• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth releases February 29, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go_Ly_Dow

Sales on PSN (I think the US too?)

↘➃ Final Fantasy: £7.59 (-20%)
→➃ Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition: £9.99 (-60%)
↘➃ Final Fantasy II: £7.59 (-20%)
↘➃ Final Fantasy III: £11.99 (-20%)
↘➃ Final Fantasy IV: £11.99 (-20%)
↘➃ Final Fantasy I–VI Bundle: £51.99 (-20%)
→➃ Final Fantasy IX Digital Edition: £6.79 (-60%)
↑➃ Final Fantasy Type-0 HD: £6.39 (-60%)
↘➃ Final Fantasy V: £11.99 (-20%)
↘➃ Final Fantasy VI: £11.99 (-20%)
→➃ Final Fantasy VII: £5.19 (-60%)
→➃ Final Fantasy VII Remake: £14.99 (-50%)
→➃ Final Fantasy VII Remake Digital Deluxe Edition: £22.49 (-50%)
→➎ Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade: £15.19 (-62%)
→➎ Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade Digital Deluxe Edition: £28.04 (-49%)

→➃ Final Fantasy VIII Remastered: £6.39 (-60%)
→➃ Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster: £9.99 (-60%)
→➃ Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age: £15.99 (-60%)

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

From impressions it seems like a locked 60fps
I think it'll be a stable 60fps mode like part 1 on PS5, but I'm not sure if they'll hit the heights of that which was a very good 1512p upscaled to 4k, with no graphical compromises. If its lower than 1440p then I think I'll play it at 30fps for a higher resolution. The art direction is too good!

Last edited:
I'm still not sure if it's a seamless world (like I read in some interview to developers) or it is split into big areas.
Using the UE4 I think it's the latter, but is there any confirmation about this?
I think it will be like elden ring. Very Big Zones that are connected via natural choke points like cliffs and dungeons.

I think the calm and junon areas will be connected via mithril mines. Like how Stormcastle connected limgrave and the lands of lakes ( I can't spell the actual name!)

The world may open up more when you get access to chocobos and other vehicle's. We're not sure how they work yet really. Some have theorised that they will act like Metroidvainia upgrades that give you access to previously unaccessable areas. This is unconfirmed though pure speculation.

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
→➃ Final Fantasy IX Digital Edition: £6.79 (-60%)
↑➃ Final Fantasy Type-0 HD: £6.39 (-60%)
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Yo, quick PSA: Shipping prep for orders from Square Enix's website will start on February 4th. You might get an email but if you ordered last year make sure your payment method and address are up to date.

GoXx3k1.png

Go_Ly_Dow

February the month of the promised land is here.

For those who missed it:

They have been restocking the physical deluxe edition at various retailers. I was almost ready to buy from the SE store, but I held out and am glad I did. Now Amazon or Target is going to try and get my copy to me, hopefully by release date or that weekend at least. Better than paying $10 extra for shipping and having SE screw it up.

Luipadre

Review embargo is the 22nd at 9:00am EST

They should feel pretty confident about the game if the embargo lifts a week before release.

Incidentally, the trophy list has already leaked and the game is apparently in the hands of reviewers/influencers right now, so be careful out there.

I mean it looks even better than the first one so im not surprised at all

Review embargo is the 22nd at 9:00am EST

They should feel pretty confident about the game if the embargo lifts a week before release.

Incidentally, the trophy list has already leaked and the game is apparently in the hands of reviewers/influencers right now, so be careful out there.

Rebirth has GOTY written all over it, Seeing that the trophy list is out there, I will probably need to unfollow a few Facebook groups.

Sensei

Rebirth has GOTY written all over it, Seeing that the trophy list is out there, I will probably need to unfollow a few Facebook groups.

To be honest, at this point I think the only thing that could prevent this game from breaking the 90 barrier is plot (and/or ending) related.

Remake got away with an 87, and I still enjoyed it a lot more than I expected.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Did you choose in-store pickup for your FF7 Rebirth Deluxe? Usually for important pre-orders like these I choose in-store/curbside pickup so I can get it first thing in the morning or during lunch break.
I chose in store pick up, my house is very close to the store, it takes less than hour to walk there and pick up my copy......problems is they sometimes have shipping issue and get their supplies late and I wouldn't able to pick my copy on release day.

Hopefully if I'm not
undead-unluck-undead-unluck-anime.gif
I can pick up my Deluxe Edition in release day.

Go_Ly_Dow

Obviously doesn't need to be said but any leaks, big or small, or in-depth discussion about the trophies etc..then from this point on please make a spoiler thread and discuss in there. (y)

Last edited:
I chose in store pick up, my house is very close to the store, it takes less than hour to walk there and pick up my copy......problems is they sometimes have shipping issue and get their supplies late and I wouldn't able to pick my copy on release day.

Hopefully if I'm not
undead-unluck-undead-unluck-anime.gif
I can pick up my Deluxe Edition in release day.
Fingers crossed you'll get it delivered for in-store pickup in the day of the release. 🤞 And yeah, same here, I usually am more picky from where I get my games from since I like to support local game store businesses instead of big retail chains, but this time around I'm getting the deluxe from a large consumer electronics retailer (something akin to best buy) since I know they'll have it ready for in-store pickup in the day of, usually in the morning. Anyway, let's hope for the best for both of us! :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

Looks like they've done an excellent job realising a bigger world, depsite what would be very challenging task creating so many unique locales connected by big maps also to a high visual standard. Part 1 felt like playing a CG movie to me.

It also sounds like they've put a lot of work into making the side content more meaningful this time.

Last edited:

Cynexius

Neo Member
What are the pre-requisites to playing FF7 Rebirth? Does it include FF7 (original), FF7 Remake + Episode INTERmission, and Crisis Core: FF7?

Go_Ly_Dow

What are the pre-requisites to playing FF7 Rebirth? Does it include FF7 (original), FF7 Remake + Episode INTERmission, and Crisis Core: FF7?
If you pre-order Rebirth you can get FF7R Intergrade (I think this includes the Intermissions DLC) for free.

Before Rebirth:
-Either play or have knowledge of the original (perhaps by watching a vid). I recommend playing it but just focus on the story, use some cheats and turn off random encounters.
-Crisis Core is not essential just watch a movie summary on YouTube.
-Play FF7R Intergrade.

Depends on who you ask. I'd say the real FF VII and then Remake. Crisis Core, IMO, is not a requirement but it can be thrown in there somewhere after VII.

Anyone still have the steel book.

I don't think so unless you buy the Deluxe and I think only available through Square's store right now. BB had a preorder steel book bonus but seems to be out of stock now.

Last edited:
4 years ago after playing VII Remake I swore I would not buy this game unless at a deep discount, here I am thinking about trying to get Deluxe.. what is wrong with me. How someone who is so angry about what they've done with the game can somehow get shadow hyped about the next installment is beyond me.

I guess it makes sense that Square's store still has Deluxe.. but seems like there were definitely not enough copies sent out into the wild for retailers if it sold out so fast. Or has it been on preorder for a long time? Do I have to bite the bullet and get this from Square, which will probably arrive a week after the game comes out?

This one doesn't have the novelty factor of revisiting FF7 for the first time. It will need to impress on its own merit. I am cautious but hopeful it will deliver on the true full vision of what Remake promised and didn't quite attain.

4 years ago after playing VII Remake I swore I would not buy this game unless at a deep discount, here I am thinking about trying to get Deluxe.. what is wrong with me. How someone who is so angry about what they've done with the game can somehow get shadow hyped about the next installment is beyond me.

I guess it makes sense that Square's store still has Deluxe.. but seems like there were definitely not enough copies sent out into the wild for retailers if it sold out so fast. Or has it been on preorder for a long time? Do I have to bite the bullet and get this from Square, which will probably arrive a week after the game comes out?

If you felt that way, definitely don't feel pressured to grab the deluxe from the SE store. Although there are a few things I really dislike, I really enjoyed Remake, and even I was on the fence about the deluxe preorder. I ended up just waiting for a restock from Amazon and put an order in there the other day because of how bad people's experiences with the SE store was, and because they charge $10 for shipping alone. Based on how FF16 went (sold out multiple stores prior to release) there will be plenty of stock during and after launch from all major retailers.

Just finished Crisis Core. Yep its essential to understand what who why of Cloud and Sephiroth. Also now I get why peoples mind were blown at the end of Vii Remake with a certain character.

If you felt that way, definitely don't feel pressured to grab the deluxe from the SE store. Although there are a few things I really dislike, I really enjoyed Remake, and even I was on the fence about the deluxe preorder. I ended up just waiting for a restock from Amazon and put an order in there the other day because of how bad people's experiences with the SE store was, and because they charge $10 for shipping alone. Based on how FF16 went (sold out multiple stores prior to release) there will be plenty of stock during and after launch from all major retailers.
So you are saying that even though they are sold out now a month before release, they will have more on release date..?? Doesn't seem right though - honestly I can't at all remember the situation with XVI, I had an easy time getting the deluxe for that sometime shortly before release.

Last edited:

zokie

summon footage spoilers from various japanese retailer preorders
a spoiler from a summon from PS4 remake and not in Intermission

Last edited:
So you are saying that even though they are sold out now a month before release, they will have more on release date..?? Doesn't seem right though - honestly I can't at all remember the situation with XVI, I had an easy time getting the deluxe for that sometime shortly before release.

There was one point a month or two out where it was completely sold out, then it got restocked. I saw deluxe editions still in the wild as late as Black Friday, and super discounted. I don't expect it will be quite that common, but it would be hard to believe all deluxe copies would be sold out this far out from launch with no more inventory to come.

Mercador

What are the odds that we got the same kind of pre-orders for PC folks? Say, get Intergrade free as you preorder Rebirth? Thanks!

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Any value to this physical CE? I have it purchased on PSN already like every other game I get. lol it’s temping when there’s a CE for Final Fantasy.
Dunno, eye of the beholder I guess. Some kind of music CD, art book of decent size (I think?). Steelbook in case you didn't get one from BB preorder, that's about it. I just like physical games and if I'm spending 75, might as well spend 30 more I guess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom