• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth releases February 29, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

saintjules

We discussed this many times, 10/10 score is not about game being “flawless“ or not, it about how much reviewer enjoy the game….reviews all about subjective opinions, the things about the game that might bother you but not bother the reviewer and vice versa.

For me graphic imperfection never bothered me in any game unless its broken like CP2077. Elden Ring doesn’t have “perfect” tech but for me still 10/10 game because how much I enjoyed that game regardless of graphical imperfections.

Who's we? I'm stating my own comment/opinion.

If 10/10 is not flawless but an opinion on how a reviewer feels about the same subjective or not, then it proves my point that the numbered system is truly irrelevant and that pros and cons are what people need to read more on.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

Lol just got this email from S-E.

hsw9uoq.png

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Who's we? I'm stating my own comment/opinion.
I was just talking general, I remember having this converstaion with someone in GAF.
If 10/10 is not flawless but an opinion, then it proves my point that the numbered system is irrelevant and that pros and cons are what people need to read more on.
That 100% agree, people shouldn't just look at "score" alone, a 10/10 game is no guarantee if you gonna enjoy the game.

I myself rely on my own taste over any reviews.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
My copy just shipped! Might even arive Thursday.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Nope, I just got the standard $70 edition, although I did buy it from Best Buy so it's coming with a free Steelbook case.

You guys making me jealous, esp the other one who got it from BB.. still "packaging your item" and will "ship by Thursday". 😭.

Might call the mom and pop tomorrow and see if they are breaking street date, he told me to check Wednesday so that I will. May double dip and figure out what to do with the other later.

Sirolf

I’ve been playing the final game for 3h now and wow much much better than the first hours of remake.
The graphics seem improved ?.. The environments are very detailed,cohesive and artistic direction is *chef’s kiss*
I’ve a big smile since playing it,thanks Square !

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
I dont blame you. Definitely one of those games where you wanna be in that release zeitgeist.

FOMO is a motherfucker
People who are worried about FOMO are weak-willed zombies. The game will still be here 1 year from now, 2 years from now. Getting it just to be in the conversation is stupid

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Most games I want I wait for - 20, 30 USD or maybe 40 USD if I really like it. But sometimes you just want it as soon as it's available and that's all right too.
I do that with almost all the games I'm excited about, but some people dont care for the game but they still get it because other people excited about it which to me is weird.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Best Buy just updated.

Xq6pTvy.png

I'm legitimately surprised BB is doing a launch-day delivery for you. I don't think I've ever had that luck, I just do store pick-ups as the nearest BB is a 10 minute drive and it opens fairly early in the morning.

On that note:

j1jmUK8.jpg

Hope the Steelbook is ready at the same time as well.

Last edited:
I'm legitimately surprised BB is doing a launch-day delivery for you. I don't think I've ever had that luck, I just do store pick-ups as the nearest BB is a 10 minute drive and it opens fairly early in the morning.

On that note:

j1jmUK8.jpg

Dang.. it's like 50 minutes away from me, but that's probably what I should have done to just to be sure.

What's the most popular store most people are getting the game?

Is anyone getting it from Amazon or just prefer the brick-and-mortar stores?

saintjules

On that note:

j1jmUK8.jpg

Hah, I just got the update from FedEx saying it's coming tomorrow. It's coming from upstate NY

iIkR131.png

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
What's the most popular store most people are getting the game?

Is anyone getting it from Amazon or just prefer the brick-and-mortar stores?

Always Best Buy cause they routinely have free Steel Book covers for pre-ordering. And those covers are often different from any other Deluxe editions of games (this game for example).

Hah, I just got the update from FedEx saying it's coming tomorrow. It's coming from upstate NY

iIkR131.png

That's uncharacteristically fast lol, hope it doesn't get jinxed and you get it tomorrow.

Last edited:

saintjules

Always Best Buy cause they routinely have free Steel Book covers for pre-ordering. And those covers are often different from any other Deluxe editions of games (this game for example).

That's uncharacteristically fast lol, hope it doesn't get jinxed and you get it tomorrow.

Yea we'll see. A bit skeptical because it's FedEx I'm dealing with.

FUBARx89

Just powered through the rest of Infinite Wealth ready for Rebirth. Hoping it gets delivered today so I can get stuck into it before my kid takes over my PS5 on Thursday and turns it into a Fortnite/Roblox machine after school on Thursday and Friday.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Thaedolus

People who are worried about FOMO are weak-willed zombies. The game will still be here 1 year from now, 2 years from now. Getting it just to be in the conversation is stupid
I got FFVII and a PlayStation for Christmas the year I turned 12 and I’ll be 40 in not too long of a time…I don’t give a shit what anyone thinks is stupid, I want to play it and see the conversation.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
reading about how you can’t get Ramuh or Leviathan unless you import PS5 saves. I played the previous one on PS4. If you can’t use your PS4 save Square can fuck right off with that. Does anyone know how it works exactly?

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
reading about how you can’t get Ramuh or Leviathan unless you import PS5 saves. I played the previous one on PS4. If you can’t use your PS4 save Square can fuck right off with that. Does anyone know how it works exactly?

I mean, theoretically couldn't one convert the PS4 data into PS5 data?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I mean, theoretically couldn't one convert the PS4 data into PS5 data?
Not sure, but I’d still need the DLC for one of them. Which I don’t have. I’m against locking stuff out of games for players arbitrarily. It’s lame. And if I did eventually get the Yuffie DLC down the road I don’t know if you can unlock the materias if you’ve already started a new game.

You can definitely convert your PS4 saves to PS5. Can transfer them over on your home network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom