• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth releases February 29, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexMex

I absolutely cannot wait to deliver some croissants around the city. Maybe fail a tennis mini game over and over.

This is why I was happy that in Remake they took the story in to new direction, it’s exciting to find out what’s gonna happen next.
I agree and I'm also excited about what's to come, but I feel that our opinion might be the minority on the matter.

I also think this will be the game where people who are wanting a 1:1 remake will fully step off of the train, if it wasn't apparent enough for them with the last one.

YukiOnna

I agree and I'm also excited about what's to come, but I feel that our opinion might be the minority on the matter.

I also think this will be the game where people who are wanting a 1:1 remake will fully step off of the train, if it wasn't apparent enough for them with the last one.
I'm with you guys, as well. I've seen enough new and indications in their messaging to trust they'll surprise and shake it up, too, so I look forward to the Unknown Journey.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

Everyone in their mothers knows the original story of FFVII, even people who didn't play original FFVII at all know the story.......whats fun about retelling exact story again? Now I'm actually excited what comes next and fucking love that.

Original FFVII is available EVERYWHERE, if people want the exact game they can just play that....no one is stopping them.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Everyone in their mothers knows the original story of FFVII, even people who didn't play original FFVII at all know the story.......whats fun about retelling exact story again? Now I'm actually excited what comes next and fucking love that.

Original FFVII is available EVERYWHERE, if people want the exact game they can just play that....no one is stopping them.
Plus, that's what Ever Crisis is for, I believe they said you'd enjoy Rebirth more if you play through the OG on EC, so that's indication enough.

tmlDan

The video should be timestamped, but just in case skip to 6:23 if you want to see Max go in depth on the trailer. Anything before that timestamp is just him having a fun time reacting to all of the reveals. As a warning to those who care: He is genuinely excited throughout the whole video, as one who really likes FF7 would be. Also, spoiler warnings aplenty:

This is genuine joy that you don't see from a lot of people/streamers, if people are wondering why ff7 is so great watch Max's content on it.

The man is so passionate about certain games its great

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
This looking good, but also 2/3 of the way there. Those battles look really good. Another epic battle with Sephiroth and hopefully/maybe the weapons will be epic.

Looking at all the hooded dudes makes me think they could tie Organization XIII to FF7. 🤣

This looking good, but also 2/3 of the way there. Those battles look really good. Another epic battle with Sephiroth and hopefully/maybe the weapons will be epic.

Looking at all the hooded dudes makes me think they could tie Organization XIII to FF7. 🤣
LOL. That was the exact same thought that I had in my mind the instant I saw them. I was like this better not turn into some KH conspiracy theory bullshit.

This is genuine joy that you don't see from a lot of people/streamers, if people are wondering why ff7 is so great watch Max's content on it.

It's one of the reasons I truly enjoyed tuning into certain people like: Ryan Davis, Dan Ryckert, Drew Scanlon, Austin Creed(Xavier Woods), Michael Huber, Austin Walker, Vinny Caravella, Kyle Bosman, Ben Moore, and Brandon Jones in the 2010s decade.

It was great to see and hear people who can still be genuinely excited about video games but not to the point where it felt fake or forced. At the same time they're able to criticize games in a fair way that isn't just shitting on them. I still at times follow some of the above people. However, it feels like Maximillian and his Yo videogames crew managed to keep their fun energy and they mainly discuss games and genres that they enjoy(usually fighting games and JRPGs) instead of every game. I feel like the MMO content creators understood this early on(which is why I also follow Josh Strife Hayes).

I think finding a lane is the key to not only good content, but also for the creator to not burn out. They have their lane, they're happy, and they stay in it. The other lanes are open for other creators. That way you don't get so many situations like Alex from Giantbomb playing a crappy sports game you know he's never given a damn about. Plus, the viewer benefits because you know that the person reviewing the game in that genre knows what the hell they're talking about.

AREYOUOKAY?

new direction
THIS SUMMER

1KDYtBa.png

Also, worth noting.

The normally 1 year exclusivity window has been dropped to 3 months. Looks like they're gonna bring the PC version out quicker, or maybe even get it ready for Switch 2, or maybe even a double pack for Xbox by late 2024.

F6BKg-nb0AAkyeo
That’s it. I’ll just wait for PC. I was thinking of getting a PS5 to play it but I can wait a few months to get the ultimate experience! Plus, I’ll be too busy playing Persona 3 Reload.

"In fact, volume wise, the amount of side content in Final Fantasy VII Rebirth is nearly double that of the main quest content."

Jeez, this doesn't bode well for me. May I just buy the main story for half price please?

Doom85

I'm with you guys, as well. I've seen enough new and indications in their messaging to trust they'll surprise and shake it up, too, so I look forward to the Unknown Journey.

While there might be some deviations in some parts of the order of story progress (I believe they’ve already said they’re moving the Wutai section to the third game), I think the people, particularly on gamefaqs, who are making wild theories about this Cloud dying and being replaced by the OG VII Cloud, the alive Zach being from an alternate timeline, and other shit, will be in for a rude awakening.

“the story’s main frame remains unchanged”
”a portion of the story will progress differently than in the original game”

This sounds like while there will be some deviations, it won’t be the massive ones a few people are hyping (or preemptively complaining about) it up to be.

Ryuji Goda

Because I got the PS+ version of Remake PS4 I’m not able to buy intergrade. But now the twin pack is available for €80 and I can immidiatly play Intergrade this way, so seems like a good deal. 😁

Also, is the Crisis Core remake worth playing?

Go_Ly_Dow

Not too bad imo. I'm pretty sure OG Disk 1 is around half of the total game and for this remakes third entry the majority of the environments will be made for this incoming title.

Development for the final part already began last year, I think it'll drop Spring 2027, so roughly the final 1-2 years of this gen.

squallheart

Remake was a 7/10 for me but they sure know how to hit the nostalgia for me cause now I have to buy this. Debating on the collectors edition hmmm.

Caio

It looks amazing, I was impressed. I will play it on PS5 PRO, because I don't have a PS5 yet, and I prefer to wait for the PRO Model. By the way, it blowed me away. I'm happy, very happy :) The wait will be less painfull :D

Just_one

The Soundtrack should have been on vynil dammit!!

might pre-order the normal edition although im a sucker for steelcases

nevertheless , day 1 for sure!

Pretty much my reaction on the drive home from work yesterday lol. All of his stuff is great because at heart, he's a true superfan.

Never played the original so IDGAF either way.

YukiOnna

While there might be some deviations in some parts of the order of story progress (I believe they’ve already said they’re moving the Wutai section to the third game), I think the people, particularly on gamefaqs, who are making wild theories about this Cloud dying and being replaced by the OG VII Cloud, the alive Zach being from an alternate timeline, and other shit, will be in for a rude awakening.

“the story’s main frame remains unchanged”
”a portion of the story will progress differently than in the original game”

This sounds like while there will be some deviations, it won’t be the massive ones a few people are hyping (or preemptively complaining about) it up to be.
I don’t know anything like that, I do think they imply it’s heading for a new conclusion, especially with them back with the first one talking about the true meaning behind the subtitles becoming clear after it’s all done.

But I’m merely talking about twists and turns of existing developments, new story additions, and where this will all go. To the same level as the last game in intrigue is all i can work off. They still have to work off the original, but how they play around with it or add on is the fun part.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
The Cloud/Sephiroth Synergy attacks has me hyped. I assume each disc is a different timeline. Would be really cool.

I'm seeing a very deep Legacy of Kain time travel slowly unravel here.

Lots of Goku/Vegeta and Guts/Griffith rivalry between Cloud and Sephiroth here in only a few details. Quite amazing.

Boxart showcases Cloud, Zack, Sephiroth which is really pointing to the Rebirth of the 3 Heroes spoken of in Loveless.

Cloud replaces Genesis, Zack replaces Angeal and then Sephiroth is the 3rd.

But it could also point to either 2 timelines converging into one or 3 timelines altogether.

Might overall be 3 protagonists featuring the 3.

Tons to speculate!!! Very promising next chapter in the Trilogy.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
With all the emphasis on Zack I have a bad feeling this game is going to go way off script and make plot changes that are going to piss everyone off. But we’ll see.

Go_Ly_Dow

none of this is fake, he is obsessed with ff7 lol

Max isn't the type to fake shit, i've been watching him for years - his big brain theories vid with easy allies is almost 2 hours of his theories for the future of the game
Yup he also watched the State of Play live.

I also dislike 95% of reaction vids, but Max is one of the exceptions. Is genuinely hyped AF for the Remake project and has provided some of the best analysis on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom