• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD | Review Thread

Percy

Banned
As expected, it sounds like it's just an overpriced PSP up-port after all.

Charging full price for this release really is an insult.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I was surprised with the preview reception pointing out big camera problems.
Although they are still there it seems the teams fixed it to the extent that it was bearable?

Maybe ill pick up Battlefield Hardline instead of Final Fantasy... Maybe ill pick up Battlefield Hardline...instead of Final Fantasy...

You know, no matter how many times I say that it still doesnt sound right.

The only complaint I'm all that concerned about is the camera. I've been known to get motion sick and if it's that bad it might be a problem for me. Other than that, this game sounds so damn cool! I'm really looking forward to finally playing it, I just need the darn thing to get here!

Maybe ill pick up Battlefield Hardline instead of Final Fantasy... Maybe ill pick up Battlefield Hardline...instead of Final Fantasy...

You know, no matter how many times I say that it still doesnt sound right.
It is a bit disappointing this week. Mario Party 10 seems to be only 5 boards, 12 characters, and 70 mini-games. This game will probably be the best out of the 3.
With Best Buy GCU, it will be $48 which is about what I would pay for a game + demo.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
To be able to switch the whole game language from English to Japanese and back alone makes the game worth the purchase >_>..

Reviews sound good, like well..a good FF game. Happy to buy it on Thursday (release date in Japan)

UK reviews got held back a teensy bit due to a communication error, but ours is now live.

Push Square's Final Fantasy Type-0 HD PS4 Review:

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is a mechanically solid action role-playing game, but now and again, it feels far more like a straight port than a grand remaster. However, questionable visual effects and some pretentious plot points aren't quite enough to hold back the efforts of Class Zero. Even though it can take a little while to truly click, this is a unique and refreshing entry in Square Enix's beloved franchise, and a one that's a prime candidate for an even better sequel.

7/10 - http://www.pushsquare.com/reviews/ps4/final_fantasy_type-0_hd

Putty

You can't be serious about judging an RPG after playing 5 minutes...
Most RPGs I play don't even click with me until the 8-10 hours mark.

The camera is just dreadful, and yes. 5 mins. Gone. Even the lure of the FFXV demo couldnt persuade to keep.

Mendrox

Bah, back then I really wanted to play Agito... and now the HD port is released and it is way too expensive. :( But I also want the FFXV Demo, but the game will release on Friday here in Germany and the US price is the same price as the Euro one... fuck conversion rates :(

Guessing this will end up in the low 70s on Metacritic. Understandable since it's not polished in the slightest, but it's one of those games that's a blast to play despite its blemishes. Shame that some will be turned off by the score.

Fraxin

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is a pleasant surprise, and after playing it, I can see why so many people were clamoring for a western release. Although it doesn't necessarily justify the HD treatment at every turn, the core game is worth playing whether you're a fan of the franchise, or just enjoy challenging tactical action. If Square keeps highlighting and pushing quality experiences like this, it will prove to more people it hasn't lost its touch.

8.5- Destructoid

Zukuu

Banned
Zukuu: 4/10

Hardcoregamer points out the most obvious flaw, with me adding that 'break only' bosses ruining the game and making it a chore to actually finish.

Felensis

Banned
I won't pay 60€ for this even though I'm basically interested. The demo won't push me over the edge. Probably will buy it when it's around 20 bucks.

mp1990

Banned
Reviews look solid,I'll pre order my copy today. I'm gonna be that asshole that will buy it only for FF15 demo,but I'll probably play it and will have a good time.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Kagari, how is the localization/English dubbing?

It's not bad. I played with it on the entire time and most of the voice work is fine. There are a few, really annoying performances, however, where I feel the director told the actor to sound like their Japanese counterpart and it comes off as forced.

mp1990

Banned
It's not bad. I played with it on the entire time and most of the voice work is fine. There are a few, really annoying performances, however, where I feel the director told the actor to sound like their Japanese counterpart and it comes off as forced.
Didn't knew you were an reviewer,where do you work ?

You can beat the game in 25 hours BUT you really need to play through at least a second time to get the rest of the story.

What do you mean by "rest of the story" exactly? If I just beat it once, would the story feel incomplete? I rarely have time these days to play through a game a second time, especially a JRPG.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
What do you mean by "rest of the story" exactly? If I just beat it once, would the story feel incomplete? I rarely have time these days to play through a game a second time, especially a JRPG.

There are parts in the story that happen behind the scenes and in the second play through you can see what happened during those moments. Also beating it a second time unlocks a further ending.

Top Bottom