• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth releases February 29, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
I saw the ending

It's AMAZING

Ronald Mcdonald Laughing GIF

AREYOUOKAY?

Mine came in today from FedEx today. Motherfucker left it outside in the rain instead of next to the door.

Deluxe Edition box is bigger than Remake.

kpfZb38.jpg
NIOBpi7.jpg
Alright early adopters tell me if the disc printing issue is a Japan only thing or not.

At least it’s not a Strider 2 situation otherwise one disc would say it’s the remake but instead it’s the original PS1 version of FF7.

Pelao

I just finished a replay of disc 1 in preparation for this.
Took me 15 and a half hours, including Wutai, which is completely optional in the original.
I'm hyped, but also oh boy, I can't wait to see how much padding this part has. 😅

qxtnOGe.jpeg

AREYOUOKAY?

It’s a hundred or so hours to platinum the game or whatever, but what would the time be for just the story?

Last edited:

saintjules

It’s a hundred or so hours to platinum the game or whatever, but what would the time be for just the story?

I'm always the one that would say it's completely dependent on the player. Though I have read that some have been able to mainline the game within 40 hours. Which is quite substantial if it's just story.

Oh well, I'm weak. I just have my weekend set aside for this and don't want to chance it coming Monday.

I'll just keep the deluxe when it comes and keep it sealed hell with it. Now that I've gone and done this though I'm sure Best Buy will magically update and it will show up in the morning or some b*******. 😆

vU0LwRf.jpg

saintjules

Oh well, I'm weak. I just have my weekend set aside for this and don't want to chance it coming Monday.

I'll just keep the deluxe when it comes and keep it sealed hell with it. Now that I've gone and done this though I'm sure Best Buy will magically update and it will show up in the morning or some b*******. 😆

vU0LwRf.jpg

That red price tag screams mom & pop shop.

That red price tag screams mom & pop shop.
Definitely. They are the only used game store left still standing from when I was younger. Used to have so many options and this store in particular used to have four locations and now they're down to one. And that's all that's left outside of the big chains but you can't get much at GameStop anymore and what you do get is usually opened already even if it's new. 😆

saintjules

Definitely. They are the only used game store left still standing from when I was younger. Used to have so many options and this store in particular used to have four locations and now they're down to one. And that's all that's left outside of the big chains but you can't get much at GameStop anymore and what you do get is usually opened already even if it's new. 😆

There's a Mom and Pop store not too far from me that breaks the street date on a majority of titles. I asked them the other week if they were going to have the Deluxe Edition. They said they didn't know how many they were going to have. Only one person pre-ordered so figured I'd have a shot. Anyway, I got mine through Best Buy luckily via Wario64 and got it today so it's all good.

Definitely enjoy it. I'm leaving work in a bit but won't be able to get to it until tonight.

There's a Mom and Pop store not too far from me that breaks the street date on a majority of titles. I asked them the other week if they were going to have the Deluxe Edition. They said they didn't know how many they were going to have. Only one person pre-ordered so figured I'd have a shot. Anyway, I got mine through Best Buy luckily via Wario64 and got it today so it's all good.

Definitely enjoy it. I'm leaving work in a bit but won't be able to get to it until tonight.
Same, they are always breaking the street date sometimes really early. I could have pre-ordered deluxe from them last week and that's probably what I should have done if I was going to break down and come up and get it anyway but you don't always know what you're going to do. 😆

But anytime I'm really hyped for a day one usually I will go with them otherwise most of the time I can just wait on whatever online outlet to get it to me. I don't get a lot of things on launch anymore.

Go_Ly_Dow

Mines been dispatched ealier today. Ready to play all day tommorrow.

Hopefully Currys and DPD delivers.
Don't wanna jynx it but DPD is very reliable in my experience.

Mine was shipped today and I am relying on Royal Mail 24, which is much less reliable as it's not a 24 hour delivery guarantee, but an aim....

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Was going down memory lane and remembered this gem of a thread I made back in 2014

Re-reading this, most of the replies sound like their straight out of the "will the Switch be a success" thread.

Last edited:

Boneless

Was going down memory lane and remembered this gem of a thread I made back in 2014

Re-reading this, most of the replies sound like their straight out of the "will the Switch be a success" thread.
And now we're old and grey, but we get to play.
old man relax GIF

hinch7

Don't wanna jynx it but DPD is very reliable in my experience.

Mine was shipped today and I am relying on Royal Mail 24, which is much less reliable as it's not a 24 hour delivery guarantee, but an aim....
Fingers crossed for you and me both lol. But yeah DPD are usually quite good as couriers go.

I usually go with TheGameCollection though they didn't offer bonus points (also use RM) and wanted to try out another retailer.

Go_Ly_Dow

Fingers crossed for you and me both lol. But yeah DPD are usually quite good as couriers go.

I usually go with TheGameCollection though they didn't offer bonus points (also use RM) and wanted to try out another retailer.
Nice, I went with this site for the first time. https://gamesoldseparately.co.uk/ very cheap prices, free 24 delivery, solid trustpilot and really responsive by email. Got the tracking number today.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Seeing all these photos makes waiting feel even longer 😩

I never get lucky with physical and get it early, hence why switching to digital made the decision easier. Now a days it’s a lot of fml when you can’t get it on release. Lol

I’ll be there when the timer hits 0. 😎

LordCBH

Delivered and installing! Was there supposed to be a DLC code in the Deluxe Edition box? Cause I don’t see one, just an advert for merch. Preordered from Amazon.

A few of those comments aged like milk, they'll take those L's to the grave.

Kumomeme

the label printing error is affected by japanese / asia version:

How to Rectify the Issue

By following the guide below, players will be able to play Final Fantasy VII Rebirth on their Playstation 5 console without issue. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

1. Insert the black disc (marked “Play Disc”) into your PlayStation 5 console and install the requisite data.
  2. Follow the on-screen instructions. Once the installation is complete, insert the white disc (marked “Data Disc”) to start the game.

After the initial installation, players will only ever need to use the disc labeled “Data Disc” from step two to play.

English-

FF7R-Disc-Mislabel_02-28-24_EN.jpg

japanese-
FF7R-Disc-Mislabel_02-28-24_JP.jpg

korean-
FF7R-Disc-Mislabel_02-28-24_KR.jpg

Traditional chinese-
FF7R-Disc-Mislabel_02-28-24_TC.jpg

Simplified chinese-
FF7R-Disc-Mislabel_02-28-24_SC.jpg

it might be issue with SIE distribution instead of SE.

Last edited:

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Another reason PC gaming is a joke lol, imagine spoiling every game in existence for yourself except brand new realistic 4k 240 FPS PC games. What a sad way to live. I'll enjoy my shitty PS5 graphics at 30 FPS none the wiser :p
:messenger_grinning_sweat::messenger_grinning_sweat::messenger_grinning_sweat::messenger_grinning_sweat::messenger_grinning_sweat: I don't know... There were a few instances during the in-game cutscenes where some assets looked questionable. Just wanted to see if other gaffers shared a similar opinion in regards to the graphic fidelity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom