• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII Uncertain For E3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just get sick to my stomach thinking about Final Fantasy XII versus or FFXIV.

XIII came out a week ago or whatever after a 4 year wait, the way these guys take ages to make shit, I just don't want to see XIV or Versus XIII threads or news or anything until they are fucking close to be done with the fucking games.

Seriously S-E, leave me alone until late 2011 when we might get a demo for one of these two games.

That's why I'm taking my damn time with FFXIII. It took this long to come out, I am enjoying ever single second of it, not rushing through a thing. That way when I finish it in early 2013 I'll only have to wait a few months to play Versus.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Arpharmd B said:
I just get sick to my stomach thinking about Final Fantasy XII versus or FFXIV.

XIII came out a week ago or whatever after a 4 year wait, the way these guys take ages to make shit, I just don't want to see XIV or Versus XIII threads or news or anything until they are fucking close to be done with the fucking games.

Seriously S-E, leave me alone until late 2011 when we might get a demo for one of these two games.

That's why I'm taking my damn time with FFXIII. It took this long to come out, I am enjoying ever single second of it, not rushing through a thing. That way when I finish it in early 2013 I'll only have to wait a few months to play Versus.

Um... XIV is this year already confirmed. It's been in development for 5 years...

Kagari said:
Um... XIV is this year already confirmed. It's been in development for 5 years...

If Final Fantasy XIV is released this year, I will cut off my left testicle (right one already gone, see tag).

That's right, I won't have any balls left. That's how sure I am. There isn't a chance in hell it will be released in 2010 anywhere. I don't care what S-E says.

If it doesn't slip to 2012 I will be shocked and awed.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Arpharmd B said:
If Final Fantasy XIV is released this year, I will cut off my left testicle (right one already gone, see tag).

That's right, I won't have any balls left. That's how sure I am. There isn't a chance in hell it will be released in 2010 anywhere. I don't care what S-E says.
Ball-less man in the making here!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Arpharmd B said:

Bookmarked for later then :p

Ya'll are crazy. We haven't seen fuck all of the game, and you think it'll come in the next 8 months?

It's cool though. Bookmark this cause when I'm proven right I'm sewing my right testicle back on and I'll be back to a full set.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Arpharmd B said:
Ya'll are crazy. We haven't seen fuck all of the game, and you think it'll come in the next 8 months?

It's cool though. Bookmark this cause when I'm proven right I'm sewing my right testicle back on and I'll be back to a full set.

Clearly you haven't been paying attention...

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
InfiniteNine said:
Ball-less man in the making here!
I'd probably say odds are with him keeping that. I'm curious where this vote of confidence is coming from, for SE's "word" that it is coming out 2010.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
shintoki said:
I'd probably say odds are with him keeping that. I'm curious where this vote of confidence is coming from, for SE's "word" that it is coming out 2010.

Considering the amount of media they've shown, had it playable as of last August, starting Alpha, then Beta here shortly... yeah, it's coming out this year.

Kagari said:
Clearly you haven't been paying attention...

What business sense does it make to have two numbered Final Fantasy titles in the same year, followed shortly by a spinoff months later.

Even Activision would be hard pressed to churn out 2 numbered Guitar Hero games and a spinoff in the same year (though they've been damn close :lol ).

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Arpharmd B said:
What business sense does it make to have two numbered Final Fantasy titles in the same year, followed shortly by a spinoff months later.

Even Activision would be hard pressed to churn out 2 numbered Guitar Hero games and a spinoff in the same year (though they've been damn close :lol ).

Not in the same fiscal year though. There is a difference.

Let me in

Arpharmd B said:

And the franchise fatigue you're thinking of is mitigated by the fact that the gameplay experiences will be very different.

Kagari said:
Not in the same fiscal year though. There is a difference.

We'll see man (err ma'am), we'll see.

Let me in said:
And the franchise fatigue you're thinking of is mitigated by the fact that the gameplay experiences will be very different.

No doubt, no doubt.

I don't know why XI and XIV weren't just called Final Fantasy Online and Final Fantasy Online II.

Besides, they have Versus XIII for next year. *knocks on wood*

Plus, I'm not convinced that the market for XIII and XIV is really all that similar. Yes, there are Final Fantasy fans will buy XIV because it's a Final Fantasy title, but it's main audience are the folks who played XI extensively, as well as MMORPG players in general.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Arpharmd B said:

If it doesn't slip to 2012 I will be shocked and awed

:lol You might want to do some research on it before saying something like that.

omg rite said:
:lol You might want to do some research on it before saying something like that.

I was being sarcastic/light humor when I wrote the last part.

But I stand by my prediction. You won't see either title until 2011.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/03/20/ff_agito_xiii_on_twitter/

Tetsuya Nomura has been keeping us up to date on happenings with Final Fantasy Versus XIII through the occasional interview comment. But what's going on with that title's sister project, Final Fantasy Agito XIII?

For that, we turn to Yusuke Naora. The Final Fantasy VII, and more recently Chaos Rings, character designer is serving as art director on Agito. Recently, he had this to say on Twitter:

"At present, Agito is at long last taking shape. I'm in trouble -- in a good sense! Even though it's FF, it looks like it will be a bold and powerful game. I want to show it to everyone quickly, but we'll need a bit more time."

You forgot to talk about air ships, Naora. That's the secret to generating a buzz amongst the JRPG crowd, as Nomura demonstrated earlier this week.

Naora's comments didn't come via his own Twitter, but indirectly through the Square Enix Members Twitter. It seems that producer Shinji Hashimoto has been taking questions from Members, posing them to the Square Enix devs, and relaying them back via the Twitter.

It's a Wonderful World co-director Tatsuya Kando said, "I'm presently hard at work on the overseas version of Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep and Final Fantasy Versus XIII."

Final Fantasy Versus XIII movie director Takeshi Nozue said, "I'm working at Final Fantasy Versus XIII as my main CG work at present."

Hashimoto himself answered some burning questions.

Member Flickereigeist asked if Final Fantasy IX would make it out onto the PlayStation Network Game Archives service. "We're looking into it," responded Hashimoto.

Member pimp1872010 asked if Chaos Rings would be an interesting game. Responded Hashimoto: "It's a true RPG. Please look forward to it."

No one asked, but Hashimoto provided an update on Front Mission Evolved. They've started debugging the game's net play, he said. The game is becoming more and more polished.

Bebpo

Banned
lol at no one caring about front mission outsource, so they have to bring it up themselves.
Game is going to bomb hard. Hope it doesn't kill chances at a new FM srpg.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Bebpo said:
lol at no one caring about front mission outsource, so they have to bring it up themselves.
Game is going to bomb hard. Hope it doesn't kill chances at a new FM srpg.

Square was stupid to outsource it to Double Helix.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
It'll be funny if Agito XIII was the best game of the FNC Collection.

Kishgal

Banned
ULTROS! said:
It'll be funny if Agito XIII was the best game of the FNC Collection.
It's not too far-fetched, at least for me. I'm personally really excited to see Nakazawa's latest evolution of ATB-kai. I believe he said it's going to be the fastest version of it yet.

Eliciel

I'm just hoping that it'll arrive in 2011...

Because as far as SE is concerned, I don't trust any of their time managements at all

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Is Versus still expected to be released worldwide rather than Japan first and the rest of the world later?

Of course, even if it is still expected, I'm going to have to see it to believe it.

Yasae

Banned
charlequin said:
Sakaguchi is terrible at cracking the whip. I can't think of anyone offhand in the game industry who is obviously less inclined to crack the whip on subordinates. By all reports, at Mistwalker Sakaguchi is one of those bosses who would rather come in late or spend the day surfing than even work, usually. :lol

What he did contribute pretty effectively as a company head was the ability to recognize and cultivate talent. A huge number of producers, directors, designers, artists and composers that we associate with the "classic era" of Square-Enix got their start with Sakaguchi bringing them onto various projects and encouraging their work.

Basically what you see in the post-Gooch era of Square is a good amount of the old talent gone, and then a lot of little fiefdoms with the other successful producers each running them. Basically the only ones that are usefully productive are Kawazu's, Kitase's, and Nomura's.

Also X-2 is awesome. >_>
Right... Except I look at his results and they say otherwise. Even with Mistwalker. It really makes no difference what he did. The job just so happened to get done when he was there. That's not the feeling S-E has been giving off for a very, very long time.

He just so happened to recruit the right people.

He just so happened to switch roles and not direct when he was able.

I liken it more to S-E's content release schedules than anything else. They're bloated beyond belief.

Arpharmd B said:
We'll see man (err ma'am), we'll see.

No doubt, no doubt.

I don't know why XI and XIV weren't just called Final Fantasy Online and Final Fantasy Online II.

Not much reason to, really, since all the main line games have nothing to do with each other. Honestly, they could skip numbers at this point and it would work, in my book.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Shrinnan said:
Is Versus still expected to be released worldwide rather than Japan first and the rest of the world later?

Of course, even if it is still expected, I'm going to have to see it to believe it.

It could happen.

Septimus

Shrinnan said:

I freakin' hope so. But I still wouldn't mind a turn around time like FF XIII. Three months wasn't too bad at all.

Kagari said:
It could happen.
It should happen, especially for any large budget game from Japan. Though S E seems to be doing just fine with releasing the English version of XIII only three months after the Japan release.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Scythesurge said:
It should happen, especially for any large budget game from Japan. Though S E seems to be doing just fine with releasing the English version of XIII only three months after the Japan release.

I still think at least the PS3 version could have released worldwide back in December.

I really dont see how Agito won't be pushed to PSP2 at this point. Either it or 3rd Birthday is. The PSP teams have put out good stuff, but on woefully insane timescales for portable development.

louis89

So did anyone actually see the new trailer they showed at TGS to people who completed the FFXIII and KH demos? I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone really talk about it. Supposedly it showed new gameplay. Unfortunately I got there too late and they'd run out of tickets. ;-;

Anyone know anything about the new stuff it showed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom