• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake is a multi-part series

Things that ran through my head

Episodic, focused character based chapters, linear, no access to entire world map, likely some Golden Saucer (real money) credit system, no more random side missions.

DLC missions.

All of our industry support for shit over ten years led to this.

Truly the FF7 remake we deserve.

WE HAVE NO-ONE TO BLAME BUT OURSELVES

Boss Man

You know what this means?

The ultimate cluster fuck.... NO overworld. It's going to be gutted and streamlined. An overworld wouldn't make sense for the episodic nature.
They literally cannot make final fantasy games anymore. Like, they are technically incapable.

I would happily trade graphics for a cel-shaded, proper FF game. Their graphics aren't even that impressive anymore. Just not going to happen so long as the name keeps selling as is though.

depths20XX

Why are people comparing this to how the original had 3 discs? That's not what episodic is. When you bought the game you got the whole thing at once. Everything was accessible.

SoulUnison

Banned
So we're going to get to, like, the end of the highway in Midgar and get a TO BE CONTINUED screen?

"Coming 2018."

Please just make the whole game at once.

I can't help but feel that Square is afraid that they might foul up such a beloved and anticipated remake, so they're hoping to release it part by part and use data from each piece to focus-test the hell out of the following parts.

They're going to "Final Fantasy XV/Episode Duscae" this, but on a "real" scale.

How many more times can this gif have different meanings?

1) FF7 for PS4 as a PC port release, crushing hopes of those wanting FF7 Remake
2) FF7 Remake was in the works during the FF7 PS4 announcement, surprising everyone
3) FF7 Remake is to be episodic, rather than a single game
4) ???

I would say FF7 being action based should be 3, but that's not necessarily his fault, whereas episodic content could be.

Replicant

giphy.gif

Appropriate GIF is appropriate. Hashimotroll, indeedy.

LuuKyK

『Inaba Resident』;188194445 said:
We barely have any details.
This thread is embarrassing

Yeah, I might as well leave. :/ No chance of bringing reason into this thread at this point or even try to discuss what this probably mean. People are just going to overreact as always, until the dust settles down at least...

quesalupa

Nah man this Shit is retarded. Square Enix should cancel this game ASAP. No need to butcher this game any further. Sad thing is people will buy it too. man what a freaking train wreck this FFVII remake business has been. Nomura and entire square enix is just money grubbing idiot IMO. Maybe they will make a good game again in another 50 years when they are at the verge of bankruptcy. Oh well this just makes me super sad. I never even curse on these posts but this news made me do it. Shame on SE :(
Holy shit lol.

fester

Banned
But that not what FF7 fans want, right? They want the whole experience.

I want the game remade with updated graphics/sound. That's it. Not "reimagined" combat, not a long, drawn out "episodic" pile of bullshit. Sweet baby jebus on a pogostick, they managed to do a decent job with FFX, what's so goddamned hard about doing FF7 right?

We're no strangers to fucking fans
You know the rules and so do I
An action game is what I'm thinking of
You wouldn't get this from any other company
I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand

Never gonna buy your crap
You always let you down you've finally made me run around and hate you
Always gonna make you cry
Time to say goodbye
Always telling lies and hurt you

We've known each other for so long
Your heart's been aching but
You're too dumb to say it
Inside we both know what's been going on
We know the game and we're gonna play it
And if you ask me how I'm feeling
Don't tell me you're too blind to see

Never gonna give you up
Always gonna let you down
Gonna make it an action game
Always gonna make you cry
Final fantasy 7 say goodbye
Always gonna tell a lie and hurt you

Yep. *dead*

Nah, it's a big enough detail that it implies a whole lot about how the game will be designed and structured.

We don't know everything by any stretch of the imagination, but people have every right to react warily to this.

Thing is, the press release doesn't actually use the term episodic gaming. It simply says "told across a multi-part series, each part having unique existence".

That's vague enough to not necessarily mean it's episodic in the way we think of.

tuxfool

Banned
I'm not surprised at all by this news, in fact I figured it might happen. Too much fucking content in FF7 to remake all of it into a single, modern AAA game. This just makes financial sense. It would be prohibitively expensive otherwise and would take forever to make.

Totally this. I don't get how the possibility of this didn't enter anybodies mind.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Come on

There isn't a single person in the world who looked at that trailer and said "oh, I wish this was made in episodic format". Seriously, Square.

No but I did say, "Man, I sure would like to play this before I turn 40!"

Isaccard

I guess that explains how they plan to cover the whole story. They'll use episode breaks to cut out parts of the world that would be too large and too time consuming/expensive to create.

When you put it this way, I can get behind it, makes sense

Kanokare

Episodic or full, I'd rather the game be different than a full remake with just prettier graphics and angles. I'm still optimistic with their approach since they can cut the fat out and keep the good parts re-visualized. Sorry us old farts aren't the only ones that play these games so they gotta open the game a bit more for newcomers as well.

『Inaba Resident』;188194445 said:
We barely have any details.
This thread is embarrassing

We have all the details they want us to have right now, and are responding to them. This isn't what anyone expected, and there isn't anything apparently positive. This is a hard fucking crash for a lot of us who were riding the hype train.

Oreiller

Why are people freaking out so much? We don't even have any detail and people are already acting like it's the end of the world.
That's quite embarassing =/

Nah man this Shit is retarded. Square Enix should cancel this game ASAP. No need to butcher this game any further. Sad thing is people will buy it too. man what a freaking train wreck this FFVII remake business has been. Nomura and entire square enix is just money grubbing idiot IMO. Maybe they will make a good game again in another 50 years when they are at the verge of bankruptcy. Oh well this just makes me super sad. I never even curse on these posts but this news made me do it. Shame on SE :(

do you actually read what you type

Season one (Midgar) - 40$

Episode 1 - Midgar first half

Episode 2 - Midgar second half

Season 2 - 80$

Contains 5 episodes

Etc Etc

Look deep into your heart, you know it's true. Their gonna milk this shit dry.
2fGYhcB.gif

Uhh.. XV is nearing completion. Don't know what's your silly beef with that game, but yeah, the game is pretty close to being done.
Famassu
100% likely wrong.
(Today, 08:19 PM)
Too much to hope for 3 parts?

Disc 1
Disc 2
Disc 3
image.php

x3sphere

I feel like a lot of people are going to wait until all the episodes are out, I know I will at least. Not sure this is a good way to release such a huge big budget title.

But I'll wait for more details before getting worked up about it.

Top Bottom