• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XI 2013 Seekers of Adoulin |OT| Go West, Young Adventurer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loona

Why do I like the Trust NPC things so much? Watching that trailer makes me want to keep my subscription going just for them.... even though I do zero Adoulin content (have no group) I just muck around doing old stuff myself for fun at the moment lol.

There's only 1 character in Adoulin involved in the Trust system, those areas are far from a prerequisite.
I do absolutely love the kind of references made to past quests and missions during the Trust CSs - they're nice extra motivation to catch up on old content - it's kinda sad that some character's weren't given any for the sake of being login campaign rewards - particularly frustrating in the case of Mihli, who had the greatest quest CS out of all the Serpent Generals... actually, it's pretty weird that both her and Najelith were items while Zazarg and Galadar got CS... OMG, stealth female objectification, call Kotaku/Anita!

Anyway, it's also been neat they now reference each other in some cases when called in the same party - for example, I'd already summoned Galadar, so when I summoned Mihli she mentioned him.

On the topic of catching up with old content, it's interesting to see that sort of things that now count as Tutorial Records of Eminence quests - now it's AF aquisition stuff, which apparently were sort of endgame around the time Zilart was released...
I really should finish the ones I haven't yet...

Hmm... when I said harder, I meant harder than when you fought them in the storyline. "Normal" I guess.

Anyway, are they mechanically interesting fights? I'm have my doubts about how the game plays at 99, so I was wondering how those fights have adapted to that.

Well they aren't going to compare to the flashy 8 phase position based fights in more modern MMOs. It's mostly paying attention to status effects, knowing when certain moves are going to be used and how to mitigate them etc.

AAMR for example, will use charm at around 50%, if you're not prepared for it, or if you're damage is too slow and she doesn't use it while your tank has mitigating buffs up, you're gonna have a bad time. AAMR will also steal 1hour abilities and buffs from players. If you steal her perfect dodge, she'll steal it back too.

AAHM uses mijin gakure at 5-1% and must be similarly mitigated.

AAEV uses a breath damage attack called arrogance incarnate which requires multiple targets in range to spread the damage else you'll be one shotted almost every time. Breath damage reduction gear that's worth a damn at the level you're fighting at is rare.

Divine might has you fighting all these plus more at the same time (though this is handled by pulling them off one at a time)

Kam'lanaut summons elemental debuff fetters under 50% that will turn into clones of him if not destroyed quickly.

There's some neat stuff in there, and it needs a good setup of people who know what's what to get them cleared.

I've always liked the encounter design in FFXI, it's always seemed very grounded overall with how the monsters have access to most of the same base skills as players, or some impossible combination of them.

Reishiki

Banned
I'm at my wits end over this. The FFXI red-dot-after-three-minutes issue has returned and I can't seem to do anything this time to fix it.

I've got this set as my router port forwards (I can't set 59990-59999 due to some firmware USB FTP BS):

I3u9tvH.png

The port forwarding, even with the 59990-59999 gap worked fine for ages, and now it doesn't. My router (TD-W8970) doesn't have any firewall logs that I can see, so I'm not sure what's going on.

EDIT: I think I fixed it. Switched ethernet ports and hit the DHCP server a few times.

I'm at my wits end over this. The FFXI red-dot-after-three-minutes issue has returned and I can't seem to do anything this time to fix it.

I've got this set as my router port forwards (I can't set 59990-59999 due to some firmware USB FTP BS):

I3u9tvH.png

The port forwarding, even with the 59990-59999 gap worked fine for ages, and now it doesn't. My router (TD-W8970) doesn't have any firewall logs that I can see, so I'm not sure what's going on.

EDIT: I think I fixed it. Switched ethernet ports and hit the DHCP server a few times.

Any luck? Never had anything like that happen to me so I can't add anything unfortunately.

B.K.

How good are the augments for weapons from Wildskeeper Reives? I was checking prices for Razorfuy and it's dropped to 600,000 today.

How good are the augments for weapons from Wildskeeper Reives? I was checking prices for Razorfuy and it's dropped to 600,000 today.

The augments don't make the weapons better than a higher ilevel piece unfortunately, you lose too much acc and attack from the skill difference. But on lower level content they are pretty good. You can get 40% occ. attacks twice on any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom