• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth releases February 29, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go_Ly_Dow

I haven't played the demo yet because I'm worried that my game won't be delivered on the 29th and I took that day off work. Or, it will be delivered but it won't be until later in the afternoon when I would've normally already been home from work. Right now it says it will be delivered on March 2nd...
Amazon out of curiosity?

With physical, for release day delivery it's worth reading the delivery section on the site to see what courier they use and also reading reviews on social pages, trustpilot etc..

ebevan91

Amazon out of curiosity?

With physical, for release day delivery it's worth reading the delivery section on the site to see what courier they use and also reading reviews on social pages, trustpilot etc..

Walmart. I had enough money in e-gift cards to not have to pay anything out of pocket for the game.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Full FF7 Rebirth spoilers are circulating online so be careful out there.
Time to run and hide.
34059842.gif

Go_Ly_Dow

This works btw

Overview​

YouTube™ content blocker
BlockTube gives you the control to customize your YouTube viewing experience. It allows you to block specific channels and videos that you don't wish to see or get recommended with.The extension is lightweight and fast, integrated seamlessly and does not affect your browsing experience at all, to an extent that an unsuspecting user will never know it's there to begin with.

Basically using the list just type a long list of FF related, 7 related prompts, character names etc... Anything you can think of that might make a vid icon appear.

hide GIF

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

I'm not getting this ps4 game.im tired of last gen crap on ps5. Either make it next gen unreal engine 5 or don't make it at all.5 years into console selling games with last gen engines
No thanks. The game looks ambitious enough and I'd rather play it in 2024 than 2026. lol

One quick look at the most critically well received and best selling games over the past 3 years and none of them achieved that by emphasising perfect visuals over the fundamental offering of the game. So the market as a whole has made it clear what it wants.

Also you're essentially asking them to pump in even more money, sink more time and thus increasing risk when the industry is experiencing a downturn. So publishers will ignore what you want by protecting themselves with efficient development.

If you want hardware that can take advantange of UE5 then either wait for PS6 and skip most games this gen. :messenger_tongue:

Edit: I've seen other posts from you saying you don't even own a PS5 yet you seem so angry, so moving on. 🤡

Last edited:

hussar16

No thanks. The game looks ambitious enough and I'd rather play it in 2024 than 2026. lol

One quick look at the most critically well received and best selling games over the past 3 years and none of them achieved that by emphasising perfect visuals over the fundamental offering of the game. So the market as a whole has made it clear what it wants.

Also you're essentially asking them to pump in even more money, sink more time and thus increasing risk when the industry is experiencing a downturn. So publishers will ignore what you want by protecting themselves with efficient development.

If you want hardware that can take advantange of UE5 then either wait for PS6 and skip most games this gen. :messenger_tongue:

Edit: I've seen other posts from you saying you don't even own a PS5 yet you seem so angry, so moving on. 🤡
I don't own ps5 yet ?.I've had it since 2020

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I'm not getting this ps4 game.im tired of last gen crap on ps5. Either make it next gen unreal engine 5 or don't make it at all.5 years into console selling games with last gen engines

That'll show those several hundred Asian men on a different continent who have no clue of your existence, likely no ability to speak your language and almost certainly with 00.00% influence over small things like what engine their dev makes them work on.

Just what we needed. A personal touch.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

Elena comparison.

Top: Summer Games Fest (June 2023) trailer build
Bottom: Footage from this month, so likely the final build.
xxD0RgA.gif

7eXLThv.gif

I can spot the addition of some kind of volumetric lighting or fog in the newer build, as well as hair movement. A few small changes to the rubble in the back as well.

Last edited:

Lethal01

A month later.

I would love an early copy, but I’m happy waiting on the preload.

This wasnt stated, just that it is exclusive until "ATLEAST That time, I think with the last game it took atleast an extra year or something.
Could be shorter this time, who knows.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
This wasnt stated, just that it is exclusive until "ATLEAST That time, I think with the last game it took atleast an extra year or something.
Could be shorter this time, who knows.
I went by what I got from threads here. I totally see that. It’s odd how it’s a month. A month for what? An announcement? For them to start working on the port? It’s kinda lame cause what would the general public do with that info except hype up a PC port.

Go_Ly_Dow

I went by what I got from threads here. I totally see that. It’s odd how it’s a month. A month for what? An announcement? For them to start working on the port? It’s kinda lame cause what would the general public do with that info except hype up a PC port.
The game releases next week, Feb 29th. 5/29 is May 29th. So not a month, it's 3 months. Factoring in time to finish the port I wouldn't expect it on PC the moment 5/29 passes. Probably in Autumn or Winter.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The game releases next week, Feb 29th. 5/29 is May 29th. So not a month, it's 3 months. Factoring in time to finish the port I wouldn't expect it on PC the moment 5/29 passes. Probably in Autumn or Winter.
Oh weird. Wow I had my months mixed up. Lol
Thanks for pointing that out.

I never expect a PC port that quick. Never. I wouldn’t bet on anything. The only place I see playing Rebirth is on PS5 for god only knows how long. That’s just how it is.

The PC port isn’t important to me cause I have my PS5 version ready for preload. I totally get why it’s important for fans who stick to PC for gaming.

saintjules

Awesome.

Still sold out across all retailers in the UK, so I'm glad I've got mine secured.

That 'no pre-order' chanting stuff almost messed things. I was going to wait till launch but would have been a bad idea.

I'll still see if the mom and pop store gets it early. I'll just return this one from Best Buy afterwards.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
This works btw

Basically using the list just type a long list of FF related, 7 related prompts, character names etc... Anything you can think of that might make a vid icon appear.

hide GIF

Make sure you put in FF7 Cloud death to avoid major spoilers and your golden I think.

Go_Ly_Dow

Do you have a list of prompt to share ? :messenger_grinning:
Sure, it's quite long so put it in a spoiler tag.

Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy VII
FF7
FFVII
FF7R
Rebirth
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth
FF7 Rebirth
FFVII Rebirth
Aerith
Tifa
Cloud
Sephiroth
Zack
Dies
FF VII
FF 7
FF7 Remake
FFVII Remake
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Final Fantasy VII Remake
ファイナルファンタジーVII
ファイナルファンタジー7
death
ending
forgotten capital
scene

Flabagast

Sure, it's quite long so put it in a spoiler tag.

Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy VII
FF7
FFVII
FF7R
Rebirth
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth
FF7 Rebirth
FFVII Rebirth
Aerith
Tifa
Cloud
Sephiroth
Zack
Dies
FF VII
FF 7
FF7 Remake
FFVII Remake
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Final Fantasy VII Remake
ファイナルファンタジーVII
ファイナルファンタジー7
death
ending
forgotten capital
scene
Deeply appreciated, thanks!

Not sure how the tool work but I'll try

Go_Ly_Dow

How long is Intergrade? I want to run through it before Rebirth, especially if it ties in.
Essential to play as it's part 1, but the Yuffie DLC isn't essential. You can just YouTube the cutscenes.

I think you can blitz through it in 25 hours in easy mode or 30 hours on normal mode if you skip every sidequest and activity not on the main story patch.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Essential to play as it's part 1, but the Yuffie DLC isn't essential. You can just YouTube the cutscenes.

I think you can blitz through it in 25 hours in easy mode or 30 hours on normal mode if you skip every sidequest and activity not on the main story patch.

Oh my bad I just meant the Yuffie DLC. Already finished Remake awhile ago.

I had no idea they sold the DLC and FF7R as a whole package now 😮

Am I right that there's no option to adjust the volume of the controller speaker in game ? That's something I'd have to do over the OS? God that girl is annoying as hell, just talks WAY too much.

Minsc

Gold Member
I used to think everything was better subbed until I started watching more dubs. Even bad dubs are not without merit, they grow on you, but the number of things that I enjoy dubbed now is way more than subbed. And not having to constantly read subtitles you pick up much more on the screen not having to gaze down during heavy action to read dialog.

I think a lot of online TV/Anime reactors often miss things because they watch a subbed show over the dub, but I guess it's just not as cool to watch things in a language you can understand. I'd be more up for it if they understood Japanese and just had the subs on for their audience, but to me it just comes over as trying to be cool, especially on a show that actually has a great dub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom