• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Ever Crisis, New Trailer Revealed (Mobile) | Summer Game Fest 2023

Draugoth

Gold Member
The latest installment in the legendary FINAL FANTASY VII RPG Series. Relive the most memorable moments from FFVII and experience the journey of a young hero Sephiroth. Experience both classic and new stories within the FFVII universe presented in a retro-style look combined with modern, beautifully rendered graphics, that’s easily accessible on the go. Team up your favorite characters and customize each one with iconic gear and weapons to defeat powerful opponents in Solo or Co-op battle mode.

Little Mac

How many art styles?!

Angry Gary Oldman GIF

Can’t wait to start playing a game that will be shut down after 6 months.
I know what you're getting at, but Brave Exvius and FF15 lite edition are still playable. Turn based RPGs fare better on mobile. That FF7 Battle Royale game died because the BR genre is already bloated, because no one played it, and because it cost money to keep up the servers.

Last edited:
I know what you're getting at, but Brave Exvius and FF15 lite edition are still playable. Turn based RPGs fare better on mobile. That FF7 Battle Royale game died because the BR genre is already bloated, because no one played it, and because it cost money to keep up the servers.
First Soldier, Mobius, …you want me to keep going?…
Record Keeper.
You know what, I’ll stop there because now I’m sad.

First Soldier, Mobius, …you want me to keep going?…
Record Keeper.
You know what, I’ll stop there because now I’m sad.
I already mentioned why First Soldier shut down.
Mobius shut down after 5 years.
Record Keeper shut down after 7 and a half years.

You will have way more than 6 months to play this game.

Honestly if Brave Exvius’ story wasn’t such utter shit, I would be such a stan for the game.

The soundtrack is phenomenal, some fights can actually be REALLY tough and make you think (plus there’s a timing element involved as well), the game is really pretty, there’s CG cutscenes and attacks, there’s exploration and side quests and etc.

Idk I don’t have much experience with mobile games but I was very impressed and I never spent a cent.

But I gave up mid-Season 2 because the story was so bad

I already mentioned why First Soldier shut down.
Mobius shut down after 5 years.
Record Keeper shut down after 7 and a half years.

You will have way more than 6 months to play this game.
Sarcasm on the amount of time obviously..but the fact remains, why would I invest time, and more importantly money, on a game that isn’t going to exist in the near future?

Sarcasm on the amount of time obviously..but the fact remains, why would I invest time, and more importantly money, on a game that isn’t going to exist in the near future?
For the same reason people play MMOs, for the fun moments and experiences. I understand if it's not for you but that doesn't make it a non-viable thing.

For the same reason people play MMOs, for the fun moments and experiences. I understand if it's not for you but that doesn't make it a non-viable thing.
I enjoyed 75% of the games we are talking about..why are they not available for me to play anymore? It’s not about the fun moments when a game gets cancelled, it’s about the investment….time and/or money.

Last edited:
I enjoyed 75% of the games we are talking about..I spend money on 2 of them..why are they not available for me to play anymore? It’s not about the fun moments..it’s about the, I spent money on a game that I want to play again, that I can’t anymore.
That's the same exact risk as MMOs. We all know the risks of that genre. This shouldn't be anything new 🤷‍♂️.

As far as I'm concerned if you spent up to 20-40 bucks on a free to play game where you've played 60 or more hours, it's justified. Anything more than that is your fault.

Been spending some time with the closed beta. I wasn't quite sure from the trailers exactly what we were getting here, but what is contained in the beta is a heavily abridged experience of the stories from some of the FF7 Compilation titles. You only have the original FF7 story to start with, but once you get to the end of the available content (which is currently meeting Aerith at the church), you unlock Crisis Core, and later First Soldier. They've struck an interesting balance between the classic and modern visual styles. Outside of battle, it looks and plays like FF7 with updated visuals and music. In battle, it looks like FF7 Remake, but with simplified combat where your lead character auto-attacks and the player manages target selection and ATB usage for abilities and spells (party members use their ATB automatically, but you can freely switch between them). The free-to-play mechanics remind me a lot of Megaman X Dive.....you're spending the various gacha currencies to roll for new weapons, which you can level up or improve rarity with other resources.

Overall.....it's okay, I guess? It seems competently made and runs well even on my outdated phone, but other than the nostalgia factor, I feel like it's missing a strong hook to keep people playing long term. I can't really recommend it as a good way to experience these stories for people new to FF7, as there's far too much content left out.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Been spending some time with the closed beta. I wasn't quite sure from the trailers exactly what we were getting here, but what is contained in the beta is a heavily abridged experience of the stories from some of the FF7 Compilation titles. You only have the original FF7 story to start with, but once you get to the end of the available content (which is currently meeting Aerith at the church), you unlock Crisis Core, and later First Soldier. They've struck an interesting balance between the classic and modern visual styles. Outside of battle, it looks and plays like FF7 with updated visuals and music. In battle, it looks like FF7 Remake, but with simplified combat where your lead character auto-attacks and the player manages target selection and ATB usage for abilities and spells (party members use their ATB automatically, but you can freely switch between them). The free-to-play mechanics remind me a lot of Megaman X Dive.....you're spending the various gacha currencies to roll for new weapons, which you can level up or improve rarity with other resources.

Overall.....it's okay, I guess? It seems competently made and runs well even on my outdated phone, but other than the nostalgia factor, I feel like it's missing a strong hook to keep people playing long term. I can't really recommend it as a good way to experience these stories for people new to FF7, as there's far too much content left out.
Willy Wonka Reaction GIF

Last edited:
Fair enough

I guess that’s the price you pay for spending on a f2p game then
This was more of a response to you asking if I play every game 7+ years later. Why would it be okay for a company to take someone’s money and then just shut the game down a year later?

Victim blaming the people who do pay for for ftp things instead of blaming who’s ultimately responsible, the company doing it, really speaks to your character.

Last edited:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
edit: dp

Last edited:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
JzihMeh.jpg

Nothing like earning Blue Crystals in a JRPG to truly feel immersed in the world that Square are making! Keep it up legends!!

Neo_GAF

Banned
not sure, how many times they want to release ff7.
it starts to annoy me.
can someone list how many ff7 products there are?

Top Bottom