• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth: Special TGS Presentation - Open World Exploration, Towns, Mini Games & Hunts

ergem

The graphics and details are insane considering it’s open world. And you can swim too!

I would say Horizon FW still looks better graphically but this has more complex gameplay systems.

I can’t wait to get lost and explore every corner of the world. Hopefully FFIX Remake will get the same open world treatment!

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

The graphics and details are insane considering it’s open world. And you can swim too!

I would say Horizon FW still looks better graphically but this has more complex gameplay systems.

I can’t wait to get lost and explore every corner of the world. I hopefully FFIX Remake will get the same open world treatment!
Impressive when you consider the cutscene/cinematic quality in FF games, the amount of characters, variety in locales and gameplay. Length of the story too.

FFIX Remake won't get this kind of treatment though. Perhaps X would.

Last edited:

Lethal01

EN_04_ff7rebirth_SS_0923_world.png
EN_02_ff7rebirth_SS_0923_world.png

Eastern_Continent.png

TOKYO_GAME_SHOW_2023_SQUARE_ENIX_ASIA.gif

DOUBLE AIR DODGE

45_Minutes_Of_Final_Fantasy_VII_Rebirth_PS5_Gameplay_TGS_202_2.gif

Jump button and long range for cloud​

Last edited:
Yes i've played the original, I meant in terms of how the first remake was compared to this. The open zones are more 'open' than I thought they'd make.
Why do you consider it a 180? If that was the original layout wouldnt it make sense for that to be the way this was? If YOU felt it was going to be different thats not them doing a 180.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Why do you consider it a 180? If that was the original layout wouldnt it make sense for that to be the way this was? If YOU felt it was going to be different thats not them doing a 180

It's a 180 compared to the first game, I thought the sequel would also be a wide linear hall based game but clearly ditching the PS4 hardware has let them make a more realized open world/zone based structure more faithful to the OG.

And yes it's a 180 in my view, that's all.

Last edited:

Lethal01

Can you actually jump manually now? At least in battles?
not really

With cloud if you hold attack you will do a jump attack to the enemy, TIfa however has an ability that will launch her straight up too, from there you can air dodge.

but also kinda, jump attack would be more accurate.

Last edited:
Open world and Ubi towers! Stealthy chocobo capturing like catching a wild horse in BotW! Such a shift from Remake, but I like it. I'd much rather spend most of my time in the outdoors as opposed to Shin-Ra's dirty factory any day of the week.

It's a 180 compared to the first game, I thought the sequel would also be a wide linear hall based game but clearly ditching the PS4 hardware has let them make a more realized open world/zone based structure more faithful to the OG.

And yes it's a 180 in my view, that's all.

I think it's false to assume it was because they ditched the PS4.

Hunnybun

The graphics are insanely impressive.

As a ridiculously zealous Xbox fanboy, it pains me to say this, but this is yet another PS5 exclusive that just wipes the floor with anything Microsoft can offer.

Congratulations to Jim Ryan and the team!

Looks amazing. Can't believe some are saying it's "PS4 graphics" and with that said, I expect a barrage of still shots thrown my way, but even bull shots won't have that much attention to detail with that many npcs moving around the map, so don't even try it, buddy.

As a ridiculously zealous Xbox fanboy, it pains me to say this, but this is yet another PS5 exclusive that just wipes the floor with anything Microsoft can offer.

Thats really not necessary. If XBox games aren't your thing sell it and buy a PS5.

mortal

Gold Member
No disrespect to FF16 but this is clearly where the A team went for the last 4 years. This game sounds insane.
Nah CBU1 isn't any more A team than CBU3. They had different visions for Final Fantasy, and both can co-exist.

Sorry for what?? I enjoyed the first game.
To be fair, Remake kind of did serve as a tech demo since they were establishing and building up all of the mechanics and ideas that will be further refined in Rebirth and Part 3.
This obviously looks like a much bigger and more dense game as well.

ProtoByte

not really

With cloud if you hold attack you will do a jump attack to the enemy, TIfa however has an ability that will launch her straight up too, from there you can air dodge.

but also kinda, jump attack would be more accurate.
Eh. That's not the worst thing and even makes sense to some degree - but I'd prefer more verticality and free movement.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Could you Block+Parry like that in REMAKE? I don't remember at all.
I remember in Intermission Yuffie could do perfect block. In base game Cloud could with punisher stand and one of weapon had parry ability.

edit: I also we had parry Materia but I never really used that.
Movement and exploration was too limited for my tastes. Still had vestiges of FF XIII all over it.
I don't regret buying FFVIIRemake full price because it was tons of fun and unlike FFXIII it still had towns you could walk around and do quests.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

4 months ago:
Just a PS5 at the moment. I sold my Nintendo Bitch last year when I realized I hadn't played on it for about 2 years.

I haven't seriously contemplated getting an Xbox Seriously Sux yet, but that could change once some exclusives arrive.

And I can't really be bothered with a Pee-C, too much hassle and cost for a pretty small increase in actual real world performance.
Honest question, why do you all keep trying to do this? It's entirely transparent every time, nobody believes it and it's just... pointless? Why even pretend?

Just stop.

YukiOnna

Yes you could do both. If you play in hard mode it becomest the best way to fight alot of bosses.

So the difference is they incorporated it as a proper basic action as an option + dodges which frees up a materia slot and adds more movement in battle. Cool.

E-Cat

Can you go standing outside Midgar? Or are you immediately teleported near Kalm when the game begins and there's an invisiwall?

Top Bottom