painful two hours, i need some advice for the U+ CM please! If i take two healers i can't seem to burst the Dark Nation down fast enough, and if i don't take two healers i can't survive. This is what i have to work with in terms of Relics:

BSB:
Zack (Meteor Shots)

SSB:
Cid (Big Brawl)
Red XIII (Stardust Ray)
Vincent (Bestial Roar)

SB:
Cloud (Braver)
Cid (Hyper Jump)
Aerith (Dragon Force)
Barrett (Grenade Bomb)
Reno (Turk Light)

I don't know what most of those sbs do, but here is something you might try:

Fire resist accessories on all characters

Strength is clearly through zacks wind imperil, so:
Zack with life siphon and mako might
Cloud with omega/full charge to use at first then tornado strike or cid with wind jump, if you don't mote up cloud or have tornado strike at r2 at least
Red on breakdowns
Cait sith on dancing and healing
Aerith healing protecga

Rw clouds osb
Use the osb after you get the dog down to 60-70% health and he's imperiled. Use the second osb when Rufus is at about 30% and imperiled. This assumes you can eek out 70k in damage from the osb. If you can get more out of it, the better obviously.

I wouldn't bother with dispel, your plan is to knock the dog out with 3 turns.

Good luck!

Edit: if you want to try this, I've put my cloud up as rw 9gZF. Atk of 747 with rs!

Kain

CM and U++ done. It took a while to tune up the team for the CM but at the end it worked out great:

Barret: Hyper break, FB, Power breakdown
Sephiroth: BSB
Zack: BSB
Aerith: USB
Cid: EVERYTHING, but I only used Shout on that fight due to the stupid Slowga

The U++ was basically the U+ team but exchanging Sephi for Alphinaud and spamming the glorious first command. My wind team is totally crazy and I'm going to exploit the shit out of it:

Lunneth, Zack, Cid (VII), Alphinaud, Zidane and I've got wind SSBs in Fang, Freya and something else I forget. Really, it's crazy ridiculous, I love it.

MrDaravon

Eh, i've completed almost all CM's and i don't whale. Even managed to get the Mandragoras despite not having any SB's except Penelo's first medica, which i never even got to use.

The only CM i've skipped (other than Torments) is FFX Sanctuary Keeper, because fuck that fight.

Oh sure I'm not saying it's impossible or anything, but if you're not putting any money into the game there's only a finite amount of mythril so what relics someone is going to get is going to vary from person to person. Things have gotten a lot better since G5 was introduced but going 0/11 on a banner for a realm where you have no synergy suuuuuuucked and was part of that problem. That's part of why I've been playing for about 16 months but still don't have a Medica for most realms and in some realms I have no or virtually no RS but in others I'm drowning in it.

Right now I'm hoarding hard for Anniversary, then after that I plan on largely completely ignoring banners for realms I have a medica + any sort of halfway decent RS in (even if there's godtier items on that banner) and going in as much as possible on realms where I'm lacking that stuff. I have a ton of FF7 items for example, but they're all garbage stat sticks with no BSB/OSB as well as no Medica.

IIRC I think there'a a Curaga banner either during anniversary or sometime soonish that I am putting all of my RNG Prayers into, having native medicas is by far the number 1 thing that stops me from most CMs.

evangd007

Think I have a decent physical team now:

Aerith - BSB - Proshellga/Curaja
Ramza - Shout - Breakdown/Full Break
Greg - BSB - Lifesiphon/Banishing Strike
Yuffie - BSB - Tempo Flurry/???
Vaan - BSB - Wrath/Breakdown

Stacking armor breaks with Vaan entry, Vaan cmd 2, and Yuffie cmd 2.

What abilities should I make for this team? Dismissal seems like a given and I'll make Thief's Revenge after I get Full Break R2. Anything else I should look at? Steal Power maybe?

Syntsui

U++ is stupid, not only it requires wall, it also requires multiple layers of debuffs. Fuck this.I got this motherfucker to a sliver of health, but it used that Shadow Flare.

I'm not able to keep up with the damage because I have to waste several turns to mitigate the damage -__-

I tornado-fucked U++

Zidane RW Vaan's BSB first turn to debuff Ultima weapon then I used his imperil wind, Yshtola with wall and healing every turn, OK BSB > full break > shellga, Alphinaud healing and dealing damage and Luneth with his BSB did 8500x8 on entry the second time I used it ending the fight.

I never recasted wall or shellga, I focused on DPS, kill or be killed.

U++ is stupid, not only it requires wall, it also requires multiple layers of debuffs. Fuck this.I got this motherfucker to a sliver of health, but it used that Shadow Flare.

I'm not able to keep up with the damage because I have to waste several turns to mitigate the damage -__-

I had to try 4 or 5 different setups before I got it.

Finally beat it with Rydia, Krile, Fujin on DPS, Tyro and Ysh'tola on healing and Debuffs. Make sure to put Shellga on Ysh'tola so that you can get Shellga and SG up on the same turn, otherwise the bolts will wreck you. I put Mako Might on Tyro and Ysh so that i could get the Asylum stoneskin up soon if necessary.

WarAdept

Vow Upon a Star U+ CM

Cloud - Fenrir Overdrive (BSB1)
Angeal - N/A
Red XIII - Protector's Roar (SSB2)
Cait Sith - Moogle Dance (SSB1)
Aerith - Pulse of Life (SSB1)

One shot, was a very easy CM for me. Red XIII's Protector's Roar is amazing and Cloud was doing 8k+ per hit on Fenrir Overdrive from all the Atk+/Def- stacking that was going on. Don't have any healing BSB's for VII and I'm stuck with Aerith's crappy SSB medica, so double healer is the best thing again for stabilising the party. Gaia Cross proves it's worth once again over Saint's Cross.

Rufus does quite a bit of fire attacks, so I'd think some Fire Res would be super useful for those trying to attempt it and are having difficulty.

oj6iGqf.jpg

Vow Upon a Star U++

DIE UNDER THE CRUSHING POWER OF MAGE META.

Seriously, Alph didn't even get a chance to launch one SB.

svtxDSE.jpg

Syntsui

Finally beat the motherfucker. With my main team nonetheless, no mage bullshit:

Orlandu - BSB
Agrias - 7 hit SSB
Vanille - Shellga/BSB
Yshtola - Magic breakdown/Wall
Fran - Pentabreak BSB/Full Break/Armor Breakdown

Took quite a few resets due to RNG bullshit, but I liked the fight. Zidane is still the worst fight the game ever had.

This next torment cm is going to be b brutal and I have Leon's defender ssb AOE dark plus sentinel, Gordon's ssb fathga-boostga+physical blink and ninwus ssb Insta heal. Kind of ridiculous to have to pull on thev upcoming Ii banner just v to take out this torment. Hate the torment format

Think I will be able to beat, tho probably not master the last stage. Last Stand works. Been using Raijin but I can deal more damge with Snow and his LS. Just gotta level him up. Probably have to create another LifeSiphon if he can use it. He'll take Raijin's spot. Quite a creative team Ive come up with. Quistis with white magic is already being put to use.

Rubenov

Sephirot was kinda hard, took me three teams until I found people with minimal knowledge of his pattern.

Draw Fire + Retaliate or Gilgamesh (and like 2 other similar) BSBs.

Tauntaliate negates every Schintilla attack and he's never hasted, assuming you keep the tauntaliate going.

Zero issues on multiple runs as long as there was a tauntaliator (so, me almost every time).

Syntsui

Draw Fire + Retaliate or Gilgamesh (and like 2 other similar) BSBs.

Tauntaliate negates every Schintilla attack and he's never hasted, assuming you keep the tauntaliate going.

Zero issues on multiple runs as long as there was a tauntaliator (so, me almost every time).
That was the winning run pretty much.

LucaMac

Greg - BSB - Lifesiphon/Banishing Strike

No need for banishing strike on Greg. His BSSB commands are 2 hit dispel and 2 hit retaliate. I generally throw Gaias Cross (Only R1 needed really) on him with Knights Charge RM when there's a tauntable boss. That gets him up and running quickly. BSSB doesn't run out with Knights charge RM.

Managed to beat the CM, but I had to use Hit and Run to build up 1 SB gauge on everyone. I have Tifa,. Cid, and Aerith's BSB, and Sephiroth / Cait Sith's SSB, but none of those have a wall, Boostga, or Imperil, so it wasn't that easy.

Top Bottom