• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XI 2013 Seekers of Adoulin |OT| Go West, Young Adventurer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loona

The push I needed to move on with WotG missions...
I'm up to Distorter of Time, I wonder how far I can solo it?...

Loona

Can solo all of it with a decked out pet job.

I'm not done levelling my BST, but I have some skirmish and WKR gear it coulf wear at 99. No pet item for the level, but nowadays they all raise to weapon level, right?...

Gonna see how far my MNK can get 1st though...

I'm not done levelling my BST, but I have some skirmish and WKR gear it coulf wear at 99. No pet item for the level, but nowadays they all raise to weapon level, right?...

Gonna see how far my MNK can get 1st though...

I think you still need the relic and AF gear to make it exact / above the correct level, but getting a tough pet off the AH shouldn't be a problem. Use the highest ilevel mainhand weapon you can get, regardless of other stats. Eminent / Delve would be the best options.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I think you still need the relic and AF gear to make it exact / above the correct level, but getting a tough pet off the AH shouldn't be a problem. Use the highest ilevel mainhand weapon you can get, regardless of other stats. Eminent / Delve would be the best options.

The 0-2 level random variance that the relic hands prevent does not apply at lv100 and above.
But, the relic hands can be even more useful than before if you want to use pets that naturally cap low because they add an extra level for each beast affinity merit. Normally the additional levels from beast affinity cap at 10, but with augmented +2 relic gloves it's up to 15 levels. That would put a lv99 capped pet like Falcorr at lv114, assuming your main hand axe allowed pets that high.
With a naturally-high cap pet like Herald Henry you could be naked except an Eminent Axe and it would would still spawn at lv117 with merits. (the ilevel of that axe) Hell, a naked BST could spawn that pet at lv123 if they had the axe for it. (which doesn't currently even exist)
I never got the relic hands because I didn't have enough Dynamis clears. I only have Jeuno and Windy. Those were so damned easy with two other pre-ilevel BSTs that I'm sure they could be solo'd. But Beaucedine sounds like an incredible pain in the ass because of potential chainspell Death spam.

Can solo all of it with a decked out pet job.

The entire thing would have been almost a cakewalk pre-ilevel except for hate problems in three fights.
They're a lot easier now, but not so much because of ilevel. (Although ilevel armor makes hate problems easier to endure, unless they jump on an NPC you're supposed to keep alive after a reset, in which case you're still fucked.) They're easier because of the new Unleash ability.
Actually, I steamrolled one of the fights that was a potential hate nightmare the first time. I only found out what a pain in the ass it could be when I tried doing it again for Hgplayer. Took me three tries to win a second time.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/11th/login09.html

Oops, already missed the first day of the login campaign.

I didn't know the last one was ending and I hadn't spent any of my points.

Loona

Managed to solo WotG up to the end of the Windurst brach, so only 2 fight left to clear my access to Cait Sith when it's out.
Whenever I had to keep Lilisette alive I went RDM/PLD for heals and refresh, pulled off most of the others on WAR/DNC with a Pick of Trials, sometimes with an Eminent Dagger on offhand.
I went THF to the final part of the Windy branch to farm the Dorter Key I still needed, but Flee came in handy to reach the battlefield, and both bosses were pretty soloable with my gear, although it was annoying to have to return to past Meriphataud for a key item, Castle Oz is annoying enough as it is, without having to cross it all over again twice.

I'm hoping I can keep working on my axe WS quest in the next WotG spitewardens fight by doing it WAR/DNC with the pick of trials and eminent dagger (I had to use that to not time out solo in one of the Xarcabard (S) battlefields), since it's 4 opponents - I'm hoping Retaliation helps, but with one of the enemies being fomor-ish maybe Drain Samba won't work?... I might have to leave that guy for last anyway...

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Lilisette is not one of the NPCs I was talking about. Actually, the most suicidal one was in the Sandy branch.
And Drain Samba will not work.

The 0-2 level random variance that the relic hands prevent does not apply at lv100 and above.
But, the relic hands can be even more useful than before if you want to use pets that naturally cap low because they add an extra level for each beast affinity merit. Normally the additional levels from beast affinity cap at 10, but with augmented +2 relic gloves it's up to 15 levels. That would put a lv99 capped pet like Falcorr at lv114, assuming your main hand axe allowed pets that high.
With a naturally-high cap pet like Herald Henry you could be naked except an Eminent Axe and it would would still spawn at lv117 with merits. (the ilevel of that axe) Hell, a naked BST could spawn that pet at lv123 if they had the axe for it. (which doesn't currently even exist)
I never got the relic hands because I didn't have enough Dynamis clears. I only have Jeuno and Windy. Those were so damned easy with two other pre-ilevel BSTs that I'm sure they could be solo'd. But Beaucedine sounds like an incredible pain in the ass because of potential chainspell Death spam.

The entire thing would have been almost a cakewalk pre-ilevel except for hate problems in three fights.
They're a lot easier now, but not so much because of ilevel. (Although ilevel armor makes hate problems easier to endure, unless they jump on an NPC you're supposed to keep alive after a reset, in which case you're still fucked.) They're easier because of the new Unleash ability.
Actually, I steamrolled one of the fights that was a potential hate nightmare the first time. I only found out what a pain in the ass it could be when I tried doing it again for Hgplayer. Took me three tries to win a second time.

I didn't know the last one was ending and I hadn't spent any of my points.

The beaucedine eyeball is pretty easy nowadays. His arena is the entire lower area still, so you can still kite the dragons that spawn with him. Thf and a pet job shouldn't have trouble since I believe the pets won't de-aggro when he teleports. Thf pops flee, then pops the mobs and runs them around, pet job goes for the eye. Technically he can still get lucky but he shouldn't live long enough for it to happen.

TAJ

I meant straight solo.
Duo obviously opens up all sorts of ways to make it a complete joke.

Loona

Lilisette is not one of the NPCs I was talking about. Actually, the most suicidal one was in the Sandy branch.
And Drain Samba will not work.

Just saved Excenmille from that Orc crowd (plus bugard) solo on RDM/PLD for heals... Damn is the kid suicidal (and the fight design sadistic), especially compared with the far simpler Bastoken counterpart at the same place... Good thing I had all those potions, ethers and elixir from chests, helped a lot to keep me and the kid alive...

Loona

I wonder exactly what you're going to be able to do with Job Points.

From what I briefly saw at bluegartr, it's 1 boost the the 21-hour ability, and another to one of the regular skills.

If someone here already finished the Bastok WotG quest line and got the Zazarg trust, does he reference WotG events?

I found it funny that for Cherukiki not only is her cutscene completely atypical compared to others', her CS references a completely unrelated quest started by the guy you have to talk to to get her (Ducal Hospitality, IIRC), I barely remembered having done done.

From what I briefly saw at bluegartr, it's 1 boost the the 21-hour ability, and another to one of the regular skills.

If someone here already finished the Bastok WotG quest line and got the Zazarg trust, does he reference WotG events?

I found it funny that for Cherukiki not only is her cutscene completely atypical compared to others', her CS references a completely unrelated quest started by the guy you have to talk to to get her (Ducal Hospitality, IIRC), I barely remembered having done done.

You're correct. The currently enhance-able JAs are some of the more "job defining" ones, and the original 1hour abilities.

All the heavy armor classes get their circle abilities enhanced, Blu gets more set points, Thf gets SA, Dnc gets step enhancements, sch get's grimoire enhancements, etc.

Loona

MNK gets more evasion on Dodge... Well, the good stuff like Counter was already in merits, and it's survivability... Fantastic for BLU though.

ZetaEpyon

How busy is The LS on Sylph? I'm kinda tempted to transfer over from Shiva.

There's so much I never got to do...

Only regularly scheduled stuff we have right now is finishing up some Abyssea stuff on Tuesdays, but there's usually a small handful of people on otherwise. That's really all you need for most stuff now anyway, though.

Edit: Of course that also depends on what time zone you'd be playing during.

Reishiki

Banned
Only regularly scheduled stuff we have right now is finishing up some Abyssea stuff on Tuesdays, but there's usually a small handful of people on otherwise. That's really all you need for most stuff now anyway, though.

Edit: Of course that also depends on what time zone you'd be playing during.

Normally GMT, but I work odd shifts occasionally.

ZetaEpyon

Yeah, we're mainly only active in the evenings Eastern time. Still, if you do decide to move over, let one of us know and we'll get you a pearl.

TAJ

Just saved Excenmille from that Orc crowd (plus bugard) solo on RDM/PLD for heals... Damn is the kid suicidal (and the fight design sadistic), especially compared with the far simpler Bastoken counterpart at the same place... Good thing I had all those potions, ethers and elixir from chests, helped a lot to keep me and the kid alive...

With BST it's possible to get them all to aggro your pet first if you flank them and send it in from the right spot. I won that way twice.
Failing that, way back when you were stuck trying to rip most of them off with pet AoE, which at the time meant building up TP while the little bastard worked hard at getting himself killed.
That was by far the easiest of the fights that was losable, though.
The hate mechanics for the last spitewarden fight were so fucked up that it was actually way easier with all of them alive than it was after you killed half of them.
I'd have my pet AoE and they'd be back on me two or three seconds later even though I'd never touched them. Then I'd run around trying not to die, repeat, back on me in five seconds...wing/WS on them and Snarl... back on me in four seconds,etc.

I'll give it some thought and give you a heads up if I move over.

There's a few EU people in the LS now. It's a small regular crew, but people are friendly. The ls is kept mostly social. Lots of us have events in other shells. Tuesdays is the IHOP event day, we'll be moving into voidwatch soon for clears, and after a round of those, probably make it a rotating event day for some much needed variety.

ZetaEpyon

Transferred to Sylph. I'm working a twilight shift this week, so I'll be on early morning GMT to try playing catchup.

Cool, check the player spreadsheet in the first post of the thread and shoot one of the sackholders a message when you're on, and we can get you a pearl.

Reishiki

Banned
I've only been 'back' for a couple of days and already I've managed to do:

- Windy 8-2 -> Rank 10
- BLU 21 -> 72
- SCH 95 -> 99
- Unlocked a bunch of Trust Npcs, including Lehko today

Shame the Trust Npcs can't be used in mission battles, but I guess I can't have everything I want...

I've only been 'back' for a couple of days and already I've managed to do:

- Windy 8-2 -> Rank 10
- BLU 21 -> 72
- SCH 95 -> 99
- Unlocked a bunch of Trust Npcs, including Lehko today

Shame the Trust Npcs can't be used in mission battles, but I guess I can't have everything I want...

Actually they can in some. Or maybe that's in April.

Reishiki

Banned
I tried in both Windy 9-2 and the final Zilart mission, but no dice there.

It's still really useful for getting stuff done outside of BCs, though.

Loona

Managed to solo de WotG final fight, on my unskilled RUN.

I was thinking of getting a Regain Moonshade Earring, mostly for WS trails, but talking it over with my LS the attack+ and TP bonus one for WS macros seemed like a better choice.

If it's not such a goof idea, at least I know I can solo the fight.

I guess now my objectives are to complete my remaining quests, since it seems I'm done with actual missions...

Managed to solo de WotG final fight, on my unskilled RUN.

I was thinking of getting a Regain Moonshade Earring, mostly for WS trails, but talking it over with my LS the attack+ and TP bonus one for WS macros seemed like a better choice.

If it's not such a goof idea, at least I know I can solo the fight.

I guess now my objectives are to complete my remaining quests, since it seems I'm done with actual missions...

Attack + tp bonus is the best way to go on that earring for DDs.

TAJ

Attack + tp bonus is the best way to go on that earring for DDs.

I should probably switch to that one sometime, but the regain one is just so useful for speeding up really dangerous fights on BST.

Sinople

I tried in both Windy 9-2 and the final Zilart mission, but no dice there.

It's still really useful for getting stuff done outside of BCs, though.

I checked here and it's actually kind of weird: you can use them for the base game missions (up to 5-2) and up to mission 4-2 of CoP (The Savage) but nothing for RotZ.

been out of the XI world for about 2 years now and always want to get back (even thou right now is one of the worst time for me to do that), so I just reactivated my XI account today and realize my old collection disc can't be use since POL is no more and now I have to figure out how to get back in Vana'diel.

first of all, I know there's a new "collector's edition" for SOA and I want to get that, but is it available in the form of digital download only for NA or is there a disc I can buy somewhere? I prefer something solid that I can keep around then digital for the most part, but since I've look in most of the major retailers sites and didn't find it, I guess digital would have to do for now.

second, I reactivated the account and characters on the SE account service but do I still have to do the whole transfer POL ID thing in order for this to work? I'm not sure if I've done that yet but I totally had forgotten about my POL ID and password already so that might be a little tricky...

third, since I'm pretty sure my old LS would be gone by now, what's a good server to move to? (I think my old server might be gone by now too actually) where all the good adventurers from GAF play on? and can I join your LS too?

hope that's not too many questions~

ZetaEpyon

been out of the XI world for about 2 years now and always want to get back (even thou right now is one of the worst time for me to do that), so I just reactivated my XI account today and realize my old collection disc can't be use since POL is no more and now I have to figure out how to get back in Vana'diel.

first of all, I know there's a new "collector's edition" for SOA and I want to get that, but is it available in the form of digital download only for NA or is there a disc I can buy somewhere? I prefer something solid that I can keep around then digital for the most part, but since I've look in most of the major retailers sites and didn't find it, I guess digital would have to do for now.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's digital only now, at least for PC. Steam and Amazon both have the Seekers ultimate edition for $30 right now. If you only need the SoA expansion, that's $20 on Amazon. The Ultimate Edition does include a couple in-game items that are pretty useful for low levels, though, if that's a consideration.

second, I reactivated the account and characters on the SE account service but do I still have to do the whole transfer POL ID thing in order for this to work? I'm not sure if I've done that yet but I totally had forgotten about my POL ID and password already so that might be a little tricky...

If you'd already linked your POL and SE accounts (which appears to be the case, if you reactivated them in the SE account management thing), you should be good to go. You'll still need the ID and password to set up PlayOnline, but you can see the ID in the SE account manager, and you can also reset your POL password there if needed.

third, since I'm pretty sure my old LS would be gone by now, what's a good server to move to? (I think my old server might be gone by now too actually) where all the good adventurers from GAF play on? and can I join your LS too?

The last server merges were in 2010, I think, so if you played 2 years ago, whatever server you were on is probably still there. Most of us from GAF who still play are on Sylph. We have some scheduled stuff on Tuesday nights, but otherwise it's just social, ad-hoc stuff for the most part. If you do decide to transfer (or are already on Sylph), look up a sackholder in the player list in the OP, and we'll get you a pearl for the shell.

hope that's not too many questions~

Not at all! :)

just talked to the customer service at SE while I'm downloading the game, and they sure improved that part a lot more from how it was before. he suggested I wait a few days before doing the world transfer since starting April 1st they'll change the cost from $25 to $18 and wait time from 90 days to 3 days. guess I'll wait for now XD

done with installing and all but realize this still play through POL, so now I'm confused... XD I thought they ended POL already no? the game still runs through POL?

anyway, gona check out Odin and see if I can find some ppl I used to know I guess. maybe move over to Sylph if I can't find anyone on there any more... so much catching back up I need to do. just hearing the music already brings back so much feelings for this game... feelswave.gif

Seigyoku

done with installing and all but realize this still play through POL, so now I'm confused... XD I thought they ended POL already no? the game still runs through POL?

Oh POL is still there, they just moved all the billing and other transactions off it.

And it still will crash if you sneeze too hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom