• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis goes to the PSP

Link316

Banned
awesome! so PSP now has FFVII AC, BC & CC, it just needs FFVII & DC to be complete, this also gives hope that Parasite Eve 3 will eventually find its way to the PSP ;)

14. Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis -- originally released on Japanese mobile phones, this cute little action-RPG set in the popular FFVII world will finally find its true audience when it's released on PSP, and with luxurious networking abilities. I played it for a few minutes on a friend's phone and didn't understand what was going on, though maybe the mileage will vary on the PSP.

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5612&Itemid=2

soul

Good news! I wonder how was this missed during the party? I don't remember seeing a report about this announcement.

ethelred

Seems a bit weird that no one besides Tim Rogers has mentioned this, so I'm a bit skeptical here...

... but if true, cool. I hate mobile phone game development and would love to see all the stuff made for that end up on one of the legitimate portable consoles or home console download services.

Someone needs to kick Square Enix to get the SD1 color remake on GBA.

jjasper

I think they are going for the "compilation of ff7" on one system and wouldn't be suprised to see a port of DC and the eventual FF7 remake

Edit: If true

BSTF

this post rates 1/10
See, and people were all up in arms about PE3. People need to have more fatih in Square-Enix.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Uh, next-gen got this one wrong.

There was no announcement by Square-Enix about this and the guy says "I played it on my friends cell phone and it made no sense it's going to be awesome on PSP" which makes me think he's mistaking it with Crisis Core or something.

Doesn't it strike you as odd that a smaller American media outlet would have an exclusive on a major game release revealed at a Japanese show, and they blow the exclusive on one sentence in a two-page article?

This is not true

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
QuickKick89 said:
I guess ethelred was right...no way Square's going to let this series touch anything Nintendo.

Pretty much.

There goes the chances for an XBOX 360 version also :lol

jjasper said:
I think they are going for the "compilation of ff7" on one system and wouldn't be suprised to see a port of DC and the eventual FF7 remake

Edit: If true

Like I said, it would make a lot of sense for an FF7 remake on the PSP because they could recycle the Crisis Core engine.

Here some cellphone images.. looks HAWT!

before-crisis-final-fantasy-vii-20060508093313814.jpg
before-crisis-final-fantasy-vii-20060508093313267.jpg
before-crisis-final-fantasy-vii-20060508093314048.jpg

ff_bc2_1116406014.jpg
ff_bc3_1116406051.jpg
before-crisis-final-fantasy-vii-20060508093313001.jpg

ethelred

QuickKick89 said:
I guess ethelred was right...no way Square's going to let this series touch anything Nintendo.

:)

Vyse The Legend said:

I like you, ducky, but you've been the source of a lot of shitty news lately. =/

Is it ducky's fault, or is it yours for believing a Tim Rogers "announcement" that never showed up in Famitsu, Dengeki, Watch Impress, 2ch, 1Up, IGN, or Gamespot?

Defuser

Stumpokapow said:
Uh, next-gen got this one wrong.

There was no announcement by Square-Enix about this and the guy says "I played it on my friends cell phone and it made no sense it's going to be awesome on PSP" which makes me think he's mistaking it with Crisis Core or something.
Has to be...I'm taking this with a grain of salt.The word Crisis must have confused him

Matix

Well this is kinda unexpected, cell-phone gaming on my PSP and all (thought this would be better suited for the DS). Regardless, it would be nice if this is bundled with Crisis Core instead of being a full-priced port, but who am I kidding. Although maybe this will provoke S-E to port PE3 to an actual decent gaming platform (believe).

duckroll said:
Oh Tim Rogers. :lol

Next-Generation soon to be known as ****-**********.

:(

ethelred said:
Is it ducky's fault, or is it yours for believing a Tim Rogers "announcement" that never showed up in Famitsu, Dengeki, Watch Impress, 2ch, 1Up, IGN, or Gamespot?

Duckie's. I'm glad we are in agreement on this.

soul

x3sphere said:
this has to be a typo.. :lol

I doubt he's mistaking with Crisis Core since it was never planned for the Mobile. And as we can see..

"Originally released on Japanese mobile phones"...

Maybe it was missed by most websites.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
soul said:
Maybe it was missed by most websites.

Yeah, the entire Japanese press just shit the beds instead of doing their job for a week. Thank God Next-Gen is here to save gaming journalism.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Pureauthor said:
Hint: Banned sites generally become banned sites because they post bullshit.

Obviously. But instead of acting "in the know" and making 2 year old unfunny LOOKS LIKE DS LOL comments, he could say WHY he knows this is bullshit instead of just hinting at it.

duckroll

omg rite said:
Obviously. But instead of acting "in the know" and making 2 year old unfunny LOOKS LIKE DS LOL comments, he could say WHY he knows this is bullshit instead of just hinting at it.

You really don't have to be "in the know" to know it's bullshit. This is Tim Rogers. :p

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
omg rite said:

Final Fantasy XIII is coming to NES. The PS3 version has been cancelled. GAF exclusive!

Top Bottom