• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII Uncertain For E3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kagari said:
Airships working on the world map, yo.

Indeed. Hype restored!

H_Prestige said:
Nomura already ruled out ps1 style, so looks it will be realistic scale.

But would he really scrap everything he did? I mean they've been working on this 4+ years and just recently decided to make the switch. There's gotta be something they aren't telling us.

Either way, I'll be happy with realistic WM too as long as it's not a bunch of different screens connected.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I never knew Nomura and Kojima were buddies. :lol

cosmicblizzard said:
Indeed. Hype restored!

But would he really scrap everything he did? I mean they've been working on this 4+ years and just recently decided to make the switch. There's gotta be something they aren't telling us.

Either way, I'll be happy with realistic WM too as long as it's not a bunch of different screens connected.

They haven't been programming for 4 years. 2 years at most I'd imagine.

Xpliskin

Haha developers are such teasers.

Of course they'll show this at E3.

/sarcasm
"We have decided to change our design and use another world map system, since it's related to the scenario and since every variable in our engine is linked to the world map system we may not show anything at E3 :S .
I can't tell you this, but the core of our upgraded white engine IS the world map system.
You can't play a cutscene without the world map being activated ! "

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
MassiveAttack said:
I don't think Sony will allow it to happen again.

Come to think of it, was FFXIII worth being exclusive now that it has been out ? :p

Xpliskin said:
Haha developers are such teasers.

Of course they'll show this at E3.

/sarcasm
"We have decided to change our design and use another world map system, since it's related to the scenario and since every variable in our engine is linked to the world map system we may not show anything at E3 :S .
I can't tell you this, but the core of our upgraded white engine IS the world map system.
You can't play a cutscene without the world map being activated ! "

....excitement cannot be contained. But it must.

Dresden

Shadow780 said:
Wait til Nomura and Kojima develop a new game together, and watch Neogaf hate meter explode!
"so when do we get to play?"
"that's a lot of belts and--"
"wait, is that the ending?"
"wtf"

I'd like to see Nomura and Kojima collaborate, it should be fun. Kojima might have a love for overly convoluted stories but they're still much better than anything Nomura churns out. Hmm, that sounds sexy as hell.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
ULTROS! said:
Come to think of it, was FFXIII worth being exclusive now that it has been out ? :p

For Japan maybe.

And as for the game being at E3... I think it will. Nomura said the same thing before TGS.

ULTROS!

It'll be kinda interesting if Versus XIII was way better than XIII (it's rare that you see the semi-flagship title beating the flagship title).

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
ULTROS! said:
It'll be kinda interesting if Versus XIII was way better than XIII (it's rare that you see the semi-flagship title beating the flagship title).

Well, some people liked X-2 better than X, so... wouldn't be different from that.

ULTROS!

Kagari said:
Well, some people liked X-2 better than X, so... wouldn't be different from that.

Really? :lol I haven't met a person who preferred FFX-2 over FFX. :p

Zoe

cosmicblizzard said:

He claims that they did.

Anyway, the team has been a skeleton crew for most of the time due to FFXIII pulling all the resources.

Dresden

ULTROS! said:
Really? :lol I haven't met a person who preferred FFX-2 over FFX. :p
X-2 was a better game. Better battle system, better gameplay, and both of the games were cheesy as hell so X-2's ridiculousness didn't bother me.

Second said:
Q&A time!

Q:
Does Breath of Fire III have the best worldmap in a JRPG?

A:
Yes.

There we go :D

The day after SE talks about VersesXIII at E3 Capcom should throwdown with Breath of Fire VI and send SE back crying in absolute defeat!

BOFVI... believe

Lain

Kagari said:
Actually, it's from an interview with Nomura in S-E Members site:

Nomura confirms worldmap/airships on worldmap, but doesn't give a percentage done for Versus XIII.

From evil_maki on gamefaqs:

1. Current progress of games you're currently working on, games currently playing and non-gaming hobby?
Nomura: I want to release two games within this year. Just recently finished "Battlefield 2" and started playing "Heavy Rain". For other hobbies, I try to watch all sorts of motion pictures.

2. I would like to know the current progress of Versus 13, Agito 13 and 3rd Birthday, and also when new information will be revealed.
Nomura: Producer Hashimoto isn't letting me.

3. You used to be on Kojima (Hideo)'s net radio for awhile, but how are things between you two now?
Nomura: Sometimes Kojima invite me to lunch.

4. I would like you to start using Twitter.
Nomura: I have... nothing to tweet about.

5. I'm curious over what happened to your consideration over a Dissidia FF sequel!
Nomura: I'll try my best to work on Dissidia FF's sequel!

6. Until of what age do you think you'll be actively working in this job?
Nomura: I haven't thought much about my future.

7. How much percentage of Versus XIII is done so far?
Nomura: Not everything is connected yet; each part of the game is progressing differently. Oh, but we got the airship to fly on the World Map now.

8. You've done all sorts of character designs for FF, KH, Parasite Eve, Subaseka and so on; who is your most favourite?
Nomura: I like all of the characters I created but Sora is the most special because of the many associations he brought to me.

I like Nomura, but this interview, for some reason, made me like him even more.

Pooya

So Versus is 2011 then, looks like they are still early in production.
I hope Agito comes out this year at least.

gkryhewy

Kagari said:
It can't be XV. The mythology is the same as XIII's world.

I understand, but to most people "XIII" is a numerical identifier, not a mythology. Taken on its own, "Final Fantasy Versus XIII" makes no sense. But I suppose nonsensical japanglish titles are something of a trend -- Metroid: Other M :::shudder:::

MassiveAttack said:
I don't think Sony will allow it to happen again.

Oh wow, it's the big insider! Where's my PS3-exclusive FFVII remake?!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
This game is even taking longer than FFXIII!

Makes you wonder when Kingdom Hearts 3 will ever come out at this rate!

XIII has taken longer... started in 2004.

ZoddGutts

7. How much percentage of Versus XIII is done so far?
Nomura: Not everything is connected yet; each part of the game is progressing differently. Oh, but we got the airship to fly on the World Map now.

Good to hear that World map on Versus hasn't been abandon.

Wazzim

Banned
Hmmm I think that we won't see this one in Japan till 2011 and maybe end 2011 for the west.
I mean they are just talking about having airships working now -__-

On the other hand, OMG AIRSHIPS! Everything about this game sounds just awesome to me....besides the action combat thingy because Square isn't that good with action gameplay..

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
-Pyromaniac- said:
I still expect a long E3 trailer that shows glimpses of the battle system/world map/whole bunch of cut scenes cut up in epic fashion :D

Even something like Kojima showed back at E3 2007 for MGS4 would be fine, imo.

Wazzim said:
Hmmm I think that we won't see this one in Japan till 2011 and maybe end 2011 for the west.

On the other hand, OMG AIRSHIPS! Everything about this game sounds just awesome to me....besides the action combat thingy because Square isn't that good with action gameplay..

Birth by Sleep says hi.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Wazzim said:

Most games tend to sound like that. Final Fantasy XIII seemed like it was stuck in development hell until it all came together in the last few months before release. Don't hold your breath though.

Wazzim

Banned
Kagari said:
Birth by Sleep says hi.
Jup, it says hi right from my pile of games, I have the JPN version.
KH BBS gameplay is awesome but I am not sure if that will work with something that realistic as Versus, oh well, we'll see it this E3 hopefully!

yencid

god damn it i hate the nomura haters sooooo much!

(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻

Wazzim said:
Jup, it says hi right from my pile of games, I have the JPN version.
KH BBS gameplay is awesome but I am not sure if that will work with something that realistic as Versus, oh well, we'll see it this E3 hopefully!

i dont quite understand how making it look realistic will change that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom