• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake director Tetsuya Nomura confirms Honey Bee Inn cross-dressing event, new events, dialogue options, and enemies

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

• The watchmen of fate (the black mist in the trailer) are mysterious beings that appear before the party wherever they go. I hope that even those who have played the original game will enjoy the new elements.
  • There are quite a bit of dialogue options. We are making it so the dialogue changes depending on your response, so the sheer volume of dialogue has increased.
  • The Honey Bee Inn cross-dressing event is still in. We’ve made it more modern. If we made the facility like we did in the original game, the physical unease would be staggering, so that was no good…
  • There are quite a few additions to the scenario. While the main story itself hasn’t changed, there are a countless number of new events. Otherwise we wouldn’t have two Blu-ray discs. (Laughs.)
  • Aerith and Tifa are double heroines. One has a western-style look and the other an eastern-style look.
  • We wanted Tifa to have abs, so she has an athletic body type. The ethics department at Square Enix also told us that we had to tighten her chest as not to get unnatural during all the intense action. From there we got the black underwear and fitted tank top.
  • With an emphasis on immersion and exhilaration, you can fight without stress through the use of shortcuts. When you open the command menu, time slows and you can fight like a command battle.
  • Each playable character has different enemy affinities.
  • An item is required for MP recovery.
  • For the sake of level design, we’re preparing a few new enemies where necessary.

brap

Banned
Well, I don't think it's exactly healthy (or a good look) for Tifa to have her assets fly around without a sports bra. :p
They don't have to have her boobies jiggle. And idk about the black underwear. Guess she wasn't wearing any in the original? Not like you'd probably be able to see it anyway.

GenericUser

That is interesting, but I don't think this game will be very good to begin with. Something just feels wrong about the remake, I can't exactly put my finger on it though. I'm waiting for the PS5 version to arrive as well, before I will play it. I waited 22 years for this, I can wait a couple of years more of necessary.

EDIT: Peoples obesession with female anatomy is ... interesting. You all guys know that there are special websites on this new invention called internet, where you can see unconcealed female bodies for free, right?

Last edited:

BruceCM

We wanted Tifa to have abs, so she has an athletic body type. The ethics department at Square Enix also told us that we had to tighten her chest as not to get unnatural during all the intense action. From there we got the black underwear and fitted tank top.
Huh, can't have bouncy boobs.... :(

Pallas

Good to see the honey bee event is staying in, plus it’s great that they are adding a lot more content!

Senhua

Well, I don't think it's exactly healthy (or a good look) for Tifa to have her assets fly around without a sports bra. :p
When I watch/play some games, I surely as fuck will never think about "why this female char tits bouncing so unrealistic way - need to be added sports bra" so pre-order canceled or will give 5/10 in my user review.
Only someone like Anita CS who care about this kind of shit.

But I am sure will cancel my pre-order if female character look unattractive than the original/spin off ones especially just for sake of realism.

Last edited:

Paracelsus

Why do I have a feeling that if we had a picture of this department they'd look like they would be the last people in the whole world to be talking about ethics?

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned
Is Anita apart of the 'ethics' department? I can just see it now:

Anita: "THIS HONEY BEE TIFA OUTFIT IS PROBLEMATIC. TSK TSK. IT MUST BE RESOLVED IMMEDIATELY."

Psykodad

Banned
Bad title. Honey Bee Inn is changed. “Modernized” which is marketing speak for “ruined”.

This game is gonna suck, isn’t it?
Yeah, wtf. Why change it?

So, the Red XIII/Aerith rape scene is out of the game, confirmed. :/

stickkidsam

Oh shit, the Watchmen of Fate!? Sounds pretty sweet! Glad to see dialogue options are still a thing. Oh hey the HoneyBee Inn is... is...

• The Honey Bee Inn cross-dressing event is still in. We’ve made it more modern. If we made the facility like we did in the original game, the physical unease would be staggering, so that was no good…
tumblr_op5o5ci7qN1vrpazoo2_400.gif

• We wanted Tifa to have abs, so she has an athletic body type. The ethics department at Square Enix also told us that we had to tighten her chest as not to get unnatural during all the intense action. From there we got the black underwear and fitted tank top.
tenor.gif

I never realized the ethics department would have such deep insight on the world of fantasy physics.

All in all, it sounds like a lot of good stuff is happening, but god damn can we just have fun without worry that something will be toned down? We have a game called Doom but we can't stand to have a strip club or Tifa's bouncing breasticles?

EDIT: Peoples obesession with female anatomy is ... interesting. You all guys know that there are special websites on this new invention called internet, where you can see unconcealed female bodies for free, right?
It isn't mostly about the boobs. It's about the principle.

What people create should not be being supervised to avoid triggering moral busybodies. It's ridiculous; an "ethics department" for a video game? That sets off some red flags but I don't want to read too much into a translation. We should wait and see how it was all handled.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Pretty sure that once Honeybee Inn is revealed, there would be a Twitter war on the lack of representation etc etc. :p

Psykodad

Banned
Just realized, what if they turned Honey Bee Inn into a gameshop and have Cloud barking at everyone, convincing them it's MA'AM!?

Last edited:

Call_me_shane

Neo Member
I'll wait to see it before I bash it. I kind of understand modernizing it. With realistic character models it might have been too awkward. As long as it keeps the sexual innuendo comedy. I also hope I get to do a squat competition to get the best wig.

Aerith and Tifa are double heroines. One has a western-style look and the other an eastern-style look.

WTF is this? Why is nobody talking about this? Is this Namura confirmation that Tifa is asian? I always figured she's caucasian like Cloud since she's from the same village and all. I always thought the only asian was Yuffie.

GreyHorace

They had an ethics department give approval to Tifa's design, and the SJWs still hate it. Oh the irony.

Otherwise, the rest of the info is enlightening and gives hope that this may be a special game. I never played the original FF7, but I may get this because they're adding a lot of stuff and not just sticking to be a straight remake.

Joyful

wait and see mode.
I also wonder what this watchmen of fate shit is though
pretty much every spinoff/extra ff7 thing was shit so id rather they keep to the original story as much as possible

D.Final

Banned

• The watchmen of fate (the black mist in the trailer) are mysterious beings that appear before the party wherever they go. I hope that even those who have played the original game will enjoy the new elements.
  • There are quite a bit of dialogue options. We are making it so the dialogue changes depending on your response, so the sheer volume of dialogue has increased.
  • There are quite a few additions to the scenario. While the main story itself hasn’t changed, there are a countless number of new events. Otherwise we wouldn’t have two Blu-ray discs. (Laughs.)
  • Aerith and Tifa are double heroines. One has a western-style look and the other an eastern-style look.
  • With an emphasis on immersion and exhilaration, you can fight without stress through the use of shortcuts. When you open the command menu, time slows and you can fight like a command battle.
  • Each playable character has different enemy affinities.
  • An item is required for MP recovery.
  • For the sake of level design, we’re preparing a few new enemies where necessary.

Good news :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

I think the "Watchmen of Fate" are the hooded black figures also present in the original game.
(I think they will have a bigger role in this Remake)

Fuz

Banned
But it's healty for the viewer.

P.S.
Fuck you, nomura.

P.P.S.
Fuck you, ethics department.

Last edited:
Tifa looks like a fit, attractive woman with a nice rack instead of some animu blowup doll with balloon tits.... get out the fucking pitchforks!!!

This. Tifa looks incredible. Nothing to do with the protagonist of Gears 5 or even Aloy. She is fit and sexy.

Everything that is said in the article sounds great. I would love Cloud crossdressed as Lightning, that would be pretty awesome.

royox

If we made the facility like we did in the original game, the physical unease would be staggering, so that was no good…

I don't understand what does that mean. I need a reword of this "Physical unease", I'm not native english :S

#Phonepunk#

Banned

After the endless “where are the muscles? It’s not realistic” well yeah fighting in a tank top isn’t either. Got to have some support yo

Besides she is still doing kicks in a mini skirt. People can still perv at their leisure

Vlaphor

After the endless “where are the muscles? It’s not realistic” well yeah fighting in a tank top isn’t either. Got to have some support yo

Besides she is still doing kicks in a mini skirt. People can still perv at their leisure

Actually, she's wearing a skort now. There are shorts under that mini skirt.

Birdo

Banned
  • The Honey Bee Inn cross-dressing event is still in. We’ve made it more modern.

It doesn't matter how they handle this. The press and Tumblr are going to be screaming "Transphobia" from the rooftops. Despite it not being related.

In fact, I'm going to bookmark this page so I can do a "Told you so" in the future.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
Nothing that you said changes the fact they admitted to censorship. Not a single word.
It’s a AAA video game. These things cost many millions of dollars to produce and are made by teams of hundreds if not thousands of devs, artists, marketers, etc. If you think there’s a single AAA game in existence that is some “pure” director’s vision, with no interference or compromise, you are delusional.

It’s not like this was some woke “diversity and inclusion” department trying to remove any femininity or masculinity from the game. Their “censorship” was “let’s give her large but realistic DD boobs instead of giant floppy DoA cartoon tits.”

In this case I think it was the right decision. Her design looks great.

Bkdk

Please axe the ethics department, waste of time and money for giving harmful opinions to both gamers and company.

Top Bottom