• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Yeah, bosses in FFX are very well designed for levels you'll probably in when you get to them. In contrast, post-game bosses are just terrible stat checks.

Yeah, bosses in FFX are very well designed for levels you'll probably in when you get to them. In contrast, post-game bosses are just terrible stat checks.

Hey now. Some of them are armor checks.

Really wish the game had gotten the original intended in-story Neslug boss battle. I'm curious to know what it'd have been like if it weren't just an especially shitty postgame boss.

Vashetti

Banned
If you're 'struggling' on any of the main-story bosses then you're either quite underlevelled or not employing a particular strategy or exploiting a weakness.

I've steamrolled through the game so far. My Auron is hitting almost 9999 in the Calm Lands.

If you're 'struggling' on any of the main-story bosses then you're either quite underlevelled or not employing a particular strategy or exploiting a weakness.

I've steamrolled through the game so far. My Auron is hitting almost 9999 in the Calm Lands.

Yep. The only storyline boss fight in the game that employs pretty seriously overwhelming sheer damage against your entire party at once is Seymour Flux, and that's because Seymour Flux is all about teaching you to use Protect and Shell effectively.

And seriously, you can beat just about every single main-story boss simply by spamming Aeon overdrives anyway if you don't want to bother strategizing.

Atlantis

Actually, one of my favorite things about this this game is that levels are almost meaningless. The way bosses work, a weak party can still beat a boss as long as you've got the right tools. (Ignoring all the broken things, of course.)

It's also why such crazy challenge runs are possible, if you're into that sort of thing.

Vashetti

Banned
Actually, one of my favorite things about this this game is that levels are almost meaningless. The way bosses work, a weak party can still beat a boss as long as you've got the right tools. (Ignoring all the broken things, of course.)

It's also why such crazy challenge runs are possible, if you're into that sort of thing.

I'm not crazy enough to do one of those runs! Maybe a Yuna-only run one day, perhaps.

I overlevel early in the game so I'm always ahead and overkilling everything, which lets me level even faster.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Since this game is on sale I have to ask. Last JRPG I've completed was FF7. I kinda feel the itch for playing another Final Fantasy. Will this game rekindle my love for JRPGs?

Levyne

Banned
I know a lot of people who like FFX, but they are generally people who are already big fans of japanese rpgs and can put up with a little melodrama, iffy voice acting, and a somewhat slow battle system (there are many that are far worse, but I wouldn't call FFX exceedingly fast or snappy). I don't really see this game as the sort to rekindle a lost japanese rpg love.

ZeroX03

Banned
Got my FFX platinum ages ago but only halfway through X-2. I think it's time to return and finish up X-2. Such a pain following the guides though.

Snagged this yesterday for Vita and there is truly something magical about having FF I through X-2 sitting there when I turn it on. Was debating it since I had just finished X on the PS3 version, but loading up my al'behd complete language file from the first visit to Baaj Temple and using Expert sphere grid for the first time should make things more interesting. Can't wait to catch all that dialog that read as gibberish the first time through.

And I also neglected to do the majority of the side-stuff on my PS3 game. I think I will be more inclined to on the Vita since I am not tethered to the TV. Oh, and the healing functions on the Vita are a cool little addition I wasn't expecting.

Hey guys, dumb question but I want the cart version of X-2, is the R3 version in English.. some folks on other forums say yea but I trust GAF more.

Dynedom

Took a break form this game because of Sun Sigil bullshit. Came back after about 3 weeks and bam: got it!

Finally got my perfect run. 5 balloons spawned on the right side at the start. Got all 5. Grabbed 7 more on the trot. Not one bird. Finished the course in 0.33.1 before rewards.

Glorious!

Still a horseshit sidequest.

Roubjon

So I was playing FFX-2 and trying to give it a chance. I've never really played it before, and everyone was saying how it's not great, except the battle system is fun.

But omg it's so goddamn boring. I was following a guide to 100% it and It was just so mundane. It's like watching the boring lives of a group of people. And the battle system is fun, but the battles are so easy, granted I only just finished the first chapter. And there is no journey or anything like that, which is my favorite part of RPGs. It's just like taking a tour around Spira. Which sucks, because I actually like some off the new characters like Paine and Gippal. If something interesting happens regarding those two then maybe I'll keep playing, butif not, I can't see myself playing for much longer at all.

mstevens

It's been a couple months since I finished both of these games, and the biggest complement about them I can give is that I have immediate nostalgia about the experience (I had played FFX but not FFX-2 before). Similar to how I felt immediately after I finished Xenoblade, even after the probably 150+ hours I spent with both games, I want to go back into the world and experience it again. Listening to the tracks of even the new-to-me FFX-2 on youtube makes me nostalgic for the game similar to how I feel about Super Mario RPG, FF7 and other games from my childhood.

Amazing games. Thanks Square-Enix for giving me a chance to experience FFX again and FFX-2 for the first time. I'll definitely be booting these back up again in the future (although this time I won't be doing some of the tedious platinum requirements haha)

Kinsei

Banned
Just got the platinum for FFX! Total playtime: 96:17

unQUVPt.jpg

Cudder

I'm about 22 hours into the story, playing for the first time. Do I need to craft armor or weapons at all in this? I haven't been doing it so far and I've been fine. I just equip what I think is the best equipment for each character.

Levyne

Banned
I'm about 22 hours into the story, playing for the first time. Do I need to craft armor or weapons at all in this? I haven't been doing it so far and I've been fine. I just equip what I think is the best equipment for each character.

It's not really needed, no. There's a few places where it can be really helpful and sometimes I like to do it just because I get antsy if I keep someone with the same weapon for too long (but that's just me being unreasonable).

You can go through the story without crafting anything.

The execution of crafting during the story is pretty flawed anyway. Lots of materials needed and they're pretty scattered. Crafting itself comes up pretty late. Shop/chest/drop items are good enough.

Cudder

You can go through the story without crafting anything.

The execution of crafting during the story is pretty flawed anyway. Lots of materials needed and they're pretty scattered. Crafting itself comes up pretty late. Shop/chest/drop items are good enough.
Maybe crafting is the wrong word. I meant adding spells/abilities to equipment that has free space.

Yeah, I know. FFX calls it Customize. I just ended up collecting elemental/status items.

By the way, the stat properties are deceptive. For example, "Strength +x%" means you deal x% extra physical damage instead of increasing your Strength by x%.

Cornbread78

I don't get it. I did everything I needed to for Tobli and everything I needed to for Kimari and yet I don't get the Episode complete option for either? WTF? How does this happen?

An-Det

I just beat Evrae in FFX, how much longer is there to go?

I beat Evrae at about 33 hours in and am currently at just over 45 with the end in sight but still a bit off. So still some way to go.
Currently at Zanarkand fighting the last boss of the area, first boss fight in the game to really kick my ass.

Yawnier

Banned
Bought this collection last week and I have put about 12 hours into FFX so far, great game. I think I actually prefer most of the remodeled/remastered faces to the old ones. Some of the remastered tracks aren't too bad either.

Also this game reminds me of ToS so much it is not even funny lol.

//ARCANUM

So I played FFX when I was in college and remembered it being great. Not as good as FF VII, but a lot of fun.

Well I've played 5 hours of it so far on my Vita and... well... its pretty bad so far. I know its a remake of a PS2 game but the character animations, voice acting, lip syncing, etc. is all so distractingly bad. The characters will pause for 2 seconds, do a horrible animation, then say their line, then there will be a 2-5 second pause, no animation, then they'll start talking again...

Also, while I was on the first boat trip, I had to run up to the top of the boat to hear wakka and witch lady talking. Then it gives me control again and I try everything and nothing else works to continue the story so I go back up again... where it then continues the story.... then it spits me back out in control again when I have to just go right back up to listen to them talk more... this happens like 4 or 5 times. wtf? ridiculous. Completely illogical. And I'm so sick of watching a story scene play out, be given control, walk 3 feet and then on to the next story scene. Why even give control?? It doesn't make sense.

And lets not even start on the lip syncing. I'd rather their mouths just be closed than what it is now. They're flapping their jaws even when they don't have any lines at all.

Why is this so janky as shit?

It distracts me so much.

I have re-played older games with older styles and never ever have I been this bothered and annoyed by a game.

And what was anyone thinking when they ever made a single decision about tidus ever?

Does this game take a huge left turn sometime soon? (I'm at the start of Blitzball, ALSO annoying - I do 20 mins of tutorial on how to play blitzball and then I'm Tidus running around doing other stuff, not playing Blitzball.)

What the hell is going on with this game?

1384464_0.jpg

Got 0.0.0 on the chocobo race!

Not that bad. I used to be able to do that back in the day ok. On Vita its a bit of a pain because you cant see shit but once you get lucky with balloon placement its a walk in the park.

Think I will get all the summons. Beat Ultama Weapon and then call it a day for side stuff and head for the end game.

Never cared for grinding to be super powerful and the dark aeons can suck a fat one.

So I just beat FFX-2. Is Last Mission worth playing? From what I've read it seems interesting (being a Roguelike), but if it's just a grind I might skip it.

Audioboxer

After a month or so break, I'm going to jump back and continue working on the platinum for FFX. Eager to get it and started FFX-2 as I've never played it.

I left last time at the catch 10x of all monsters. Such a grind... Back to it!

Scuderia

Anyone else find Tidus' overdrive pretty much impossible to time from Energy Rain? (Vita).

Don't think i've managed to time it right once in around 30 attempts

Oh my god this chocobo catcher race

I am at wits end over here

And complaining to GAF works once again, Sun Sigil get!. Better save before some act of god fucks this up for me.

Love the psychic dressphere, telekinesis is ridiculous, success rate is definitely over 90%.
Description should say "rarely fails" instead of "sometimes fails".
The outfits are really cool.

Having a lot of fun revisiting this one.

bobawesome

I haven't seriously played FFX since April and coming back to it I remember why I took a break... I've still got to dodge lightning, play blitzball, and finish the sphere grid with every character. I'm honestly not too worried about the ultimate bosses as I'm saving them for last. But man...this is going to take me forever. I haven't even started X-2 yet.

bobawesome

I went from being unable to dodge more than 20 lightning bolts in a row to dodging 141 consecutively. I got excited when I checked the chest and heard the fanfare. :(

But no one's compelling you to do all that. D:

just kidding I know the struggle

The struggle is real.

My Vita version of FFX just crashed after
the wedding sequence
. Shit is infuriating. I hope my copy isn't busted -- I'm gonna run it again. Anyone else have similar problems?

sasuke_91

I pretty much completed Wakka's and Auron's respective path (expert grid). Should I use a teleport sphere to send Wakka through Auron's path? What should I do with Auron?

Top Bottom