• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth releases February 29, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan
Hip Hop Dancing GIF by Kevin Gates

original singer

Covers

Brock2621

Did the mods thread ban them?
I'm not sure, I didn't catch their name. I just happened to pop on and read the most recent comment and then noticed it was gone a couple minutes later. Just sucks but thankful mods did their part. I just so happened to be on here at the wrong time during that 2 minute window.

Last edited:
Imagine what. I just watched all 8 movies before game released this year.... AND I DIDN'T KNEW THAT !!!!!!!!!!
Imagine never being spoiled something.

Imo it' fine for people to talk about deep spoilers and all but not throwing them out everywhere to the point you can't avoid spoilers when you are not looking for them
Imagine being a 16 year old and your classmate just blurted it out when youre like at almost the end of the book.

Nickolaidas

Isn't the New York Times spoiling a major part of the game? Why do that?

You don't have a PS5?
Nah. I was about to order one when it was under the first wave shortage. But none of the retailers in Greece were selling for anything less than 1,200 euro.

After that, I said I'll wait.

Then I began telling myself that the second I buy it, next week Demon's Souls will be announced for Steam.

If I buy a PS5, it'll be for the vanillaware games now - FF7 and Demon's Souls will come to Steam, eventually.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Did Square not change anything then?

They added a black undershirt to her leather vest in the Nibelheim flashback. The one that happened 5 years before the start of the title. It's also only changed from Remake, it was the design going forward from Rebirth. It's a change for continuity consistency.

If you want to bitch about the decision at a Trilogy level to decide to add the black shirt when they initially hadn't, but I want to emphasize the point that in the offending "edited," game, you see Tifa in this outfit in exactly one scene, a flashback, with Cloud's schizo filter overlaid in a dark mako reactor.

If you're hung up about this, it's fucking weird. But also, if you're hung up about this, watch Bleach or something. Many animes. You'll find kawaii no desu waifus at the tender age of 16-17 eyefucking the camera for fanservice.

Tl;dr: Yeah, they changed everything. That's why it's not a PS1 game.

Edit: That's the Royal You I was using, not pushing shit onto you, Dr.Morris79 Dr.Morris79

Last edited:

saintjules

After listening to some video reviews (audio only), I'm still setting expectations even though I'm excited. I know many reviewers gave this game a flawless score, but things like performance mode / fidelity issues and the ending of the game being a mess imo keeps it from achieving masterpiece status. At the end of the day my thoughts will be the definitive review.

Now if only Best Buy can update their status to shipped!

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Imagine what. I just watched all 8 movies before game released this year.... AND I DIDN'T KNEW THAT !!!!!!!!!!
Imagine never being spoiled something.

Imo it' fine for people to talk about deep spoilers and all but not throwing them out everywhere to the point you can't avoid spoilers when you are not looking for them

17 years old. Classic :messenger_tears_of_joy:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
After listening to some video reviews (audio only), I'm still setting expectations even though I'm excited. I know many reviewers gave this game a flawless score, but things like performance mode / fidelity issues and the ending of the game being a mess imo keeps it from achieving masterpiece status. At the end of the day my thoughts will be the definitive review.

I feel like a lot of the same caveats plagued most Remake reviews, too.

Dr.Morris79

They added a black undershirt to her leather vest in the Nibelheim flashback. The one that happened 5 years before the start of the title. It's also only changed from Remake, it was the design going forward from Rebirth. It's a change for continuity consistency.

If you want to bitch about the decision at a Trilogy level to decide to add the black shirt when they initially hadn't, but I want to emphasize the point that in the offending "edited," game, you see Tifa in this outfit in exactly one scene, a flashback, with Cloud's schizo filter overlaid in a dark mako reactor.

If you're hung up about this, it's fucking weird. But also, if you're hung up about this, watch Bleach or something. Many animes. You'll find kawaii no desu waifus at the tender age of 16-17 eyefucking the camera for fanservice.

Tl;dr: Yeah, they changed everything. That's why it's not a PS1 game.

Edit: That's the Royal You I was using, not pushing shit onto you, Dr.Morris79 Dr.Morris79
If anyone is truly bothered by this, wouldn't the original unpatched game still be on the disc?

I've also been reading over on Steam that a mod already exists to mod it back :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Gaming these days is so utterly crazy.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Really thought I’d be excited for this but I’m just not. Will probably still buy though since I’m a consumerist whore
Why? Buy what you like and don’t buy why you don’t like.
FOMO is a motherfucker
i don’t really get that, I remember people going crazy over BG3 but never got hyped for it because I wasn’t just in to it……so called ”FOMO” had zero effect on me.

FeralEcho

Or
Snape killed Dumbledore.
Eh.... that's kinda more recent....I already know about that but I doubt that everyone does as they do Star Wars Vader thing, I'd count your post as a spoiler honestly.

As for Aerith,I knew about it before I played the game but I still had an emotional reaction to it when it happened but I imagine it was absolutely devastating for people who played it in 97'.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

We discussed this many times, 10/10 score is not about game being “flawless“ or not, it about how much reviewer enjoy the game….reviews all about subjective opinions, the things about the game that might bother you but not bother the reviewer and vice versa.

For me graphic imperfection never bothered me in any game unless its broken like CP2077. Elden Ring doesn’t have “perfect” tech but for me still 10/10 game because how much I enjoyed that game regardless of graphical imperfections.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Why? Buy what you like and don’t buy why you don’t like.

i don’t really get that, I remember people going crazy over BG3 but never got hyped for it because I wasn’t just in to it……so called ”FOMO” had zero effect on me.

Thats because BG3 isnt your type of game. You like your waifus and anime out the ass. BG has none of that.

I tried it too and it wasnt for me. I need my Vanillaware chicks, big eyes and juicy tatas.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
That’s my point if the game doesn’t excite you then why would you be effected by ”FOMO”?

Also Elden Ring and Armored Core VI has none of either but I still LOVED those games.

Some consoomers just feel the need to have the "new popular thing" just to be part of that kind of release excitement. I dunno, its weird. Ive got coworkers like that. There was a 50 year old dude in my office that went and bought Elden Ring on release day because we all were. And he didnt even own a fucking console :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Elden Ring and AC 6. Ok two exceptions lol (also I was kidding around. I know your taste is all over the place....but you sure love your anime chicks)

I mean, who doesnt 😏

Last edited:
Eh.... that's kinda more recent....I already know about that but I doubt that everyone does as they do Star Wars Vader thing, I'd count your post as a spoiler honestly.

As for Aerith,I knew about it before I played the game but I still had an emotional reaction to it when it happened but I imagine it was absolutely devastating for people who played it in 97'.
Half Blood Prince came out in 05. Close to 20 years to read. It was a cultural phenomenon the likes of Halo 3. Identities were formed by what school of magic you dreamed of being in Hogwarts. If you didnt know by now you didnt care either way.
Its not like someone spoiled Dune. Now theres a book series somewhat obscure by mainstream that only recently gained traction.

Some consoomers just feel the need to have the "new popular thing" just to be part of that kind of release excitement. I dunno, its weird. Ive got coworkers like that. There was a 50 year old dude in my office that went and bought Elden Ring on release day because we all were. And he didnt even own a fucking console :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Elden Ring and AC 6. Ok two exceptions lol (also I was kidding around. I know your taste is all over the place....but you sure love your anime chicks)

I love my anime waifus but I'm waiting till it comes to Steam and is 20 to 30 bucks

Also mods

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom