• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Coming To PC/Steam - More gfx options, better camera, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouriozan

Cool, I was about to buy it on PS4, but if the Steam version is better (hopefully no more motion blur) I'll gladly buy it there.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Neat, I was iffy on whether or not I wanted to pick it up on PS4 once I get one since I have the PSP version, but I'll definitely double dip on PC.

raven777

From official twitter.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is coming to PC/Steam with new graphical options, improved battle & camera controls and more!
More info coming soon!

From official twitter.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is coming to PC/Steam with new graphical options, improved battle & camera controls and more!
More info coming soon!
Sounds like motion blur toggle, to me. I wonder what else they've played with.

Was there anything else that could've used tweaking in the original?

Unfortunately the game just didn't work out for me. I thought I was liking it at first and I enjoyed the art design/music but when it came to actually playing it several elements just fell completely flat for me and I couldn't muster the drive to keep playing.

Crayten

Banned
From official twitter.

More info coming soon!

giphy.gif

If that's referring to the camera/motion-blur, I would hope that they would at least patch the PS4 with the option as well. It's not like it's a graphically intensive game that can only benefit from a PC port.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
If that's referring to the camera/motion-blur, I would hope that they would at least patch the PS4 with the option as well. It's not like it's a graphically intensive game that can only benefit from a PC port.

I think they will. Sales weren't so hot so I guess they're going to try for a second wind of sorts.

Son Of D

I think they will. Sales weren't so hot so I guess they're going to try for a second wind of sorts.

Wouldn't surprise me if they do this when Episode Duscae 2.0 comes about. A console patch adding in PC features plus the 2.0 update should give them a little something to promote Type-0 about again.

I would certainly give the game another shot if they fixed it. I still feel like the problems I had when playing it the first time would persist, but at least it wouldn't be as visually jarring. I also heard that the story and whatnot picks up considerably a bit later on and I think I stopped before this.

Crayten

Banned
So after allmost every FF comes to steam at this point whats up with FFX ? Do they have a exclusive contract with Sony so that they are bound to the PS Family with FFX?

Jawmuncher

Where is my Lightning Returns PC release. As was said if this comes out before that I don't know what is going on at Square.

Teletraan1

Banned
Nice, but waiting for LR more at this point, that game had horrible framerate on PS3.

FFXIII PC had some absolutely terrible frame pacing that was never fixed. It caused me to not buy FFXIII-2 as I understand that game also had poor frame pacing and I wasn't going to be burned again. I would not hold out hope for a competent PC port of LR.

TheTux

Amazing news, hoping that the release is not too far from today, maybe they'll announce it at their E3 conference?

I also hope it runs better than their FFXIII-2 port to PC...

Parsnip

I always liked the way the combat in this looked, but I have no idea how it actually plays. Very interested in this.

I'm curious, does anyone know how the original PSP game and the console releases did in their markets? I didn't really hear anyone talk about this when it came out, so I guess it didn't set the world on fire or anything?

Also, I'm guessing it's their own custom engine?

Now PC gamers can experience the mind numbingly stupid story and worst cutscene direction in FF history
All FF games kind of have mind numbingly stupid story.
Excluding FF12 of course.

mieumieu

On console it ran the worst of the 3 and the 2 PC ports already ran poorly so I guess they ran into some trouble.

I really hope they fixed (at least partially...) the framerate issue before releasing it. FF13-2 is the only game I have on Steam that struggles on my i5 4460 + 750ti rig which should be good enough for this game... even Cities: Skylines with 250k cims can run reasonably well on my system!

Amazing news, hoping that the release is not too far from today, maybe they'll announce it at their E3 conference?

I also hope it runs better than their FFXIII-2 port to PC...

I am pretty sure it will. Hexadrive has a pretty good track record on optimizing their games.
Although this is the first time they put out a Windows product...

Vamphuntr

Even FF14 1.0 - which also used Crystal Tools - ran like trash on a high-end PC.

I played the Real Reborn and it isn't a very good port either. It's not a good looking game maxed out and it struggles to keep a smooth framerate on a 970. It would drop from 60 to 30 often when many players where there.

They should really get some good PC people if they want to be taken seriously on steam.

Tomodachi

Welp, this is unexpected. I still have to play my PS4 version (to be honest I only got it for Duscae). Guess I'm gonna sell it and wait for a huge discount on the Steam version.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I played the Real Reborn and it isn't a very good port either. It's not a good looking game maxed out and it struggles to keep a smooth framerate on a 970. It would drop from 60 to 30 often when many players where there.

They should really get some good PC people if they want to be taken seriously on steam.

Well, the frame drops with tons of people on screen happen in every version of that game lol.

Danlord

Looks like I will have to double dip then on PC if there is a toggle/Durante mod that can remove or reduce the motion blur and surely there will be the ability to toggle control sensitivity.

The motion-blur, at least in the PS4 version can be really nauseating at least for me. Here's two shots of it in example when I take a screenshot panning the character;

It's not too bad at times when you're casually running around but when you're in action scenes and you need to change direction depending on the enemy you're targeting, it (for me) is nauseating.

I'm tempted to get an MSI GS70 STEALTH for Type-0 (I do prefer it since it's a laptop and not a big computer), but will it effectively play other steam games like Lego World and XIII-2?
I'm not familiar with Steam or gaming computers so any help in determining whether this laptop is worth it for games (and maybe for uni work as well if it lets me do that) is appreciated.

I'm tempted to get an MSI GS70 STEALTH for Type-0 (I do prefer it since it's a laptop and not a big computer), but will it effectively play other steam games like Lego World and XIII-2?
I'm not familiar with Steam or gaming computers so any help in determining whether this laptop is worth it for games (and maybe for uni work as well if it lets me do that) is appreciated.

It's just a branding partnership. You can play ANY Steam game on ANY computer that run Steam. Even Windows tablets. As long as it runs a x86-x64 windows, it can run Steam and can run any game on Steam.

Corpekata

Banned

It'll play them. Dunno if it's worth the price for that particular laptop though. Seems a bit on the pricey side for the specs.

It's just a branding partnership. You can play ANY Steam game on ANY computer that run Steam. Even Windows tablets. As long as it runs a x86-x64 windows, it can run Steam and can run any game on Steam.

The GS70 Stealth is appealing because it's a laptop, but that does sound reassuring. I got steam today and already made the mistake of buying two games without checking to see if they work with Macs so a laptop that I can use for video editing on Avid and playing games from Steam would be excellent.

The GS70 Stealth is appealing because it's a laptop, but that does sound reassuring. I got steam today and already made the mistake of buying two games without checking to see if they work with Macs so a laptop that I can use for video editing on Avid and playing games from Steam would be excellent.

Yes, the only compatibility you need to check is with your operating system. But there's no hardware exclusive with Steam.

If they announce the release date later I'm holding hope it's because they want LR out this month.

Oh and PC is the place to play every final fantasy if you factor in the official PC releases and emulators for the missing games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom