• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XI 2013 Seekers of Adoulin |OT| Go West, Young Adventurer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seigyoku

Can't seem to sign in. Is the first box asking for my email address or username? Should I be putting my one-time password in the password box? Or is the whole thing just broken?

Neither. First box wants your POL ID. That weird string of letters and numbers that no one remembers anymore because you sign in to the game with an SE ID that is linked to it.*

You POL password (NOT SE PASSWORD, NOT ONE TIME PASSWORD) goes in the password box.

*Yes there are people who have been playing for 7+ years who can rattle off their POL ID.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Yay, another update on the 26th. New Trusts to acquire: Trion, Volker, Ajido-Marujido, and Shantotto.

creid

Neither. First box wants your POL ID. That weird string of letters and numbers that no one remembers anymore because you sign in to the game with an SE ID that is linked to it.*

You POL password (NOT SE PASSWORD, NOT ONE TIME PASSWORD) goes in the password box.

*Yes there are people who have been playing for 7+ years who can rattle off their POL ID.
Ah, thanks. I actually have that info. Tried my POL ID at one point but used my SE password with it.

I'm in, but most of my equipment is out of date.

Ah, thanks. I actually have that info. Tried my POL ID at one point but used my SE password with it.

I'm in, but most of my equipment is out of date.

Next what you do is link the character to your FFXIAH page, then your auction house points count towards the LS rankings, which are meaningless really, but I LIKE WHEN NUMBERS GO UP.

Yay, another update on the 26th. New Trusts to acquire: Trion, Volker, Ajido-Marujido, and Shantotto.

I'm going to plasticsurgeon my character to look like sei and take /displaynames off photos in various locations with Trion and call it "My summer with a prince".

ZetaEpyon

You log in with your pol id and pol pass, and then hit "join/establish" and IHOP should be an option.

This is unsurprisingly (thanks, SE!) confusing - you actually click Join/Establish before logging in. When you then put in your info, it'll give you a list of linkshells that you have and that you have not already linked on the community.

Loona

It's weird that Windurst gets 2 NPCs while the other cities only get 1, even if Shantotto's popular - then again, by now we can have Zeid with login points, and he counts as Bastok (if they add Iron Eater after Volker we can have all Mythril Musketeers).
I wonder who'd be a San d'Orian 4th... Rahal, since they went with Excenmille?...

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I must admit to having gotten pretty hooked on doing Monstrosity of late, its really useful for clearing RoE tasks and with the double xp campaign on atm, levelling is lightning fast.

My personal best so far is taking a bird from lvl1 to lvl 24 in a single ~30 min run through KRT! Absolutely ridiculous!

I'm hoping they add more stuff to buy with sparks soon because I'm accumulating pts faster than I know what to do with, and it bugs me a little that the only useful things you can buy with AMAN vouchers are RME upgrade items... I mean selling plutons is decent gil atm, but for most people that's the only use for them.

@Loona

Probably. Sadly most of the Sandy NPC's are kinda interchangable in the present. Shadowreign versions are much more fun.

ZetaEpyon

All of these events have the same timeframe:

• Double experience
  • Increased seal drop rate
  • Double Salvage plan drop rate
  • Abyssea stuff
  • Double Skirmish simulacra drop rate
  • Double Monstrosity experience
  • BCNM additional drops
Wednesday, December 11, 2013, at 12:00 a.m. (PST) to Tuesday, January 14, 2014, at the same hour.

Seigyoku

It's weird that Windurst gets 2 NPCs while the other cities only get 1, even if Shantotto's popular - then again, by now we can have Zeid with login points, and he counts as Bastok (if they add Iron Eater after Volker we can have all Mythril Musketeers).
I wonder who'd be a San d'Orian 4th... Rahal, since they went with Excenmille?...

Well, Shantotto is in her own special world. She was the winner of the popularity poll, she's the defacto FFXI rep for SE's multi-world projects, first FFXI character to get a VA, TWO things in FFXIV involve her, got HER OWN DAMN MINI EXPANSION.

She kinda transcends Windy lol.

I do feel bad for poor Iron Eater. He didn't even rank in the poll, so who knows if he's even being considered!

Bilix

My guess from the patch trailer is that you don't get to team up with the real Shantotto. You just conjure some doppleganger of her to use. The real Shantotto would never be bothered to go out adventuring.

creid

My guess from the patch trailer is that you don't get to team up with the real Shantotto. You just conjure some doppleganger of her to use. The real Shantotto would never be bothered to go out adventuring.
Yeah, that's the whole idea of "Trust". You're not really summoning them, you're summoning their "alter ego."

Loona

Well that's not very "trusting" of them now is it?

"I didn't my you running errands for me so I don't mind being seen with you in public even if it's not really me".

Also, I wonder if the Shantotto alter ego will warp if her HP drops under 50% like in the ToAU battle with the khimaira.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Loona said:
Also, I wonder if the Shantotto alter ego will warp if her HP drops under 50% like in the ToAU battle with the khimaira.

Shantotto just nukes like a maniac and taps out of MP really fast. If you stick Ajido in there it feels like they are racing to empty their pool the quickest! KInda disappointing although if you are simply looking for spike damage, they both really dish it out.

The downside is mainly that once they are out of mp, they simply stand there doing nothing. Its a marked contrast to Kupipi who not only is fairly prudent with mana usage, but will actually melee when she isn't casting (often putting herself in danger, but that's another story).

Obvious solution is to dismiss/resummon regularly, but its an annoyance that they waste mp on T5's all the time.

Bilix

I'm going to plasticsurgeon my character to look like sei and take /displaynames off photos in various locations with Trion and call it "My summer with a prince".

It's not going to be believable.

bAXizlb.png

New trusts are up.

**** The items needed to summon their respective alter egos can be acquired by exchanging the following types of currency with the NPC with which you can normally exchange that currency.
Currency and Item Name
Conquest Points – Cipher: Tenzen
Imperial Standing – Cipher: Mihli
Allied Notes – Cipher: Valaineral
Cruor – Cipher: Joachim - (in Abyssea only)

Loona

I haven't finished WotG yet, so I wonder about Valaineral - isn't he just a campaign general, or does he have a role in the (main) story quests?

It's OK that Sandy's the tank nation, Bastok's the heavy damage nation and Windy's all about magic and mithras, and seeing this reflected in their Trust NPCs makes sense, but damn, all the Sandy ones are paladin tanks...

Oh well, at least with Ayame, Nanaa, Zeid and Tenzen you get DDs that don't voke...

I haven't finished WotG yet, so I wonder about Valaineral - isn't he just a campaign general, or does he have a role in the (main) story quests?

It's OK that Sandy's the tank nation, Bastok's the heavy damage nation and Windy's all about magic and mithras, and seeing this reflected in their Trust NPCs makes sense, but damn, all the Sandy ones are paladin tanks...

Oh well, at least with Ayame, Nanaa, Zeid and Tenzen you get DDs that don't voke...

But now you can run around with a party of instant paladins while you're on paladin and xzibit paladin paladin paladin paladin.

Riposte

The Windurst fanboy in me from 2006~ or earlier would have adored Ajido-Marujido's new presence. He was my favorite character back then, but he just dropped out of existence, unlike Shantotto, Volker, and Trion.

Seigyoku

The Windurst fanboy in me from 2006~ or earlier would have adored Ajido-Marujido's new presence. He was my favorite character back then, but he just dropped out of existence, unlike Shantotto, Volker, and Trion.

Did you ever do the WotG Windy missions? Tiny Ajido plays a part. Also it is one of the most amazing stories in the game period.

Riposte

At which point? I'm doing all 3 at the same time, though I haven't advanced much since reaching Distorter of Time.

No, I meant missions outside WotG. WotG features separate questlines branching off the missions. I think the only really missable part is the second or third requirement quests of the other armies (made sure to do those).

creid

[Goblin Stew 880]
Trading Goblin Stew 880 in lieu of the four items needed for the quest to increase your bag space will enable you to successfully complete the quest.
Uh oh, is this good for any of the Gobbiebag quests? I just dropped 35k gil towards my latest one :(

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
They also added Frayed Pouches and Frayed Sacks, so... cheaper/easier WoE weaponskill unlocks I guess?

At the number required to complete the upgrade (and anything less than full is completely pointless these days), these in all fairness are pretty pointless.

You need WoE access to unlock the Empy ws across all jobs, so why not just farm them? You need a lot more dice/liminals to complete a stage than you are able to get from a campaign, its very different from empy +1/+2 items.

Coins are a bit more useful as you only need 30, and don't cost that much in login points, but liminals in particular at 2k per pouch are stupidly expensive, you'd be mad to buy them.

Gobbiebag completion items are worthwhile for the last couple of stages, but below that... I suspect you could make more gil by selling other things.

Couple of points regarding Limbus mats: Materials can be shared across the same account, which is great if you have an alt-char especially now that CoP can easily be soloed through to completion (aside from the stupid 2-lock door in sacrarium... which is still an annoying cockblock). Just remember that they cannot be sold or bazaared, unlike ABC's which can be bazaared but not sent between chars.

To be honest I think most people will be best off simply buying the AF109 mats (Beetle Blood especially) and AH'ing them for gil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom