• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth releases February 29, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

YukiOnna

JP VA trailer

Cool
image.png

ssringo

Actually looks good. Just hope it doesn't have a plethora of slow everything down moments (forced walking, squeezing through openings, etc) that the first part did. Absolutely ruined that game for me.

That Sephiroth part was likely the Kalm flashback
Probably but both their HP was high indicating Cloud isn't a low level mook like he should be. In fact he has higher HP than at other "current day" parts. Since these aren't simple remakes it could just be illustrating that this version of Cloud is actually much stronger than the OG version of Cloud was.

Actually looks good. Just hope it doesn't have a plethora of slow everything down moments (forced walking, squeezing through openings, etc) that the first part did. Absolutely ruined that game for me.

Probably but both their HP was high indicating Cloud isn't a low level mook like he should be. In fact he has higher HP than at other "current day" parts. Since these aren't simple remakes it could just be illustrating that this version of Cloud is actually much stronger than the OG version of Cloud was.
Just like the Zack stuff, it could be more:

Time Travel/Alternate timeline shenanigans

I want to love this game but I've seen the 4Chan leak and it's looking more and more like it's all true and really don't like the idea of that ending. I'm not sure the journey is worth the heartbreak.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Good cover, Zack being in the front and center (front and right) means he will be a big part of the story.

Also, worth noting.

The normally 1 year exclusivity window has been dropped to 3 months. Looks like they're gonna bring the PC version out quicker, or maybe even get it ready for Switch 2, or maybe even a double pack for Xbox by late 2024.

F6BKg-nb0AAkyeo

Nonehxc

Dafuq. 😐

I was expecting sooner or later a launch date trailer with the usual flashes and fades to blacks and not much in the sense of showing...

This is like stuffing your face with 3 star Michelin food like they were gonna ban them tomorrow. 😐

Well played, Square.

Last edited:

Thief1987

From Q&A
Final Fantasy VII Remake showed the story up until the escape from Midgar, but what point does Final Fantasy VII Rebirth take us up to?

Nomura: We have mentioned this a few times before, but the order in which you can explore the locations is not the same as the original Final Fantasy VII, and there are some shifts in the order. For example, Wutai, one of the major locations, is not part of the route in Final Fantasy VII Rebirth and will be visited in the next one. Although there are some changes in the order of the locations, the locations depicted in this title extend up to "The Forgotten Capital," where the greatest fate of Final Fantasy VII awaits you.

Kind of crazy that FF7 Rebirth comes out on February 29th. That is a leap year and it happens only every 4 years. What are the chances of that? That is basically March 1st of any other regular year but the leap year.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

So the official trailer on the Playstation and FF YouTube pages are again only 1080p like the trailer released a few months ago.

However this time, the State of Play stream was in 4k, so if someone rips the trailer section out and uploads it we'll at least have a 2160p version to oggle at.

35cent

I'm more interested in this now. That actually doesn't look too bad. I still feel slightly burned from the first one but I'll definitely keep a tab on it.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
16 is more and more like just a spinoff for the FF series as sony really wants SE to make one. Not sure if rebirth will be reviewed better, but FF fans will likely be liking this way more than 16.

If that's the case then we are in for a HUGE hit. Considering FF16 sold 3 million at launch and got a Metacritic score of 87%.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
So the official trailer on the Playstation and FF YouTube pages are again only 1080p like the trailer released a few months ago.

However this time, the State of Play stream was in 4k, so if someone rips the trailer section out and uploads it we'll at least have a 2160p version to oggle at.

This looks SOOOOO much better.

NeroDaGod

I do hope by the end of all this they give us some sort of dlc or functionality where we can fully control Sephiroth throughout.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I'm more interested in this now. That actually doesn't look too bad. I still feel slightly burned from the first one but I'll definitely keep a tab on it.

This is looking like Remake to Rebirth is gonna feel like the same jump between Assassin's Creed and Assassin's Creed 2.

You can see SO many refinements, new elements, characters, areas, enemies, new story elements, old story elements.

Very impressed from a gameplay design/modular point of view. I was initially fearful that part 2 would either have completely untouched gameplay from Remake, OR it would be totally different. This exhibit showcases how the new elements are built onto old ones:

- The Synergy attacks look to be a BIG draw and something Square is proud of, and it got it's start in the Intermission DLC with Yuffie and Sonon.

- The boxing mini game from OG Gold Saucer utilizes the chibi boxy artstyle they used for Fort Condor in Intermission.

- This one made me go crazy, but they even incorporated elements from as far back as Final Fantasy Fucking IX with different colored Chocobos apparently having different abilities for overworld traversal.

- they seem to be incorporating Remake featured characters. Marle had the opening line in the trailer, Kyrie Canaan was shown in Midgar, and Andrea Rhodea possibly performing at Gold Saucer? I could easily see the dancing becoming a full fledged mini game in GS. It seems like they're not throwing out ANYTHING designed from Remake, but the additions are INSANE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom