• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2010 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Desi said:
yay i did my level cap increase quest so I can level to 80 now. Should I go ahead and buy abyssea?

Yes, buy both. With abyssea you can get leveled up to 8- and then 85 in no time at all.

I need to farm pallid percy sometime this week. Pretty much learned how to do it with minimal problems. It's not too difficult with a tank and small number of smart healers to keep the enmity spread across multiple people so no one takes hate.

Amneisac

Ok, well I have played FFXI before, and I have an account that's already pretty far along, but I just bought the Ultimate Edition off steam for $5 and I'm interested in starting up again. If I roll on the GAF server, are there enough people around to help me with some of the more difficult starting things? Basically I just anticipate help with subjob items, maybe some people who aren't too bored to level sync, etc.

Basically I've played this game for about 3-4 years total, but I've never been part of an active linkshell so it'd be cool if I could roll with the GAF crew.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Amneisac said:
Ok, well I have played FFXI before, and I have an account that's already pretty far along, but I just bought the Ultimate Edition off steam for $5 and I'm interested in starting up again. If I roll on the GAF server, are there enough people around to help me with some of the more difficult starting things? Basically I just anticipate help with subjob items, maybe some people who aren't too bored to level sync, etc.

Basically I've played this game for about 3-4 years total, but I've never been part of an active linkshell so it'd be cool if I could roll with the GAF crew.

What level are you? If you're at or near 75, make sure to also buy the Abyssea add on packs, which I don't think were included in the ultimate edition.

Amneisac

DrForester said:
What level are you? If you're at or near 75, make sure to also buy the Abyssea add on packs, which I don't think were included in the ultimate edition.

Okay, so striking the whole internal monologue, I think I will subscribe again and transfer my existing FFXI character. Most of his jobs are right around level 30-40. What's it looking like for getting a job to 80 right now? I understand that Abyssea makes it easy at that point, but will it be possible to get from 40-80? I'm not going to resubscribe until Wednesday so I don't pay full price for only a few days, but since my FFXIV account is still in free time will I see a discount? Or is the discount on your FFXIV account if you're paying for FFXI?

My main is a BST and he's about 50, but what I think I'm going to do is start a new account since I just bought the game again. I don't really want to pay the $25 to transfer servers on top of the $13 for the sub fee.

So I'll be level one, but since I've played into the 60's before it shouldn't hopefully take me too long to get up there as long as it's still somewhat possible to party your way to 75! Last time I played I just solo'd with a BST doing the FoV pages.

Edit: So, I know I can apply this CD key to my existing account to activate the extra content, which is only the addons, it has all the expansions, but will it also give that account 30 free days? If so, I'd be a lot more inclined to just transfer my existing account.

Hmm, so actually now that I think about it, my account has FFXIV active on it still for the free trial period, so if I renewed it would be $7/mo. right? Of course, I couldn't do that for another few days because of their ridiculous billing schedule. I'm not sure what to do, I'd hate to have to do all those rank missions again (I think I was up to rank 6, partially through rank 7's missions) and I wouldn't have any money. That's probably all worth the $25.

Desi

I am in the same position as you. if you on early hours/morning EST I can try and help. Still trying to get back into the game myself, level sync does make it all much easier too.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Amneisac said:
Okay, so striking the whole internal monologue, I think I will subscribe again and transfer my existing FFXI character. Most of his jobs are right around level 30-40. What's it looking like for getting a job to 80 right now? I understand that Abyssea makes it easy at that point, but will it be possible to get from 40-80? I'm not going to resubscribe until Wednesday so I don't pay full price for only a few days, but since my FFXIV account is still in free time will I see a discount? Or is the discount on your FFXIV account if you're paying for FFXI?

My main is a BST and he's about 50, but what I think I'm going to do is start a new account since I just bought the game again. I don't really want to pay the $25 to transfer servers on top of the $13 for the sub fee.

So I'll be level one, but since I've played into the 60's before it shouldn't hopefully take me too long to get up there as long as it's still somewhat possible to party your way to 75! Last time I played I just solo'd with a BST doing the FoV pages.

Edit: So, I know I can apply this CD key to my existing account to activate the extra content, which is only the addons, it has all the expansions, but will it also give that account 30 free days? If so, I'd be a lot more inclined to just transfer my existing account.

Hmm, so actually now that I think about it, my account has FFXIV active on it still for the free trial period, so if I renewed it would be $7/mo. right? Of course, I couldn't do that for another few days because of their ridiculous billing schedule. I'm not sure what to do, I'd hate to have to do all those rank missions again (I think I was up to rank 6, partially through rank 7's missions) and I wouldn't have any money. That's probably all worth the $25.

You could start leeching in abyssea at level 30. finding a group that would take you is another issue

Amneisac

DrForester said:
You could start leeching in abyssea at level 30. finding a group that would take you is another issue

Yeah, well I don't mind doing it the old-fashioned way, I just want to make sure there's enough of a population of people around that level that I can get it done.

And Desi, unfortunately except for the weekend I'm at work early EST.

Shouta

I play on JP timezones so unless your hours are really esoteric, I can only really help on weekends or days off.

Leveling up solo isn't so bad nowadays though. With the addition of Fields of Valor and the XP rings, soloing up to the appropriate sub level, isn't nearly as bad as it used to be. Not as fun as a party but it's feasible.

Regular parties can still be done but require a bit of work to get started. If there's any one downside to Abyssea, it's that regular parties are like gone now.

Amneisac

Yeah, hmmm. I'm on Quetzalcoatl right now (was on Midgard before the merger). I'm pretty sure I'm going to reactivate on Wednesday, just not sure if it's going to be worth the $25 to change over to the GAF server. I don't know anyone on Quetlzcoatl, (except for one friend who won't be reactivating) and I think it'd be cool to play with other people, but I'm so far behind I wouldn't really be playing with anyone for a while. I was mostly playing PUP/DNC when I quit. I think I was in the low 50s.

Mostly I'm just concerned with getting my limit breaks finished at this point.

Desi

just wasted an hour killing Sabertooth tigers in the downs because I though you could do a field of valor at any level....was wrong.

there are no level 59 FoV's!!

I figure Heroes of Abyssea would be a good time to launch the FFXI 2011 OT...anyone else dying to do it? Otherwise I'll probably put it up this weekend or perhaps sooner, since the game is currently on sale.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
New trailer is out...the end features the return of a certain purple haired girl people had a crush on...

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Shouta said:
You know you love her.

And man, I need atmas, they make everyone so broken in Abyssea.

Our LS has been farming atmas. Not hard to get now that people know about the colors. My Linkshell has gotten most the good ones. Magic Attack Bonus atma + 10mp/tic refresh Atma = Uber SMN.

B.K.

I keep wanting to come back and always have to remind myself that I never did have enough time to play it to be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom