• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis goes to the PSP

rkenshin

Stumpokapow said:
I agree completely but I don't see how this is SE raping FF7.

Of course it's not raping.. The FF7 fanbase wanted this to happen for many many years..

Also the similar fanbase wanted Square to remake the previous FF games and they did it just for you :)

Mau ®

I remember SE saying a while ago that FFVII:BC was likely to hit other plataforms. It was assumed it would be for DS. OH well...

It looks crappy, they better upgrade the gfx if they wanna release it on PSP.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
cryinn.gif

im actually glad this is coming too psp, there are alot of crap games on psp so i hope thisll be good.

Izzy

Banned
Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis -- originally released on Japanese mobile phones, this cute little action-RPG set in the popular FFVII world will finally find its true audience when it's released on PSP, and with luxurious networking abilities.

Hmmmm...

Anzu

Banned
I'm pretty sure that, if this does indeed make it's way to PSP, they'll use the Crisis Core engine to revamp the graphics. Otherwise, it'd look silly next to Crisis Core itself. Amirite?

Steroyd

TheKingsCrown said:
Man, Square are whooooores huh?:lol

But this is good whoring if SE are willing to port FF:BC the mobile phone game to PSP then there's a chance SE might whore PE3 to PSP as well.

It's the only bit of hope I'm clinging onto.

Deku

Banned
Spooks said:
So is this fake :eek:

I think so, if they moved platform we would have heard about it last week not on the monday after.

In anycase, the Cellphone game looks absolutely atrocious so it's no great cause for celebration even if its true. At best you'll have to wait another couple of years until they redo it in 3-D based on the questionable script, or you play that dinky cell game on a PSP. Neither seems like a good outcome to me.

Link316

Banned
Anzu said:
I'm pretty sure that, if this does indeed make it's way to PSP, they'll use the Crisis Core engine to revamp the graphics. Otherwise, it'd look silly next to Crisis Core itself. Amirite?

its common sense

Why were we excited about this anyway (besides giving hope for PE3)? Isn't this game supposed to be terrible?

Moreover, considering how badly SE has raped FF7, should we be eager for ANY other entry in the compilation?

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
I AM JOHN! said:
Why were we excited about this anyway (besides giving hope for PE3)? Isn't this game supposed to be terrible?

Moreover, considering how badly SE has raped FF7, should we be eager for ANY other entry in the compilation?

I am still waiting for a game that stars Yuffie in a metal gear solid like setting.

or a dating sim starring all the FF7 girls + dead aeris :lol

Anzu

Banned
Hcoregamer00 said:
I am still waiting for a game that stars Yuffie in a metal gear solid like setting.

or a dating sim starring all the FF7 girls + dead aeris :lol

I'm all for necrophilia.

Yoboman

Gold Member
Though DS fanboys bitch and moan about a lot of love that PSP has got, those games make sense. This would make more sense as a DS game IMO.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
What's with Square's bizarre obsession with the "power" of the cell phone game?

It'd be nice if SE released their collection of cell phone games onto the PSP version of the Playstation Store when it's launched. How big can the games be to need a UMD?

Besides, wouldn't you rather pay $15 than a full price disc-based port?

CamHostage

Stumpokapow said:
Uh, next-gen got this one wrong.

There was no announcement by Square-Enix about this and the guy says "I played it on my friends cell phone and it made no sense it's going to be awesome on PSP" which makes me think he's mistaking it with Crisis Core or something.

I think so too. I think he saw that the game has the "handheld" icon in the brochure and saw the same one on Crisis Core and jumped to conclusions. It's not much of a chance that he mistook Crisis Core, however, since he also has a preview (a rather pissy one) of the game.

By the way, I'm curious since I can't find it in the SE Party thread, have we confirmed the Parasite Eve 3 cellphone sequel news, I didn't see that on an official list yet?

zoukka

flipping_heck said:
Here some cellphone images.. looks HAWT!

before-crisis-final-fantasy-vii-20060508093313814.jpg
before-crisis-final-fantasy-vii-20060508093313267.jpg
before-crisis-final-fantasy-vii-20060508093314048.jpg

ff_bc2_1116406014.jpg
ff_bc3_1116406051.jpg
before-crisis-final-fantasy-vii-20060508093313001.jpg

Oh noes. I hope it would have stayed in the cellphones so i could have forgotten it. Now it`s impossible. And the worst part of this is that I feel bad not playing all these compilation-games trough. Because I do not want to play shitty games because some of the cast of VII appear on them.

Curse you Square and your stupid spin-offs!!!

Top Bottom